Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,353 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:07 AM

Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? (3029 Views)

UK Starts New Application System On December 16, 2013 / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by bolt: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2008
hello I'm new to naira land all the posts have been very enlightening!!!i will be grateful for advice and opinions from the experts in the house!! I was refused a uk student visa in september 2008 basically because the names on my passort is different from what is on my credentials: my passport has my full names but my credentials have my short names.i applied for a visitors visa as a student in 2006 was granted 6 months i traveled to the uk and returned before the visa expired.

my question is do i get a new passport containing all my names or reapply refering them to my previous visa application with the supporting documents that i used for my visitors application??

prompt response will be greatly appreciated as i intend to reapply for january 2009 admission for a universitiy in the uk!!!
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by megastu(m): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2008
Reapply. If you use a new passport, you are going back to square one. If possible, do an affidavit that it is one and the same person. You cab even do a newspaper publication.
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by bolt: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
thank for your prompt response

the issue is that i am considering making a new passport refelcting all the names but a friend who used to work at the uk embassy advised me against the new passporrt that it will be seen as fraud since they have already stamped the current one that i should write a letter expalining these facts in view of this i have done an affidavit notary public this is accepted anywhere in the world with an explanatory letter attached.

Kindly advice and the new application should i explain in detail the reasons for the first refusal or should the explanatory letter just state what my names are with the affidavit as to my identity?

in the alternative i have also applied to a university in south africa to resume in february 2009 which i will do a new passport but the effect is that i will not be able to travel to the uk due to the addition of names in the new passport as this may be seen that i have two passports which i am sure is illegal.

do you have any idea on the reaction of the ukembassy on this new pasport that will reflect all my names for aviodance of doubt as to my identity?

i would prefer if the uk embassy directs me to do a new passport to reflect all my names

comments/opinions will be highly appreciated from newcomers amd experts in the house

Thank you
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by mafiaguy: 4:26am On Oct 26, 2008
This is what i think you should do, Make an affidavits issuing out the problem and have it stamped.Get your credentials,if its waec, Go to their office,they would give u a direction to a records office,complain to them and have them write a letter addressing it to the embassy accompanied with your sworn affidavits.You should be placed on an appeal,submit all the documents and make sure u stick to ur old passport,thats the best, If an option of reapplying is given,send all your first documents,letters and all affidavits and every proof to ensure it was you and no one else, At the embassy atimes they just say whats not important and a useless excuse because they want u to come back, So best of luck and remember,be plain and honest,
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by bolt: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2008
thank you

do you advise i make a new passport for the new application or do i use the old passport i have done the affidavit
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by mafiaguy: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2008
Use the old passport, You know they have records as a result of the biostatistics they do, As in the finger prints,
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by c1(m): 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2008
hi, thanks for your contributions here on nairaland.I have almost same problem.Here it goes:

On my old passport, i had boil in one of my eyes,which reflected in my passport, making my passport a little questionable.
I experienced some problems when was about to board the plane in Nigeria, in which i was given a query by the visa official to report the second day at the embassy, my passport was collected, i think verified, which i went to collect the second day, meaning that i couldnt travel that day.

On getting to the uk, had little proms with the officials,again with the verification thing.In short i had problems with my face on the passport, NOT ON THE VISA.
My question is this:In orde to avoid repeated occurence,i have gotten the new E-passport which is okay.I want to reapply for a new visa, and i dont want to experience same thing.SHOULD I APPLY USING OLD PASSPORT OR NEW E-PASSPORT.
pls i need urgent response.

thank you
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by mafiaguy: 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
Oh i see, Has your old passport expired or visa expired?Its simple since u have a valid visa and traveled before.Tell the embassy or visa center about your problem,am sure they can issue a new visa on the E-passport.
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2008
To make it very clear to you, the Eco officer only specific about the name and not your passport . Having another passport is a criminal offence . The credential submitted bear different name to the name in your passport simply . Reapply and submit any vital document pointed out by you above to proof as the same person and make reference to your first trip as student visitor . Indeed the Eco might just want to tempt you by providing more supporting documents.
I am very sure that your visa is waiting for you if you follow normal procedure.
Re: Uk Visa Re Application New Passport For New Application Due To Names? by thezionite: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2014
Hello house,

Please i want to apply for a UK business visa, i have gone before but this time i did a change of name, my passport still reflects my old name but expires in April next year, all other documents also reflect my old name except my Salary account bank statement which reflects my new name. The question is do i get a new passport with the new name or do i just submit my personal statement along with my payslips which show the same name on my passport.

(1) (Reply)

Dana Air Concludes NCAA Re-certification, Assures Of Additional Flights / Nigerians In Saskatchewan,canada / Victoria Island Is A Local Government Area In Lagos Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.