Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? (13485 Views)

Are 'V6' Engines Stronger/More Durable Than I4 (4 Cylinder) Engines? / Diff. Btw. Toyota Camry 6 Cylinder & 4 Cylinder / 4-cylinder Engine Vs 6-cylinder Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by igwe11(m): 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2008
NL help us  state  the dissimilarity between 4 and 6cylinder engines  in fuel consumption and  efficiency.
Re: Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by igwe11(m): 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2008
Just found this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-109043.32.html#msg1956662

you can also drop your contribution.

cool
thanks
Re: Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by layifioren(m): 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2008
igwe 1:

please  NL members i want to know  dissimilarity between 4 and 6cylinder engines  in fuel consumption and  efficiency.

4 cylinder vehicles generally use lesser gas than the  6 cylinders. When you see stuff like 1.5 L on the engine specs, it's talking about the size of the engine. The smaller the size the more efficient the gas should be. Most 4 cylinders don't have more than 2.4L engines and 6 cylinders have engine sizes in the 3Ls and up. HOwever, you are trading Horse power (HP) for fuel efficiency. In a lame man's language a horse power is like the power or ability of an engine to pull load and "giddy up". This link below would do better justice in explaining this.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/horsepower.htm
Re: Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by igwe11(m): 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2008
Thanks for your response.
from your above explanation i can deduce that 4 cyl engine uses lesser fuel as against the 6cyl engine but  reverse is the case for the energy dissipation per sec (wattage).
Pls how does this affect the speed of the car if the gear system is the same for both?
Re: Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by igwe11(m): 2:04am On Oct 24, 2008
[size=14pt]solely for automobile people [/size]:

please,

we need your knowledge on each engine model.

The advantages and disadvantages of  each model over the previous model.

Your contribution is highly welcome.
Re: Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by igwe11(m): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2008
why must we buy your ride?

Say it LOUD!!!!!
Re: Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by igwe11(m): 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2008
@ buzy body

You can't just be raiding auto section with those your idle posts without dropping your own quota here.

What do you know about Auto mobile engines?
Re: Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by Busybody2(f): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2008
igwe 1:

@ buzy body

You can't just be raiding auto section with those [b]your idle posts without dropping your own quota here.

What do you know about Auto mobile engines?[/b]

Shuo, Mr Fair-and-Consistency, which one you dey, weren't you the one telling me off for "attacking" Ziontrain, a minute ago grin

Hmmn, what do I know about automobile engine, the bigger the engine size, the higher the insurance you have to pay. Please don't put me on the spotlight and ask me why o. I don't want to rack my brains today. I am in a good mood due to celebrating Ziontrain's remarkable feat cheesy

Here's a link I found, would have read through it, but as usual, there are some people behaving like lipsrsealed

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-109043.0.html

I would read it later, but only for the slanging match and to find out who won the war of words grin
Re: Difference Between 4 And 6 Cylinder Engines? by igwe11(m): 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2008
Busy_body:

Shuo, Mr Fair-and-Consistency, which one you dey, weren't you the one telling me off for "attacking" Ziontrain, a minute ago grin

Hmmn, what do I know about automobile engine, the bigger the engine size, the higher the insurance you have to pay. Please don't put me on the spotlight and ask me why o. I don't want to rack my brains today. I am in a good mood due to celebrating Ziontrain's remarkable feat cheesy
javascript:void(0);
Here's a link I found, would have read through it, but as usual, there are some people behaving like lipsrsealed

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-109043.0.html

I would read it later, but only for the slanging match and to find out who won the war of words grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I trust you naaa

Thanks for your intelligent contribution

I have gone there but now i know that this site is more than smthing else.Its interesting place for everybody sha.
chei , na big argument them do there  !!!!!!

I will appreciate if you can Summarize the whole thing for me ,

(1) (Reply)

Honda Pilot Displays Vtm-4 / 2010 Volkswagen Touareg Vs 2010 BMW X5. / Drive To Nigeria From The Uk / Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.