Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup (2508 Views)

Proposal For Stocking Of Soya Beans For Our Factory / List Of Startup Accelerators And Incubators In Nigeria / Investors Needed In A Nigeria Internet Start-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
Good day all, my team and I are launching an e-commerce soon, October precisely. However like most startups, we are faced with insufficient startup capital. But we can't let this stop us, therefore we have devised a way to by-pass this problem after being turned down by investors who will only invest in existing business, which is understandable. (I was even stood up by a supposed investor once.)

We believe in our idea and with the innovations we'll be bringing into the industry, in terms of pricing, logistics and delivery, customer service etc, we'll definitely shoot up in record time. We also have plans to expand to other countries in Africa, Europe and Asia in a few years time.

We need more money than we have if we are to make a stamp at kick-off, because we'll be going up against established competitors whose advertising warchest may be double or triple the worth of our startup, to this end we need investors who will partner with us in the stocking our warehouse. Here's how it works:

You (the investor) pick an investing option based on your financial strength, we'll link you up with the suppliers we have and will still identify, you can either keep them with you, and we'll come cash-in-hand whenever we receive an order for a product you have ( you have to live in lagos ) or let us keep the products in our warehouse, and we'll pay you either daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on your choice ( You must at least have a representative that lives in Lagos )

Why we chose this option as against taking the monies directly is that it provides more security, as you'll have control over the products, if you choose to keep them. And it'll make it easier for you to trust us.

At launch we'll floating 10 categories of products ranging from fashion to books and media and we'll need at least N1m to stock our online store.

The financing options are as follows: N200,000 N170,000 N150,000 N100,000 N70,000 and N50,000.

All investors will also have to commit an additional N5,000 which will be added to the advertising budget we have, the N5,000 will however be returned at an agreed time.

If you are a supplier, importer or a manufacturer, you can also join in.

If you have any questions, you can post them here.

Once we have reached our target we'll host all potential investors to a lunch where we'll show our business plan and proposal.

Thanks.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
manufacturers and suppliers are welcome as well.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Angelstartups(f): 12:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Look no further,register as an Entrepreneur on angelstartups.com.ng,its free to meet investors.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by fyxboss(m): 12:38am On Sep 11, 2014
Angelstartups: Look no further,register as an Entrepreneur on angelstartups.com.ng,its free to meet investors.
pls can u pls give me ur number,we need to talk
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Angelstartups(f): 1:02am On Sep 11, 2014
Contact us via:admin@angelstartups.com.ng
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by 100ksalescom(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2014
Hello Negro1,

You referred me to your link from my thread.

contact me on info_100k@yahoo.com
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
100ksalescom: Hello Negro1,

You referred me to your link from my thread.

contact me on info_100k@yahoo.com
Sent a mail
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Heleex: 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
Negro1: Good day all, my team and I are launching an e-commerce soon, October precisely. However like most startups, we are faced with insufficient startup capital. But we can't let this stop us, therefore we have devised a way to by-pass this problem after being turned down by investors who will only invest in existing business, which is understandable. (I was even stood up by a supposed investor once.)

We believe in our idea and with the innovations we'll be bringing into the industry, in terms of pricing, logistics and delivery, customer service etc, we'll definitely shoot up in record time. We also have plans to expand to other countries in Africa, Europe and Asia in a few years time.

We need more money than we have if we are to make a stamp at kick-off, because we'll be going up against established competitors whose advertising warchest may be double or triple the worth of our startup, to this end we need investors who will partner with us in the stocking our warehouse. Here's how it works:

You (the investor) pick an investing option based on your financial strength, we'll link you up with the suppliers we have and will still identify, you can either keep them with you, and we'll come cash-in-hand whenever we receive an order for a product you have ( you have to live in lagos ) or let us keep the products in our warehouse, and we'll pay you either daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on your choice ( You must at least have a representative that lives in Lagos )

Why we chose this option as against taking the monies directly is that it provides more security, as you'll have control over the products, if you choose to keep them. And it'll make it easier for you to trust us.

At launch we'll floating 10 categories of products ranging from fashion to books and media and we'll need at least N1m to stock our online store.

The financing options are as follows: N200,000 N170,000 N150,000 N100,000 N70,000 and N50,000.

All investors will also have to commit an additional N5,000 which will be added to the advertising budget we have, the N5,000 will however be returned at an agreed time.

Once we have reached our target we'll host all potential investors to a lunch where we'll show our business plan and proposal.

Thanks.

If you think you have a great business plan, then why not source for loan from the bank and keep it rolling.

1 Like

Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
Heleex:

If you think you have a great business plan, then why not source for loan from the bank and keep it rolling.
not easy especially with the fact that most of what we can drop as collateral are either co-owned with other parties or under installmental payment
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Heleex: 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Negro1:
not easy especially with the fact that most of what we can drop as collateral are either co-owned with other parties or under installmental payment

You should have a business plan by now.
What are the various investment portfolios?
What steps will be taken to cover prospective investors from any possible risks?
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
Heleex:

What steps will be taken to cover prospective investors from any possible risks?
1. Of course, there is a business plan
2. Please rephrase ur question, investment portfolio refers to something else in a different industry, but if u mean investment vehicles, we're considering just this method for now to reduce risks.
3. Apart from the option of investors keeping the products they invested in, the plans and infrastructure we have in place will ensure that our investors dont record losses and that products are sold quickly. A private conversation is needed in this respect
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Heleex:

I got a pm alert but no mail, so i'll send u one
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Kennyfancy(m): 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
am intrested
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by luqken: 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hello Negro, i am interested but i want to be careful wt my savings. what assurance do i get? like signing contract documents binding under d law.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by luqken: 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hello Negro, i am interested but i want to be careful wt my savings. what assurance do i get? like signing contract documents binding under d law.
kennybiotics@yahoo.com
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by bassdow: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
Am readily available and interested. Contact me or drop your contact so we can discuss further. We also offer services that would be of benefit to you.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by jackson44(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Negro1:
Good day all, my team and I are launching an e-commerce soon, October precisely. However like most startups, we are faced with insufficient startup capital. But we can't let this stop us, therefore we have devised a way to by-pass this problem after being turned down by investors who will only invest in existing business, which is understandable. (I was even stood up by a supposed investor once.)

Thanks.
I like this, but how do I contact u.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
luqken:
kennybiotics@yahoo.com
i sent u a mail some time ago sir, no reply yet
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
bassdow:
Am readily available and interested. Contact me or drop your contact so we can discuss further. We also offer services that would be of benefit to you.

Thanks
Bassdow (at) yahoo.com
i'll call u sir
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
jackson44:
I like this, but how do I contact u.
i'll reply u now sir
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by jackson44(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2014
Negro1:
i'll reply u now sir
seen and reply already,Kindly give me an urgent response ASAP.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by elvis19900: 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
I need to understand this, will this person retain a stake or just sale the products to you and make profit..pls make it more clearer

Negro1:

Thanks.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Negro1: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
elvis19900:
I need to understand this, will this person retain a stake or just sale the products to you and make profit..pls make it more clearer

it will benefit d investor more to just sell the product because the process of building a strong brand is a process that will take years.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Ikonz(m): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
I am interested.

Email me: ikon_beny@yahoo.co.uk
Or
Whatsapp on 07030933924 for faster communication.
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by EKPETI(m): 10:14am On Oct 28, 2014
I am in too. My email is fekpeti@yahoo.com and my number is 08064092991. Thanks
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by Humanbeans(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2014
I'm interested, reach me via oayorinde gmail com
Re: Investors Needed For Stocking An E-commerce Startup by stechi(m): 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
Negro1:
Good day all, my team and I are launching an e-commerce soon, ........
All investors will also have to commit an additional N5,000 which will be added to the advertising budget we have, the N5,000 will however be returned at an agreed time.........
Thanks.

Interestedly following.
I would send you a PM indicating the financing option I can afford.

(1) (Reply)

Bye Bye / An Investment With #500k / The Most Reliable Bitcoin Investment I Have Ever Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.