Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria (1451 Views)

Nigerians Should Be Grateful That I'm Their President-president Buhari / Hillary Clinton's Potential Female Vice President? / Breaking News: Nigeria Gets Vice President: President Goodluck Jonathan Appoints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2014
Tolexander: you didn't get my post right.

I asked if male chauvinsm is the reason why the scandals which the females are trapped in are always being 'strongly' exposed by men. Stella Oduah and Foluke Etteh are examples.
My Friend what are you saying? A thief is a thief whether male chauvism or not. Bode George was jailed, Alamco was jailed, tafa balogun, Fabian Osuji(Then Minister), Adophus Wabara(then Senate President), Salusi Buhari was disgraced out of office as Reps Speaker, James Ibori, Lucky Igbenedion etc are not females. Your attempt to play "emotional" card is pitiable to say the least. Whoever steal irrespective of the gender, tribe or religion should be exposed to the latter and not "A stole so why shouting for what B stole" which has become a manner for ethnic politicians and their followerrs. Stealer Odua et al still has case to answer whether the govt in power prosecute them or not. Everybody is free by law to run for office but giving preference in the name of gender or tribe can only happen in a gorila society which the PDP led government is trying to hard to foist on us.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf: we had a Dep. Gov Virgina Etiaba of Anambra State who succEeded her boss Peter Obi after his illegal impeachmentand started sharing the state resources to government officials at will. She was nicknamed "Mother Chrismas".
this hasn't proven the efficiency of male deputy over the female deputy. Before Etiaba 'reluctantly' became the governor. She had the record of being loyal to Peter Obi. When made the governor, no scandal was recorded of her. Dishing out money like father Xmas hadn't made her worse than her male counterparts as a governor, considering the nigerian political settings.

Bros a Vice/Deputy is supposed to be in same class with the Principal interms of service and governance. That we had a slowpoke in 2007 (Jonathan) as vice and our present redundant dimwit of a VP. Sambo does not mean that VP position is not for the smart and intelligent. Whoever wants to occupy a office should sell his/herself without bringing d gender card. I will NOT vote any candidate in the name of gender, ethnic, tribal or religious parameters. Your antecedents and blueprint should determine 4 you.
The gender card is a Misplaced Priority.

#barcanista
of all the female deputy governors existing/existed in Nigeria, you've not succeeded in discrediting the fact that females are not a worse running mates in this office.

I see no reason why females vying for any post in Nigerian politics shouldn't be considered if they've got the potential and good antecedence. Unlike the first post of yours where you cited some female office holders to justify the reason not to consider them for elective posts.
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf: My Friend what are you saying? A thief is a thief whether male chauvism or not. Bode George was jailed, Alamco was jailed, tafa balogun, Fabian Osuji(Then Minister), Adophus Wabara(then Senate President), Salusi Buhari was disgraced out of office as Reps Speaker, James Ibori, Lucky Igbenedion etc are not females. Your attempt to play "emotional" card is pitiable to say the least. Whoever steal irrespective of the gender, tribe or religion should be exposed to the latter and not "A stole so why shouting for what B stole" which has become a manner for ethnic politicians and their followerrs. Stealer Odua et al still has case to answer whether the govt in power prosecute them or not. Everybody is free by law to run for office but giving preference in the name of gender or tribe can only happen in a gorila society which the PDP led government is trying to hard to foist on us.
since you know a thief is a thief no matter the gender, why would you cite examples of female scandals and leaving the good ones as if they are all bad?

Moreover, this is the topic:
When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/ president In Nigeria

the OP made it clear in the content, why aren't we having our women coming out to contest the offices! Not that, are females good office holders or bad office holders!

1 Like

Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Tolexander: this hasn't proven the efficiency of male deputy over the female deputy. Before Etiaba 'reluctantly' became the governor. She had the record of being loyal to Peter Obi. When made the governor, no scandal was recorded of her. Dishing out money like father Xmas hadn't made her worse than her male counterparts as a governor, considering the nigerian political settings.

of all the female deputy governors existing/existed in Nigeria, you've not succeeded in discrediting the fact that females are not a worse running mates in this office.

I see no reason why females vying for any post in Nigerian politics shouldn't be considered if they've got the potential and good antecedence. Unlike the first post of yours where you cited some female office holders to justify the reason not to consider them for elective posts.

barcanista: We had female Speaker Patricia Etteh, she lavished N600m for house renovation
We had a Female Minister Princess Stealer Odua that lavished N260m just for 2 cars.
We have a Female Petroleum Minister Dizieni Maduekwe that is engulfed with corruption scandals running into billions.
We have Female Finance Minister Okonjo Iwaela that is busy posting "imaginery" economic growth and figures.
We had a female First lady Turai Yar adua that held the country to ransome.
We have a Female SEC D-G Aruma Etteh that spent a whopping 80m just for hotel bills in 6months
Our problem is not gender politics. We need real leaders.
Op: Misplaced priority for you
whatlyf: we had a Dep. Gov Virgina Etiaba of Anambra State who succEeded her boss Peter Obi after his illegal impeachmentand started sharing the state resources to government officials at will. She was nicknamed "Mother Chrismas". Bros a Vice/Deputy is supposed to be in same class with the Principal interms of service and governance. That we had a slowpoke in 2007 (Jonathan) as vice and our present redundant dimwit of a VP. Sambo does not mean that VP position is not for the smart and intelligent. Whoever wants to occupy a office should sell his/herself without bringing d gender card. I will NOT vote any candidate in the name of gender, ethnic, tribal or religious parameters. Your antecedents and blueprint should determine 4 you.
The gender card is a Misplaced Priority.
#barcanista
whatlyf: My Friend what are you saying? A thief is a thief whether male chauvism or not. Bode George was jailed, Alamco was jailed, tafa balogun, Fabian Osuji(Then Minister), Adophus Wabara(then Senate President), Salusi Buhari was disgraced out of office as Reps Speaker, James Ibori, Lucky Igbenedion etc are not females. Your attempt to play "emotional" card is pitiable to say the least. Whoever steal irrespective of the gender, tribe or religion should be exposed to the latter and not "A stole so why shouting for what B stole" which has become a manner for ethnic politicians and their followerrs. Stealer Odua et al still has case to answer whether the govt in power prosecute them or not.Everybody is free by law to run for office but giving preference in the name of gender or tribe can only happen in a gorila society which the PDP led government is trying to hard to foist on us.
I am not here for childish argument. If these comment (especially the emboldened) do not satisfy you pls do not quote me or rather I won't respond to you.

Happy Sunday
Re: When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria by Tolexander: 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf:
I am not here for childish argument. If these comment (especially the emboldened) do not satisfy you pls do not quote me or rather I won't respond to you.

Happy Sunday
nobody is here wasting his time to debate on any NL member's choice but general issues. If you've got nothing to debate on a topic, stay away from it. No be by force.

Happy sunday!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Nigerian Military Dictator Babangida Hospitalized In Germany / Why Is This Thread In The Politics Section And On The FP While ... / 6 APC Members Decamp To PDP In Ekiti Before Fayose`s Inaguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.