Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Social Media Managers, Lets Meet - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Social Media Managers, Lets Meet (682 Views)

2 Romantic Branch Managers (pic) / EFCC Arrests 2 Bank Managers, 4 Others Over N167.5m Scam. / EFCC Arrests 2 Bank Managers Over N661m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media Managers, Lets Meet by saints2(f): 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hello folks,

I have searched through the
web and through Nairaland
to see if a topic like this
exist but I didn't. I am about
to be employed as a Social Media Manager in a place I
submitted my CV to a couple
of weeks. My questions to
the house are,

* How do you manage your
social media job? * What technique(s) do you
use to drive traffic to the
company's page?
* How do you build your
content?
* What strategies do you put in place?

Please Be kind enough to
share your tips, experience
and what makes you succed
in this area.

Thanks.
Re: Social Media Managers, Lets Meet by saints2(f): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
Please lets share our tips and our success story, don't just view, please post your winning formula.
Re: Social Media Managers, Lets Meet by Lovetinz(m): 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
I manage a Facebook page for a Drug Firm.
I use target advertising on Facebook.
Facts, Humour and trending topics are combined with subtle messages in my posts.
Congrats on your appointment and good luck.
Re: Social Media Managers, Lets Meet by saints2(f): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
Lovetinz: I manage a Facebook page for a Drug Firm.
I use target advertising on Facebook.
Facts, Humour and trending topics are combined with subtle messages in my posts.
Congrats on your appointment and good luck.

Thanks man, I really apperciate, can you please do the breakdown analysis of how you manage yours? I am in Media management, can you share some tips? Thanks man.
Re: Social Media Managers, Lets Meet by donigspain(m): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
saints2:

Thanks man, I really apperciate, can you please do the breakdown analysis of how you manage yours? I am in Media management, can you share some tips? Thanks man.
Presently, I work as a Media Account Manager... I started as a Web Content Developer / Social Media Manager but have longed proved myself capable to handle bigger responsibility which saw me rose to the present position in few months.

I'll start by asking you to familiarise yourself with the working and function of each individual social media platform e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.

Each platform has what works for it. They all have their unique direction, message tone, lingua, emotions etc. So you must get to understand this if you want to pull traffic and increase organic engagement on your different social platforms.

Furthermore, there are certain tools you must get acquainted to. These tools will help you execute your duties effectively and even when you are not around. Don't be scared, they are easy to learn. As a matter of fact, I learnt all on my own in a period of two days. The utilities are:
- Google analytics: helps to check the performance of your website e.g. traction (visits), engagements (comments), bounce rate etc.
- Hootsuite: helps you schedule your social media update/uploads/posts. It will upload for you when you are not around.
- Mailchimp: helps you send out Daily/Weekly/Monthly Newsletters to your fans/subscribers.
- WordPress: a website/blog interface via which uploads/contents are developed and published.

Abeg, am tired of typing. I'll always be here to guide you through. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T JOIN THE "click LIKE and type AMEN" band.
Yes, they may have thousands of post LIKES and YESes but those things are called bad profit. Make your engagement MEANINGFUL, EDUCATING AND ENTERTAINING.
Re: Social Media Managers, Lets Meet by saints2(f): 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
donigspain:
Presently, I work as a Media Account Manager... I started as a Web Content Developer / Social Media Manager but have longed proved myself capable to handle bigger responsibility which saw me rose to the present position in few months.

I'll start by asking you to familiarise yourself with the working and function of each individual social media platform e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.

Each platform has what works for it. They all have their unique direction, message tone, lingua, emotions etc. So you must get to understand this if you want to pull traffic and increase organic engagement on your different social platforms.

Furthermore, there are certain tools you must get acquainted to. These tools will help you execute your duties effectively and even when you are not around. Don't be scared, they are easy to learn. As a matter of fact, I learnt all on my own in a period of two days. The utilities are:
- Google analytics: helps to check the performance of your website e.g. traction (visits), engagements (comments), bounce rate etc.
- Hootsuite: helps you schedule your social media update/uploads/posts. It will upload for you when you are not around.
- Mailchimp: helps you send out Daily/Weekly/Monthly Newsletters to your fans/subscribers.
- WordPress: a website/blog interface via which uploads/contents are developed and published.

Abeg, am tired of typing. I'll always be here to guide you through. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T JOIN THE "click LIKE and type AMEN" band.
Yes, they may have thousands of post LIKES and YESes but those things are called bad profit. Make your engagement MEANINGFUL, EDUCATING AND ENTERTAINING.

Thanks bro, God bless you. Pls can I have your mail for mentor and follow up.

Thanks
Re: Social Media Managers, Lets Meet by donigspain(m): 2:40am On Aug 29, 2014
saints2:

Thanks bro, God bless you. Pls can I have your mail for mentor and follow up. My mail is rtmajayi@gmail.com

Thanks
Add @gmail.com to my nairaland username. I don't paste my email here because of phishing agents who will bombard you with unsolicited mails.

(1) (Reply)

The New Male Birth-control Injection To Arrive In 2017 / Picture Of Me And My New Mustarch .... Nairaland Cutest / Linda Ikeji's Blog Romoured Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.