Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment (28265 Views)

Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment / Minister Travels Abroad For Treatment After Plying Lagos/ibadan Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by jmaine: 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
ideycraze:
Has PDP not ruled Nigeria for 14 years too? How has the PDP transformed the Nigerian healthcare system?
Why was Patience Jonathan ferried to Germany two years ago when she took ill?
What is GEJ himself doing in Germany at the moment?
Between FASHOLA and GEJ who has access to more resources to build and equip a state-of-the-earth hospital?

If one can't perform magic over a small entity as Lagos after being in power for over a decade attracting a healthy dose of monthly IGR.

Why should you be trusted at the center ?.

This thread is about the hypocrisy of you APC hordes . . . .

25 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by nigerianvenom(m): 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
i'm not suprised.this is a man who served as a senator ,then became a governor of lagos state for 8yrs with nothing to show for his mafia rulership in lagos.
he couldnt built a tertiary institution worth of sending his children to,hence none of his kids schooled in nigeria,yet he was glad to show us his 43 and a half teeth during his daughter's graduation in america.this same man couldnt built a maternity center in d whole of lagos worthy of his kids giving birth,that is why all his kids and associates travels to the UK and US for common child birth.tinubu could not built a common clinic to take kare of his health issue as a governor of lagos state and later as the comptroller general of SW.who are they decieving?this is a man who recieved an IGR bigger than than of ghana,niger and benin republic combine
i wish u quick recovery sha so u will witness the current transformation of GEJ in d health sector which u and OBJ sabotaged

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by nigerianvenom(m): 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
egbaguy: i recommend d bastard dat started diz thread be BANNED. The link has nothing to do with the thread.....MOD,over to u!!!!!

He said the issue could not be conclusively
decided because of the absence at the meetings
of some key members, including the former
Lagos State Governor, Senator Bola Tinubu, who
is said to have gone abroad for medical
treatment.

so who is now the bastarrd between u and the OP?

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by deeobserver209(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Grand Master of APC, Bola Tinubu ill? Wish him quick recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by comos: 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
nigerianvenom: i'm not suprised.this is a man who served as a senator ,then became a governor of lagos state for 8yrs with nothing to show for his mafia rulership in lagos.
he could built a tertiary institution worth of sending his children to,hence none of his kids schooled in nigeria,yet he was glad to show ua his 43 and a half teeth during his daughter's graduation in america.this same man couldnt built a maternity center in d whole of lagos worthy of his kids giving birth,that is why all his kids and associates travels to the UK and US for common child birth.tinubu could not built a common clinic to take kare of his health issue as a governor if lagos state and later as the controller general of SW.who are they decieving?this is a man who recieved an IGR bigger than than of ghana,niger and benin republic combine
i wish u quick recovery sha so u will witness the current transformation of GEJ in d health sector which u and OBJ sabotaged
and some blind people that called themselves APC supporters will foolishly be following him.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Arysexy(m): 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Tinubu why didn't u go to lasuth

Corruption personified

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Tightguy(m): 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=meforyou1]Wishing him quickest recovery.
But let me restate, Tinubu is not a leader of APC. He holds no executive position in APC, he is just a member.[/[b][/b]quote]

Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu is the NATIONAL LEADER(south) of the APC. Get your facts right , young man. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nosurrenda: 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
I think Tinubu's reported parkinson's disease has started again or is this just e'Bola?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by AZeD1(m): 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Tinubu was governor of Lagos state for 8 years after which his anointed successor and incumbent governor took over.

Tinubu is the leader of the APC, the major opposition party in Nigeria, which is making mouth watery promises, including healthcare reforms, if elected in 2015.

One would have expected Tinubu and his gang to atleast show the PDP how it is done by transforming the Lagos healthcare system or was 14 years not enough for Tinubu's party to do the needful in Lagos state?

Since Tinubu and his gang now travel abroad for medical care, what is the fate of the over 20 million Lagosians?

What is obvious is that Tinubu and his party do not trust the Lagos healthcare system they claim to have transformed in 14 years.
Tinubu is a private citizen and he can go anywhere he wants for medical treatment. The question you should be asking is where he went for medical treatment when he WAS governor.

If PEJ went to Germany for treatment, what is the fate of over 170 million Nigerians?

PS: Yar'Adua a pdp president and two time governor died in a foreign hospital, Stella Obasanjo, wife of a two time pdp president died in a foreign hospital, Your state governor(pdp) Chime spent almost the whole of last year in a foreign hospital.

You can hate APC all you want, its your choice but when it comes to health care failure in Nigeria, PDP makes APC look like amateurs.

OP Out of curiosity, why didn't you create a thread when your state governor was in the hospital at your expense?

39 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
jmaine:

If one can't perform magic over a small entity as Lagos after being in power for over a decade attracting a healthy dose of monthly IGR.

Why should you be trusted at the center ?.

This thread is about the hypocrisy of you APC hordes . . . .

If you say that the opposition shouldn't be trusted at the centre for "failing to fix healthcare", I can retort by asking why the ruling party (either at the centre or in states under their control) has also failed to fix healthcare and why it should be allowed to remain in power.

We can (quite rightly) criticize an opposition leader and former governor for not fixing the healthcare system of his state, but an even bigger criticism can go to the PDP-led federal government for the same crime. Was Patience Jonathan not also flown to Germany for treatment a while back?

Let's not make it about politics like Sincere9gerian is doing. Rather let's ROUNDLY criticize governments AT ALL LEVELS for failing to fix our healthcare. This APC-PDP debate will only divide us further and prevent us from speaking with a common voice.

22 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Arosa(m): 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

Let's not make it about politics like Sincere9gerian is doing. Rather let's ROUNDLY criticize governments AT ALL LEVELS for failing to fix our healthcare. This APC-PDP debate will only divide us further and prevent us from speaking with a common voice.

Word!
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by AZeD1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

If you say that the opposition shouldn't be trusted at the centre for "failing to fix healthcare", I can retort by asking why the ruling party (either at the centre or in states under their control) has also failed to fix healthcare and why it should be allowed to remain in power.

We can (quite rightly) criticize an opposition leader and former governor for not fixing the healthcare system of his state, but an even bigger criticism can go to the PDP-led federal government for the same crime. Was Patience Jonathan not also flown to Germany for treatment a while back?

It baffles me how PDP supporters can actually say APC governors failed to fix ...........(insert any terrible sector here) when the PDP has done worse.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by jmaine: 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

I am here to counter the default hypocrisy often deployed by the APC crowd whenever a PDP leader is flown abroad.

Am an advocate of fair criticisms, but not when it borders on sheer hypocrisy. This is a party who has been solely in charge of the coffers of a state yet has challenges , but the same group of individuals will go hard on others for similar sins.

As long as we keep adopting hypocritical criticisms, am sorry you will be seeing more of this in the future.

Our politics of bitterness is acutely toxic, and thus greatly mitigate against the advantage of speaking with " a common voice"

That's the reality . . . . . . .

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Ryabcool(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akande-ogbeh-baraje-jostle-for-apc-bot-chair/187293/

Tinubu was governor of Lagos state for 8 years after which his anointed successor and incumbent governor took over.

Tinubu is the leader of the APC, the major opposition party in Nigeria, which is making mouth watery promises, including healthcare reforms, if elected in 2015.

One would have expected Tinubu and his gang to atleast show the PDP how it is done by transforming the Lagos healthcare system or was 14 years not enough for Tinubu's party to do the needful in Lagos state?

Since Tinubu and his gang now travel abroad for medical care, what is the fate of the over 20 million Lagosians?

What is obvious is that Tinubu and his party do not trust the Lagos healthcare system they claim to have transformed in 14 years.
coming from a good for nothing sycophant of a supporter whose president and his wife run to Germany at the slightest cough. I don't like Tinubu, but i really dislike that he-diott you call your president. And you for being the hypocrite who is happy to forget the misdeeds of your master and point foul at another person, are worse than the both of them.

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
jmaine:

I am here to counter the default hypocrisy often deployed by the APC crowd whenever a PDP leader is flown abroad.

Am an advocate of fair criticisms, but not when it borders on sheer hypocrisy. This is a party who has been solely in charge of the coffers of a state yet has challenges , but the same group of individuals will go hard on others for similar sins.

As long as we keep adopting hypocritical criticisms, am sorry you will be seeing more of this in the future.

Our politics of bitterness is acutely toxic, and thus greatly mitigates against the advantage of speaking with " a common voice"

PDP supporters do the exact same thing when it happens to an APC leader (e.g. comments on this thread) so the "hypocrisy" you refer to comes from BOTH sides. Or can you tell me that Sincere9gerian created this thread out of a genuine concern for the state of the Lagos State healthcare system?

Your point is moot, sorry to say.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by jmaine: 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
AZeD1:
It baffles me how PDP supporters can actually say APC governors failed to fix ...........(insert any terrible sector here) when the PDP has done worse.

It also baffles me why APC supporters can actually say the PDP has done worse despite spending over a decade when evidence shows they(APC) are also gravely lacking in a state they have spent over a decade . . . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by jmaine: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

PDP supporters do the exact same thing when it happens to an APC leader (e.g. comments on this thread) so the "hypocrisy" you refer to comes from BOTH sides. Or can you tell me that Sincere9gerian created this thread out of a genuine concern for the state of the Lagos State healthcare system?

Your point is moot, sorry to say.

This is a counter APC hypocrisy thread I.e Dishing out like for like.

Appears you didn't get the memo . . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
jmaine:

This is a counter APC hypocrisy thread I.e Dishing out like for like.

Appears you didn't get the memo . . . . .

"Like for like", you say?

Then you're reinforcing my point. Both sets of supporters are hypocrites.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by jmaine: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

"Like for like", you say?

Then you're reinforcing my point. Both sets of supporters are hypocrites.

Great, then what is these false change the APC and her supporters keep preaching to us.

Mind sharing with me since you sternly believe both sides of the divide are inseparably related . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
jmaine:

Great, then what is these false change the APC and her supporters keep preaching to us.

Mind sharing with me since you sternly believe both sides of the divide and inseparably related . . . .

The 2012 French presidential elections were more a vote AGAINST Sarkozy than for any sterling qualities that Monsieur Hollande had. It is possible to VOTE OUT an individual if you feel he hasn't done enough to better your lives. Meaning, we keep voting out leaders who fail to perform until the politicians shape up and DELIVER.

I would have preferred an opposition party with a better manifesto and ideology but I recognize this may not be possible in Nigeria of 2014.
Nevertheless, if Nigerians do not believe that GEJ has done enough to deserve a second term, he can be voted out and we can try out the opposition. If they also mess up, we kick them out next election cycle. This may be our best shot since neither party is better or worse than the other.

But for the love of God, WE MUST STOP TOLERATING MEDIOCRITY.

19 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by tit(f): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
AZeD1:
Tinubu is a private citizen and he can go anywhere he wants for medical treatment. The question you should be asking is where he went for medical treatment when he WAS governor.

If PEJ went to Germany for treatment, what is the fate of over 170 million Nigerians?

PS: Yar'Adua a pdp president and two time governor died in a foreign hospital, Stella Obasanjo, wife of a two time pdp president died in a foreign hospital, Your state governor(pdp) Chime spent almost the whole of last year in a foreign hospital.

You can hate APC all you want, its your choice but when it comes to health care failure in Nigeria, PDP makes APC look like amateurs.

OP Out of curiosity, why didn't you create a thread when your state governor was in the hospital at your expense?

brother,
is this the reason fashola will use hand and scatter the fine fine hospitals Asiwaju built?
so the doctors will inject him bad drug because he is not governor again?
please please let us get tinubu and fashola to work together to deliver dividend of democacy.
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by jmaine: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

The 2012 French presidential elections were more a vote AGAINST Sarkozy than for any sterling qualities that Monsieur Hollande had. It is possible to VOTE OUT an individual if you feel he hasn't done enough to better your lives. Meaning, we keep voting out leaders who fail to perform until the politicians shape up and DELIVER.

I would have preferred an opposition party with a better manifesto and ideology but I recognize this may not be possible in Nigeria of 2014.
Nevertheless, if Nigerians do not believe that GEJ has done enough to deserve a second term, he can be voted out and we can try out the opposition. If they also mess up, we kick them out next election cycle. This may be our best shot since neither party is better or worse than the other.

Fair enough view . . . . . Thanks . . . . .
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by shizzleStar: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
nigerianvenom:

so who is now the bastarrd between u and the OP?
egbagoat is the undisputed bar.stard cool
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by DonaldGenes(m): 4:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
jmaine: The shameless hypocrites will soon be here . . . . .
Hehe
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

The koko is that many of us believe GEJ has done well to deserve a second term, the distractions notwithstanding. APC e-warriors should stop harassing GEJ supporters with their hypocritical threads, propaganda and blackmail.

Criticisms are good but they should be specific and constructive.

As long as APC e-warriors continue with their lies, half-truth, propaganda and deceit, we shall continue with counter offensive threads.

For instance, if you tell me that GEJ has only one eye and as such he is not good enough for leadership position, then I'll also prove that Tinubu (Tinubu here is representative of the APC presidential candidate) also has one eye and as such he too is not good enough to replace GEJ since having two eyes has become the yardstick for leadership. If having two eyes is the yardstick for good leadership, then it doesn't make sense to replace a confirmed one-eyed leader with another confirmed one-eyed leader. I'll rather stay with the current one-eyed leader, atleast for the sake of continuity, pending when we find confirmed two-eyed leader.

“Change, for change's sake, is a recipe for failure.”

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by customised13: 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
shizzleStar:
egbagoat is the undisputed bar.stard cool

Shizzle11, are you taking your meds for hiv?
Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thief.nubu,get well soon o
Eku speedy recovery

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by customised13: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
babyosisi: Thief.nubu,get well soon o
Eku speedy recovery

beatrice ohiri, tinubu is just 2 years older than you.

you finished secondary school at age 20 in 1982 when most of us where not born. when did u go for your last medical check up?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
jmaine:

I am here to counter the statement often deployed by the APC crowd whenever a PDP leader Jonathan and PEJ is flown abroad.

Our politics of bitterness is acutely toxic, and thus greatly mitigate against the advantage of speaking with " a common voice"

That's the reality . . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by chinazaekperem: 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
let the guy die abeg, he has overstayed his welcome in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

This is common sense but only people with any sense at all will get it.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
opposition indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"NNPC Pipelines In Akwa Ibom Blown Up By Us" - Niger Delta Avengers / "Go Contest For Councillorship", Uduaghan To Utomi / Video Of Unknown Gunmen's Attack In Ezeiweka, Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.