Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site (2163 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / South Africa's ANC Calls Israeli Ambassador To Leave The Country / Israel Shoots Down Unidentified Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
Iran claims its Revolutionary Guards have shot down an Israeli drone they believed was targeting the country’s controversial nuclear site near Tehran.

The Guards issued a statement on their site on Sunday claiming to have downed the radar-evading drone near its uranium enrichment facility in Natanz, 150 miles south of Iran’s capital, Tehran.

Iranian state news agency ISNA cited the statement in its report, and said: “The downed aircraft was the stealth, radar-evasive type and it indented to penetrate the off-limit nuclear area in Natanz… but was targeted by a ground-to-air missile before it managed to enter the area.”

The Revolutionary Guards did not say when they shot the drone down, or how they knew it was from Israel. The Israeli military said it did not comment on foreign reports.

Iran’s nuclear programme, which it claims is peaceful, is currently the subject of intense negotiations with world powers, who are concerned that Iran could be using the programme to build a nuclear bomb.

A final deal is being negotiated with Iran regarding the nuclear programme, following the completion of a deal last November that saw sanctions eased in exchange for Iran limiting its uranium enrichment.

Iran claims the nuclear programme is intended to generate electricity and medical research.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iran-shoots-down-israeli-drone-at-nuclear-site-9688359.html
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Hadone(m): 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Some people are just taking Iran as a joke, when the country always shows the world who she is.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Oklander: 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
Okay
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hadone: Some people are just taking Iran as a joke, when the country always shows the world who she is.
Israel is trying so hard to stop Iran and the rest of the Arab world from giving birth to bouncing baby nukes. That is the only thing Israel have to scare the Arab world from grouping against them and if Iran acquire it then it's over! Since Israel is a strong ally of the West, Russia have plans on using Iran against them. Russia will go ahead and cut a seperate nuclear deal with Iran soon just to aggrivate the UN, the West and America. Hmmm...Interesting days ahead!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by meforyou1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
God bless Iran.
Does isreal think Iran is Palestine?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: Israel is trying so hard to stop Iran and the rest of the Arab world from giving birth to bouncing baby nukes. That is the only thing Israel have to scare the Arab world from grouping against them and if Iran acquiring it then it's over! Since Israel is a strong ally of the West, Russia have plans on using Iran against them. Russia will go ahead and cut a seperate nuclear deal with Iran soon just to aggrivate the UN, the West and America. Hmmm...Interesting days ahead!
What is interesting about such ! HumanBeing we aint wise afterall !!
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
donroxy: What is interesting about such ! HumanBeing we aint wise afterall !!
What isn't interesting about it? Two regions are about to get at each other head on! With one side having the support of the entire West and the other having the support of the Russia and part of the East. This could evolved into a full blown world war that can change your life forever. It should be interesting.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
If Israel can own nuclear weapon without being a signatory to the non-proliferation treaty, why can't Iran and North korea own ?

The fear that the so called rogue states will nuke Israel to justify Israel's acquisition of nuclear weapon is the same reason why syria, Iran and North korea are so keen on arming themselves with nuclear weapon in order to deter any nuclear attack.

The world needs those state to maintain balance of power because nuclear deterrence has proved not to be a suitable solution to eradicate wars among states.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: What isn't interesting about it? Two regions are about to get at each other head on! With one side having the support of the entire West and the other having the support of the Russia and part of the East. This could evolved into a full blown world war that can change your life forever. It should be interesting
Far from Interesting , it is craziness cuz ur values and virtues could also go into extinction and your remains could also become Nothing !!
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
donroxy: Far from Interesting , it is craziness cuz ur values and virtues could also go into extinction and your remains could also become Nothing !!
True. But what can you do to stop it? We are just spectators.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ok
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
Bluetooth2:
If Israel can own nuclear weapon without being a signatory to the non-proliferation treaty, why can't Iran and North korea own ?

The fear that the so called rogue states will nuke Israel to justify Israel's acquisition of nuclear weapon is the same reason why syria, Iran and North korea are so keen on arming themselves with nuclear weapon in order to deter any nuclear attack.

The world needs those state to maintain balance of power because nuclear deterrence has proved not to be a suitable solution to eradicate wars among states.
The self acclaim Police of the world made that rule. For some unusual reasons Russia invasion of crimea is wrong while Saudi invasion of Bahrain & their invasion of Iraq is justified.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by psucc(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
Before we go APC and PDP, let's hear from both ears.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: True. But what can you do to stop it? We are just spectators.
Nope we aint, They will stop one another before this craze gets outa bound !! ..... Tis all about compromise !!
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Donmarrius: 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
meforyou1: God bless Iran.
Does isreal think Iran is Palestine?
you are now applauding Iran,for shooting down Israeli drone.Trust Israel,they knows how to pay back,in greater measures.Ask me why i dropped my Action Letter to the UN,at the pick of Israel's action of Gaza.well,your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
No Arab nation should be allowed to get nuclear power to forestall any of their leader waking up from the wrong side of the bed someday shouting: Allahu akbar, allahu akbar while commanding his defense to nuke 'ïnfidel' nation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by meforyou1(m): 6:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donmarrius:
you are now applauding Iran,for shooting down Israeli drone.Trust Israel,they knows how to pay back,in greater measures.Ask me why i dropped my Action Letter to the UN,at the pick of Israel's action of Gaza.well,your guess is as good as mine.
isreal can't do anything to iran.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donmarrius:
This isn't your average Palestinian vs Israel brouhaha. Gaza is a very densely populated area roughly the size of Lagos, they used bombs that can hardly kill a cat against Israel while israel used highly sophisticated weapons, bombarding tiny gaza from Land, air and sea! Iran is a different ballgame entirely...Iran have surface to air missiles, they have jets, warships and lot of weapons that can match that of Israel. Iran is a country not a tiny region. Yes! Israel will win Iran in a war but at what costs? Those two countries will completely destroy themselves. Israel last resorts will be the Nukes,If Iran doesn't acquire theirs soon that would give Israel the upper hand. Anyway, Whatever the outcome they would be no winner in reality.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by daniellle(f): 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2014
wow it's so tense there, good there r no nuclear weapons involved. sad
poor inhabitants of those regions. cry cry cry
[img]http:///juw[/img]
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by mohammad11: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hmmm
*Reading your candid opinions on this matter*

**Hoping to read something good from ur posts**
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
This Middle east of a place is cursed. These endless problems they have will lead to serious global consequences if care is not taken. One urges all those callling for military escalation to beware of the potential unpredictable consequences of such action.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by cirmuell(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: True. But what can you do to stop it? We are just spectators.
ish excites you now right? when sh¡t hits the fan, you'll know that you won't just be a phucking spectators.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Donmarrius: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Imagine arming Jim of 31yrs with Nuclear weapon!.
Imaggine allowing Syria to acquire nuclear weapon,with her numerous militias,ISIS inclusive!
Imagine Iran with her numerous muslim extremists,being armed with nuclear weapon,without measures,to curtail their excesses.
For record purpose,i have been a global player,in the cause for the advancement of world peace.May not be a major player for now,but am doing it harder,and i have got nothing to prove to you,either you belief,or you get going.forget my tribal unslaught here,nairaland made me assume that posture,but in real life,.....
What am saying is that,i have been oppurtuned to have access to some classified information,as regards why UN is mounting pressure,on the afore-mentioned countries,part of which i have indirectly relayed to you.
So,any man that wishes our world peace,should grossly reject the proliferation of nuclear weapons,let alone by those countries with porous military,and strong militias.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by BrokenTV: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
SeaGold: No Arab nation should be allowed to get nuclear power to forestall any of their leader waking up from the wrong side of the bed someday shouting: Allahu akbar, allahu akbar while commanding his defense to nuke 'ïnfidel' nation
This comment got me rolling on the floor.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Donmarrius: 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: This isn't your average Palestinian vs Israel brouhaha. Gaza is a very densely populated area roughly the size of Lagos, they used bombs that can hardly kill a cat against Israel while israel used highly sophisticated weapons, bombarding tiny gaza from Land, air and sea! Iran is a different ballgame entirely...Iran have surface to air missiles, they have jets, warships and lot of weapons that can match that of Israel. Iran is a country not a tiny region. Yes! Israel will win Iran in a war but at what costs? Those two countries will completely destroy themselves. Israel last resorts will be the Nukes,If Iran doesn't acquire theirs soon that would give Israel the upper hand. Anyway, Whatever the outcome they would be no winner in reality.
Good you know Israel will win Iran!!!.
Another area you foreclosed,is the would-be role,of the invisible hands of the veto-power blocks,which you quite know,is Israeli's allies,the US,the UK,and what have you.
Israel,is the eyes and hand of the US,in the middle east,a defeat on Israel,is a pooh on America.That's why,the world even the UN,ably influenced by Israeli major ally the US,is standing akimbo,as the leveling of Gaza is ungoing,courtsey of Israel,(though won't blame Israel).
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by TellBlazer(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
SeaGold: No Arab nation should be allowed to get nuclear power to forestall any of their leader waking up from the wrong side of the bed someday shouting: Allahu akbar, allahu akbar while commanding his defense to nuke 'ïnfidel' nation
The best comment so far,One billion likes for you bro.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donmarrius:
Good you know Israel will win Iran!!!.
Another area you foreclosed,is the would-be role,of the invisible hands of the veto-power blocks,which you quite know,is Israeli's allies,the US,the UK,and what have you.
Israel,is the eyes and hand of the US,in the middle east,a defeat on Israel,is a pooh on America.That's why,the world even the UN,ably influenced by Israeli major ally the US,is standing akimbo,as the leveling of Gaza is ungoing,courtsey of Israel,(though won't blame Israel).
.....But at what cost? It is like fighting with another man and you lost all your limbs even as a winner. Your life would never be the same again, the scars would remained forever! Israel would rather aviod a fight with Iran even if they know they would emerged as winners basically because of the full backings they got from Europe, America and the entire West. But note, if Russia step in the outcome would be different. Russia is still contemplating on becoming an ally of Iran. They decision would greatly make a huge impact in the middle east.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by lilprinze: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
No Arab country should be allowed to have nuclear weapons. Allowing the Arabs to have nuclear weapons would be the worst mistake ever. They don't have nuclear weapons but are still trying to terrorizing the whole world then what would they do if they now have nuclear weapons Only the devil knows what they would do.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
Pakistan have nukes, though i wouldn't considered them as a fully Arab nation. Only 8 countries have successfully detonated nukes and Pakistan is among them. They official language is even Urdu not Arabic. But they will most likely side Iran in an event of a war.

List of states with nuclear weapons
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Donmarrius: 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: .....But at what cost? It is like fighting with another man and you lost all your limbs even as a winner. Your life would never be the same again, the scars would remained forever! Israel would rather aviod a fight with Iran even if they know they would emerged as winners basically because of the full backings they got from Europe, America and the entire West. But note, if Russia step in the outcome would be different. Russia is still contemplating on becoming an ally of Iran. They decision would greatly make a huge impact in the middle east.
Spare me the cost stuff!
War is war!
But who wins,is the one,who was able to recover from the done-damages,and relaunch attacks,and over-run the later.that's why 'he' is a winner.
Israel has both the weaponry,the defensive mechanism,the resources,and more especially the allies,to help them,before,during and after the war.
The issue of at what cost,should be directed to iran,and not Israel.perharps you read about the 'rebuilt of Israel,after the Nazi movement'.lets i forget,US uptill date,still fund Israel.
Russia,if you aware of recent happenings,actions are on top gear,to cut-size Russia,even as the UN,has wooled sanctions on her eyes.
Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Adrenaline123(m): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
Iran don buy market, any injury inflicted on Israel will agitate the west US UK.
They will surely retaliate.

I won't support any Arab nation to get a nuclear war head.
1. They are radical
2. Terrorists orgs might hijack the facility.

Russia has been causing troubles here and there, 85% of terrorists armory are manufactured by them take for instance the AK's and so one. Russia will always support its allies mainly the Arab world and North Korea on any ground even if they are dpoing wrong. They will always castigate any western policy.
The nuclear facilities Iran claims to have was technology from Russia, thats why Russia supports them concerning oweing a nuclear facility.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Iran Shoots Down ‘israeli Drone’ At Nuclear Site by Idrismusty97(m): 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
Donmarrius:
Spare me the cost stuff!
War is war!
But who wins,is the one,who was able to recover from the done-damages,and relaunch attacks,and over-run the later.that's why 'he' is a winner.
Israel has both the weaponry,the defensive mechanism,the resources,and more especially the allies,to help them,before,during and after the war.
The issue of at what cost,should be directed to iran,and not Israel.perharps you read about the 'rebuilt of Israel,after the Nazi movement'.lets i forget,US uptill date,still fund Israel.
Russia,if you aware of recent happenings,actions are on top gear,to cut-size Russia,even as the UN,has wooled sanctions on her eyes.

Mutual assured destruction, or mutually assured destruction (MAD), is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of high-yield weapons of mass destruction by two or more opposing sides would cause the complete annihilation of both the attacker and the defender. It is based on the theory of deterrence where the threat of using strong weapons against the enemy prevents the enemy's use of those same weapons. The strategy is a form of Nash equilibrium in which neither side, once armed, has any incentive to initiate a conflict or to disarm.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction
↑ That is why i always bring up the "At what cost" stuff. Before any country goes into a full blown war they most first estimate their enemy prowess and the damage both sides would received. Why hasn't the US and Russia go into war since? Both are waiting for their opponents to strike first. And don't tell me that Republican and Democratic shīt. Even if a Republican assume presidency in the US they would still be conscious, very very conscious to start a war. This isn't a ping-pong game where you can easily spot a winner. Everybody is a loser in a war where both you and your opponent are at equal strengths, nothing change if you are just slightly better than your opponent. The damages inflicte on both sides would be the same. They is no room for that rebuilding shīt you mentioned. This isn't Holocaust, don't bring Nazis brouhaha into this. Learn more about Mutual assured destruction!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Murder Of Jamal Khashoggi Was Ordered By Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince - CIA(Pics) / Uganda Passes Death Penalty On Gays, What Do U Think? / Embarrassing Moment For Playboy Son Of An African Dictator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.