Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. (50051 Views)

Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / African Migrants Abandon The American Dream / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Neldrizzy(m): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2014
Fresh and sweet autos!! My money they come very soon.. After returning from Malaysia i will surely get one of this
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Dreyl(m): 8:50am On Aug 25, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
LeggeDis Benz GL450 don kome out? shocked
na #450 rubba sandal dem gor take dey drive da one so cool
Lmao cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Freiburger(m): 8:52am On Aug 25, 2014
Sijo01: shocked shocked shocked chiaeeee, These fine fine motor wey dis small small shedren are driving, dia ris god o.
Which one be dia ris god o?
Dem thief your cars?
Abi na the one wey u suppose to drive dem carry dey drive?
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by ghettodreamz(m): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2014
hustla:

misplaced what?
poverty na bad thing oooooo

Sorry to disappoint you, I don't live with poverty, is a long forgotten friend and we are now sworn enemies like the two parallel lines that can never meet again.

Your comment and those of others attributing my comment to a poverty-provoked one, is an enough reason why we are lagging behind in this part of the continent, we focus more on frivolities of life, you make little money and you feel like being on top of the world, and before you know it, it's all gone and your back to square one.

Maybe it's because I am not a squanderer or because I have tasted the ugly side of life before, believe me- when you have tasted such life in the past, no one would advise you before you learn to live where your mouth is.

Anyways, I don't blame you or anyone, after all, it is all about OT (orientation)...

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Ahmeduana(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2014
ghettodreamz: Imagine spending 30-40Million Naira on just a car.
Complete madness and misplaced priority.
I DON'T BLAME THEM sha, .
THAT'S IS D POINT,U BLAME URSELF 4 NOT BEEN RICH BECAUSE IF U ARE RICH U WILL BUY A pin 4 1m$

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2014
LordMecuzy: Money Good.

Poverty Na Bastard
I dey tell u! I dey feel cold!
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Sijo01(f): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2014
Freiburger:
Which one be dia ris god o?
Dem thief your cars?
Abi na the one wey u suppose to drive dem carry dey drive?

Get a chill pill asap.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Flygerian1(m): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2014
*starts his AirBus Jet 500L. Speeds off and flies out of thread*
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by ghettodreamz(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2014
Ahmeduana:
THAT'S IS D POINT,U BLAME URSELF 4 NOT BEEN RICH BECAUSE IF U ARE RICH U WILL BUY A pin 4 1m$

How people live their life when they are in money is subjective, you just can't generalize it. So, your damn wrong thinking everyone else would behave the same way, just because they are rich and could afford themselves of anything even at such a silly and exorbitant price.

The bottom line is, one man's food, another man's poison.

See you at the top.
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by hustla(m): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Sorry to disappoint you, I don't live with poverty, is a long forgotten friend and we are now sworn enemies like the two parallel lines that can never meet again.

Your comment and those of others attributing my comment to a poverty-provoked one, is an enough reason why we are lagging behind in this part of the continent, we focus more on frivolities of life, you make little money and you feel like being on top of the world, and before you know it, it's all gone and your back to square one.

Maybe it's because I am not a squanderer or because I have tasted the ugly side of life before, believe me- when you have tasted such life in the past, no one would advise you before you learn to live where your mouth is.

Anyways, I don't blame you or anyone, after all, it is all about OT (orientation)...

Lol I'm actually trying to picture you having $400m and driving a tokunbo Gold 4 bought at 600k naira

We are talking millions, u r talking nonsense. So if your Dad can afford to give you a Masserati to school, you will prefer to drive Camry?

deceive yourself well o

4 Likes

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Ahmeduana(m): 9:01am On Aug 25, 2014
Sijo01: shocked shocked shocked chiaeeee, These fine fine motor wey dis small small shedren are driving, dia ris god o.
YOU SEE DEM? oribi tutu basi, ori owo olowo feyin ri pada THAT'S WOMEN FOR YOU THEY GET LONG THROAT

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by ghettodreamz(m): 9:01am On Aug 25, 2014
hustla: Lol I'm actually trying to picture you having $400m and driving a tokunbo Gold 4 bought at 600k naira

We are talking millions, u r talking nonsense. So if your Dad can afford to give you a Masserati to school, you will prefer to drive Camry?

deceive yourself well o

You are not getting my points here, are you? Anyways, let's forget we ever discuss about this here.

Wish you well.

See you at the top.
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Amya(f): 9:01am On Aug 25, 2014
ghettodreamz:

You're spot on with this. The people I pity most there are the Asians who work majorly in their construction/engineering field earning peanuts as wages/salary in return for a hard labour. Talk about being used, that's how it is. Most of those kids are going to school for the sake of it, and bulk of them don't have stuffs upstairs.

I really don't blame them. I guess almost everyone will do the same, when your parents are stinkingly rich, and there is so much to be inherited from them. What else are you looking for? That's just the scenario of what's happening over there.

All the kids have to is go to school, graduate with any result and they'll be fixed in top management position of companies of their choice. Then, they'll be given a high end car, standard condo and a check of $20,000 to start their life. This gifts is given to all of them as soon as they graduate from the university which is mostly at the age of 19,20 or 21.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by ghettodreamz(m): 9:07am On Aug 25, 2014
Amya:

All the kids have to is go to school, graduate with any result and they'll be fixed in top management position of companies of their choice. Then, they'll be given a high end car, standard condo and a check of $20,000 to start their life. This gifts is given to all of them as soon as they graduate from the university which is mostly at the age of 19,20 or 21.

Exactly, that's the point. Spoiled rotten kids, and the cycle goes thus. It's good to be rich and be able to afford such affluence or command some level of respect in the society. I, however, believe there are a lot of others things that could be done with such a great affluence rather than spending it extravagantly on a mere machine.

Anyways, it's their way of life, and they have rights to lead their lives whatever way as they deemed fit.
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by steeviee(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2014
One of the major strengths of UAE is their leadership. Their leaders are not gready; they are not self-centered people. They believe that the wealth of the nation is for all the citizens. Now, if you compare to what we have in this part of the world (Africa), you will see the glaring contrast. Whereby a leader here devotes majority of his/her time in amassing personal wealth at the detriment of the nation and the people he/she is supposed to serve.

I'm currently reading a book by AL Maktoum, the country's vice president (My Vision: Challenges in the Race for Excellence). He clearly stated that the difference between UAE and other Arab nations is bad leadership and myopic thinking. Which has limited their ability to thrive as a nation. He enjoined them to come forward and learn from UAE and forget unnecessary bigotry and religious fanatism which will not build a dynasty nor legacy.

I have also learnt that in Dubai, their vision is to remain a pioneering nation instead of the strife to beat competition or copy from them (follow follow as we call it here). We lack pioneering spirit as a country and in Africa as a whole. We spend most of our resources and time trying to emulate other nations. We cant think. We cant invent. Well that explain why we dont have any reasonable amount of patents registered since in the 90's. A country of 150million people.

7 Likes

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Amya(f): 9:17am On Aug 25, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Exactly, that's the point. Spoiled rotten kids, and the cycle goes thus. It's good to be rich and be able to afford such affluence or command some level of respect in the society. I, however, believe there are a lot of others things that could be done with such a great affluence rather than spending it extravagantly on a mere machine.

Anyways, it's their way of life, and they have rights to lead their lives whatever way as they deemed fit.

I get your point. I think though the country encourages such lifestyle as in a very way, that boosts their economy. Such wealth and lavishness is the very core of their tourism policy. So the cars, the tigers and the extreme show of extravagance is all just a media ploy. I've been there before, and this high end cars you see as cars rocked by kids in dubai all over the internet isn't that way in real life. what you see is mostly nice SUV's and sedans. The Ferraris and lamboginis you only see once in a while.

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by ghettodreamz(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2014
Neldrizzy: Fresh and sweet autos!! My money they come very soon.. After returning from Malaysia i will surely get one of this

You make it lau lah, you spend it lau lah.

Ride on cheesy
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by omoadeleye(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2014
mehn dat GT car was my favourite car, I love wen riding it, cux I alws speed with that car, I ride the Volkswagen but not really fast than my GT, maybe wen I upgrade my Volkswagen engine ,but before then I will have to keep running more races so I can get enough credit to upgrade the engine. lolz
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Amya(f): 9:32am On Aug 25, 2014
steeviee: One of the major strengths of UAE is their leadership. Their leaders are not gready; they are not self-centered people. They believe that the wealth of the nation is for all the citizens. Now, if you compare to what we have in this part of the world (Africa), you will see the glaring contrast. Whereby a leader here devotes majority of his/her time in amassing personal wealth at the detriment of the nation and the people he/she is supposed to serve.

I'm currently reading a book by AL Maktoum, the country's vice president (My Vision: Challenges in the Race for Excellence). He clearly stated that the difference between UAE and other Arab nations is bad leadership and myopic thinking. Which has limited their ability to thrive as a nation. He enjoined them to come forward and learn from UAE and forget unnecessary bigotry and religious fanatism which will not build a dynasty nor legacy.

I have also learnt that in Dubai, their vision is to remain a pioneering nation instead of the strife to beat competition or copy from them (follow follow as we call it here). We lack pioneering spirit as a country and in Africa as a whole. We spend most of our resources and time trying to emulate other nations. We cant think. We cant invent. Well that explain why we dont have any reasonable amount of patents registered since in the 90's. A country of 150million people.

Actually, the entire UAE is just 6 million people. Out of this 6 million, 1.5 are emiratis (people of Arab ancestry) and half of these people are real indigenes who could trace their ancestors a little far back in that country. These are the people that enjoy most of the country's wealth. They aren't so much and their oil money would go round amongst themselves. Another thing they do is that immigrants can never rise the ranks in their respective jobs as they reserve the job for their barely out of school indigenes. plus the immigrants are paid peanut wages, while they keep the bulk money for themselves. They mainly just use people.
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Herrmes: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2014
Nice cars, but is there a recent campaign on the front page for people to see the extravagant life of people there, lame and disappointing
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Mblingz(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2014
Padipadi:
Atimes, I wonder whether I miss road to waka come this country.
boi u gat funny menh, take a shortcut 2 miami nah, jst pass Sambisa wit liberia

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2014
don't tell me there are no poor in the land
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2014
PapaBrowne: Every walked the new Jumeriah Beach Walk at night? On that street is the most amazing collection of super cars I have seen ride on a 1 km stretch at one go. Dubai is crazy. The display of ostentation wealth is beyond reality.

Interestingly, and this is one solace, the music ooozing out of many of those Lamboghinis, Feraris and Maseratis are the likes of Psquare, Davido, Dbanj, WizKid and the like. I feel a sense of patroitic pride anytime I hear our music been played out in Foreign Lands. But I have been amazed at the frequency I hear them played out of those supercars by them moneyed arab kids. I wonder what the attraction to Nigerian music is.

Agreed with all you said. I met one Lebanese guy in Dubai Mall late last year and I was surprised he was playing p-square.

Been to this campus, anyway. It's in academic city, outskirt of Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Genea(f): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2014
agrovick:
av got a supersensitive radar. Morning dear
mmmmmmm sighting of life
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Ignatio(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Dubai intimidating us since Arabian nights.
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by FLYFIRE(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2014
Atmmachine: In Olamide's voice "Story For The gods"

No be thier papa money dem dey squander ?

God punish GEJ grin grin grin grin grin
YOU ARE SUCH A PATHETIC I.DIOT. YOU ARE HERE
ABUSING YOUR FATHER WHILE GEJ IS BUSY UNLOCKING THE SHACKLES OF POVERTY YOUR SLAVE MASTERS YOKED ON YOUR GENERATION.
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2014
Once it's not my Honda Evil spirit, I ain't buying it.
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by streetzdreamz(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2014

I don't blame them sha, when the money is too much and you have nothing tangible to do with it.
there is no better way to xpress it.
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by mediachirps(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2014

I don't blame them sha, when the money is too much and you have nothing tangible to do with it.
what else could you possibly do with money?
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2014

talk about penny wise, pound foolish................
they could have give their money to me, as i have better uses for it grin
Re: Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. by Padipadi(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2014
Mblingz: boi u gat funny menh, take a shortcut 2 miami nah, jst pass Sambisa wit liberia
lol.
Sambisa is part of Nigeria. Going there is like jumping from fry pan to fire.
Liberia get Ebola pass Nigeria.

Last Bullet

Wish me better places abeg!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Visa Free Countries / Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) / Dangote Truck And Bus Collide In Plateau, Many Dead (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.