Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas (854 Views)

Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / Does Camry 1998 Model Uses Gear Oil? / Toyota Hiace ("hummer Bus") Or Ford/chevrolet Buses: Which Is Better. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by pontif: 12:11am On Aug 25, 2014
Please I need help about chevrolet tacuma 2005 model it uses fuel and gas I want to know if it will be good for use in nigeria.please a good I advise is needed.
Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by pontif: 9:04am On Aug 25, 2014
Am new to this site and I have been reading trends on the site. I reside overseas i just need advice about a car chevrolet tacuma 2005 model am trying to buy it and ship to nigeria I want to know if the car is good.please really need advise.
Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2014
Your Chevy has had an LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) conversion, meaning it'll return good gasoline mileage, as it'll be running on LPG at City speeds, depending on how it was set up.

The downside is, Nigerian "mechanics" struggle to get things right with factory automobile, that is with no post-manufacture modifications. Coping with a vehicle that's had an LPG conversion will be hit or miss, before you know it, your Checy will either be grounded, destroyed, or become a fire hazard.

I'm not sure about the availability of LPG stations in Nigeria either. In view of these issues, I would advise you to NOT even consider shipping a gas-converted automobile to Nigeria.
Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2014
pontif: Am new to this site and I have been reading trends on the site. I reside overseas i just need advice about a car chevrolet tacuma 2005 model am trying to buy it and ship to nigeria I want to know if the car is good.please really need advise.

For security reasons, don't drive around with a cylinder of liquified petroleum gas in nigeria wired up to your vehicle, a police man might mistake you for a terrorist.
Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by pontif: 1:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
The car was built with lpg and not converted. I heard that there is liquidfied petroleum gas in nigeria. Any thank for your comments.
Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
pontif: The car was built with lpg and not converted. I heard that there is liquidfied petroleum gas in nigeria. Any thank for your comments.

Even if it is a factory LPG set-up, I would NOT ship it to Nigeria. A country where the average mechanic pales at the sight of a 3.0 V6 2 x DOHC 24V in a 1989 Toyota Camry. There IS LPG in Nigeria, but are there filling stations for LPG vehicles? That have the pump with the correct fitment to dispense LPG into the tank of an LPG-equipped vehicle?

How do you go about repairs to the LPG system if faults develop? Who services the LPG system?

Well, you asked for advice, I gave my opinion. Whether you take my advice or not, is entirely down to you. It would APPEAR you've already made up your mind.

I wish you the best of luck.
Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by sultaan(m): 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
I had to google Tacuma to know what OP was talking about.

It is a version of Chevy Aveo which is made in Korea by Daewoo.

If they give it to you for free it is still not worth shipping to Nigeria IMHO.

The car is worth less than the import duty you pay on it.

1 Like

Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by xerotop(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

For security reasons, don't drive around with a cylinder of liquified petroleum gas in nigeria wired up to your vehicle, a police man might mistake you for a terrorist.

This is very funny. Most people did not get the gist here.
Imagine being stuck in traffic and u turn to your side. What do you see? A car wired to a cylinder? All in the name of using LPG?
If u are in the northern part of nigeria, u will see people jumping out of their windows, leaving their families in the car, running and screaming "bomb bomb bomb".
Pls dont try it. Could lead u into trouble. Might end up being mobbed, or even shot mistakenly.

2 Likes

Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by oblo(m): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
^^ Truth be told... grin
Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by sultaan(m): 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
Just because Nigeria has LPG and sell it to the west but use none of it.

When IBB made the deal with ENEL they didn't have the thought of using it in Nigeria so the sector is not developed as alternate fuel. The tank is in trunk unseen.there will be a toggle switch to switch between fuels LPG is cheaper and better than petrol you just don't have as many station zero for naija. For a handy person all you have to do is just fill with petrol only and deal with no cargo space
Re: Advise About Chevrolet Tacuma 2005 Model Uses Fuel And Gas by pontif: 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mr sultan that doesn't mean the chevrolet can be use in nigeria.there are ppl using the same chevrolet in Nigeria and dey are enjoying it.

(1) (Reply)

Made In Nigeria Hyundai Grand I10: Where To Buy It / Missing Car: Honda, End Of Discussion / Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.