Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

What Would Have Been The Correct English? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Would Have Been The Correct English? (1661 Views)

Waec Gce 2015: 100% Correct English Essay, Obj And Oral Answers / Can You Translate This PIDGIN Into Good And Correct English / What Is The Correct English Word For ''longathroat'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2014
Lets talk my pipu... D grammar- na only u waka
c0me? What do u think should hav bin d correct
English?
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Pennywise(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2014
Don4perfect: Lets talk my pipu... D grammar- na only u waka
English?

America will know.

3 Likes

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Dubby6(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2014
Ok continue
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by durella4(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2014
Na only we waka cum?* that's d correct grammer*

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by chukkystar(m): 11:53am On Aug 24, 2014
Ask Patience ooo, nobody know wetin dey dat woman head

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by zoeee(f): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2014
Na pidgin she talk; no be English...

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
English?

America will know cos it's their language

"Is it only you that waka here?"

2 Likes

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Kentnickole(m): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
It means: "are you all alone on this plan/adventure/business?

5 Likes

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
Kentnickole: It means: "are you all alone on this plan/adventure/business?
Correct.

2 Likes

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Arosa(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
English?

Something like this:

Did you come here alone, where are the rest of the delegates? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Kentnickole(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
glitest:
Correct.

Thanks my glittering glitest.

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
Kentnickole:

Thanks my glittering glitest.

You're welcome luv.

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by khadaffi(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
English?
“Na only you waka come ” is not british English, neither did the speaker intend to speak british English. So quit asking such stupid question. The correct question should be “what is the correct translation of the word. . .”

4 Likes

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by meforyou1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
Did u waka come here alone?

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
English?
its not even a grammar
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by omololu2020(m): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
English?
guy she spoke broken english,nah only u waka com z correct

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Aitee1: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Some comments can crack ribs i swear...lol

2 Likes

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by maestroferddi: 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
So only you showed up.

Did you come alone?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why are you walking alone in the midst of Boko people? Dem swear for you?
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by tuoyoojo(m): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
In british accent "Is it only u dat wakaring come here"
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2014
Are u the only one that walked here? undecided
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
I disagree!!!
Stringing together sumfin like dat would prolly have given her seizure undecided
Kentnickole: It means: "are you all alone on this plan/adventure/business?

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by darlingnuel(m): 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
meforyou1: Did u waka come here alone?
cheesy Very funny
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by egift(m): 12:45am On Aug 25, 2014
"Na only you waka come?" = "Are you here alone"
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by ChiSun27(m): 1:44am On Aug 25, 2014
She was neva wrong with ha grammar..she spoke in pidgin.

Jst lyk som1 said ^^.
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 25, 2014
I will correct that if you can correct this for me too- it have tay he have go out.
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by egift(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2014
Yomieluv: I will correct that if you can correct this for me too- it have tay he have go out.

The bold is a wrong pidgin. It should be "E don tay wey him comot" or "Him don comot tay tay" or "Him don comot since"
The right grammar should be (depending on the context): "He/She went out earlier" or "He/She is long long" or "It has been long he went out".
Re: What Would Have Been The Correct English? by sunex: 8:44am On Aug 25, 2014
So only u came here... I tink ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can I Know The List Of Private Universities In Benin Republic Accredited / Harder Course To Study: Mass Communication Or Economics? / Project Topics And Materials In Business Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.