Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater (1989 Views)

Russia Begins Air Strikes In Syria Against ISIS / Sick Man Goes To Doctors And He's Told That ‘He's A Woman’ / 78-yr-old Granny Goes To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by giannis84(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
http://www.truth-code.com/2014/08/it-begins-us-citizen-goes-to-jail-for.html

Since when do you need a permit to collect rainwater? An Oregonian man has been sent to prison after local authorities found he had collected more than 13 million gallons of rainwater in 3 man-made ponds on his own property.

http://www.truth-code.com/2014/08/it-begins-us-citizen-goes-to-jail-for.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Muh(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Waoo is this really happening?

1 Like

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by pickabeau1: 2:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by overhypedsteve(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Crazy laws. I love naija . If you pay the right people you can even collect crude oil

7 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Dreal1247: 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
As they always say, nothing is free in Freetown. Nigeria is really a heaven where you can own all the ownables and use the useables free of charge.

2 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by greatgod2012(f): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Abeg, make this law no reach here now o, because the last time our borehole got faulty, we resorted to collecting of rainwater......opelope rainwater o, if it's in USA now, that means i for dey in jail now........na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by pickabeau1: 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nope... thats not the intent of the law

it discourages large scale collection of rainwater as it is believed it will affect the inflow into the rivers inthat area.

what will he do with 13m gallons of water (20 swimming pools)

Read the link i posted for more info

greatgod2012: Abeg, make this law no reach here now o, because the last time our borehole got faulty, we resorted to collecting of rainwater......opelope rainwater o, if it's in USA now, that means i for dey in jail now........na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Jonathan ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

1 Like

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by lilprinze: 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
when did it become a crime to collect rain water again some countries have weird laws Sha, nothing is free in U.S you pay for everything, those kinds of laws cannot work in Africa o

2 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by itstpia1: 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lord have mercy.

That was a lot of water though.

13 million gallons? Is that an exaggeration?

1 Like

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by cococandy(f): 12:21am On Aug 28, 2014
Well he knew the law.
Those aren't senseless laws.
If everyone does that,it'll affect the ecosystem.

2 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by greatgod2012(f): 12:48am On Aug 28, 2014
pickabeau1: Nope... thats not the intent of the law

it discourages large scale collection of rainwater as it is believed it will affect the inflow into the rivers inthat area.

what will he do with 13m gallons of water (20 swimming pools)

Read the link i posted for more info

i know, was just joking.
Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by RichDad1(m): 6:45am On Aug 28, 2014
The man dey sell pure water? Chai!!!

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by pickabeau1: 6:51am On Aug 28, 2014
greatgod2012:

i know, was just joking.

Ok
Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 28, 2014
I'm patiently waiting for the Illuminati cospiracy theorists' comments cool

2 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by seankay(m): 9:00am On Aug 28, 2014
What are they going to charge him for?

1 Like

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 28, 2014
Make that law no reach Nigeria oo,else jail go full,even small pikin go enter jail.

2 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2014
We don't collect rain water...never did. He disobeyed the law.

2 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Ruq: 9:51am On Aug 28, 2014
For all the water wey I don collect, Omo na life sentence be dat ooh if na here.
Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by goldfish80(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2014
cococandy: Well he knew the law.
Those aren't senseless laws.
If everyone does that,it'll affect the ecosystem.

If everybody collect water from the water way of their zinc and channel it to a reservoir, how will it affect the ecosystem? Please educate me.
Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 28, 2014
overhypedsteve: Crazy laws. I love naija . If you pay the right people you can even collect crude oil
Craze man. grin
Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Dubby6(m): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2014
13m gallons too much na..haba

1 Like

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by nora544: 10:47am On Aug 28, 2014
I know that americans have many of this crazy laws.

When you know this laws you will start to laugh!

1 Like

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 28, 2014
goldfish80:
If everybody collect water from the water way of their zinc and channel it to a reservoir, how will it affect the ecosystem? Please educate me.
He collected 13 MILLION gallons.
Imagine if 20 people do it...

1 Like

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by cococandy(f): 11:05am On Aug 28, 2014
Everyone single person doing that will simply mean a shortage of water to the main land water ways. Streams,rivers and ultimately the bigger water bodies.
If the water balance is disrupted,imagine what will happen to water organisms and soil moisture.
goldfish80:

2 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2014
aquatic ecosystem contributes to a large proportion of our planet's biotic productivity.
smh for some comments here, when I tell people that nigerians are one of the most semi educated uncivilized third world populace, they disagree, they think using blackberry and fixing artificial hair is civilization.

4 Likes

Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by Emmandu(f): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2014
I love niger die...where ever i go i still long to come back home....
Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by gatiano(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
yankee no want the man embarass them now, na embarassment be that for american view. na only the african dey hustle rain water cos he can find himself portable water. xaxaxaxaxaxax what goes around comes back around. seriously i dey laugh
Re: It Begins… US Citizen Goes To Jail For Collecting Rainwater by anonymous6(f): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
What a crazy law, I see nothing wrong with what he did. He is collecting one of the most natural things on earth: WATER, it's not like he is going in a store stealing water bottles, ridiculous

(1) (Reply)

10 Failed Promises Donald Trump Promised To Do On 1st Day / Ukraine - NATO Military Exercises In Latvia at The Russian Border / US Hypersonic Missile Test Fails Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.