Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (139785 Views)

23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees / Top 10 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / Six (6) Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2014
InjoyLogistics:

sir, i am not doubting that.
but if you see the harm most of these schools were causing these children during examinations
i visited a school sometimes 2 years ago during the waec examination. Saw these children with textbooks in their dinning hall writing exam live. Copying from textbooks. If i lied let God punish me for that. Thanks
What!!!!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by collins011(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.

there are few things you may not know about the so called 'creme de la creme'. this little boys and girls are forming cult groups, showing off wealth and riches, these are the things going on in this school but surprising thing is that often times the authorities don't know about it and even when they know they can hardly dare to punish this kids because virtually all of them are children of high and mighty who you can cannot just toy with. know let me tell you a story. I worked with this NNPC Don who his son was schooling in one of these school in Abuja with a tuition fee of 1.8million naira per annum. I was close to this young boy so whenever he is on holiday we spend time together and he will be feeding me with their cult related activities and trying to impress girls with wealth etc. one striking is that he mentioned big names like deputy senate president son who he said that leads their cult related activities. I can go on and but all that glitters are not gold
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Opepadi: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] angryuhm uhm....Naija go better....can't just staring at dis big big money...oh boy...may God help us in Nigeria
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by megastu(m): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2014
Oyinbo Man say " Cut your coat according to your size".
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mapet: 11:57am On Aug 25, 2014
OK Folks. Let me join this discourse and I need to state ahead that I may be classified as a parent with a child in one of these schools. I share my experience to help clarify a perspective.

1. I understand the sentiments and anger that this kinds of argument elicits, especially when we try to rationalize and justify reasons why these schools are this expensive and why people send their kinds there. I also crave that we're more matured in the way we vilify parents of wards in these schools are latent criminals, politicians and government contractors........well "Assumption" they say is the mother of all Fvckups!!

2. Our Educational system is probably one of the contributor to the gap that brought forth these schools. Even the famed unity schools have lost it and the FG were that helpless that they considered privatizing them of recent. Then when you talk about government state schools, we also do know that standards have so fallen. I do acknowledge that there are efforts by some state governors to address the education system in their states tho. My point here is that if did not have the lacunae, we will not have a "thriving market" for these institutions. The same played itself out in the tertiary level, where private universities have sprung up........

3. I think we should cut parents who choose to send their wards to those schools some slack, even if we feel "slighted" by their apparent "disregard for same institutions" as we are. I say this with all sense of respect to those in the opposing category. Hopefully like me, the primary reason why parents send their ward to those school is simply to get the best value(..and I dare add, their perceived value) within their means. Let me play it like this, If I have good money, on whom would I spend it on first, if not my wife and children. Other things mentioned, networking, quality environment and ambience, exposure, access to innovative offerings are "other benefits" and they are valid.

4. We need not deride the children in these schools because they earned the right to be there. My daughter who is starting year 7 in about 3 weeks, sat for and secured admission into 5 top secondary schools. She scored 159/200 in National Common Entrance and was invited for Interview. The only reason I stopped her sitting for the interview was that I had already paid half the school fees in her new school. My daughter faced RIGOROUS interview sessions in 3 of these 5 schools, especially the panel interview that involved both my wife and myself. I couldn't have been prouder as a dad the way she aced those questions thrown at her. She's 9+ and few months shy of the cut off age, yet they waived that and offered her admission in all cases.

5. I want us to understand that many these schools also set a high standard entry barrier and that in itself shows the quality the hold. Someone mentioned a package and I do agree. My daughter's school runs 2 tracks, Nigerian and British curriculum. In addition to that there are other stuffs like checkpoint exams, IJMB and Leadership training which they go for at Sea School. By the time you narrow it down to the details of what you're paying for, well, maybe expensive, but more in terms of value offerings.

to be continued

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Sagamite(m): 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
bukatyne:

And your second paragraph is exactly my problem with these schools.

Someone once complained that Nigerian Fashion designers are too expensive;

Beyonce bought a shoe of about $630 (roughly N107, 000) and people went gaga hailing her and you will see a politican's wife or even less flaunting much more expensive shoes

We like to spend in Nigeria... I guess it turns us on

"I don arrive" mentality, showing off what one cannot comfortably afford and oppressing the next men is a recognised mental health issue in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Sagamite(m): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
Justfollowit:
Yet you see Nigerians opening their mouths to make excuses, I believe most Nigerians deserve every consequence stemming from their indifference to their welfare.

Lucky me, my mum made sure we all attended Federal Government schools, they are the only schools that you can at least find the tiniest bit of quality.

Most Nigerians are fcktards!

Moronic nation, moronic people.

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mapet: 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
6. Now to the issue of funding, I dare say many of you guys are way off the mark. The truth is that it is not only the "rich" that can afford these schools. There is a category, in which I belong, I will call aspiring rich, yet good planners (and God's favor). Let me explain. I have just 2 kids, age almost 4years apart and 5 classes apart. We're avid saver and investor of money. We are smart in our consumption and frugal in our expenses. We have set life goals for ourselves and religiously follow the steps in the path we've defined. we have promised to give our children access to greater opportunities in life than we ever had and vowed to prepare them for it. We have seen these times coming when the children's fees to quality secondary schools and universities are major milestones in our lives. We have planned for it, saved for it and organized our lives. Much more God has helped us to make things work for our good......... so when it's time to actualize, we do just that........

7. We should also respect parent's prerogative and what they choose. Yes, I do agree some parents' primary objective is to network (a parent actually confided in my wife), but we should understand that, provided that parent keeps watch on the academics of her ward, it's still in place. Some also do it for access, that is, to help their transition to other school overseas. We for one have told our daughter that even though we can afford it, she will not have her first degree in the States but Masters and PHD if she so pleases...why? simply because we want her to be truly ingrained in our culture and value system......well that's by the way

8. The issue of performance in WAEC, JAMB etc are relative. Most of the children in these school do write and pass JAMB. Many of these schools flaunt the results of there gradutes on the pages of newspaper....but that in itself is just a means to an end. The most important thing is the child, My daughter, My son....... whom I have visions and prayers of where I pray to lead them on to.

2 Likes

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
All I can say is dat everywhere in the world...in every country,there are the best schools and richest schools whereby only rich people attend and there's also scholarships too...Nigeria is no different!!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hahahahahahah guy you funny. No worry after that one I went to a boarding school..... We pay in dollars grin
eye2sabi:

lol... guy i luv this ur sch oo, guess u attended ccss rumukwuruwsi at secondary level too grin grin grin grin grin
lol... no wonda u stubborn like this.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Prescott001(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Abeg...after everything d boti..children go dull.....most of dem dey even bang SSCE...that's why I respect King's College....they are superb ..yet their fee ain't that much....Sanusi Lamido,Alex Ekwueme,Anthony Enahoro,Owner of super strikers and a host of many others ......yet they top d country. ....name 1 twush pikin that is like these Gemz...
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by goldtooth: 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Jarus:

The reason why Bukola Saraki (son of Olusola Saraki) married Toyin Ojora (son of Billionaire Adekunle Ojora)

Why son of IBB married daughter of Indimi

Why Bola Shagaya's son marries Atiku's daughter

Etc

You won't find a poor man where they are.

That said, I believe it's a waste of money. For a Dangote I agree, at least for security reason (Dangote's daughter can't go to just any school, for risk of kidnap); but all these middle-level Managers in companies that live in Lekki/Ikoyi and spend such fortune on educating of their children, it's a waste IMO.
if a middle level manager has the funds and does not have to start running around when its time to pay fees then it is ok in my opinion. My dad sent me to one of the best sch in my city. The Governor, and the oba had their kids in that sch and the quality of education is top notch. Today i am very grateful to my dad
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by lovinam: 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
@Mapet thanks, you have said it all. Some people are just ignorant and follow the bandwagon. I have my eyes set on a school in the west. We have two years to go, so I've started now to drill my child so we can get scholarship. I know she will make it. Its all about planing. People are busy buying cars renting houses in expensive areas, stocking up on gold, going on expensive holiday just to belong . They forget the most important EDUCATING the CHILD. I will spend my last dime to ensure my kids go to the best school that have high/ good academic standard.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by oluseke(f): 6:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=HarrveySpecter]There's one in Ogun, forgotten the name. In a village there fa! Pays way more than all this listed. [/quo

trinity international college, ofada
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
collins011:

there are few things you may not know about the so called 'creme de la creme'. this little boys and girls are forming cult groups, showing off wealth and riches, these are the things going on in this school but surprising thing is that often times the authorities don't know about it and even when they know they can hardly dare to punish this kids because virtually all of them are children of high and mighty who you can cannot just toy with. know let me tell you a story. I worked with this NNPC Don who his son was schooling in one of these school in Abuja with a tuition fee of 1.8million naira per annum. I was close to this young boy so whenever he is on holiday we spend time together and he will be feeding me with their cult related activities and trying to impress girls with wealth etc. one striking is that he mentioned big names like deputy senate president son who he said that leads their cult related activities. I can go on and but all that glitters are not gold

Who named their activities cult? You or the boy?

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Itydee(m): 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
50calibre:

You're missing the point, this isn't just about the academics, it's about the whole package.

In terms of quality, you can't compare those schools to the average Nigerian school, the environment, the teachers, the facilities, the intellectual level, the pattern of learning.... are miles ahead of Nigerian standards.

Those schools are for the creme de la creme, no wannabe thugs, no poor people & most likely no bullies. Every kid is such school comes from an upper class, there kids develop network of important friends which comes handy in life. That's why you'd notice people of an upper class belong to a certain clique, these are where those cliques are formed.

People who send their kids there are not fools, if you got the money, send your kids there.
Amechi, Akpabio, El Rufai, Jonathan, Elumelu, etc attended these schools. Rubbish hypes. They don't even pass our NECO or GCE. Abegi, don't let their affluence worry you. once blessed you are anointed.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by soulglo: 11:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
smurfy:

Who named their activities cult? You or the boy?

Flaunting your parents money is occult I guess
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by porka: 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
fr3do: cheesy

[Wispering] Is it not disturbing that these big big schools don't ever have Nigerian names? and they probably don't have a pan Nigerian flavour in their curricula. They might even indulge their students in neo colonialist machinations, machinations like 'the Europeans brought civilization to Africa'

Let's be sincere, majority of our leaders are sons and daughters of elites and the rich. And the average Nigerian big man will send his kids abroad or to those schools with affixes like field, ham, wood ...
[speaking loudly] And believe me fellow compatriots, these schools home and abroad are not healthy for our leaders' political psych. Aside the good neutral scientific knowledge impacted on them, some other crappy ideologies are added.

[Speaking normally] I hope to see more expensive schools with Nigerian names, atleast names of towns and cities they are in.
And Nigerians run good schools and patronise good schools at home.

Olashore International School, Iloko Ijesha, Osun State

Adesoye College, Offa, Kwara State (IBB's children schooled there)

Thomas Adewumi College, Oko, Kwara State
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by fr3do(m): 7:05am On Aug 26, 2014
porka:

Olashore International School, Iloko Ijesha, Osun State

Adesoye College, Offa, Kwara State (IBB's children schooled there)

Thomas Adewumi College, Oko, Kwara State

impressed!
But more!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 26, 2014
'Rheomics' is here in Ilorin, #500,000 for boarding students. It is just wasting of 'resources' frm my own point of view.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mapet: 10:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Tnx Bro.

The bolded part is the meat of the matter. If we all can get into the minds of people that opts to pay extra for greater quality, maybe we can see what they see and understand better.

6 years ago I decided to invest a huge sum on my MBA program in Nigeria, people thought I was crazy. That took a heavy toll on my family's finances but I thank God for a supportive wife who we both crafted and running our vision. If you check out the "said Creme-de-la Crem", you will also see that in many cases these investments in the education of their children is targeted. Who doesn't want to build his own empire? And who will want to build one and not put in place sustainable legacies in their children. I have followed someone like Bolaji Balogun, Subomi Balogun's 1st Son.....my take on him is that he's a combination of awesome smart and best exposure, 2× he'd address Mt class in Bskull and you will realize that the Dad had prepared a second generation of Billionaires......

We also need to understand the required input of parents that money cannot buy. I became my daughter's lesson teacher to prepare her for common entrance exams. She had the daily tasks. Of 200 questions from UGO C UGO, spanning maths, English, quantitative and Verbal. This is exclusive of the one with a weekend lesson teacher. She wrote 2 essays per week and memorized lots of current affairs information. ......I cut my recreation and social schedules and we went the distance together.

So my take. ...are these schools worth it? May be yes, May be no.........It's the parents prerogative
lovinam: @Mapet thanks, you have said it all. Some people are just ignorant and follow the bandwagon. I have my eyes set on a school in the west. We have two years to go, so I've started now to drill my child so we can get scholarship. I know she will make it. Its all about planing. People are busy buying cars renting houses in expensive areas, stocking up on gold, going on expensive holiday just to belong . They forget the most important EDUCATING the CHILD. I will spend my last dime to ensure my kids go to the best school that have high/ good academic standard.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2014
mapet: Tnx Bro.

The bolded part is the meat of the matter. If we all can get into the minds of people that opts to pay extra for greater quality, maybe we can see what they see and understand better.

6 years ago I decided to invest a huge sum on my MBA program in Nigeria, people thought I was crazy. That took a heavy toll on my family's finances but I thank God for a supportive wife who we both crafted and running our vision. If you check out the "said Creme-de-la Crem", you will also see that in many cases these investments in the education of their children is targeted. Who doesn't want to build his own empire? And who will want to build one and not put in place sustainable legacies in their children. I have followed someone like Bolaji Balogun, Subomi Balogun's 1st Son.....my take on him is that he's a combination of awesome smart and best exposure, 2× he'd address Mt class in Bskull and you will realize that the Dad had prepared a second generation of Billionaires......

We also need to understand the required input of parents that money cannot buy. I became my daughter's lesson teacher to prepare her for common entrance exams. She had the daily tasks. Of 200 questions from UGO C UGO, spanning maths, English, quantitative and Verbal. This is exclusive of the one with a weekend lesson teacher. She wrote 2 essays per week and memorized lots of current affairs information. ......I cut my recreation and social schedules and we went the distance together.

So my take. ...are these schools worth it? May be yes, May be no.........It's the parents prerogative

Beautiful submission. Truth is rich and smart people make rich and smart choices. Who gave the common man the right to judge these people and their investment decisions?

I teach in one of these choice schools. The school fees here is over N3 million naira per session. You need to see these super smart kids...!
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mapet: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2014
I try to put into perspective the argument that many leaders of thought today went to government and local schools and yet they are leaders and Billionaires. ..... Well I went to a public primary school in Ketu Lagos, then FGC and Model college in Lagos. Now let's truly examine

1. A large chunk of these leaders had one or more form of quality advanced education in degrees, diplomas and special programs. Many have taken courses in Harvard, Princeton, Oxford, London School of Economics etc. I bet a sizeable number had taken these courses on government and company sponsorships. The captains of industry and politicians flaunt their resume and it starts with. 1st degree in Nigeria and a retinue of ivy league school degrees.

2. These people are severally accused of enrolling their kids in the government schools. Why? It's not about wickedness but at the end each father takes stock of his offspring.

3. Can we compare the quality of government schools that produced these leaders back then and the same today?
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mapet: 11:30am On Aug 26, 2014
megastu: Oyinbo Man say " Cut your coat according to your size".

Now this is one of the issues are. I know a number of people who live larger than their means, current and projected. I also had to withdraw my children from a school because the values on ground runs contrary to how we want to raise our children. We rationalize the peer effect as transferred from some parents to their children and we didn't want out kids to grow that way. I was shocked when my daughter in primary 3 tried to select which of our cars should be used to drop her in school, apparent class display and competition on travels and stuffs.

I'm tempted to believe that some women in this generation may lead their husbands broke with the competition and wealth they flaunt. I think the men folk also want the quick moneys and explore dubious means........

In all these we must still give props to those that are genuinely successful and on course.

1 Like

Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mapet: 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
My brother,

The other truth is that they probably were exposed to better tools that enhanced their competences more than the former as well. Someone who had worked in Citibank New York, GM Motors, Ikea, Microsoft, Apple Inc and Microsoft US, McDonalds, will most practically red-carpet-walk into top management levels of Nigerian companies............

The chances of a Unilag/UNN/OAU/UI etc grad with first degree along getting a looking by any of these companies is from remote to zero. Yet these companies go to Ivy league schools to look for talents. The other worse part of it is that Nigerian companies have joined the fray by going abroad to conduct career and recruitment fairs and road shows...........

abbakacici: yes, but the sad true is that they will get the jobs, contract before you most of the time, and this is not only happening in Nigeria but all over the world where by Connection is more value than competence
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mapet: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
stagger:

faithugo64:
Most of the students there dnt study despite the huge amount they pay,they sometimes cant stand students from a community secondary school,its not about d money,the question is,at the end,which do you graduate with;a certificate or a sabificate

Seconded!

My brothers,

1. these are one of the false assumptions many people take........
2. Definitely we can't rule out some exceptions.
3 It is probably not about competition with children from community secondary schools (Irony is that my daughter's school do assist the community secondary school in their locality as part of their CSR). It is more about the parent's perceptions and values
4. At the end of the day it's about achieving your goals
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by mapet: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
....and these numbers are how what percentage of the 7.185billion people on earth? is it up to o.1%? You don't twist number and stats to suit your purpose
dhaewood: THE AMOUNT YOU SPEND GOING TO SCHOOL WILL NOT DETERMINE YOUR SUCCESS IN LIFE READ THIS & LEARN

[b]Getting a college degree can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, yet once you are out, there is no guarantee of success. A pretty risky investment.

Many business-minded people decided to take the less conventional route to fame and fortune — instead of going to (or finishing) college, they chose to start their own businesses.

Many of these people are now considered to be the Elite of the Elite and did so all without a piece of paper stating that they were approved to be in the American workforce.

Here is a list of the top 100 entrepreneurs that never received a college degree. Many of them you will know while others decided to remain slightly under the radar.

1. Abraham Lincoln, lawyer, U.S. president. Finished one year of formal schooling, self-taught himself trigonometry, and read Blackstone on his own to become a lawyer.

2. Amadeo Peter Giannini, multimillionaire founder of Bank of America. Dropped out of high school.

3. Andrew Carnegie, industrialist and philanthropist, and one of the first mega-billionaires in the US. Elementary school dropout.

4. Andrew Jackson, U.S. president, general, attorney, judge, congressman. Home-schooled. Became a practicing attorney by the age of 35 – without a formal education.

5. Andrew Perlman, co-founder of GreatPoint. Dropped out of Washington University to start Cignal Global Communications, an Internet communications company, when he was only 19.

6. Anne Beiler, multimillionaire co-founder of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels. Dropped out of high school.

7. Ansel Adams, world-famous photographer. Dropped out of high school.

8. Ashley Qualls, founder of Whateverlife.com, left high school at the age of 15 to devote herself to building her website business. She was more than a million dollars by 17.

9. Barbara Lynch, chef, owner of a group of restaurants, worth over $10 million, in Boston. Dropped out of high school.

10. Barry Diller, billionaire, Hollywood mogul, Internet maven, founder of Fox Broadcasting Company, chairman of IAC/InterActive Corp (owner of Ask.com),

11. Ben Kaufman, 21-year-old serial entrepreneur, founder of Kluster. Dropped out of college in his freshman year.

12. Benjamin Franklin, inventor, scientist, author, entrepreneur. Primarily home-schooled.

13. Billy Joe (Red) McCombs, billionaire, founder of Clear Channel media, real estate investor. Dropped out of law school to sell cars in 1950.

14. Bob Proctor, motivational speaker, bestselling author, and co-founder of Life Success Publishing. Attended two months of high school.

15. Bram Cohen, BitTorrent developer. Attended State University of New York at Buffalo for a year.

16. Carl Lindner, billionaire investor, founder of United Dairy Farmers. Dropped out of high school at the age of 14.

17. Charles Culpeper, owner and CEO of Coca Cola. Dropped out of high school.

18. Christopher Columbus, explorer, discoverer of new lands. Primarily home-schooled.

19. Coco Chanel, founder of fashion brand Chanel. A perfume bearing her name, Chanel No. 5 kept her name famous.

20. Colonel Harlan Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). Dropped out of elementary school, later earned law degree by correspondence.

21. Craig McCaw, billionaire founder of McCaw Cellular. Did not complete college.

22. Dave Thomas, billionaire founder of Wendy’s. Dropped out of high school at 15.

23. David Geffen, billionaire founder of Geffen Records and co-founder of DreamWorks. Dropped out of college after completing one year.

24. David Green, billionaire founder of Hobby Lobby. Started the Hobby Lobby chain with only $600. High school graduate.

25. David Karp, founder of Tumblr. Dropped out of school at 15, then homeschooled. Did not attend college.

26. David Neeleman, founder of JetBlue airlines. Dropped out of college after three years.

27. David Ogilvy, advertising executive and copywriter . Was expelled from Oxford University at the age of 20.

28. David Oreck, multimillionaire founder of The Oreck Corporation. Quit college to enlist in the Army Air Corps.

29. Debbi Fields, founder of Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chippery. Later renamed, franchised, then sold Mrs. Field’s Cookies.

30. DeWitt Wallace, founder and publisher of Reader’s Digest. Dropped out of college after one year. Went back, then dropped out again after the second year.

31. Dov Charney, founder of American Apparel. Started the company in high school, and never attended college.

32. Dustin Moskovitz, multi-millionaire co-founder of Facebook. Harvard dropout.

33. Frank Lloyd Wright, the most influential architect of the twentieth century. Never attended high school.

34. Frederick “Freddy” Laker, billionaire airline entrepreneur. High school dropout.

35. Frederick Henry Royce, auto designer, multimillionaire co-founder of Rolls-Royce. Dropped out of elementary school.

36. George Eastman, multimillionaire inventor, Kodak founder. Dropped out of high school.

37. George Naddaff, founder of UFood Grill and Boston Chicken. Did not attend college.

38. Gurbaksh Chahal, multimillionaire founder of BlueLithium and Click Again. Dropped out at 16, when he founded Click Again.

39. H. Wayne Huizenga, founder of WMX garbage company, helped build Blockbuster video chain. Joined the Army out of high school, and later went to college only to drop out during his first year.

40. Henry Ford, billionaire founder of Ford Motor Company. Did not attend college.

41. Henry J. Kaiser, multimillionaire & founder of Kaiser Aluminum. Dropped out of high school.

42. Hyman Golden, co-founder of Snapple. Dropped out of high school.

43. Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA, one of the richest people in the world, dyslexic.

44. Isaac Merrit Singer, sewing machine inventor, founder of Singer. Elementary school dropout.

45. Jack Crawford Taylor, founder of Enterprise Rent-a-Car. Dropped out of college to become a WWII fighter pilot in the Navy.

46. Jake Nickell, co-founder and CEO of Threadless.com. Did not graduate from college.

47. James Cameron, Oscar-winning director, screenwriter, and producer. Dropped out of college.

48. Jay Van Andel, billionaire co-founder of Amway. Never attended college.

49. Jeffrey Kalmikoff, co-founder and chief creative officer of Threadless.com. Did not graduate from college.

50. Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo! Dropped out of PhD program.

51. Jimmy Dean, multimillionaire founder of Jimmy Dean Foods. Dropped out of high school at 16.

52. John D. Rockefeller Sr., billionaire founder of Standard Oil. Dropped out of high school just two months before graduating, though later took some courses at a local business school.

53. John Mackey, founder of Whole Foods. Enrolled and dropped out college six times.

54. John Paul DeJoria, billionaire co-founder of John Paul Mitchell Systems, founder of Patron Spirits tequilla. Joined the Navy after high school.

55. Joyce C. Hall, founder of Hallmark. Started selling greeting cards at the age of 18. Did not attend college.

56. Kemmons Wilson, multimillionaire, founder of Holiday Inn. High school dropout.

57. Kenneth Hendricks, billionaire founder of ABC Supply. High school dropout.

58. Kenny Johnson, founder of Dial-A-Waiter restaurant delivery. College dropout.

59. Kevin Rose, founder of Digg.com. Dropped out of college during his second year.

60. Kirk Kerkorian, billionaire investor, owner of Mandalay Bay and Mirage Resorts, and MGM movie studio. Dropped out eighth-grade.

61. Larry Ellison, billionaire co-founder of Oracle software company. Dropped out of two different colleges.

62. Leandro Rizzuto, billionaire founder of Conair. Dropped out of college. Started Conair with $100 and hot-air hair roller invention.

63. Leslie Wexner, billionaire founder of a Limited Brands. Dropped out of law school. Started the Limited with $5,000.

64. Marc Rich, commodities investor, billionaire. Founder of Marc Rich & Co. Did not finish college.

65. Marcus Loew, multimillionaire founder of Loews theaters, co-founder of MGM movie studio. Elementary school dropout.

66. Mark Ecko, founder of Mark Ecko Enterprises. Dropped out of college.

67. Mary Kay Ash, founder of Mary Kay Inc. Did not attend college.

68. Michael Dell, billionaire founder of Dell Computers, which started out of his college dorm room. Dropped out of college.

69. Michael Rubin, founder of Global Sports. Dropped out of college in his first year.

70. Micky Jagtiani, billionaire retailer, Landmark International. Dropped out of accounting school.

71. Milton Hershey, founder of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate. 4th grade education.

72. Pete Cashmore, founder of Mashable.com at the age of 19.

73. Philip Green, Topshop billionaire retail mogul. Dropped out of high school.

74. Rachael Ray, Food Network cooking show star, food industry entrepreneur, with no formal culinary arts training. Never attended college.

75. Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald’s. Dropped out of high school.

76. Richard Branson, billionaire founder of Virgin Records, Virgin Atlantic Airways, Virgin Mobile, and more. Dropped out of high school at 16.

77. Richard DeVos, co-founder of Amway. Served in the Army and did not attend college.

78. Richard Schulze, Best Buy founder. Did not attend college.

79. Rob Kalin, founder of Etsy. Flunked out of high school, enrolled in art school for a time, faked a student ID at MIT so he could take classes. His professors subsequently helped him get into NYU, they were so impressed.

80. Ron Popeil, multimillionaire founder of Ronco, inventor, producer, infomercial star. Did not finish college.

81. Rush Limbaugh, multi-millionaire media mogul, radio talk show host. Dropped out of college.

82. Russell Simmons, co-founder of Def Jam records, founder of Russell Simmons Music Group, Phat Farm fashions, bestselling author. Did not finish college.

83. S. Daniel Abraham, founder of Slim-Fast, billionaire. Did not attend college.

84. Sean John Combs, entertainer, producer, fashion designer, and entrepreneur. Never finished college.

85. Shawn Fanning, developer of Napster. Dropped out of college at the age of 19.

86. Simon Cowell, TV producer, music judge, American Idol, The X Factor, and Britain’s Got Talent. High school dropout.

87. Steve Madden, shoe designer. Dropped out of college.

88. Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, billionaire. Did not complete college.

89. Ted Murphy, founder of social media company Izea Entertainment. Dropped out of college.

90. Theodore Waitt, billionaire founder of Gateway Computers. Dropped out of college to start Gateway – one semester before graduating.

91. Thomas Edison, inventor of the lightbulb, phonograph, and more. Primarily home-schooled, then joined the railroad when he was only 12.

92. Tom Anderson, co-founder and “friend” of MySpace. Dropped out of high school.

93. Ty Warner, billionaire developer of Beanie Babies, real estate investor, and hotel owner. Dropped out of college.

94. Vidal Sassoon, founder of Vidal Sassoon, multimillionaire. Dropped out of high school.

95. W. Clement Stone, multimillionaire insurance man, author, founder of Success magazine. Dropped out of elementary school. Later attended high school, graduating. Attended but did not finish college.

96. W.T. Grant, founder of W.T. Grant department stores, multimillionaire. Dropped out of high school.

97. Wally “Famous” Amos, multimillionaire entrepreneur, author, talent agent, founder of Famous Amos cookies. Left high school at 17 to join the Air Force.

98. Walt Disney, founder of the Walt Disney Company. Dropped out of high school at 16.

99. Wolfgang Puck, chef, owner of 16 restaurants and 80 bistros. Quit school at the age of 14.

100. Y.C. Wang, billionaire founder of Formosa Plastics. Did not attend high school.

Paul Hudson [/b]
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by Joshuadon: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
50calibre:

DATS RIGHT, BUH PERSON FIT USE THE MONEY BUILD HOUSE OOOOOOO
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by tennyson10: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good and quality education doesn't come cheap. Let me use this school as an example. LOYOLA JESUIT Abuja. Students pay a whooping fee of 850000 naira annually. The school holds the record of the best wasce performance in West Africa for the past 8 years. Now let's move to jamb, some years back a student of the school set a record of the highest jamb score ever which was later broken by another student of the school(342) in 2011. Let's leave Nigeria now and move on, 6 students of the above school sat for American Scholastic aptitude test (SAT) and came out with a perfect score of 2400/2400. Now the question is how many of you low life niggas can break these records, except you have a . If you want the best education for your child then there's no crime investing millions in their education ,nothing good comes cheap.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ABAKA72(m): 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
50calibre:

Hungry man!! You're not Dangote, (most people cannot and will not be Dangote) Dangote's Uncle was once the richest man in west Africa, who is the richest person in your family history?

Stop consoling yourself for your substandard education & face reality, work hard so you can afford your kids the luxury your parents couldn't afford you.
my friend you don't have to insult someone to make your point. the guy made a valid point. if Dangote's uncle is rich what about GEJ, David Mark, Innoson, Arthur Eze, Emeka Offor, Obasanjo, Bill Gates etc. are their uncles rich too or do you think you are the only one that has brain.
Re: Six Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (alarming School Fees) by ABAKA72(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
hausadreturn: your point?
Fine, i attended a street school but yet i can access d internet, & still comment on issues on nairaland. Even if i didnt scale through other things with flying colours, this alone is a plus.
>
u just didnt comprehend well enough. Go & make some researches on some academic competitions held in Nigeria...these schools are not always there as winners - that is what i meant - lobatan
WORD!!! you just captured the essence of the whole thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Futminna 2012/2013 Aspirants, Lets Meet Here. / 2014/2015 UNIBEN Postgraduate Aspirants,lets Meet Here / Secondary School Girls Caught Twerking And Grinding On Male Students & Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.