Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ... (7857 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah And Wife Visit Ikpeazu (photo) / Ifeanyi Ubah's Mocked Coffin Carried By Ihiala People Over Mass Rigging / TAN Shuts Down Lagos For Jonathan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: don't pretend like you didn't see my response. Anyway....
read the article again

Those opinions lack slightest element of critical thinking, (sorry to use those words as they are not personally directed at your honourable self rather the description of those op-Ed you have been dishing out of recent)

First, you should try to convince the informed minds and not the gullible.

Then you should back up your articles with facts (legal proceedings, Government official gazette, correspondents, detailed Law enforcement briefings and outcomes etc and not these streets and court of public opinions driven by circumstances and political media publicity.

It's foolhardy to go about writing everyday for instance that US Military are War Criminals just like ISIL with your own definition of War Crimes.

We want Articles with verifiable references, official/legal pronouncements, quotes and briefings and not conjectures from web gossips.

9 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Those opinions lack slightest element of critical thinking, (sorry to use those words as they are not personally directed at your honourable self rather the description of those op-Ed you have been dishing out of recent)

First, you should try to convince the informed minds and not the gullible.

Then you should back up your articles with facts (legal proceedings, Government official gazette, correspondents, detailed Law enforcement briefings and outcomes etc and not these streets and court of public opinions driven by circumstances and political media publicity.

It's foolhardy to go about writing everyday for instance that US Military are War Criminals just like ISIL with your own definition of War Crimes.

We want Articles with verifiable references, official/legal pronouncements, quotes and briefings and not conjectures from web gossips.
You see one thing about me, I allow people embarrass themselves. I am waiting for someone to dispute the writeup and I will supply references. Ngwakwe, it is a shame for you to post what you just posted. You couldn't dispute the writeup which shows that you are aware (that is if you are informed). I am not making an allegation but bringing information that one could find through "Google". They are not secret document but are litered in the public space. I dnt av time to write long and boring articles!!! If u want to dispute, we can start from there.

4 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
soroptimist:

So says a discredited Charlatan of no repute.....you are looking for Official Government gazette for the indictment of people who are sponsors and benefactors of Jonathan
Ngwakwe's response is so pathetic to a fault. Imagine he was asking for official government gazette and court proceedings. That guy is a real case. He avoided the issue, he didn't dispute them but he is trying to play "smart". These are the kind of people you will find in pro-Jonathan camp.

4 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: Ngwakwe's response is so pathetic to a fault.

These are the kind of people you will find in pro-Jonathan camp.

Bros, I am in academic circle and wouldn't see junk as fact

3 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: It is a shame for you to post what you just posted. You couldn't dispute the writeup which shows that you are aware (that is if you are informed).

You want me to dive into a business venture and the fallout with those inconclusive reports from Farouk or whoever (I'm not excusing Capital Oil either)

Had Ifeanyi Uba who is a different entity by the way from Capital Oil (a fore-going concern) not been in Oil Business but had connived with politicians to receive the purchase orders then your opinions would have made sense so far.

I remember the hardship Nigerians faced when Capital Oil went on strike during Uba and Maduka's legal tussle.

Capital Oil is a legitimate cooperate business and should be approached from that angle.

3 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You want me to dive into a business venture and the fallout with those inconclusive reports from Farouk or whoever (I'm not excusing Capital Oil either)

Had Ifeanyi Uba who is a different entity by the way from Capital Oil (a fore-going concern) not been in Oil Business but had connived with politicians to receive the purchase orders then your opinions would have made sense so far.

I remember the hardship Nigerians faced when Capital Oil went on strike during Uba and Maduka's legal tussle.

Capital Oil is a legitimate cooperate business and should be approached from that angle.
Who did the Police Arrest for fraud? You want to absolve the Founder and MD of Capital Oil Ifeanyi Ubah from the shady deals/fraud of his Company Capital Oil? I see..... That means Benard Maddof deserve an apology for jailing him for the crimes of his "company". Oh ngwakwe, how low can you sink?

3 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: Who did the Police Arrest for fraud? You want to absolve the Founder and MD of Capital Oil Ifeanyi Ubah from the shady deals/fraud of his Company Capital Oil? I see..... That means Benard Maddof deserve an apology for jailing him for the crimes of his "company". Oh ngwakwe, how low can you sink?

So that dude hid my comment....while i stepped away momentarily

Infact this world is a funny place.....

3 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: Who did the Police Arrest for fraud? You want to absolve the Founder and MD of Capital Oil Ifeanyi Ubah from the shady deals/fraud of his Company Capital Oil? I see..... That means Benard Maddof deserve an apology for jailing him for the crimes of his "company". Oh ngwakwe, how low can you sink?

The case is still an allegation my friend and nothing more than that for now. There are no new reports from the case at the moment seeing that he (Ifeanyi Uba) was a contestant in the recent Anambra gubernatorial election where no candidate used this your so-called allegation against him during the debates.

Ask yourself why Nwoye, Ngige and Obiano refused to use it against him during the heated debates?

When you answer the above question then will you see where I am coming from.

6 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
soroptimist:

interesting. I dnt want to assume that he deliberately hide an harmless comment, but if he does its a big shame. Though that shdnt be enough reason to mute yu.

1 Like

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
soroptimist:

What has your reference to DLBC got to do with this debate?

Looking for an opportunity to attack Ngwakwe but found none for so long until now?

Face the debate.

2 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe, I want to assume that you are "sincere".. Now read this....

April 1, 2014
Alleged Fraud: Court Gives EFCC Nod To Arrest Ifeanyi Ubah

A suit filed by businessman and gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party in the Anambra governorship elections, Ifeanyi Ubah, seeking to restrain the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) from arresting him over an allegation of fraud, has been dismissed by a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.
Ubah had filed the suit challenging his impending arrest for alleged fraud, forgery, altering of forged documents, conspiracy to obtain money by false pretence and tax evasion.

Read further here http://www.informationng.com/2014/04/alleged-fraud-court-gives-efcc-nod-to-arrest-ifeanyi-ubah.html

4 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: Ngwakwe, I want to assume that you are "sincere".. Now read this....

April 1, 2014
Alleged Fraud: Court Gives EFCC Nod To Arrest Ifeanyi Ubah

A suit filed by businessman and gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party in the Anambra governorship elections, Ifeanyi Ubah, seeking to restrain the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) from arresting him over an allegation of fraud, has been dismissed by a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.
Ubah had filed the suit challenging his impending arrest for alleged fraud, forgery, altering of forged documents, conspiracy to obtain money by false pretence and tax evasion.

Read further here http://www.informationng.com/2014/04/alleged-fraud-court-gives-efcc-nod-to-arrest-ifeanyi-ubah.html

The above has nothing to do with the debate as I was expecting a court process and not a mere arrest and application for bail.

Todays Dailies has it that Uwazirike the MASSOB Leader got an injunction restraining the Police from arresting him should he fail to honour their invitation to answer for the death of four Nigerians in his office. You see these things are processes to either conviction or acquittal and not supposed to stand alone in discussions.

The reference you quoted above was even a preemptive move by Ifeanyi Ubah and not necessarily a move by EFCC seeing that he wasn't arrested afterwards notwithstanding that the judge throw away his prayers.

7 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
I don't understand your point Ngwakwe but see ....

[b]Ifeanyi Ubah, Capital Oil boss, put in detention for two weeks

The head of one of Nigeria’s largest indigenous oil marketing company, Ifeanyi Ubah, will be in police cell for the next two weeks based on the order of a Lagos Magistrate Court.
The Court, Thursday, ordered the Police Special Fraud Unit (SFU) to keep Mr. Ubah, the Chief Executive Officer of Capital Oil and Gas Limited, in police custody for two weeks. Mr. Ubah will however not be alone as he would be accompanied in the police cell by four of his employees based on the court order
The court said the reason is for the police to complete its investigation into a the N43 billion subsidy fraud levelled against Mr. Ubah and his company.
The operatives of the SFU had, earlier this week, arrested the Capital Oil and Gas boss and five members of his staff for interrogation, following the company’s indictment by the Aig-Imokuede led 15-member Presidential Panel constituted by President Goodluck Jonathan.
The committee, in which the Commissioner of Police, SFU, Tunde Ogunsakin, is a member; is charged with the verification and reconciliation of fuel subsidy payments.
The SFU said that they are investigating the suspects for “economic sabotage”, in addition to obtaining money under false pretences, money laundering and stealing the property of Nigeria.[/b]

Read more here https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/103375-ifeanyi-ubah-capital-oil-boss-put-in-detention-for-two-weeks.html

3 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe let me tell you that The Same FG indicted Ifeanyi Ubah

The Aig-Imokuede led 15-member Presidential Panel constituted by President Goodluck Jonathan indicted Ubah for defrauding the nation. You should stop being "cunny" pls

2 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: Ngwakwe let me tell you that The Same FG indicted Ifeanyi Ubah

The Aig-Imokuede led 15-member Presidential Panel constituted by President Goodluck Jonathan indicted Ubah for defrauding the nation. You should stop being "cunny" pls

It seems you think indictment is same as conviction and a committee same as a competent court with jurisdiction to hear a matter. That's by the way.

I don't know the system you employ to win a debate. Notwithstanding, let me clear some misconceptions from your defence of this article.

In your bid to backup your opinions with references you quoted an article written on April, 2014 that has nothing to do with fuel subsidy scam rather according to the article you quoted "The allegation was as a result of a lease agreement between Ubah and a firm, DTV Limited."

"Alleged Fraud: Court Gives EFCC Nod
To Arrest Ifeanyi Ubah
Apr 1st, 2014 @ 04:41 pm › daniel"

www.informationng.com/2014/04/alleged-fraud-court-gives-efcc-nod-to-arrest-ifeanyi-ubah.html

Then after responding to your reference, you then brought up a two years old article written by premiumtimesng as a defence for April 1, 2014 dispute with DTV.

Ifeanyi Uba was arrested and discharged from detention after EFCC had concluded their investigation more than two years ago according to your second reference and that was far before he contested for Governorship Election where no intelligent contestant raised the issue because it wasn't a valid argument.

I want you to give us information on why you think he will be convicted for corruption rather than acquitted.

5 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe and barnicasta very intelligent dudes. I am enjoying your debate.

1 Like

Re: ... by Beaf1: 5:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
SeaGold: Ngwakwe and barnicasta very intelligent dudes. I am enjoying your debate.

They are both intelligent. One is revealing to us how corrupt and shameless our Commander-in-chief is while the other is trying fruitlessly to proof otherwise grin

Barcanista, thanks.

5 Likes

Re: ... by sartorius(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
Gej cabinet has some good economic players, however he leads the most corrupt government. Nigerians let's apply wisdom. A credible and acceptable candidate would defeat him in a free and fair election, not buhari. But he would loose nw and ne, win ss.and.se, we and nc as battleground states, he wud loose if a credible candidate is found.

1 Like

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Nuhu Ribadu was removed from his position
in December 2007 after a commission
arrested and indicted him on corruption charges

President Goodluck Jonathan vacated the indictment and restored his ranks.

He contested for President in 2011 because we wasn't convicted of corruption as alleged by the commission though he wasn't tried by the Court.

5 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe stop beating the bush!!! His case is NOT closed but like other Pro-GEJ bigwigs his case is very slow. Remember, the SFU Commissioner that was handling the case Tunde Ogunsakin has been redeployed. No Court of Competent jurisdiction has cleared him nor acquitted him. A sincere government will make his conviction speedy rather than have him as a chief campaigner of the President. Mr. Man, your attemptted defence is dead on arrival. Go read the original article.
Your man Ifeanyi Ubah had been trying all he can to evade prosecution in February 2013, he went to a FedÉral High court to get "restraining order" (which he paraded as clearance) and was awarded by Justice Aneke because Ubah was not allowed to have his input on the allegations against him and not because he was innocent http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/court-quashes-fraud-charges-against-ubah/ . The police abandoned the case(probably on orders from above)

March 20013, he Debt Management Office (DMO) has petitioned the Police Special Fraud Unit (SFU) to reopen the case because the fraud was too much. The police REFUSED to act (Probably based on orders from above)
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/subsidy-fraud-dmo-wants-case-reopened-against-ubah/144317/

April 28 2013, Federal High Court Judge Justice Olusumbo Goodluck gave EFCC the go-ahead with the case after setting aside the ruling of Justice Aneke. The EFCC arrested Ubah and his employees

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/efcc-arrests-ifeanyi-ubah-over-alleged-n43-291b-fuel-subsidy-scam/

You see d dynamics of his back and forth tactics? Is it not the same FG through the Attorney General that will expedite his prosecution?

4 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
Beaf1:

They are both intelligent. One is revealing to us how corrupt and shameless our Commander-in-chief is while the other is trying fruitlessly to proof otherwise grin

Barcanista, thanks.
funny thing about Ngwakwe is he thinks he can rig-ma-roll his way. He even said Ubah was "Cleared" when in truth Ubah's case file is still fresh on EFCC table. President Jonathan is presiding over a government of fraud and deceit. He's spreading propaganda through his Fraudulent friend in TAN, they even charged their e-soldiers to occupy social network. We are waiting for them

2 Likes

Re: ... by suwailad(f): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: We All Are Familiar With This

Register and become the transformation Ambassador of Nigeria.Remember there are lots of benefits as a member.Just click on d link and register,is as asy as ABC. http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=27404
The Benefits of being a One Star TAN Ambassador are enormous.
You have access to firsthand TAN activities.
You have access to offers and opportunities which include travelling , training , Job opportunities etc.
N10,000.00 logistics money.
You become a ward coordinator and may rise to a State coordinator.
You represent your ward in a national meeting of TAN Ambassadors.
..................................................................................
TAN is founded/Coordinated by a Jonathan Ally Mr. Ifeanyi Ubah

Ifeanyi Ubah was accused to have SCAMMED the country of N60b Kerosene Subsidy Scam in 2012.The Federal Government through the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) gave Ifeanyi Uba 60 days to pay back N5 Billion being rogue proceeds he made from Kerosene subsidy or risk arrest and prosecution (What a benevolent Govt).
In 2013, The Special Fraud Unit (SFU) of the Nigeria Police arrested Mr. Ifeanyi Uba, for his alleged involvement in the fuel subsidy fraud, running into N22.4 billion. Ifeanyi Ubah has neither been cleared of his charges nor convicted. This Same man is going about telling Nigerians to reelect Jonathan in 2015.

What a country! hmmmm good work Barca

3 Likes

Re: ... by nigerianvenom(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
Sincere9gerian: @OP..,dis kind job wey Tinubu give you na wah ooo. Well done sha!

tinubu de try for am na.why wont he exhibit his character

3 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2014
suwailad:

What a country! hmmmm good work Barca
Nigeria is governd by a deceitful government. Imagine a National THIEF leading the Campaign of the President. This is an indication that the thieves are at home with the government

2 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: Ngwakwe stop beating the bush!!! His case is NOT closed but like other Pro-GEJ bigwigs his case is very slow. Remember, the SFU Commissioner that was handling the case Tunde Ogunsakin has been redeployed. No Court of Competent jurisdiction has cleared him nor acquitted him. A sincere government will make his conviction speedy rather than have him as a chief campaigner of the President. Mr. Man, your attemptted defence is dead on arrival. Go read the original article.
Your man Ifeanyi Ubah had been trying all he can to evade prosecution in February 2013, he went to a FedÉral High court to get "restraining order" (which he paraded as clearance) and was awarded by Justice Aneke because Ubah was not allowed to have his input on the allegations against him and not because he was innocent http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/court-quashes-fraud-charges-against-ubah/ . The police abandoned the case(probably on orders from above)

March 20013, he Debt Management Office (DMO) has petitioned the Police Special Fraud Unit (SFU) to reopen the case because the fraud was too much. The police REFUSED to act (Probably based on orders from above)
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/subsidy-fraud-dmo-wants-case-reopened-against-ubah/144317/

April 28 2013, Federal High Court Judge Justice Olusumbo Goodluck gave EFCC the go-ahead with the case after setting aside the ruling of Justice Aneke. The EFCC arrested Ubah and his employees

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/efcc-arrests-ifeanyi-ubah-over-alleged-n43-291b-fuel-subsidy-scam/

You see d dynamics of his back and forth tactics? Is it not the same FG through the Attorney General that will expedite his prosecution?

Ifeanyi Ubah has not been convicted of corruption - FACT

Why are you not using Nuhu Ribadu's indictment against GEJ?

You are free to hold an opinion on anything and against anyone but that doesn't make them facts and admissible in court of law hence you don't have the right to condemn anyone based on your assumptions and that of social media.

In USA few years ago, George Zimmerman was acquitted of Murder in the death of Trayvon Martin notwithstanding his conviction in the Court of public opinion. Civil Right Movements are not happy and
Obama administration through DOJ had no option than to engage in fruitless investigation of the judgement to no avail.

Your effort of recent against GEJ re-election bid has incorporated campaign of calumny against any of his supporters.

Demonisng GEJ's supporters can't turn his admirers against him rather make them his disciples

5 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: funny thing about Ngwakwe is he thinks he can rig-ma-roll his way. He even said Ubah was "Cleared" when in truth Ubah's case file is still fresh on EFCC table. President Jonathan is presiding over a government of fraud and deceit. He's spreading propaganda through his Fraudulent friend in TAN, they even charged their e-soldiers to occupy social network. We are waiting for them

Why are you lying against Ngwakwe in a broad daylight? Where did I say Ifeanyi Uba has been acquitted?

Ifeanyi Uba has not been convicted - FACT

6 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: cc: Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, sincere9gerian, firefire, mynd44, descartes, egift, arewafederation, anago9000, anago900, bigass, donphilopus, BEREM, desola , demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , sweetlemon , lakpalakpa, omenka and all tribaleast
Yep,da junkyards now..
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Why are you lying against Ngwakwe in a broad daylight? Where did I say Ifeanyi Uba has been acquitted?

Ifeanyi Uba has not been convicted - FACT
Fact: he has not been acquitted. A sincere govt will try him and see that the case is decided rather than hobnob with him and shield him from justice. No wonder the Hon Speaker of House of Reps said... Jonathan's body language supports corruption
Do Ubah have any moral ground to tell Nigerians who to vote for considering his indictment that is still hanging?

6 Likes

Re: ... by omenka(m): 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
Yeah!! We back up! Nice job on the other thread progressives!!! Thanks OAM4J!

They can only try to put us down, but success is what they will never achieve in that quest!!

2 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista:
Fact: he has not been acquitted. A sincere govt will try him and see that the case is decided rather than hobnob with him and shield him from justice. No wonder the Hon Speaker of House of Reps said... Jonathan's body language supports corruption
Do Ubah have any moral ground to tell Nigerians who to vote for considering his indictment that is still hanging?

Indictment of Ribadu? How far?

Has Farouk been acquitted or is Jonathan still responsible? Why is Farouk still participating in Legislations for Nigerians?

When Bode George was convicted it was the Judiciary and not FG.

Look for another legitimate story to abuse Jonathan's supporters, this one is dead on arrival.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo: PDP Crisis Deepens As Court Panel Withdraws / Real Fulani By Photos / Council Of Elders Of Indigenous People Of Biafra --last Night Broadcast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.