Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,463 members, 7,801,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences (39498 Views)

20 Of The Most Influential Images Of All Time / 20 Most Amazing Coincidences!!!! / 5 Creepy Coincidences You Won't Believe Actually Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by faithboi: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
davidif: Once in a while one runs into something worth reading on nairaland.

Great post Mr. OP.
...thanks...
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by faithboi: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
nickz: WoW!! the only coincidence i need now is billgates mistaken his sons account number for MINE
lol
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by wizard007(m): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
ewizard1: I believe some of these stories... because,

I sometimes see a scene I once saw in a dream. Sometimes, tho I neva know what happens next. But when it happens, I'll remember I saw it in that dream.

This is true !!!

this is some co-incidence happening on this thread, my username and this posters` are almost the same and what he just posted also happens to me just the same way, who knows how many more mystery that we are yet to unravel because we never knew each other grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
I had the exact same dream with my brother the same night. No difference whatsoever. This has happened twice so far, once as kids, and once grown up.

Around 2005/2006, I once turned on the tv to watch "who wants to be a millionaire" only for me to see myself on the hot seat...literally. i kept on watching the guy who not only looked like me all through, but had my mannerisms and gesticulations. He also wore fancy glasses like I had at the time, the exact same and my family just coulnt believe the coincidence. Only he was from a different tribe. The resemblance still shocks me till date

2 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by tope24(m): 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
wildcatter23:

you both love banana, hope you feed her your banana three times a day based on the doctors prescription

grin grin grin grin aswear you no well
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by faithboi: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
Rexxie: amazing piece....Ziegland of #3 is certainly one hella unlucky lucky fella and hey #8 is definately gud for some hollywood and chinesse ''u kill my father'' movie..
Op,wish u wud post more
...tanks....if my research leads me to more interesting stuffs,I'd gladly post...

Valfrankie: Absolutely incredible!!! Nice one OP... That no.1 though :x ..
....tanks....and that number one is just it...lol

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by MoneyGreen(m): 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
Genea: I enjoyed masef reading dis
me sef.. I laughed..

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
@op, i v read most of dz bf from www.cracked.com, america's biggest comedy website.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by eljanfortis(m): 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
I av always been a passer-by but this post is totally amazing,the #1 coincidence ehn dat car was manufactured by devil ooo,and i also think that italian king should have known he was gonna die soon i av a feeling he and the restaurant owner were related

2 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by hawksford: 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
Scyllapatron: *a woman missed her flight, the flight took off and crashed in the midair 5mins after take off killing everyone on board, the woman took an airport taxi to return home, a big lorry hit the taxi at a junction killing only the woman.

Dat 1 naaa confam bad luck oooo

Her bad luck Jez killed so many lives

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
when I was in secondary, we went to visit our student teacher in her school. while we were there she was telling us about a certain girl in their lodge that turns to a snake,immediately the girl passed and she showed us the girl and the girl was looking at us as if she know s what we were saying. we entered bus going back to our side,at the first bus stop we saw the girl and she was looking at us,we entered another bus,at the second bus stop we saw the girl again, I nearly faint that day out of fear.is that a coincidence

2 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Amhappy(f): 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Kind of Strange but nice

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by aywhy93(m): 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
ShakurM: Maybe that's your signifikant other.

LOL... Maybe, but for real... I can't just go for her, she's okay but not my type.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Affable0709(m): 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Wonderful coincidence i must say. here is mine.

last month, at night, when i was about to go to a church program. Something like a bat flew very close to my face. The next day , i woke up with a swollen eye and i had a sudden fever and headache. later that afternoon, i head of ebola! and how "bats" can trasmits it.
when they were calling the signs and sympoms... fever, weakness, red eyes, internal and external bleeding, vomiting and diarrhea. l had similar symptoms! ichy eyes and skin! my blood pressure was high! extremely weak! i had even nausea, i also had chest pains! and abdominal pains!!!!!!! God! my fear was out of this world! that i repented and started reading my bible.
My mother works in a healthcare centre! now you know what am talking about? my mind started saying "are you sure she hasn't contacted it?"! i asked her if she uses handgloves while at work and she said no. arrrrhhh! That morning she was supposed to go to work but she had diarrhea! ahhhhhh mummy has killed me oooo. i told her about ebola and she started casting and binding! chai! i asked her if she had vomitted and she said no. later she had fever! CHAI!!! WHERE IS MY BIBLE!.. few days later and i still had the symptoms and my mum became more than well.

That evening my mum bought bitter cola.. as a matter of fact she bought a lot. few days later i head bitter cola cures ebola!.... i dont need to tell you i made bitter cola a food! i searched the internet and found out that i was allergic!.... i prayed that it was only an allergy! the next dat i took salt water. l CAN SWEAR IT THAT NOT UP TO 3DAYS, the news about bathing and drinking salt water came! it was late at night i heard the news so i couldnt bath with salt water! but the next day i bathed with cold salt water! Oh my! i came online here and read a tread about excess salt causes hypertention! chai i had it all! i search google and found out that banana reduces salt intake! my weakness was getting worse as i gave up and started counting to "21 days" . later my mum told me to stop taking too much bitter cola that it has side effect and can cause weaknesss! chai which kind wahala be this? soon it was more than 21days and i became well! i even discover that eatin late at night cause heartburn and acid reflux. i was allergic too. i had malaria! and thought it was ebola! mtcheeeeeeeew! naim i won kill myself? since then i hated coincidece. and i stumbled on this thread. i laugh and said "God punish coincidence"......

10 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by ibdeals1(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
nikkyshyne: @Number 1. That car engine is demonic! It needs an exorcism!

reminds me of that scary 1973 horro film the exeorcist cry still shiver over that film like crazy
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by faithboi: 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
Amy91: @op, i v read most of dz bf from www.cracked.com, america's biggest comedy website.
ok

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
This actually reminds of Final Destination... wish they could continue

2 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by faithboi: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
Affable0709: Wonderful coincidence i must say. here is mine.

my fear was out of this world! that i repented and started reading my bible.
but the next day i bathed with cold salt water! ! i laugh and said "God punish coincidence"......
...how was d salt water experience, I hope you tasted a little, sanz things..
lol...and for d bolded I hope u still read ur bible?....grin
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by sweetmusic12: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
This topic temped me to debut my comment on NL...I recalled my first ex, her name was Gbemi, After breaking up with her, I dated another lady with striking resemblance from same state. Gbemi was her name....,.Had same experiences with them, my family were surprised! I met another one with different personality but could not relate with her. I made up my mind to stop dating ladies with that name...Since then I am still single for over three years! Isn't this a mystery?

Sweetvine is an artist and good producer in Lagos State, Look out for Sweet Music Studios in your search bar.

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Infoay: 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Scyllapatron: *a woman missed her flight, the flight took off and crashed in the midair 5mins after take off killing everyone on board, the woman took an airport taxi to return home, a big lorry hit the taxi at a junction killing only the woman.

Her death was specially programmed by the evil forces in her village.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by trekkie: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ty

5 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by tundesto(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hmmmmmm
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Dhulqarnain(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
LarrySun: Wow! Talk about sheer coincidence.

This reminds about when I was like fourteen years old. I was fetching water that afternoon when I suddenly felt a yearning to watch Terminator 2 (a movie I watched about a decade earlier. I was too young to really remember the plot of the movie). I didn't know how I was going to get the movie to watch. I was carrying the water homeward when I found a video cassette at the side of the road. The tape was broken but I knew how to repair it.

As I picked up the cassette, I felt a strange sensation that I was holding Terminator 2, even though there was nothing written on the cassette. When I reached home, the feeling became so strong that ignored the water I was fetching; I unscrewed the cassette, joined the tape and cleaned it. After repairing, I inserted the cassette into a video player, and Behold, it was Terminator 2! Awesome!

I'm a writer too; I had the same feeling seven years later when I began writing my first novel, The Brand of Cain. I felt that all the crimes committed and events that occurred in the novel actually happened. But people may think I'm just rambling because I have no proof to support my claim. But I know what I know.
That,my frnd,is number 21.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by MARKone(m): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
WukedP: I ve always wanted 2 meet a lady that will complete me, saw this lady and I was shocked. But neva knew why, I approached her, asked her name and here is the amazing list,
1) her name starts from P same as Me
2) from same state,
3) we ve got same native names, share same birthday month,
4)she was her families favorite so they call her Mommy at home, am the only son after 6 ladies in my own family so they call me Daddy.... Getting married in som few months time.....

cheesy

Speaking of meeting the Right person...

Soul Mate
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mehn this is some freaky ish! lipsrsealed The first story of the identical twins taht both married and divorced Lindas, remarried Bettys....
I have read about the James Dean car story before. Its actually true
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by LordRahl001: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
ladyfeli: D day I saw dis thing ma head scattered..

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain
seven letters.
Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the
White House.
Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both were shot in the head.
Lincoln's secretary, Kennedy, warned him not to go
to the theatre.
Kennedy's secretary, Lincoln, warned him not to go
to Dallas.
Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners.
Both successors were named Johnson.
Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was
born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was
born in 1908.
John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939.
Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are comprised of fifteen letters
Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a
warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a
theater.
Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their
trials.
honestly, I was expecting ds on dat list!! Juxt wanted to be sure no one has posted it before I post again!! This is 1 hell of a coincidence!b!! Thumbs up dear!!
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by ProfGday(m): 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
All d 3 ladies I hav intention of dating are born on dsame day n month,bt diff yr.
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
[b] I had some experiences which are coincidental but I really don't know if they are beyond physical

One day sometimes in 2007, I was on a field work on public health in Oshodi Lagos state and after the day's work around 4pm, decided to get some things for myself. I had N5000 with me & I was passing through the busy road, two guys approached me & wanted to rob me I challenged them & before I could help myself to escape, they became 8 in number & pushed me towards a wall. I screamed for help as one of them was busy throwing several punches on my stomach but no one was bold to come to my rescue as busy as the place was. People gathered some 10meters away watching & I realised I was alone all for myself so I started shouting "mo ti ku ooo..." (I don die ooo...). At that point, I saw a very fair middle aged woman all in white blouse & wrapper (dressed in iro & buba) like "yeye Osun" with a "shekere" (I don't know the English name) in her hands saying "oni ku ooo, wa ye..." (you won't die, you will live..). She was the only one that came close walking up & down in front of me chatting her words while shaking her "shekere". It seemed I was the only person that noticed her presence because non of my assailants did as if they saw or noticed her.
About 3yrs later around 2010, I boarded a bus from Mararaba to Wuse for N200. Because there was a bomb blast the previous day in the city, soldiers moulted a check point along AYA- Karu road which caused a lot of traffic hold-up. We spent over 3hrs moving from Mararaba to Karu where we finally met traffic stand still so, I decided to call my office that I wouldn't be coming again so, I alighted from the bus. Meanwhile, the conductor had already collected the monies & was still owing me N300 balance but since I didn't reach my destination, I asked him to take N100 out of the N500 I gave him & give me N400 balance after all, on a normal day Mararaba to Karu is N50. Instead, he removed N200 and gave me N300 balance which I rejected.
This led to an argument between us and he claimed It's my own decision not to get to the final bus stop & that he would charge his normal T- fair. When the argument became intensed, I notice a very fair woman in her middle age dressed in same white iro & buba like yeye Osun approached the conductor and asked him to give me N400 balance that is unfair for him to charge me N200 for the short distance. The conductor complied & I left the scene but after some few steps away, I remembered the coincidence of that woman so I quickly went back to the scene to check for her, but on getting there, I didn't see her but other people who were around during the argument.
Till today, I can't say if this is just coincidence or beyond physical. [/b]

3 Likes

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by bokohaman: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Hmmm!....Back in the days in secondary school, I was in d boarding house. There was this movie everybody kept talking about after coming from a long vacation. The movie was acted by my favourite actor "Jean CLaude VAndamme, titled "Double IMpact". So ever since I heard about d movie, i had this zeal and enthusiasm to see it anytime we go on vacation, but how to watch it, i don't know. We went on vacation for the term, so I went straight to my uncle's place to spend some days with him. So one afternoon, on this fateful day, there was this movie that was about to come up on "Clapperboard" the casts were still on display when i made a wish that if only they could show the movie I had been longing to see and lo and behold, after d display of the casts and was about time to display the title of d movie...guess what came up?

Double Impact......Wata coincidence...It was really funny

1 Like

Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
austinoeze: see as una just de disgrace una selves with lie..una just de offend eachoda with lie..de open una nyash 4 internet...soteh na me shame con de catch. ukpa!
Op ur name na Elias Linus Laye

LMAO!!! I was almost fainting from laughing at ur post! guy u no try at all....lolololol!
go use ur talent 4 Night of a thousand laughs!
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Praising200: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=aywhy93][size=14pt]Nice one... I like amazing and incredible things like this. What a coincidence !!![/size]

[size=12pt]I've experienced a very strange one too which I cant forget. I remember back then when I was admitted to AAUA, I was at the pack in IB to enter a bus going to school then I noticed this lady sitting in front, she looks familiar, maybe we live around the same neighborhood. (A) Confused, I was thinking maybe she's going to one of her relatives in Ondo state. (B) When I got to school, the following day I saw her again at the orientation. Shocked ! This girl is even in my school and we're both a fresher. (C) The day after, she passed in front of my Lodge and I was like 'Why am I seeing this girl everywhere am going' ? (D) 2 days later, I saw her in LT and I was like Aah Aah, she's even in my Faculty... (Science). (E) After the lecture, I was bold enough to walk up to her and I started a conversation with her, saying this face is kinda familiar and we entered the same bus while c
Re: 20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
smurfy:

Thanks very much for your beautiful conclusion jare. Many are calling it coincidence but you're wise enough to know there's nothing coincidental about most of them. If anything, a lot of these occurrences tell us we're not alone in this world. If you've watched the film Final Destination, you would understand better.

you are right. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couple Going Home From Work Die In Fatal Accident In Ekiti State. Graphic Photos / Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island / 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.