Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? (556 Views)

2014 WAEC: Our Students’ Failure Is A Reflection Of Our Nation’s Failure —atiku / Do You Think Government Should Ban The Use Of Blackberries Among Our Students? / Are Smartphones Affecting Our Written And Spoken English Skills? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? by Chrissy101(f): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2014
[color=#770077][/color] .
Are we getting addicted to social networks??
These days in secondary schools,dont be surprised to find a student writing something like 'aw ar u' (how are you) all because of social networks (2go,facebook,eskimi etc) that they spend hours on..which in turn affect their education ....i think this social network of a thing is getting out of hand. What do you guys say?
Re: Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? by SpaceGoat: 11:16am On Aug 23, 2014
testing
Re: Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? by vizkiz: 11:19am On Aug 23, 2014
Re: Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? by elomepee: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2014
Chrissy101: [color=#770077][/color] .
Are we getting addicted to social networks??
These days in secondary schools,dont be surprised to find a student writing something like 'aw ar u' (how are you) all because of social networks (2go,facebook,eskimi etc) that they spend hours on..which in turn affect their education ....i think this social network of a thing is getting out of hand. What do you guys say?

Its left for you as an individual guard his or her self. The world is at its end.

1 Like

Re: Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? by Superstar007(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2014
I hate that stuff ehn. The worst thing is that if you try correcting them, you'll end up getting insulted".

Like seriously, what is the meaning of
Moi for me
Fanks for thanks
Lhuv for love
Gawd for God
Lawd for Lord
nyc for nice
Wyf for wife
Fingz for things
Owkae for okay
Widawt for without
Yhu for you
Vat/dat for that
Re: Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? by GboyegaD(m): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Superstar007: I hate that stuff ehn. The worst thing is that if you try correcting them, you'll end up getting insulted".

Like seriously, what is the meaning of
Moi for me
Fanks for thanks
Lhuv for love
Gawd for God
Lawd for Lord
nyc for nice
Wyf for wife
Fingz for things
Owkae for okay
Widawt for without
Yhu for you
Vat/dat for that

The silly part of it is that some of the trendy spellings are longer than the right one which makes me wonder why they do that.
Re: Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? by Superstar007(m): 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
GboyegaD:

The silly part of it is that some of the trendy spellings are longer than the right one which makes me wonder why they do that.

Yeah. Maybe most of these people don't know the correct spellings of words so they tend to replace it with that gibberish to coverup
Re: Are Social Networks Affecting Our Students? by GboyegaD(m): 1:22am On Aug 25, 2014
Superstar007:

Yeah. Maybe most of these people don't know the correct spellings of words so they tend to replace it with that gibberish to coverup

That's a possibility. Most times when people send me a message with such I politely tell them I don't appreciate it and if you choose to continue, I don't reply you.

(1) (Reply)

OOU Shut Down By Ogun State Government / Federal Polytechnic Oko Okopoly Announced Their Date Of Post Utme For 2014/2015 / what books may do to you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.