Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo (2612 Views)

“I Know Where Buhari’s Wealth Is Hidden” – Fayose / I Don't Know Where Shekau is-Chadian President / 2015:i Saw This On The Facebook I Was Terrify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Kingspin(m): 2:32am On Aug 25, 2014
ABEOKUTA-Former President, Chief Olusegun
Obasanjo, has said he is not sure
of the right way for the country
to overcome its present
challenges and move to the path
of greatness and abundance.
Obasanjo who likened the
prevailing political – economy of
Nigeria to that witnessed by the
citizens during the era of the
Late military dictator, General.
Sanni Abacha, urged people to
take solace in the fact that tough
times don’t last but only tough
ones do.
The former President who spoke
while receiving a delegation of
the Nigerian
Market/Traders Council in
Abeokuta home, Ogun State, led
by the National President, Yeye
Osho, noted that a recent sms
message he got from a Nigerian
requesting for financial
assistance, gave the country
away as one where
the middle-class is fast
disappearing.
The delegation of about 150
persons(including the Iyalode of
Yorubaland, Chief Alaba Lawson)
from across the 36 states of the
federation had come to seek
direction from the former
President regarding the 2015
general elections.
He equally shocked the
delegation as he scrolled through
his handheld phone’s sms inbox,
retrieved the said text message
and read it out to the hearing of
the traders but assured them
that Nigerians would “survive”
the hard times like they did in
the past.
” As for me, we don’t know
where we are going yet, may
God show us the way. The way
that will take this country and
make it a great country, and
when, for me ooo, I understand
and (if) I see the way, I will tell
you, I pray that God will show
me the way, may God show you
the way.
“Tough time does not last
forever, and when tough times
comes, tough people get going,
we will keep going and we will
survive this though time.
“I told him (the SMS sender) that
we have experienced this period
in time of Abacha, all the middle
class were completely
destroyed.”
Obasanjo also recalled the
experiences a soldier and family
of doctors well known to him to
buttress his conviction that
tough times are here for real,
saying he was surprised that
such people could afford even
basic necessities befitting their
status.
He said: “I was surprised the day
a Colonel in the Army came to me
complaining that he and his
family could not afford to buy a
car.
“A friend of mine, Dr. Okoro, a
medical Doctor, his wife was also
a medical Doctor and they have
daughter too, who is also a
medical Doctor, between the
three of them, they could not
afford a new car, they had to go
to Saudi Arabia but, I pray we
will not have such a time in
Nigeria.
“We all have contribution to
make and should not leave our
responsibility on other for us to
do. If we fail to participate in
things that are meaningfully
positive for this country, you will
be a victim and we all become
victims.”
In the brief speech, Osho said
the council had tremendous
support for Obasanjo while his
eight year administration lasted.
“We had tremendous support
from you when you were in
government. As such, we deem it
necessary and as a mark of
respect to come and find out on
which direction we are going. He
had told us to wait and we shall
pass the message to our
members throughout the
country, that Baba is yet to
decide,”
www.thenationonlineng.net
Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 25, 2014
This foolish man. The country while still performing sub par is better governed today than under your rule. Boko Haram will be hung on your cowardly neck as you could not stand up for the secularity in the constitution and allowed sharia to thrive.

14 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 2:53am On Aug 25, 2014
jerseyboy: This foolish man. The country while still performing sub par is better governed today than under pyro rule. Boko Haram will be hung on your cowardly neck as you could not stand up for the secularity in the constitution and allowed sharia to thrive.
dis one na sense? Kai ,common sense is not common after all.

12 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by nerodenero: 3:13am On Aug 25, 2014
Our present predicament is the collective contributions of both past and present leaders who had failed in their responsibilities and on their mandate to govern well.The masses too contribute a lot to our problems.

The solution is for our leaders and the people to put Nigeria first and do all within our power to make the country better. It is our country, nobody can fix it if we don't do it

6 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 25, 2014
jerseyboy: This foolish man. The country while still performing sub par is better governed today than under your rule. Boko Haram will be hung on your cowardly neck as you could not stand up for the secularity in the constitution and allowed sharia to thrive.

The foolish man who signed off on sharia has the nerve to talk
A man disgraced by his own children is worried about Nigeria
See priorities

13 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by whitecat007: 4:12am On Aug 25, 2014
Does OBJ look like your foolish and stupidd father?
jerseyboy: This foolish man. The country while still performing sub par is better governed today than under your rule. Boko Haram will be hung on your cowardly neck as you could not stand up for the secularity in the constitution and allowed sharia to thrive.

12 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by whitecat007: 4:17am On Aug 25, 2014
I see you cannibals have no respect for your fathers since you are all thrown out of your homes to wander in the land of your enemies. Oloriburuku omo ibo, oya pronounce toro!
babyosisi:

See priorities

7 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 25, 2014
whitecat007: I see you cannibals have no respect for your fathers since you are all thrown out of your homes to wander in the land of your enemies. Oloriburuku omo ibo, oya pronounce toro!

Perhaps you haven't read Iyabode and Gbenga's opinion of the " father" you choose to hold a brief for or you are just being deliberately stoopid
Which one is it?
Ode

You wouldn't see anything wrong with it after all in some popular culture of a part of Nigeria,fathers can sleep with their daughters and even father their own grandchildren as prescribed by a babalawo
All na fathers
You may have a story or two to share with nairaland
Don't be shy
Go ahead

13 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by onatisi(m): 4:54am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

See priorities
is this u or someone using ur moniker? This is far below ur standard,please don't let the low standard of intellectual debate here on nairaland affect or get to you. I believe u are more than this,don't join the bandwagon un intelligent people making senseless statements here on nairaland
Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 25, 2014
onatisi: is this u or someone using ur moniker? This is far below ur standard,please don't let the low standard of intellectual debate here on nairaland affect or get to you. I believe u are more than this,don't join the bandwagon un intelligent people making senseless statements here on nairaland

What exactly is wrong with my opinion?

Did obj not sign off on sharia and set the tone for what is happening in the country
Did his children not disgrace him on the pages of newspapers,a never before seen national disgrace ?

How dare he shamelessly say he knows not where the country is going,someone who has had the opportunity to rule a nation for 11 years of it's 54 year history with nothing to show for it?
Please!

10 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by KriTic24A: 5:11am On Aug 25, 2014
We all are were we are today because everyone including the thiefing rulers believe only in themselves.
Nobody believe in Nigeria. Not to talk of growing the youths economically.
Thats is the attitude. Myself. My family. Any others can go and....
Result glaring....

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by rafiuexcel(m): 5:12am On Aug 25, 2014
Baba OBJ, waiting you they talk so na rubbish, you have the opportunity to turn things around when you are the President but failed us, you even put this oga GEJ and now you are saying rubbish.... As per the SMS, may be when you are the president you don't really have time to check your phone then but now that you a jobless you now realized that people a suffering, the poverty level remain the same Mr. Segun just that you son GEJ is trying 2 surpass were you put us. I just pity the Nigerian youths cos the country look hopeless.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by bennygreat1(m): 5:46am On Aug 25, 2014
He speaks the truth... He does not know yet.. Cos all his plans for 2015 will fail.. Only GOD knows where Nigeria will be come 2015.. My submit...

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 25, 2014
Baba Iyabo said the truth

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by DickDastardly(m): 6:01am On Aug 25, 2014
Olusegun Obasanjo will die before 2015..........note this prophesy

Meaning...

He will not see 2015
Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Genius100: 6:09am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

What exactly is wrong with my opinion?

Did obj not sign off on sharia and set the tone for what is happening in the country
Did his children not disgrace him on the pages of newspapers,a never before seen national disgrace ?

How dare he shamelessly say he knows not where the country is going,someone who has had the opportunity to rule a nation for 11 years of it's 54 year history with nothing to show for it?
Please!

Hey mo-ron, do you understand that Nigeria is a multi religious state and not a secular state? Please educate us on how OBJ signed off on Sharia? You are obviously a crass ignoramus that does nothing but spew idiocy. Do you even think before you write and are you simply content to foolishly regurgitate the lunacy you've been bred with...

3 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by omenka(m): 6:53am On Aug 25, 2014
onatisi: dis one na sense? Kai ,common sense is not common after all.
Allow him to talk. He apparently made some sense to kids like himself.

@post. Baba with all due respect I want to say you caused us this problem by selecting a terminally ill man (no offence to his memory) as your successor and then made the situation even far worse by selecting an inept and incompetent Vice to go along with him. There were the likes of Donald Duke and other such guys from region who could have performed exceedingly better than Jonathan, even from Bayelsa, but you insisted on him cos you probably wanted someone you could easily manipulate to do your bidding!! Now we have a catastrophe on our hands!!

Who do you suppose is gonna bell the cat??

3 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by chinazaekperem: 6:58am On Aug 25, 2014
I thought he opted to have a meeting with bokoboys and he's still saying this. I don't trust and like OBJ anyway.

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by tomakint: 7:03am On Aug 25, 2014
whitecat007: Does OBJ look like your foolish and stupidd father?
Obasanjo constitutes a major problem in the progress of this country......he had 8 full years to fix many things but what did he do with those times? Next time buy a bigger and better brain and stop waffling.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Nosurrenda: 7:04am On Aug 25, 2014
The former President who spoke while receiving a delegation of the Nigerian Market/Traders Council in Abeokuta home, Ogun State, led by the National President, [size=15pt]Yeye Osho[/size]

The only person visiting OBJ now is Mr Yeye Osho, while OBJ is receiving Yeye visitor GEJ has just had a meeting with German leader.

I dey laugh.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 25, 2014
obasanjo of all people should not be talking. nobody has a monopoly of violence and we would not be cowed into submission. any people that are not happy in this country are free to seek secession.
if a colonel on a salary of N420K cannot afford a new car then his leadership qualities should be questioned since he is incapable of managing himself.

anybody who knows a poor economic decision taken by the present administration should not hesitate to point it out.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by tandj: 7:08am On Aug 25, 2014

3 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 25, 2014
Comming from an inbreeding old man who could not keep his eyes off his daughter-in-kaw's pants!!! Smh this man is a collossal failure

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by kelechiodo(m): 7:20am On Aug 25, 2014
tomakint:
Obasanjo constitutes a major problem in the progress of this country......he had 8 full years to fix many things but what did he do with those times? Next time buy a bigger and better brain and stop waffling.

Please Tomakint, Obasanjo had 11 years. 3 years as a military head of state with no national assemble to checkmate him. If anybody should talk about the level Nigeria has gone, definitely the person should not be Obasanjo. The other day, he stated that Boko Haram thrived under GEJ because he Obasano never disturbed their Sharia. He never considered that it was his inability to act at that time and nip the issue then that emboldened the emergency of Boko Haram.
He never realised that death attributed to riots during his regime were more disastrous to nation building than the effect of Boko haram.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by eaglechild: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2014
OBJ

Should learn to bridle his foul tongue.

After shamelessly seeking a third tenure to perpetuate himself in power he still has the guts to give lessons.

Was he not the one that sat by and watched the adoption of sharia law as constitutional in some states in a secular country thereby fertilising the grounds for insurgency?

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by priscaoge(f): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2014
I smell Tribal war undecided undecided
Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by barresi(m): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2014
DickDastardly: Olusegun Obasanjo will die before 2015..........note this prophesy

Meaning...

He will not see 2015
too harsh, don't wish any body dead.
Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by tomakint: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2014
kelechiodo:
Please Tomakint, Obasanjo had 11 years. 3 years as a military head of state with no national assemble to check. If anybody should talk about the level Nigeria has gone, definitely the person should not be Obasanjo. The other day, he stated that Boko Haram thrived under GEJ because he Obasano never disturbed their Sharia. He never considered that it was his inability to act at that time and nip the issue then that emboldened the emergency of Boko Haram.
Fixed!
Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by chinazaekperem: 7:36am On Aug 25, 2014
Yoruba is harbouring controversial beings who keep causing quagmire for this country, OBJ is secretly instigating a bokoharam-nigeria war and tinubu on his side is perturbing the political stability of the country, I spit on that tribe.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by ogbenianago: 7:36am On Aug 25, 2014
even though obasanjo is a failure and the aetiology of this mugu called gej. but this doofus gej take failure and bad leadership to a new height never attain in our history. blowing off is otueke drunk head won't be a bad idea though.
Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by ogbenianago: 7:38am On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi:

Perhaps you haven't read Iyabode and Gbenga's opinion of the " father" you choose to hold a brief for or you are just being deliberately stoopid
Which one is it?
Ode

You wouldn't see anything wrong with it after all in some popular culture of a part of Nigeria,fathers can sleep with their daughters and even father their own grandchildren as prescribed by a babalawo
All na fathers
You may have a story or two to share with nairaland
Don't be shy
Go ahead

old winsh may amadioha rip open your rectal orifice... do you care to tell us how ojuiku married his own god daughter... ara ra po gi there.

1 Like

Re: 2015: I Don't Know Where We Are Going Yet - Obasanjo by ogbenianago: 7:40am On Aug 25, 2014
chinazaekperem: Yoruba is harbouring controversial beings who keep causing quagmire for this country, OBJ is secretly instigating a bokoharam-nigeria war and tinubu on his side is perturbing the political stability of the country, I spit on that tribe.

animal did you pull this fact from your ogiri smelly yansh.... we know the tribe cursing out on all other tribe in Nigeria. y'all Bantus are less than animals... I spit on bantunoids.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can't Believe This, Words Are Censored Automatically!!! / What Olamide (badoo) Said Today @ APC RALLY / INEC Accrediting Under Age Voters In The North - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.