Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

IFY - A Romantic Thriller - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IFY - A Romantic Thriller (54711 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Ify , A Romantic Thriller Continuation . / 17 Awosika-a Crime/action Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Kunzu(m): 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
Where is Ify oooo

#A ghost reader is waiting for d next updates
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Atakitisam(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
Am really enjoyin ur story,patiently waiting for naxt update
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Matrix01(m): 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
I'm fucking enjoying dis piece. Thumbs up
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by D9ty7(m): 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Are you a fan of stories that reflect family life and scandals. THE WEB is one of such stories. Written by Candy.
This is the story of two women whose lives are interwoven in ways
they can't even imagine...a story of desperation and survival at
dangerous costs.
This is the link.... https://www.nairaland.com/1902597/web...
Read and you won't be disappointed.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by yungcyrus(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Well i couldn't biliv i read dis story from the beginning to dis point.....As a young upcoming writer, i find this ur work inspiring n captivating too...I wish i could get the crowd off their feet lyk you do......great work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by weedtaker: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
2scorehigh, update quick na, i just blow ma first tab finish, i don the arrange the 2nd tab, i wan use double eye see the end of your tori

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
yungcyrus: Well i couldn't biliv i read dis story from the beginning to dis point.....As a young upcoming writer, i find this ur work inspiring n captivating too...I wish i could get the crowd off their feet lyk you do......great work

Wow...that's good to hear. Thanks so much for your inspiring wordz.

Hmmm, so you want to lift the crowd off their feet? That is so good to hear but I must warn you to be ready for the pressure because the whole weight might just collapse on you! cool

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hi guys,

Sorry for keeping you waiting. It's not like I don't want to update. It's just that I'm completely tired of this anti bot spam of a guy and the way it has been banning me up and down with no mercy.

I don't even know the censored words anymore or what not to do to avoid his red card.

So for the sake of future updates, instead of just waiting here, you can always stroll to my blog to check for the latest, okay?

Fine.

And oh, one more thing, please while you are there, it wouldn't hurt to share it with your friends on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc.,would it?

Good.

Now, to catch up with the latest, Click Here to Read The Rest of Chapter 16 of IFY - A Romantic Thriller...
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
Fourcade: Mehn. .i love Sandra already! grin

"Trust me, I am going to make you forget this Ify, it’s a promise.”

Ghen Ghen Na who go tire? grin

Ha haa...monsieur d'accord. Moi aussi. grin

Meanwhile, let's move on...

CHAPTER 17

The new house experience was exactly what I needed. I so much cherish novelties and that was exactly what the change of scene did for me. I felt reinvigorated. I felt alive. I quickly tried to adapt to the surroundings. I fell in love immediately with the serene environment which contrasted sharply with the Coal Camp bustling and noisy surroundings.

I was also happy because I knew that such quiet environment was very good for me as a programmer so that I could focus very well and work on the online games app I was already developing with HTML5.

The interior of the house was painted milky white while the exterior was painted white which matched very well with the black roofing. The rooms were quite spacious. All the exit doors and all the windows had burglary proofs so I also felt quite safe. There were few repairs to be done on the ceilings, the mosquito nets and a few electrical wiring but I didn’t mind because I was still reveling in the new experience of having my own apartment rather than living in a yard with so many cotenants and putting up with their ceaseless noise.

Sandra also helped me to adjust very well as she really turned out to be exactly what I needed at the moment. She ran errands and went to the market to buy most of the things we needed in the house as I was always away at the office. She was a great helper and always too willing to do more for me.

She saw to it that everything was arranged and placed in exactly the way I wanted. I was glad that the apartment had two bedrooms. That will offer a lot of space as well as the much needed privacy for private matters.

I moved all my belongings into one of the rooms. That left the other room almost vacant except for my desk and chairs which I positioned in one corner of the room to give the room a semblance of an office. The apartment also had a little kitchen so that gave me more space too.

One of the best things about the new house was that none of my colleagues at the office was living with me there. They didn’t know it but I was so glad when they officially announced to me that I was still going to be living in a separate rented apartment different from where they all lived after all.

Anyway, that was the initial plan but at some point, I think they wanted to change the arrangement so that I would have to live with the rest of them because the Management thought it would save more money but at the very last moment, as luck would have it, the boss decided against it and gave the nod for the apartment to be rented for me because according to him, that was his original plan and he always kept his promises.

It really amused me that they actually thought I was going to feel so lonely and abandoned living all by myself. Of course, what they didn’t know was that although I might appear to be social and chatty most times, sometimes, I so much enjoy my privacy being on my own with no unnecessary disturbances from anybody.

My happiness increased my productivity at the work place. My students felt it. My colleagues felt it. In fact, everybody I came in contact felt it. My lively spirit was back.

Everything was okay… everything apart from Sandra.

At first, Sandra was very helpful and understanding. I didn’t even notice when she started leaving some of her things in my place until the day I woke up and surprisingly discovered that she was now my roommate, sort of.

The most surprising part was that it didn’t even take her so much time to do that. Unlike Ify, she never asked me for my keys. She just assumed I will be okay with it if she took it without asking and that was that.

Anyway, it didn’t matter because I really needed the company and since the new house was located in a very serene environment, it was always good to have someone to talk to when you needed to. Besides, she was a very good company.

She took it upon herself to always prepare my meals on time. It turns out she was a very good cook. There was a day we had an argument when I told her I didn’t know how to cook. She expressed her shock at once and told me to get ready because she was going to show me how.
I told her I was never cut out for such things so I was never going to learn. She insisted. I resisted. Then she told me that I should get ready to start eating outside because there’s no way I will be eating the food she prepared without her ever getting to eat mine. Hmm.

One of the first things I quickly noticed about Sandra was that she knew how to have her own way. Of course, she knew how to persuade, motivate or coerce, as the case might be. Although I recognized the signs and I could have chosen to thwart her moves but then I liked the fact that she always gave me the impression that she could be assertive as well as submissive as situation demands.

So I finally acquiesced to her demand.

Funnily enough, I found cooking to be interesting—and challenging too because in the end, not only did I learn how to prepare Egusi soup but also Okra and Ogbono soup. She even got me to learn how to prepare yam porridge and of course, my favorite rice and beans with stew. It didn’t taste like anything near Mama Eloka’s but I was glad that for all what it’s worth, I could now cook, all thanks to Sandra.

Maybe it was because I was now using gas cooker as against kerosene stove, maybe it was because the kitchen was now located inside the main building or maybe it’s simply because I had a very sexy girl as my guidance directing me but I was glad to discover that cooking wasn’t that strenuous as I have always imagined.

She was also good in making conversations which explains why I said she was a good company. She seemed to know so much about the world, people and places and I was so glad that, quite unlike so many girls I knew, she seem to be interested in politics, news and current affairs.

She also liked being on the internet. Occasionally, she will call my attention to certain interesting news or articles she read on some other blog. When I told her about my religion blog, she went mad with excitement.

She kept on asking me questions on the different controversial topics I raised on the blog. She wanted to know if I really believed that the concept of Original Sin was not feasible. She wanted to know if I really thought that Satan and Lucifer were not the same entity. She wanted to know my views on reincarnation, numerology and astrology.

I never got tired of answering those questions. Not only was it exciting to me that I had an interested audience who was so eager to listen and learn from me, I was also glad that I was with someone who was willing to discuss religious issues with me with open-mindedness.

I didn’t notice I was gradually easing into liking her.

to be continued...
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 11:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
getafe: hehehehei beta na, d ogbanje guy cannot flirt with any oda girl knowing dat his ogbanje girl will be monitorin him with her ogbanje mirror. Na fire for fire, e no go dey easy 4 d guy na.

Chai! Too much Nigerian film... cheesy tongue wink
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by anasbeaut(f): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Pls how can I pay to get this novel? Don't udstd amazon or smash word options.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Quadlaw(m): 12:19am On Sep 23, 2014
One thing i've always loved 'bout ur work is ur 'description'. Be it either d characters or d scene itself. Great work, man!

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Quadlaw: One thing i've always loved 'bout ur work is ur 'description'. Be it either d characters or d scene itself. Great work, man!

Wow! I'm so flattered.

Well, I guess I have to make it that way because if I make you to 'see' it, you will most likely 'feel' it and if you feel it, you will...

shocked shocked shocked
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:35am On Sep 23, 2014
anasbeaut: Pls how can I pay to get this novel? Don't udstd amazon or smash word options.

Oh Wow!

Dearest Ana, believe it or not, you are my biggest fan! And you are truly a beaut. I hope the suspense is not killing you already…? tongue tongue tongue

Ha ha ha.

To get the novel is very fast and simple and I think the Smashwords option is the simplest, most especially if you are in Nigeria. All you need is a PayPal account.

The novel is currently only available in the eBook format which means you can only read it on your PC(laptop), tablet, Android, BlackBerry, Mac, etc…

I intend to make it into a physical print version which is converting it into a physical book once I am through with the logistics.

So if you click on that Smashwords link I gave, you will see the BUY option. Click on it. Then click on CHECKOUT. You will then follow through by choosing the CHECKOUT WITH PAYPAL option. And then click on PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.

Wait…I hope you already have a PayPal account, huh? Well, you can always register a free PayPal account. Of course, Nigerians are now accepted on PayPal.

Yay!!! cheesy

Alright.

After the payment is successful, you will see the link to download the book file. You can choose to download the EPUB format. Click on it to start the download.

That’s all.

Now, to start reading it immediately, you will download and install the latest EPUB Reader(FBreader) suitable for your operating system – Windows, Android, Mac OS X, Linux, BlackBerry 10, etc.

For example, if you want to read it on your Windows PC(laptop), you will click on Windows to download the FBreader for Windows. If you want to read it on Android, you will click on Adroid to download the FBreader for Android.

Click here to download the FBreader.

After installing it on your system, you can then use it to view the book file you downloaded from Smashwords.

It’s a very simple, fast and straight forward process. You can always ask me any question if you encounter any difficulty, okay?

Once again, thanks a lot.

Note: Your PayPal account must be verified & funded. To verify your PayPal account, you will need to first link either of your MasterCard or Visa Card to your PayPal account.

I linked my UBA Africard to my PayPal account. So anytime I want to make an online transaction with PayPal, I will first of all fund my UBA Africacard account so that PayPal can have access to that fund.

It's not only UBA Africard. You can also link your PayPal with your GTBank mastercard, DiamondBank Visa, etc. You can make use of any of the Nigerian Banks' MasterCard or Visa.

Meanwhile, we can continue dealing with the suspense by Clicking Here To Continue Reading…
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by LeoFish92(m): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2014
2scorehigh I have a feeling that this your novel is more of your biography, a description of your personal life and sexscapades and ofcourse your ingenuity. in fact you are Vince!

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 8:55am On Sep 23, 2014
LeoFish92: 2scorehigh I have a feeling that this your novel is more of your biography, a description of your personal life and sexscapades and ofcourse your ingenuity. in fact you are Vince!

Ha ha haa... cheesy cheesy cheesy

We'll see about that Leo!

Ha ha haa... wink
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by anasbeaut(f): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Very long instructions but I ll try. Cos d suspense is too much

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 6:59am On Sep 24, 2014
anasbeaut: Very long instructions but I ll try. Cos d suspense is too much

Hehehee...Anaa...chai!!! grin

It's not long. If your PayPal is funded, it won't even take you up to five minutes.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 7:22am On Sep 24, 2014
But then again, why wouldn’t I like her when she was an enigma and such a sәx bomb in the bed. She was so good in bed that I once jokingly asked her, after a marathon round of sәx one night, if she wasn’t actually mastering sәx in UI. She laughed and told me that she was actually planning on doing that in her PhD!

I told her I wouldn’t mind to be the lecturer who will take her in the course Practical Fuckology and I would make sure she never graduates because I will definitely keep failing her just to make sure she keeps repeating the course. She couldn’t stop laughing that night.

She was really wild and she approached sәx religiously—almost like it was sort of a game to her. She was never shy as she showed no inhibitions. She knew all the thrilling positions and the bed was no longer our favorite playing field because she was ready to do it with me anywhere – the bathroom, the kitchen, on top of my desk, on the floor, nowhere was spared!

With her, sәx was a complete pleasurable act of giving and receiving. In short, she knew how to make a man to always keep coming back and begging for more.

In the first two to three weeks days she lived with me, I was always happy waking up in the morning and also whenever it was time for me to go from the office because although I always had an idea of what would be waiting for me in the house, I didn’t exactly know what it was actually going to be like.

On my way back from work, I will keep on fantasizing and visualizing what she was going to come up with. She was very unpredictable and I liked that so much. This was very thrilling to me because I love surprises so much and nothing could be more thrilling than knowing that I could never guess what she was going to come up with.

Sometimes she would be standing by the door waiting for me. It was always a pleasing sight, opening the door and watching her dressed in her birthday suit and giving me that coy look from under her eyelashes. And from there, we would launch into action immediately with no time to waste.

Some other times, I would be treated with a striptease entertainment. Sometimes she would be so passive and I will have to do all the work to coerce her into action. We might even have to go out and get ourselves drunk before she will get into the mood.

She was like that. So different. So complex. So sәxy. So amazing. So intriguing. So seductive. So… so… so… what’s that word again…?

Our days usually began and ended like that. And it was so good…

Until she dramatically changed.

I can’t say I knew exactly what came over her but she changed so drastically. I didn’t see it coming but she started complaining about everything that you can possibly imagine. If it wasn’t something I did, then it would be something I didn’t do. I tried to figure out what her game was but I couldn’t.

First, she started complaining about being so lonely. She said that she didn’t like the fact that I would leave her all alone in the house while I will be outside catching all the fun.

She didn’t actually say I was cheating on her but I got a similar message from the way she would often sound and insinuate things in her complaints. I hate it when a woman levels such an accusation towards me when I am completely innocent, most especially.

Her frequent complaints started getting to me. I told her that she could come with me to the office if she thought I was having all the fun all by myself. Of course, I didn’t tell her that she could always go back to her aunt, or to her friends, or better still, back to Ibadan, anytime she wants but I had it in mind to tell her so.

I also installed a MyTV satellite decoder and paid for the subscription so that she could watch the telly, if she so wish, while I was away. She liked it at first and rewarded me by putting up with what I could have easily described as her best performance in the bed ever only that she could always surprise you by coming up with more.

Then I noticed a pattern was beginning to develop. She would nag. We would have a small fight. Then we will make up with my complying with her requests. Then she would reward me with good sәx. It was clear to me that she was now using sәx as a weapon but I couldn’t do anything again to stop it. You would not believe it but like I mentioned earlier, I was also beginning to like her—and her subtle controlling ways.

I saw her in a different light. Most of the women I have known in my life tend to quickly fall in love with me and get attached too soon. They often come on too strong too. Sandra was quite different. She got me wondering if I wasn’t actually losing my touch.

I knew our relationship was defined along the lines of a rebound but I still felt there is the need to know if something could actually develop from there. Not that I wanted a relationship with her right away anyway but then again, why not… why shouldn’t I? She was smart, funny, intelligent, versatile, sәxy, fun, interesting, wild, strange…

But I was seriously troubled by the fact that she was no longer interested in flirting with me, at least, as much as she was doing before. Somehow, she managed to give me this feeling that she was not feeling me again and that really baffled me. I couldn’t ascertain if her recent lack of interest in me was because she was still feeling something for her guy who jilted her. But it can’t be because she never mentioned him again to me.

So one evening while we were watching a love scene playing out on Super Story, she blurted out her mind and said, “I only pity women who fall in love…”

She was referring to the scene were a lady was desperately trying to get back her man who had left her for another woman. I took notice immediately.

“How do you mean?” I asked, clearly interested in her answer.

“Can’t you see it? Men are not just worth it!” she blasted.

I wanted to ask her what she meant by that but it was self-explanatory so I allowed that to pass but there was a way she said it that really disturbed me. She was not only defiant; she was also resolute in her opinion. I could see she had completely given up on men and that really disturbed me. Are we really that bad? Somehow, I felt pity for her. She must have gone through a lot of pains in the hands of men.

Then and there, I resolved within myself that I am going to try to build a relationship with her and I’m going to reverse her thoughts and prove to her that men are actually worth it. I am also going to make her fall in love with me. I’m going to take away all her pains. No matter what it takes…

I knew that was not my style. I knew that if Eze should ever hear my thoughts now, he would laugh his ass off but I didn’t care anymore. I could still hear Ify’s words reverberating in my head. You should be thinking about the future—your own future!

Yes, I should and that future starts now!

But it didn’t work out. The more I tried to convince her that she should let go and let someone show her love, the more she pulled away.

Like a changed man, I became so caring. I always wanted to know how she was feeling. Quite unlike me, I even tried to become more romantic.
There was never a day I will be coming back from the office without buying her some form of present. I would call her from the office anytime I got the chance.

I couldn’t believe myself because I knew I was becoming more like Uchman. Sometimes, I will tell myself that I won’t call her at all or not more than once but I find out that I always ended up calling her more than thrice from the office just to ask her how she was doing.

I started freeing up more time from my computer so that I could be with her and listen to her stories. I even tried to learn a few more sәx tricks to add to her pleasure in the bed.

It wasn’t easy at all.

It might sound laughable to someone like Eze that I was doing all that but to me, it was not a laughing matter. I really wanted to work on myself. I was ready for a change. So why wasn’t she feeling me? For the first time in my dating life, if I should call it that, I started getting concerned over what a girl really thought about me and if something wasn’t actually wrong with me.

It got so serious that it started affecting my work. Sometimes, I will be completely lost in deep thoughts and I wouldn’t hear when someone calls my name or even notice when someone walks into my office.

We still had sәx occasionally though but it was no longer all that satisfying to me knowing that the person I was making love to wasn’t actually feeling me and I couldn’t tell why.

One day she openly confessed to me that she understood my struggles and how I was going beyond myself in trying to please her. She told me she just wants me to understand that she wants to take her time. She advised me not to push it because she was not thinking of anything long-term; in fact, she was not thinking of having any relationship with me, for now. That was exactly how she put it. Well, well, well… there she said it, didn’t she! What girl in her right senses will want to marry you?

Surprisingly though, my first thought wasn’t to call it quits and throw her out immediately. I was determined to get her out of her shell. I told myself that I wasn’t going to push it. She was now my project. I knew it will take a lot of patience but I was determined to see it to the end.
But she kept on making everything worse.

I came back from work one evening completely famished and worn out. I was hoping that I would have something to eat but much to my greatest chagrin, there was no food in the house when I came back. So I flared up. Maybe she was now mistaking my gentlemanliness and kind gestures towards her as the barking of a toothless bulldog?

“Sandra where’s my food? Or didn’t you know I would be coming back by this time?!” I sparked.

“Hmm… wonders shall never end! Since when did that start?!” she challenged me immediately. “Am I your wife that I am supposed to be cooking for you?”

What the fück
!

I couldn’t believe my ears but the painful part was coming to terms with the sinking feeling that I experienced in that small fraction of a second I thought about what she had just said and I realized that she was right!

But what even pained me the most was that she didn’t even move an inch from where she sat. And she didn’t even turn her head to look at me. I considered that to be very disrespectful. Defiantly, she just sat on the bed and continued watching BBC World News. She really needs a good slap. No, slaps.

But I managed to control myself.

Was this not exactly the same message Eze was always trying to pass across to me all along? He has never hesitated to tell me that one of the main reasons why he would never settle for a Nigerian girl was because of the way she will pretend to be so nice during courtship only to change very quickly and show you her true colors once you marry her. According to Eze, she will then do everything within her powers to make you know that she’s gotten what she wanted, which in most case is usually marriage, and she is now in charge.

Obviously Sandra knew she now had some form of power over me now and she wasn’t hesitating to use it all to her own advantage or whatever she was playing at. But she’s not even my wife, which makes the whole situation much more complicated and very confusing. She couldn’t even at least pretend. But then again, it’s not her fault. The blame is all mine. After all, I wanted it to work…

“Alright Sandra, please tell me, what exactly is your problem?” I was very calm. She finally turned her head and looked at me very indifferently.

“I don’t have any problem. It is you who has got a problem. If you are hungry, why don’t you just quietly go in there and prepare something for yourself? I think you now know how to cook, huh…?”

Dâmn! One more word like that from her again and she’s going to get it!

“Oho...! Now I see…”

“See what…?” she retorted back immediately.

“Is that why you taught me how to cook?” I said, trying to lighten things up and make it look like a joke. She didn’t because she scowled.

I had to try again. “Sandra, listen, let me make something clear to you, the thing is that if you are going to continue staying in this house, I expect you to be ready to make some sacrifices which include preparing my meals. Unless…”

“Unless what…?” she flared up. Oh no, I didn’t mean it that way. I was getting it all wrong.

“Unless you want me to go, huh? Huh…? Well, if that’s what you want, why don’t you just go ahead and say it?” she fired back at me immediately in a very challenging manner.

“Sandra, I didn’t mean it that way.”

“Then please leave me alone!”

And that was exactly what I did. I didn’t say any more word to her again. I quietly went out to the nearest restaurant to eat. After eating, I ordered for a beer. Then I ordered for another beer. When I was about to go, I requested for a takeaway with a canned malt. I wanted to give it to her.

When I came back, I wasn’t surprised to find out that she was still watching the telly. It was fast becoming her greatest passion and pastime these days. I handed over the takeaway to her. She accepted it and murmured something that could have been either a ‘thank you’ or a ‘fück you’.

Obviously, she was not in a talking mood. I let her be. I just went over to my corner of the mattress and beckoned on sleep to come.

to be continued...

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Joshchi(m): 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
The guy has just discovered that maths and algebra are not the same...but wait oo, who get house sef? tongue

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by jaymomma(f): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hehehehehehehe Vince. Bushmeat don catch hunter.
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by yungcyrus(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
U ar gonna b searching fo Ify very soon, mr Vince...........

2 Likes

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Fourcade(m): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by paulohgirlie(f): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
Joshchi: The guy has just discovered that maths and algebra are not the same...but wait oo, who get house sef? tongue

I beg help ask am again o. One yoruba adage says "Alagbaro ti e shi oko gba" meaning "He don bite more dan he can shew" grin grin grin
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 7:22am On Sep 25, 2014
The next morning I was surprised with what I saw when I went into the kitchen. The takeaway and the malt were kept on top of the fridge, still untouched. I opened it. The fried rice, chicken and salad had spoiled because I could perceive the light stench of rotten food.

I didn’t say anything to her. I just quietly prepared and left for work.

At the office, after completing my early morning assignment, I went back to my office to resume my deep thinking. She has always said she was going to make me forget Ify. Obviously, that was not working anymore because I noticed that my thoughts were now drifting towards Ify every now and again.

Ify? How was she? How did I allow things go so badly between us? How was she faring now? Why hasn’t she ever bothered to call me since then? Does it mean she never actually felt anything for me? Or has she found another guy?

Suddenly, I felt a very strong temptation to call her. I want to see her right now! I wanted to know how she was doing. I wanted to see if there was any chance that we could get back together. Yes, I also wanted to know how she was taking the whole thing… if she was better off… or worse off…

It was strange but I found out I was seriously yearning for her. I brought out my phone to dial her number and then I stopped. What if she has deleted my number? Or changed her number entirely? What if she refuses to answer? Okay, what will I say to her if she did answer?

I became confused once again. I wasn’t feeling so comfortable with knowing the answers to those questions I just raised. I started all over again contemplating once more, if I should call her or not. I finally decided to. Well, I am the man and a man must face all his fears…

I started dialing again and then I stopped. I didn’t want her to know it was me. Of course, that will signify to her immediately that I am worse off. Pathetic me, she did say.

I hid my caller ID before dialing her. I listened to the dialing tone. I was happy her phone rang. Which means she hasn’t changed her number. But I wasn’t happy that she didn’t answer. That could mean anything… anything like something very terribly bad!

I decided to call her again in the next one hour. As I watched the seconds tick away, I formulated in my mind what I was going to tell her. I knew she didn’t know that I have moved so I might start from there.

Exactly one hour later, I dialed her number again. This time around, I didn’t hide my caller ID. Let her see it. Maybe she didn’t answer then because she didn’t answer calls from hidden numbers? Or maybe she suspected it was me because she knew I often played that type of prank so she refused to answer? Or, who knows, maybe she was very sick or in a very great danger and she badly needs some help?

I listened as the phone rang at the other end. She didn’t pick the call again. What could be wrong now? I was really becoming worried.

I tried to calm down. I counted from one to hundred and then I counted from hundred down to one. Then I started to compose a small text message. I told her in the message that if she ever got this text that all I wanted to tell her was to drop by at the office anytime she chose to collect her novel that was with me since I was no longer staying in Coal Camp.

I still have her novel You Belong To Me by Mary Higgins Clark. I didn’t mention where I was now staying but I was hoping she was going to ask so that we will have something to discuss.

I felt happy immediately I sent that message. It doesn’t matter anymore what she thought about me now. I was contemplating whether I should call her back, not to ask her to come back to me, although I was never going to rule that out, but at least to let her know what the problem—my problem was. If not for anything, at least let her forgive me.

I can only wait. Throughout that very day at the office, whenever my door opened I would imagine she was going to come in.

She didn’t. At last, I gave up. Maybe she’ll come tomorrow.

No, Vince, I think you should wake up and face the reality that you’ve lost her—forever!

Dejected, I started heading home to deal with the tough cookie I now have in my house.

When I opened the door, the rich aroma of the Egusi soup she had prepared wafted into my olfactory. What was she up to now? I treaded in cautiously. I walked to my seat and sat down.

Then she materialized from the second room. She was carrying the food in a tray. She gently walked to my desk and carefully placed the food on the table. Then she turned and beamed a smile at me. I knew that she had perfectly timed everything. She perfectly understood I really have a thing about surprises.

It wasn’t the wonderful smile she threw me that caught my attention. Not the chilled bottle of Star she had placed on the tray beside the cassava fufu in the china plate. It wasn’t even the large pieces of meat that were staring at me from the appetizing Egusi soup.

What caught my attention and made me catch my breath was the way she was skimpily dressed. She smiled again at me revealing her perfect set of white teeth before settling down on my laps at an angle facing me sideways so that I could fill my eyes with the delightful sight of her cleavage in front of me. The bum shorts she wore completely exposed her tantalizing fleshy and smooth laps as she sat down. I swallowed involuntarily as I slowly ran my hands all over her thighs. Something was also rocking very hard in my trousers.

“Open your mouth let me feed you,” she commanded in a very tiny amorous voice.

That was all she said. That was all she needed to say. There was no need for asking for me forgiveness. She knew she was already forgiven!

So I opened my mouth and she started to feed me. As I ate, I could only think of one thing. Who is this girl Sandra?

Yes, so refreshing!

Get The Full Story Today directly from my Website(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Smashwords(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.com(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.co.uk(soft copy)
Get The Full Story Today on Amazon.com(hard copy)
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Frankenstein: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2014
Ditch this Sandra fast. She's out to taunt the MC... I hate girls like her.

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by iyamchee(m): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
vince, ya naw my hero cheesy
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by bookhy(f): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
Honestly U r really good...got addicted to ur story!

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by Idyvalour(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
We want more cheesy

1 Like

Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by LeoFish92(m): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
I must say I've not been impressed by the way the updates crawl in at a snail's pace.....Emmy boy do something about it!.......make I shuttle back to the other story currently keeping me busy!!
Re: IFY - A Romantic Thriller by 2scorehigh(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2014
CHAPTER 18

I was seriously hoping that Sandra will never change again. I was hoping she was back for good. I was hoping she was now finally coming around and was going to; at least, start showing a semblance of returning my affection. I was also thankful, though regretfully, that Ify never came so that I would fully concentrate on building a solid relationship with Sandra.

She had pleaded with me that she wanted to follow me to the office. She had said she wanted to see how we do our job. She had also said she suspected we were having so much fun and she wanted to share in the fun. I couldn’t say no. Finally, I accepted her request and took her along with me.

The first day she came to office, she was very elated and everything seemed to interest her. From the look of envy on the faces of my colleagues, I could see that they thought I was very lucky to have such a charming girl.

Lucy was the only person who wasn’t so moved by Sandra’s visit. Later when I got the chance to talk to her, she asked me about Ify and if we were still together. I stalled. I didn’t know exactly what to tell her but I could see the disapproval clearly written all over her face. Although she didn’t say it, I didn’t need anybody to tell me she thought, and didn’t like the idea, that I was cheating on Ify.

My attention shifted to Sandra. I noticed that she was actively flirting with all the guys. They seemed to like her. Of course, that was expected because she had a very likeable nature. Even David the Taciturn smiled when she complimented him and told him his spectacles made him look so sәxy and his serious face showed that he was the only one doing the real work at Delic.

She was so free with them. She got so touchy-feely with Mike and Ikenna, especially Ikenna. She kept on telling Ikenna that she envied his girlfriend and she knows that so many girls will kill to have him because of his muscular physique and hairy chest. I could see that although Ikenna felt so flattered by that statement; he actually liked it from the way he kept grinning sheepishly. At a stage, for some inexplicable reasons, it struck me that she was actually trying to make me feel jealous by brazenly flirting with them. Why?

Well, I tried to ignore her theatrics. I walked out from where they were all seated and moved to the reception lobby to chat with Stubborn Lucifer. The presence of Sandra didn’t give her much courage or reason to be chatty and jovial with me. Who said women were not territorial? Besides, all women hate cheaters, I know...

At the end of work that very day, we went home. She couldn’t stop talking about the events that happened at the office.

Alright, alright, alright. Alright, I get it! I know I’m so lucky to be working with such a great team. I know that from the look of things at the office, it looks like we were being paid a lot of money because of the air of comfort in our office. I also know that David was very handsome and Mike was a talkative and Ikenna looked so manly and it looks like the small girl likes me a lot but why are you telling me all these things?What’s your point?

At a point it got so boring and tiring as she kept on going through it over and over again that I simply excused myself and went into the other room to work on my computer. She didn’t like that. She followed me into the room. She demanded to know why I didn’t feel like talking with her again. She also wanted to know why I was feeling so angry all of a sudden.

I didn’t respond but she wouldn’t let me be. I told her I was not angry. She said she didn’t believe me. I told her I didn’t want to be disturbed. She asked me if I was calling her a disturbance.

Yes. But I didn’t tell her so. I just told her I needed to update my blog and I needed full concentration. She told me she couldn’t understand why I have chosen my stupid blog over her.

Now, that was a biting remark. I paused and looked up from my computer and watched her for some seconds. I didn’t say anything but she could see from the cold stare I gave her that she had crossed the line with that remark and I was no longer happy with her.

She apologized and tried to correct herself by taking back her words immediately. She came by my side and patted me on the back. She apologized and told me that she said it out of anger. I accepted her apology.

She pulled a second seat, sat down beside me and told me that she was going to help me with the updating. Soon we were lost in the topic I was writing about. For the rest of the night she kept on questioning me on what I really meant by posting that religion does not necessarily make people moral.

She was interested in my explanation that naturally most people are inherently good and anybody who wants to do good will do so without being constrained by any religious dogma. She dozed off while I was still going on with my in-depth explanations. I smiled to myself. Somehow, in spite of everything, I wondered if I wasn’t beginning to like this strange girl so much. But that’s not possible, is it?

I carried her to the bed and gently placed her on the mattress. She was quite heavy. I arranged her head on the pillow before I went back to my blog to continue working till late into the night. I made a silent prayer in my mind for things to work out fine between us.

I was beginning to see the signs that it would – the fact that I could easily forgive her gave me hope. Maybe I was finally getting it right and I was going to make it work and she was beginning to respond favorably, who knows? Happily, I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

I might have been getting it right but obviously she wasn’t because she started pilfering, okay let me put it this way, she started taking my money—without my permission. It wasn’t that noticeable at first because she was only taking very small amount of money.

Then it started looking like stealing when it started becoming very noticeable. I decided it was time to test her. I purposely started leaving small sums of money in my pockets and drawers.

And the money will just simply disappear. It was very funny at first. Did she think I didn’t notice? Of course, I did. I only chose to ignore.

But I stop ignoring when her financial demands started getting out of hand. It seemed like she always had a different need every now and then that must be fulfilled by me unless I don’t want to have any more peace in the house. Finally, I decided I couldn’t take it anymore and that means I will have to call time on all her shenanigans. I was only waiting for the right time. The right time came one Saturday when she said she wanted some money to do her hair.

“Chux, please I need some money to do my hair,” she pleaded. She always knows how to coo when making such demands.

“Your hair again? But I thought I gave you some money just last week for the same hair?”

“So…? I don’t like this hairstyle again!” she said defiantly. “As you can see, it’s old already…”

I was totally flabbergasted. What is really her problem? I can’t believe she could suddenly become this arrogant, and ignorant, and cynical, and immature. I had to call her to order immediately before a greater damage is done.

I frowned immediately and said, “Look Sandra, I don’t have that type of money!”

She looked at me for awhile, shrugged and said, “Hmm… okay…”

“What…? Why are you saying hmm?” I demanded.

“Chux, to tell you the truth, I don’t seem to understand you these days. Every time, you don’t have that type of money…”

I knew exactly what she was doing. She was trying to spring her accusation and blame game on me by questioning my intentions and motives.
She didn’t know I was ready for that now.

“Sandra, I think you should learn how to control and differentiate between your wants and desires. How much do you think I’m even being paid?”

“Oh, are you saying you not being paid well? Remember, I’ve been to your office so I know what I have seen. What I don’t understand is why you are now trying to become very stingy?”

No wonder! I smirked. Sorry girl, nice try but it won’t work this time.

I looked at her and said, “Well… sorry about that but for your information, I’m not being paid a bumper salary, if that’s what you think. I only try to manage the little I have by curtailing on my expenses. And I expect you should start doing that too by stop being unnecessarily extravagant…”

“Me? Extravagant? OK, no problem. Anyway, I think I know why you are doing this wicked thing to me now,” she said accusingly. And I got curious instantly.

“Wicked thing?” I snorted. “Hmm. Okay…? Alright. Go ahead. Tell me why, I’m listening,” I said.

“You think I don’t know? You are doing it to me because I’m not your Ify. Don’t think that I don’t know that you are still feeling something for her. You can’t lie to me because I know it! I know you! You are just putting up a charade and acting as if you love me but I know you don’t! Your mind is elsewhere…”

I wanted to shout her down but I paused. She got me there. Your mind is elsewhere. Come to think of it, I think she was right… in a way, but I don’t think it was that obvious, or was it? I don’t know why but sometimes when I look at Sandra, I just find myself wishing she was Ify. At such times, I find myself making some mental comparisons. There was always this thing I have and felt for Ify… this wonderful but indescribable thing about Ify that Sandra will never have.

I didn’t notice it at first but the absence from Ify has made me to discover it. It’s true; absence makes the heart grow fonder.

She was keenly watching my face as I considered that in my mind. But I had to say something so I said, “Sandra you don’t know what you are saying! Please accept the simple fact that when I say I don’t have the money, I mean exactly that, okay?”

“Okay, sir!”

She didn’t bring up the issue again. She also cut down on her demands. Surprisingly too her pilfering acts also stopped. Now, that’s a reasonable girl!

to be continued...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.