Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) (13460 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-baghdadi Convoy Hit By Air Strike In Iraq / Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 / Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
dehmohlah:

I never insulted you, why doing that? What you posted was from a source and am trying to let us consider if it's genuine.

"nigga please" is not an insult.

it's an exasperated expression for please nigga.

you get mah drift?
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:
True!! This is what happens. Nation of Islam sought to unite black people, it's was largely a force for good, hence the likes of Muhammad Ali & mike tyson found solace there.

The British version of Islam is destroying the lives of young black folks, radicalising & turning them against their community. It really paints a very dangerous prospects for everyone.

It's just sad because I know a lot of those homegrown Muslims out there are definitely going to be black. And the quest to be part of something "righteous" after either being a career criminal, or just products of their environments got them there.

The black community in the UK also needs to start doing more...the only few things they ever do are all in Brixton(in London) and Handsworth(in Birmingham). These Arabs are taking us for pricks - getting black males to do their dirt with them - sad.

Er, are you going to the Carnival tomorrow?
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by cadaverMortis: 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
SirShymex:

I understand where you're coming from, however, since the Saddam Hussein's phantom "weapons of mass destruction" and the subsequent intervention that led to the deaths of millions of Iraqis - and thousands of normal patriotic soldiers from the west - you have no choice but to start questioning some of these lousy "evidence" they always try to put out there from time to time. We all heard about how Gaddafi was trying to kill thousands of people in Benghazi and can now see the end game in Libya - a failed state with Islamists running the show. Syria is another classic example - another failed state - with over 200,000 dead. Evidently that shows that both the "beast" and the "hunter" are just two sides to the same coin - and once the threat is getting closer - you just have to speak out.

Also, where were they when these homegrown terrorists were travelling to Libya, and Syria to fight? Most of them were commended for trying to fight against despots. However, now that ISIS has become a multi-billion dollars demonic and savagely enterprise which poses a threat to everyone - they've started fear mongering again. I honestly don't know why these folks act first and think later.

When they're ready to fight Jihadism - they'll nuke Saudi Arabia, the home of Salafism and Wahabbism and let the rest of us live in peace.

I agree with everything you said, all hundred percent on point except for the nuking saudi part, dont you think that will decentralise the violence and open a can of worms that will be hard or even impossible to control?
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
cadaverMortis:

I agree with everything you said, all hundred percent on point except for the nuking saudi part, dont you think that will decentralise the violence and open a can of worms that will be hard or even impossible to control?

Lol, that was just an expression.

They just need to get rid of the terrorism creating system in that country - and Qatar. These two countries are the axis of evil. Too much oil money with absolutely nothing productive to spend it on, apart from funding Islamic savages everywhere.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
stevecantrell:

1-ISIS leader 'Al Baghdadi' has been outed as the son of a Jewish father and a Jewish mother.
His real name is actually Shimon - (jewish for Simon).

That was ASSAD's propaganda to turn ISIS on itself.
Al Baghdadi is not Jewish!

Must you guys blame the Jews for everything including your lack of common sense?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by rexibity(m): 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
animalistic beasts!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by stevecantrell: 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
PvtParts2:

That was ASSAD's propaganda to turn ISIS on itself.
Al Baghdadi is not Jewish!

Must you guys blame the Jews for everything including your lack of common sense?

I can't argue with every passionate fool here.
If you have a better argument present it with and back it up and I will do the same.

Being an uncouth hot-head will get you nowhere with me, very fast.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by 50calibre(m): 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
SirShymex:

It's tough to do that, when the country is projecting globalisation and mulit-culturalism on the outside - while trying to maintain its influence in weaker countries. Once you get tougher, and become a country that looks somewhat racist, then it will be difficult to project that global superpower image you benefit from immensely.

Trust me, with that evidence - that can't be charged for anything. They'll just be questioned and monitored. Or perhaps, when they return - they might be barred from leaving the country for a few years. And Iraq government can't jail UK nationals - the foreign office will be forced to fight for their extradition. The US does get away with it sometimes due to the relationship between the two countries, but definitely not Iraq.

MI6 is like CIA. While FBI does the job of MI5 and Scotland Yard. Bruv, MI5 is miles ahead of FBI, it's not even close in terms of homeland intelligence gathering. Heck, the yanks have talked about creating something that looks like MI5 within FBI. And don't ever pray for Scotland Yard to be on your case - if that ever happens - you're fvcked lol. The only reason why there are tons of Brits out there fighting is because they're aware and those guys went there to fight Gaddafi, and subsequently Assad. There are tons of Americans, Aussies, and Canadians fighting for ISIS as well.

You can check all these American links about FBI vs. MI5:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sleeper/fbi/mi5.html
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90959
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2006/08/21/domestic-intelligence-fbi-vs-mi5
http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/we-dont-need-our-own-mi5

@ the highlighted, Yeah that's correct.

Honestly speaking, id rather have Scotland Yard on my case that the FBI, wasn't Adebolajo on Scotland yard's radar? Scotland Yard is extremely effective, but at the same time, their powers have boundaries imposed by the law. The FBI's powers in the US are almost limitless, american law gives them a lot of power.

I've gone through those links, they are old bruv 2006... That's 8 years ago.

Besides they're trying to highlight the necessity of creating an American version of MI5 because the FBI are more tailored to deal with criminal investigations & not surveillance/intelligence.

MI5/MI6 are also very effective, but their efficacy can be attributed to the co operation between UK & US intelligence. It's a mutually beneficial relationship, with Britain more reliant on the US, and why not? The FBI pull resources with the likes of NSA (which alone is the biggest surveillance organisation) , Homeland security & the CIA.

Britain hands over data of British citizens to the US, but the US doesn't.

In terms of scale, they're not the same, the FBI alone is far larger, than MI5 & MI6 combined. Loool better don't fall into the hands of anything American else you're smoke, even Britain can't save you grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
stevecantrell:

I can't argue with every passionate fool here.
If you have a better argument present it with and back it up and I will do the same.

Being an uncouth hot-head will get you nowhere with me, very fast.

tin foil fool I guess you graduated from internetz college of disinfo

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by lollarj(f): 11:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
PvtParts2:

tin foil fool I guess you graduated from internetz college of disinfo

He said present your argument, and this is your (college educated) response ? That's it ?

At least, I know who to ignore next time on NL Thanks.
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by lollarj(f): 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by 50calibre(m): 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
SirShymex:

It's just sad because I know a lot of those homegrown Muslims out there are definitely going to be black. And the quest to be part of something "righteous" after either being a career criminal, or just products of their environments got them there.

The black community in the UK also needs to start doing more...the only few things they ever do are all in Brixton(in London) and Handsworth(in Birmingham). These Arabs are taking us for pricks - getting black males to do their dirt with them - sad.

Er, are you going to the Carnival tomorrow?

Loool I wonder how these hate clerics could convince anybody with a brain to go an die for Allah, since Allah is so merciful & jihad so holy, why don't they go themselves? No!! They prefer to sit in the comfort of their council house claiming benefits, watching tv & going outside to incite others. It's insane!!

I was even chatting with someone few minutes ago regarding the carnival. I don't think I'm going, I'm so not in the mood but I will decide tomorrow. Are you going?
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by cadaverMortis: 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, that was just an expression.

They just need to get rid of the terrorism creating system in that country - and Qatar. These two countries are the axis of evil. Too much oil money with absolutely nothing productive to spend it on, apart from funding Islamic savages everywhere.

I just sat down and thought about the whole thing one day and i nearly went mad, the solutions are obvious but are just too much to ask for, saudi and qatar are allies of the west and i dont think they can be touched, qatar funds hamas and even distabilises other mid. east countries to their own advantage, western arms producing countries quietly supply their arms, these countries with the highest arms shipment are the same ones on the security council permanent seat, its nauseating, the US is either clueless abt mid. east or are playing them to their sinister advantage and then play up public sentiments when things spiral out of control, conspiracy theory is endless on this issue, its a hard knot bro.

IMO i think arab countries deserve the kinda leader the have status quo ante, ruthless leaders who crush any form of dissent and radicalization brutally, the west sees it as an infringement on the ppls right, not knowing the the mind of the arab is not pro democratic or western oriented, just like you cant understand japanese and their honor suicide glorification tradition, the US tries to define everyone through their scope and limited knowledge, any attempt to change these leaders always end in chaos and introduction of harder, pro islamic ones, libya, egypt, iraq, syria comes to mind, the funders are either US, qatar or saudi in all cases, either covertly or subtly, its really one hard nut, my biggest fear now is the tending towards radicalisation of secular muslim turkey lately, if this happens then there is REAL problem, and i can see the fingerprints of the usual suspects and villians, but no one is talking yet
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 24, 2014
lollarj:

I said present your argument, and you this is your response ? That's it ?

At least, I know who to ignore next time. Thanks.

COMING from a conspiracy theorists brain drain.

Shekau is also Jewish and you can add the entire Zeta gang in Mexico.

A fool is an irredeemable dunce because he assumes he/she knows sh1t.

How can Al Baghdadi be Jewish, Mr. CIA?
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:
@ the highlighted, Yeah that's correct.

Honestly speaking, id rather have Scotland Yard on my case that the FBI, wasn't Adebolajo on Scotland yard's radar? Scotland Yard is extremely effective, but at the same time, their powers have boundaries imposed by the law. The FBI's powers in the US are almost limitless, american law gives them a lot of power.

I've gone through those links, they are old bruv 2006... That's 8 years ago.

Besides they're trying to highlight the necessity of creating an American version of MI5 because the FBI are more tailored to deal with criminal investigations & not surveillance/intelligence.

MI5/MI6 are also very effective, but their efficacy can be attributed to the co operation between UK & US intelligence. It's a mutually beneficial relationship, with Britain more reliant on the US, and why not? The FBI pull resources with the likes of NSA (which alone is the biggest surveillance organisation) , Homeland security & the CIA.

Britain hands over data of British citizens to the US, but the US doesn't.

In terms of scale, they're not the same, the FBI alone is far larger, than MI5 & MI6 combined. Loool better don't fall into the hands of anything American else you're smoke, even Britain can't save you grin

That means you've never seen Scotland Yard in action. Not as militarised as FBI and everything American, but in terms of effectiveness, intelligence gathering, surveillance, and criminal investigations - FBI isn't even close. Even when it comes to high-tech. The UK isn't just a police country for anything - it prides itself in effective policing. More time, they just have to navigate through the law - but they're supremely efficient.

That was why I said: FBI does the job of both Scotland Yard and MI5. Even Scotland Yard is more effective than FBI. Compare the number of unsolved crimes in both countries, and effective policing. FBI is just militarised and perhaps that's what they're trying to bring to UK airports since people would be against any form of high handedness by UK law enforcement agencies on Brits.

You're obfuscating things by bringing MI6 and foreign intelligence into it. Homeland security is UK's responsibility and it doesn't share any of that with the yanks. It's not about how big you're, it's about how effective you're. The UK is a police country with CCTV everywhere...the big brother is always watching. They're not as loud as militarised as FBI - but supremely more effective. Don't let hollywood fool you, just stay away from anything that will get either MI5 or Scotland Yard on your case. Once they're on it, they'll bring you down even if there's no paper-trail.
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by cadaverMortis: 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
50calibre:

Loool I wonder how these hate clerics could convince anybody with a brain to go an die for Allah, since Allah is so merciful & jihad so holy, why don't they go themselves? No!! They prefer to sit in the comfort of their council house claiming benefits, watching tv & going outside to incite others. It's insane!!

I was even chatting with someone few minutes ago regarding the carnival. I don't think I'm going, I'm so not in the mood but I will decide tomorrow. Are you going?

You might go mad just trying to figure it out bro, its beyond common sense, really.

I think th UK is too tough on these radicals, they should have their citizenship revoked and sent packing, but i suppose their mother country wont accept them.
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by lollarj(f): 11:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
PvtParts2:

COMING from a conspiracy theorists brain drain.

Shekau is also Jewish and you can add the entire Zeta gang in Mexico.

A fool is an irredeemable dunce because he assumes he/she knows sh1t.

How can Al Baghdadi be Jewish, Mr. CIA?

He said, present your case...not run off your mouth..my goodness ! I hope you get a reply.
Off to bed. Goodnite !
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
lollarj:

He said, present your case...not run off your mouth..my goodness ! I hope you get a reply.
Off to bed. Goodnite !

SHIFT!
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Ekundayo7: 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
DavidRossi:

Next time just use this:

Its lethal to the likes of Ekundayo7 and his species. grin
And just what species might that be? The one with a brain, logic, reasoning, foresight, hindsight and the ability to live in the present fully cognizant of what is the correct thing to do under both God and for Man? Scientists have long held that in case of nuclear war, cockroaches would be the likely survivors on planet earth. Thank you for respecting my longevity and tenacity with such comparison. While part of the branch of primates that thinks itself indestructible, your kind and your species will be left in rigour mortis with your proverbial thumb up yer a33 wondering what happened. Cheers!
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by stevecantrell: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
lollarj:

Off to bed. Goodnite !

*yawn* Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
stevecantrell:

*yawn* Goodnight.

YEH. Go rest that autistic brain of yours.

Don't forget your tin foil hat. It prevents the jews from reading your thoughts and stealing your credit card details.

olodo
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
ademega: Imaging within days finding a masked man!!! And shekarau talking shi*t all the time with uncovered face and no one could find him for years. Its serious .
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 25, 2014
uwaoge: Days after the shocking and heartbreaking video of kidnapped US photographer,James Foley being killed was released, the US and UK have vowed to find the killer and bring justice. Looks like it didn't take them too long.They used clues from his eyes and reports from former hostages.. Here is a report by Mailonline..

It emerged as reports suggested that British intelligence services had identified the true identity of the terrorist who beheaded Mr Foley – as seen in a video which shocked the world - known as 'Jihadi John'.A key suspect is 23-year-old Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, a rapper who until a year ago lived with his family in their £1m home in the affluent London area of Maida Vale,
but recently appeared on social media grasping a severed head, an anonymous government source told The Sunday Times.British Special Forces hunting the killer of James Foley are using an array of sophisticated equipment to track him down – and possibly free other hostages being held.
In the past 48 hours a ‘significant force’ of SAS soldiers and signallers have deployed to northern Iraq, joining Iraqi and Kurdish units fighting IS.
They have separated into four-man teams and are accompanying local troops in an attempt to capture British jihadis, identify them and establish links to Jihadi John.

SEE MORE.. http://www./2014/08/breaking-news-isis-terrorist-who.html

Everyone who is a Muslim is a potential terrorist
Because Islam is a spirit
That spirit can cause anyone of them with the " right tutelage" to kill at any moment.
Jesus is the way

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 25, 2014
Billyonaire: Shymmex, this is no time for conspiracy theories. You are in the Uk, so be careful with the truth you type while sitting in your apartment in the UK, using a UK ISP to connect to the worldwideweb. You are being watched, not even the best of vpn and tunnellers can save you from your truth. There as certain reasons that some of us chose to live in our fatherland.

A word is enough...for...

He has no clue what could happen to him,spewing garbage online
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

He has no clue what could happen to him,spewing garbage online

shymex is a ret@rd.

only NL dunces take him serious

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by FXElixir: 12:15am On Aug 25, 2014
PvtParts2:

YEH. Go rest that autistic brain of yours.

Don't forget your tin foil hat. It prevents the jews from reading your thoughts and stealing your credit card details.

olodo

Ol' boy dis ya monika get as e be o.
Which one be "private parts" again ?

As for me, if "private part" wan fight me inside nairaland I no go reply. Male "private part" for that matter.
E no good for d image to dey fight with "private part". I no blame am.

Take heart bro. Lollzzz !
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 25, 2014
Islam is a problem to the world
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by 50calibre(m): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2014
SirShymex:

That means you've never seen Scotland Yard in action. Not as militarised as FBI and everything American, but in terms of effectiveness, intelligence gathering, surveillance, and criminal investigations - FBI isn't even close. Even when it comes to high-tech. The UK isn't just a police country for anything - it prides itself in effective policing. More time, they just have to navigate through the law - but they're supremely efficient.

That was why I said: FBI does the job of both Scotland Yard and MI5. Even Scotland Yard is more effective than FBI. Compare the number of unsolved crimes in both countries, and effective policing. FBI is just militarised and perhaps that's what they're trying to bring to UK airports since people would be against any form of high handedness by UK law enforcement agencies on Brits.

You're obfuscating things by bringing MI6 and foreign intelligence into it. Homeland security is UK's responsibility and it doesn't share any of that with the yanks. It's not about how big you're, it's about how effective you're. The UK is a police country with CCTV everywhere...the big brother is always watching. They're not as loud as militarised as FBI - but supremely more effective. Don't let hollywood fool you, just stay away from anything that will get either MI5 or Scotland Yard on your case. Once they're on it, they'll bring you down even if there's no paper-trail.

I'm not talking of militarisation, Scotland Yard can also be as militarised when it needs to be. I'm inclined to disagree that Scotland Yard does a better job than the FBI in terms of effectiveness, intelligence gathering, surveillance, and criminal investigations.

There is no effective way to measure the both of them against each other, so all we can do, is go by what we know already. First of all, in terms of crime, the UK is no where near the US on any level, the amount of investigative effort & surveillance needed in the UK is no where near that of the US.

This is a comparison of size, the UK is a police state, that's true!! it's size makes it easily police-able, and Scotland Yard (almost as big/if not bigger than the FBI) is tasked with protecting a country smaller than some US states, so this isn't a fair comparison.

Performance can only be judged by the results they yield, can the supremely effective Scotland Yard put an accurate number on the British jihadis fighting in places like Syria, Libya & Iraq? FBI coming to UK airports is a sign of america's loss of faith in Britain's ability to effectively police it's borders and I don't think for one seconds that Brits will take abuse at their hands more lightly because it's the FBI.

Scotland's yards powers are limited by the law, British law is very lenient in comparison to that if the US, that's why Jihadis have it easy, they get away with things they dare not try in the US and that the problem. It doesn't matter how effective & sophisticated Scotland yards is, if they can't act with force where necessary.

My point is, when it comes to stopping terrorism (home & away) the FBI has much more resources at its disposal than Scotland Yard, there's a constant line of communication between the FBI & Scotland Yard.
Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 25, 2014
PvtParts2:

shymex is a ret@rd.

only NL dunces take him serious

Your crippled eunuch pops is a re.tard - you bastard son and a product of artificial insemination. How many times am I gonna tell you visa scrounging plonkers to stop quoting me? You and wretched old hag babyosisi need to keep me out of ya mentions. Stop talking to me.

And I don't need ya fvcking advice. You fvckers think they just arrest folks posting their opinions on cyberspace and lock them up for no reason, no? When you need information about how GCHQ works, and what's within people's rights to say, what not to say, and how information is collated - get on ya knees with ya stark illiterate ar.ses and ask me.

Sod off, phaggot and keep me out of your mentions. And what type of id.iot calls himself "Pvtparts" anyway?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 25, 2014
50calibre:
I'm not talking of militarisation, Scotland Yard can also be as militarised when it needs to be. I'm inclined to disagree that Scotland Yard does a better job than the FBI in terms of effectiveness, intelligence gathering, surveillance, and criminal investigations.

There is no effective way to measure the both of them against each other, so all we can do, is go by what we know already. First of all, in terms of crime, the UK is no where near the US on any level, the amount of investigative effort & surveillance needed in the UK is no where near that of the US.

This is a comparison of size, the UK is a police state, that's true!! it's size makes it easily police-able, and Scotland Yard (almost as big/if not bigger than the FBI) is tasked with protecting a country smaller than some US states, so this isn't a fair comparison.

Performance can only be judged by the results they yield, can the supremely effective Scotland Yard put an accurate number on the British jihadis fighting in places like Syria, Libya & Iraq? FBI coming to UK airports is a sign of america's loss of faith in Britain's ability to effectively police it's borders and I don't think for one seconds that Brits will take abuse at their hands more lightly because it's the FBI.

Scotland's yards powers are limited by the law, British law is very lenient in comparison to that if the US, that's why Jihadis have it easy, they get away with things they dare not try in the US and that the problem. It doesn't matter how effective & sophisticated Scotland yards is, if they can't act with force where necessary.

My point is, when it comes to stopping terrorism (home & away) the FBI has much more resources at its disposal than Scotland Yard, there's a constant line of communication between the FBI & Scotland Yard.

I don't really want to turn the thread into MI5/Scotland-Yard vs FBI thing. However, once you look at how CCTV cameras are everywhere in the UK, forensics, databases, effective policing and other miscellaneous things, you can't compare the two. Let me start with the simplest one: everytime you get arrested in the UK, even for the simplest thing you won't get charged for - they'll take your fingerprints, palm prints, and sometimes even your DNA. That shows what they've got on the system, so you can't even claim more than one identity to the feds.

Also, how can the US which has the most porus borders help the UK secure its borders? That just doesn't make sense. The over militarisation and Americanisation of the police here is something that folks won't accept. However, some feds do carry weapons - undercovers, a few departments within the local police force(I've been arrested by them once for assault but I wasn't charged), Trident(black on black gang crime), and those from Scotland Yard. The only reason why they will allow FBI at the airport is because it's more or less an international space, not for homeland security. And that's basically because they want might want them to do their dirty work for them.

Anyway, I honestly don't think you've ever been in any problem involving the police in the UK, and how investigation is done. If and when you ever have to deal with them, you will get a better picture. And where was the FBI when 9/11 happened? The boston bombings? etc..

We can agree to disagree. I need to hit the sheets - nice chat regardless.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS.. ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked (photos) by 50calibre(m): 2:23am On Aug 25, 2014
SirShymex:

I don't really want to turn the thread into MI5/Scotland-Yard vs FBI thing. However, once you look at how CCTV cameras are everywhere in the UK, forensics, databases, effective policing and other miscellaneous things, you can't compare the two. Let me start with the simplest one: everytime you get arrested in the UK, even for the simplest thing you won't get charged for - they'll take your fingerprints, palm prints, and sometimes even your DNA. That shows what they've got on the system, so you can't even claim more than one identity to the feds.

Also, how can the US which has the most porus borders help the UK secure its borders? That just doesn't make sense. The over militarisation and Americanisation of the police here is something that folks won't accept. However, some feds do carry weapons - undercovers, a few departments within the local police force(I've been arrested by them once for assault but I wasn't charged), Trident(black on black gang crime), and those from Scotland Yard. The only reason why they will allow FBI at the airport is because it's more or less an international space, not for homeland security. And that's basically because they want might want them to do their dirty work for them.

Anyway, I honestly don't think you've ever been in any problem involving the police in the UK, and how investigation is done. If and when you ever have to deal with them, you will get a better picture. And where was the FBI when 9/11 happened? The boston bombings? etc..

We can agree to disagree. I need to hit the sheets - nice chat regardless.

Lool and you think these things aren't present in the US, are you forgetting that aside the FBI, there are various police departments? A national police database is a common thing in most advanced countries, the process of arresting & logging people's prints into that database is nothing new.

Well you are right lets not deviate this thread however I will say this: FBI on UK soil is not a new thing, it's not the first time. Folks feel uncomfortable but there's nothing that can be done about it, it's already happening, the first batch flies in this morning. I also don't think they'd be heavy handed or actively involved in border operations, they're just here to assist the British forces, nothing more!!

Looool I've had a few run-ins with the police , nothing major though, I'm not a criminal just minor anti-social & driving offences however I've been a victim of burglary, theft, gang assault and turned down the request to testify against a prolific thief who stole from me, so I'm no stranger to police investigative process.

Well lets hope that such police efficiency is appropriately applied so we can avoid another 7/7

Peace!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza / #KenyaDecides2022: IEBC Records 56.17% Turnout, Even Before The Close Of Voting / How Is Nelson Mandela An Africa Hero?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.