Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55389 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Macteejay2(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
[size=16pt]If the Nigerian Army is not fit to win the battle against BH let the war be contracted out to US, France or Chadians[/size]... undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Phame: 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: Them de defect for military again?
if u jump ur territory to another, na defection b dat nau.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
I think NA should seriously take BBC to task, if its true they use all those strong words in their reporting! The battle area is very cclose to Cameroon and small move could end NA personel on their side, intentionally or otherwise and if the cameroonian army do see them on their side they simply will treat them as if they encroach and hence will have to 'arrest' them and properly hand them over to authority, but since there is no animousity btw Nigeria and Cameroon, they will simply be sent back to Nigeria to rejoin NA!

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by mu2sa2: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
The simple truth is, morale is low in the nigerian army. Our soldiers run on hint of boko haram attack. Just yesterday i heard a man somewhere in Taraba state saying on a widely popular radio station that he and other people fled their villages when they saw nigerian soldiers fleeing back from the frontline as boko haram approached. If the situation is not arrested, i am afraid, it is a matter a few months before boko haram takes control of a large chunk of the country's territory. Gej and his advisers seem to be oblivious of the fact that even the security men wielding guns around them are really disgruntled. Gej is playing the ostrich with security - he will have only himself to blame.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by AhmedB: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
20pounds: This is goodnews! 480 other Nigerians will fill their place, thereby creating employment. The transformation is on course! Who said GEJ is not working?

Very soon, Adamawa state will defect to Cameroon too with their Lamido and we shall go and occupy the land and own their horses and cattle(plus Nyako's mango trees)

GEJ till 20 lipsrsealed

Come fill their place now, abi you no sabi when army dey sale form? Mtchhh! Government wey dey sacrifice its people like fowl.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Phame: 3:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
As disheartening as dis news is, i stil cant stop laffing at federal gov't, chris olukolade , mike omeri, maku, okukpe and other paid mouthpiece of d FG.

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by oduastates: 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
Pathetic
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by WilyWily: 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
To all Southerner Soldiers minus Yoruba/Itsekiri serving in Boko Haram occupied North, Listen.

The war going on in Co-North is not your War, do the best thing desert your post and come back home, North problem for the Northerners.
Boko Haram is killing their own people, it is not your problem.
If you die defending those Rats living there, your life is a waste and died for nothing.
Remember your wife/Children, remember your Mother/Father, remember your brother/Sister, Make the wise decision and desert.
Remember if you die there your Child/Children is going to suffer.

Nigeria is already Dead only waiting for the burial day.

8 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by eejo(m): 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
The army had the highest corruption index in Nigeria boko haram invasion will continue untill the air force is upgraded , Nigeria another iraqi in the making
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by WilyWily: 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thank God, I'm loving the News
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by eddyland: 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
When soldiers are fleeing, what will ordinary civilian do

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Justcash(m): 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
OP, abeg greet Shekau (your boss) for me when you see him. Remind him of the saying, "100 days for the thief, 1 day for the owner". That 1 day will never escape his memory even in death.
As for you, I hope you'll be with him on that day. Bloody ISIS wannabe nincompoops.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Omotall(m): 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
hehehe, All the insults u are giving gej on dis nairaland,remember diaris God oo, grin grin gej deceiving nigerians since 2011 embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Gbawe: 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Yungmilio2:
You right
The President is not bothered at all
I don't mind if he steals our Money but He should work
GEJ Dundee United
Wrecking Nigerians since becoming a President

This is what we are saying !!!! Why loot the money meant to equip these men for god sake? Should corruption stealing (according to GEJ) not have a conscience or know limits? Is the loot from the fuel subsidy, oil theft, pension scam, NNPC remittance et al not enough? Why not ensure the funds meant to equip and empower the Army, against a deadly foe, is utilised judiciously?

10 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by 4Play(m): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
PointB:

I see. Apologies to the Op then.

But it is pedestrian for BBC to have used such critical 'defect' term to describe a basic army maneuver such as 'retreat'. Sometimes we give these folks (western media) more respect than they deserve. How can an internationally acclaim world media outfit make such kindergarten mistake? Who knows how many more mistakes they make daily?

Does a "basic maneuver" also involve handing over your weapons to a foreign nation and taking up accommodation in schools?

Army spokesman Lt Col Didier Badjek said the soldiers had been disarmed and were now being accommodated in schools.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28927898

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by signz: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
God please let this be a lie
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by 2chains1(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Oya where that boy wey reach front page dey yan say boko haram dey lie and naija army dey win. Ogbeni lock up!! You dey see? Nah BBC news from Cameroon! No be APC media. Obviously the war is being lost and they aren't getting paid anyway. So save yourselves soldiers.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hermesprogidy(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
20pounds: This is goodnews! 480 other Nigerians will fill their place, thereby creating employment. The transformation is on course! Who said GEJ is not working?

Very soon, Adamawa state will defect to Cameroon too with their Lamido and we shall go and occupy the land and own their horses and cattle(plus Nyako's mango trees)

GEJ till 20 lipsrsealed
your joke is so dry that a premature harmattan just started where i am. Dry weather man grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Blockus: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ibnsultan01: "@BBCAfrica: 480 #Nigerian soldiers have defected to #Cameroon. They are being taken to the northern city of Maroua."

Some 480 Nigerian soldiers have fled into Cameroon following fierce fighting with Boko Haram militants, Cameroon's army has said.

Army spokesman Lt Col Didier Badjek said the soldiers had been disarmed and were now being accommodated in schools.

Clashes are said to be continuing in the border town of Gamboru Ngala.

Boko Haram on Sunday released a video in which it said it had established an Islamic state in the towns and villages it controls in north-eastern Nigeria.

The group's five-year insurgency has intensified in recent months despite the deployment of thousands of extra troops to the worst-affected areas.

Last week, a group of soldiers refused to follow orders to go and fight Boko Haram, saying the militants were better equipped.

Insurgents also seized one of Nigeria's two main police training academies, which is near the town of Gwoza, captured earlier this month.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28927898

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28927898

Cameroon?!!!

I will rather die a Nigerian.. angry

Those Soldiers most likely have Ghanaian blood inside them. angry

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Dee60: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
BH has exposed our military!

The last thing you want to hear is that Nigerian soldiers are running to Cameroun for help, Cameroun is the country that we have looked at as one of the poorest in Africa.

We as a country may realize one day that corruption is the biggest problem of our country and no one has promoted that corruption (or stealing!) like this administration.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by WilyWily: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is the time for Yoruba men to go and help their Co-Northern friends fight Boko Haram.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by comos: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gbawe:
Did you read and understand anything I wrote? Why will I join an Army of deception where my life and welfare means nothing to those who send me out to face the ultimate sacrifice on behalf of my nation? Which intelligent man, even if the most brave to live, will choose to die for nothing? Many Nigerians who join the Army have no choice. I do. How many well-educated and gainfully employed Nigerians , even if patriotic and willing to make a difference, do you think will readily join the Nigerian Army as currently constituted? Patriotism should not be another word for foolishness my friend.
As a start, I won't be joining the army of a Nation where the politicians do not have the balls to go after the sponsors of terror they claim to know yet leave free to sponsor, arm and support the terrorists who will overcome my "patriotism" with their superior weapons and intel. We should all be speaking in one voice in support of sanctioning the corruption, duplicity and lack of political will killing our Army and turning it into an unattractive destination for many of the youths of Nigeria. Read the story yourself and stop mouthing off at your fellow Nigerians. Face the corrupt leaders you voted for indicted in the report below and making the Nigerian army a destination for unemployed and probably unemployable desperados alone. Are you not ashamed and livid that terrorists are better equipped than men of the Nigerian Army and that corruption has caused this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28927898
Nice decision indeed!
If all the personnel serving in the army took this decision, I am sure by now Boko Haram will be in your Place of resident.
The army needs commendation not condemnation.
and stop been a cheap talker

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hermesprogidy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Make i go buy turban and sesbir. I don dey leave my bear bear to grow like alfa own, just in case. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
PointB: In any case when soldiers defect, they move from one opposing army to the other. In other words, Nigeria is at war with Boko Haram not Cameroon, hence our soldiers can only defect from Nigeria Army to Boko Haram terrorists, not join Cameroon's Army.

That's why this topic is arrant nonsense!

please lets have some semblance of shame even if we are sycophants.

16 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Gbawe: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
eejo: The army had the highest corruption index in Nigeria boko haram invasion will continue untill the air force is upgraded , Nigeria another iraqi in the making

You may actually be right given the revelations about the pathetic state of our army despite the billions of dollars, by far the biggest in the history of Nigeria, pumped into the fight against Boko Haram and insecurity.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
This news is beyond shocking, I hope people will begin to realise that the government is losing ideas on how to tackle Bpko Haram. When soldiers start fleeing insurgents you know the population they are meant to protect and defend are in deep trouble.

There is a need for past leaders of Nigeria to tell President Jonathan the truth, he is becoming an embarrassment to Nigeria as its Commander-in-Chief.

7 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Entchidodo: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
When Ihejirika was in charge some folks worked tooth and nail to get him out,decades of adminstrative corruption,filth and general rot including nepotism,tribalism and greed has finally caught up with some fat northern cats..The northern elders can as well have their Islamic Republic...this is not my fight.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
please lets have some semblance of shame even if we are sycophants.

My sister, may God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hensben(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
If this man called GEJ become president for another 4 years, nigeria is finish.
Just imagine his first tenure things are like this...smh.

A country were a zoologist with no law or political science degree become president..I rest my case.

GEJ=corruption>abacha.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by soulglo: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
IBB for president. I sure I'm tired of this nonsense. At least then soldiers would have weapons and BokoHaram would be wiped out. There'd still be corruption but not at the scale it is now. I'm just exhausted with these stories
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
comos:
Talking is cheap!
if you are so patriotic, why not join the army. they are still recruiting at the moment
suck it up please.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by JERRYMAG4(m): 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
It is a great lie. Boko Haram agents are here blackmailling Nigeria Soldiers again. The truth is, this is your country and you cannot run away. Even if you do, the host country will still refer to you as a Nigerian. Biafra war was more than this and we won...so what is the issue? Lets encourage our government. No amount of negative critisizm would change the situation on ground. This is a full blown war and either you like it or not, you are in Nigeria right now and you can be hit. Don't decieve yourself that you are in the safe heaven because you are in Lagos or Enugu. Check the history. During the biara war, South west never thought that Ibo would have the effrontery or manpower to enter their region but see what happened in Ore. If not for the gallant effort of Commander Olusegun Obasanjo, Lagos would have been hit. Let leave story guys, pray and support our millitary to win this war. Wake up and remember that there is a serious war going on in Nigeria.

thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? / After Meeting With Tinubu, Senators-elect Queue Behind Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.