Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:51 AM

Catholic Priests That Changed The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests That Changed The World (39465 Views)

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra / Top Ten Miraculous Catholic Priests In Nigeria / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 8:01am On Aug 24, 2014
Not just through theology but also
science and philosophy. This list takes a look at ten
priests who made significant discoveries or in other ways
changed the way we think, the way we live, or the way
we believe. Ranking these religious men is very difficult
and it is impossible to place one above the
other. This is by no means to be considered a “top 10″
list as there are certainly many more equally great
religious from history to choose from.

1) FATHER GREGOR MENDEL:A pioneer in the field of genetics. He produced hybrid bees that where so ferocious they had to be destroyed. Even though an ordained catholic priest, the catholic church never fully supported his work in fact after his death his science papers were burnt by his abbot. His last words were: MY TIME WILL COME

41 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 8:10am On Aug 24, 2014
2) FATHER GEORGES LEMAITRE : This jesuit priest prove to us that religeon and science can go together. He is the father of the BIG BANG THEORY, and the propounder of HUBBLES LAW after reading his paper einstein remarked: your calculations are good but your physics is abominable

17 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2014
3) THOMAS AQUINAS: Atheists will definitely know this guy, this guy defied his family to join the DOMINICAN ORDER his SUMMA THEOLOGICA is still used in the seminary till date. He is the PATRON SAINTS OF STUDENTS. his family once locked him in a tower, sent in a prostitute just to prevent him from being a priestgrin

57 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2014
4) NICHOLAS COPERNICUS : There is some doubt as to whether Copernicus
eventually became a priest as we only have evidence
that he took minor orders (the first stages of the
priesthood) but his fame, and the possibility that he was
ultimately ordained – make him a worthwhile addition.

He pointed the fact that the sun not the earth was the centre of solar system, he delayed publication of his book for fear of persecution for a guy who had no bachelors degree, lost his parents at 10 the father of modern astronomy deserves a mention here.

13 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 8:42am On Aug 24, 2014
5) SAINT IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA: St Ignatius has an
entry here because he was the founder of the Jesuits
Since their founder, this order of educator priests have
been given credit for “the single most important
contributor to experimental physics in the seventeenth
century.” They also “contributed to the development of
pendulum clocks, pantographs, barometers, reflecting
telescopes and microscopes, to scientific fields as various
as magnetism, optics and electricity. They observed, in

26 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2014
So far guys what do you think? Do you have any one u feel should make this list?

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by korel9: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2014
If they all spent their Sundays on nairaland like you they won't have made it this far grin

Wait

Is this FTC things? chikichaka I told you I will make it soon. grin
I guess you've ran out of mb grin

27 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by borlarge(m): 8:59am On Aug 24, 2014
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by NaLaugh: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2014
Seargent copy and paste. Weldone o!

6 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Emmalot121(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2014
I have asked this question and I will ask it again do the catholic belief Jesus is the child of Mary or Mary is the child of Jesus,if its the former,then its too bad.I also belief Mary is not as holy as to give birth to the one as Holy as the son of God,I would only tag her as the luckiest of women. angry sad

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Korrection(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2014
Let me think....

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by persie98: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2014
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by invisikay: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2014
Martin Luther the Reformist

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Sermwell(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2014
Its all lies!!
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by frodobee: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2014
Is it limited to sciences? Can we add humanities?
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by uzolexis(f): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2014
St Gregory, he invented the Gregorian calendar which is widely used today to count the days and months of the year

43 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by gbaskiboy: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2014
Christ leaves model for us and we need to follow his steps closely

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by EyesWideOpen(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2014
That Mendel bastard! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by ElekeNtioba: 9:03am On Aug 24, 2014
notin dey to talk.
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by ayusco85(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Bluewater86: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Lies. Lieeeeeeees
[img]http:///3z8[/img][img]http:///3z9[/img]

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Sermwell: Its all lies!!
Oya tell us the truth na! Mtscheeeew!! undecided

Proudly Catholic for life! cool

68 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by onihaxy: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Ok oo

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by carbony4red(m): 9:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Story Story...................Story
Once upon a tym..........tym
dia was a man...........................................

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2014
korel9: If they all spent their Sundays on nairaland like you they won't have made it this far grin

Funny guy u nkocheesy

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2014
all i knw is dat xtainity is a scam

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:06am On Aug 24, 2014
frodobee: Is it limited to sciences? Can we add humanities?

My broda you are free to add
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Smily202(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2014
They are humans. ... So nothing more
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by invisikay: 9:07am On Aug 24, 2014
korel9: If they all spent their Sundays on nairaland like you they won't have made it this far grin
The priests prove that religion and science can go together and we are proving to you that nairaland and church can go together

15 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by QAPHAYNE: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2014
berem: Oya tell us the truth na! Mtscheeeew!! undecided

Proudly Catholic for life! cool

May u find favour in unexpected places my pal. I researched before posting this things, any one is free to criticise sha.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by Thebrightest(m): 9:08am On Aug 24, 2014
H
Re: Catholic Priests That Changed The World by frodobee: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2014
A. Manenti and A. Cencini both professors of psychology and psychoanalysis. Both authored 'psychology and self formation' and many other works.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye Driving The Husband Pastor Adeboye In A Throwback Photo / 2022 Prophecies By Dr. D.K Olukoya (Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries) / 10 Categories Of Jobs That Deplete People's Chances Of Making Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.