Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) (809 Views)

How Many Nigerians/Africans Are Using Facebook Zero (Zero Data Charges)? / Snapchat Rejected $3 Bn Offer From Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by davidsmith8900: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2014
A Nairalander (@toshodei) claims he/she has created/found a way to access free text-based only internet from facebook zero i.e. with zero data charges. He/she also claims that there is a twitter service as well called twitter zero, but he/she has made an app/software that can allow anyone to access the internet without zero data charges as long as they use facebook zero (i.e. 0.facebook.com). Here is the quote and below the quote is the link to the original post on Nairaland

"Ive come up with a way (software) to access the internet (Free Internet With Only Text Browsing, because images/pictures will cost data charges) through Facebook Zero (https://0.facebook.com). There is also 'Twitter Zero' according to this ~> http://techcrunch.com/2014/05/29/twitters-emerging-market-strategy-includes-its-own-version-of-a-facebook-zero-like-service-called-twitter-access/ . Still, my only problem is that I dont know what most Nigerians (or all Africans in general) use the internet for, since there is no data online concerned with this demographic. Do many use it for:

A. Communication/Sharing/Socializing?
B. Looking for Jobs?
C. Getting News or Information around the world?
D. Gaming?
E. Education?
F. Entertaiment, Movies & Videos?
G. Buying a product or Consumerism?
H. Something else?

So Im interested if people can give me a feedback on what they use the internet for, as well as how people feel about accessing free internet (With Only Text Browsing) through https://0.facebook.com or https://0.twitter.com . Thank You, Good Morning Everybody, Happy Monday & Have A Great Successful Week Ahead." ~ @toshodei (op from Nairaland)

Here is the original post on Nairaland - https://www.nairaland.com/1872294/internet-zero-accessing-free-internet
Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by ITbomb(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2014
What is Facebook without seeing the faces.
Twitter can be managed with text only but Facebook? No!

1 Like

Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by davidsmith8900: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2014
ITbomb: What is Facebook without seeing the faces.
Twitter can be managed with text only but Facebook? No!

Im thinking that what the op means is that if you HAVE MONEY and want to use facebook to see images and do the regular things, then go to regular www.facebook.com or m.facebook.com. However if u DON'T HAVE MONEY and u want to browse the internet, or get some info from the internet or see who is hiring or to play games or to download things, then u can do that for free by using the app/software which uses facebook zero (0.facebook.com). Like not everybody has enough money to access to the internet all the time.
Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by henryobinna(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2014
davidsmith8900:

Im thinking that what the op means is that if you HAVE MONEY and want to use facebook to see images and do the regular things, then go to regular www.facebook.com or m.facebook.com. However if u DON'T HAVE MONEY and u want to browse the internet, or get some info from the internet or see who is hiring or to play games or to download things, then u can do that for free by using the app/software which uses facebook zero (0.facebook.com). Like not everybody has enough money to access to the internet all the time.
bro what's the software

1 Like

Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by davidsmith8900: 11:40am On Aug 25, 2014
henryobinna: bro what's the software

I really dont know, but the op (@toshodei) said he/she got it. Let's wait till the op gets back online.
Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by henryobinna(m): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2014
davidsmith8900:

I really dont know, but the op (@toshodei) said he/she got it. Let's wait till the op gets back online.
ok, I'll be waiting too

1 Like

Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by davidsmith8900: 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
henryobinna: ok, I'll be waiting too

But do u know how to access Facebook Zero? Here is the link for that ~> https://0.facebook.com . Facebook Zero (is zero data charges but it is only text-based. Once you click on images/pictures, it is no longer free). Still, I think the op made a software that connects Facebook Zero to other websites or web apps so now if you don't have money to browse the internet or you dont have money for credits but you want to see whats going on the internet or you want to do a google search or you want the latest news, or you want to apply to a job in a different area or u want to come on Nairaland or you want to play games and you don't have the money, you can use the op's app, that connects Facebook Zero to these other websites or web apps for free, but it is all text-based.
Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by henryobinna(m): 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
davidsmith8900:

But do u know how to access Facebook Zero? Here is the link for that ~> https://0.facebook.com . Facebook Zero (is zero data charges but it is only text-based. Once you click on images/pictures, it is no longer free). Still, I think the op made a software that connects Facebook Zero to other websites or web apps so now if you don't have money to browse the internet or you dont have money for credits but you want to see whats going on the internet or you want to do a google search or you want the latest news, or you want to apply to a job in a different area or u want to come on Nairaland or you want to play games and you don't have the money, you can use the op's app, that connects Facebook Zero to these other websites or web apps for free, but it is all text-based.
nice thing... I'll like it... he should make it available then. I don't think it'll work with the game aspect since its all text based

1 Like

Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by davidsmith8900: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
henryobinna: nice thing... I'll like it... he should make it available then. I don't think it'll work with the game aspect since its all text based

Yeah, it probably wont work with games.
Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by henryobinna(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
davidsmith8900:

Yeah, it probably wont work with games.
yea

1 Like

Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by davidsmith8900: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
henryobinna: yea

You can play tic-tac-toe tho. U should.
Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by henryobinna(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
davidsmith8900:

You can play tic-tac-toe tho. U should.
the question is....
do I like that game?
talk of some interesting 2D games(maybe adventure type)

1 Like

Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by davidsmith8900: 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
henryobinna: the question is....
do I like that game?
talk of some interesting 2D games(maybe adventure type)

Oh okay. I dig.
Re: From A Nairalander - Internet Zero (Free Internet From Facebook Zero) by henryobinna(m): 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
davidsmith8900:

Oh okay. I dig.
yep

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Risks Worth Considering When Expanding IT Business In Africa / Need Help On Visual Basic. / Internet Users Association Of Nigeria Is About To Be Created. Be A Part Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.