Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 (3833 Views)

Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
##########################################
Q & A: REASONS WHY CHRISTIANS WILL MISS RAPTURE: PART 1
READ THE SCRIPTURE BELOW AND PROVIDE YOUR ANSWERS AS REPLY TO THE THREAD.
Luke 14:16-25

16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.

22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.

23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

KJV

INSTRUCTIONS
------------------
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
TAKE ALL YOUR ANSWERS FROM LUKE 14:1-24

PROVIDE YOUR ANSWERS AS REPLY.

1. Jesus Christ mentioned a certain ‘great supper’ in Luke 14:16. What is the meaning or another name for that ‘great supper’?

2. How many people were invited to that supper? Are you also invited for that supper?

3. In Luke 14:17, why were people invited to that great supper?

4. All the people invited to the great Supper did one thing why they could not attend. What was that? (Hint: Luke 14:18)

Read Luke 14: 18-20 and Say true or false to the following questions

5. Focusing on buying and selling alone (business alone) could make somebody miss rapture (TRUE OR FALSE)

6. Focusing too much on getting properties can make a person miss rapture (TRUE OR FALSE)

7. Can enjoyment make a Christian to miss rapture? (YES or NO) EXPLAIN your answer with example from the bible.

8. A Christian can miss rapture because of his/her marriage or some member of his/her family? (YES or NO) Explain

9. Mention 5 other reasons why Christian can miss rapture.

10. In what way are you comparable to the 3 people mentioned in the Scripture above?

For more information?
jesuscoming@yahoo.com
raptureglorious@gmail.com
www.jesuscoming1..com

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
MANY ARE MAKING EXCUSE AND THEY FAILED TO SEE WHAT IS GOING IN THE WORLD FROM SPIRITUAL PERSPECTIVE.
WHEN NOAH ENTERED THE ARK, THE LORD SHUT THE DOOR AND THOSE MAKING EXCUSE AT THAT TIME KNEW THEY WERE IN FOR DESTRUCTION WHEN THE RAIN STARTED. AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, SO SHALL IT BE WHEN THE SON OF MAN SHALL COME.
STOP THE EXCUSE AND RUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE.

JESUS is coming.

Shalom
www.jesuscoming1..com

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by oldtimepreacher: 7:00am On Oct 16, 2014
Christians will miss the rapture because, they only praised God with their lips while their hearts were really far from him, they were caught up in the cares of this world, were not really born again but were just playing religion, failed their duties of preaching to lost souls and most unfortunately, forgetting the purpose of the church.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2015
oldtimepreacher:
Christians will miss the rapture because, they only praised God with their lips while their hearts were really far from him, they were caught up in the cares of this world, were not really born again but were just playing religion, failed their duties of preaching to lost souls and most unfortunately, forgetting the purpose of the church.

That is Hypocrisy and Flattery.

Other reasons include complacency and lukewarmness.

The most common and dangerous is WORLDNINESS.

JESUS is coming.
www.jesuscoming1..com
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2015
For Prayers on Preparing For Rapture, click here

JESUS is coming.

Be prepared.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
CHRISTIANS ARE BUSY ROMANCING AND 'ENJOYING' THE WORLD AND NOT READY TO PREPARE FOR THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE GIVING EXCUSES, EXCUSES AND EXCUSES.

WHETHER EXCUSES OR NOT, JESUS IS COMING. THOSE THAT ARE READY WILL ENTER THE MARRIAGE SUPPER AND THE DOOR WILL BE SHUT.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 11:01pm On May 07, 2015
Don't miss the wedding supper of The Lamb of God for anything.

JESUS is coming
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2015
No excuse or reason is good enough to miss the rapture. Get rid off all the excuses you are giving for nor running the race and not preparing.

Luke 14:18a

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse.

From above, whoever misses the rapture will have an excuse for doing so but will that excuse stop the rapture from taking place? No !
Take away the excuse. Ask God for grace and empowerment.

JESUS is coming. Prepare in absolute Repentance, Holiness and Righteousness.

JESUScoming

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by avart: 9:15am On Jun 24, 2015
HOW TO EARN N85,000 TO N340,000 AND ABOVE IN TWO WEEKS AND A MONTH, Powered by THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, KADUNA PROVINCE 1.

Calvary greetings to you, and may the divine love of Christ be with you and your entire household in Jesus Name, Amen.
I am Pastor William Oladipo, the Provincial Pastor of THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, Kaduna Province 1. @ No.3 Nuhu Aliyu Crescent Barnawa G.R.A Kaduna. And I wish to introduce you to a Wealth Empowerment Program tagged: HOW TO EARN N85,000 to N340,000 AND ABOVE IN TWO WEEKS AND A MONTH, Powered by THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, KADUNA PROVINCE 1.

it's a financial empowerment program been introduced to members of the church under the RCCG KADUNA PROVINCE 1 and we decided to spread it out so that members of the church in other states and the general public can benefit from it.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PROGRAM, SEND ME A MAIL OR SMS,TO INDICATE YOUR INTEREST.

THE MAIL OR SMS SHOULD BE SENT TO talk2pastorwilly@minister.com OR 08098258686 WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

1. YOUR NAME
2. CONTACT ADDRESS
3. OCCUPATION
4. PHONE NUMBER
5. EMAIL ADDRESS

THEN I WILL FORWARD YOU WITH THE PROCEDURES ON HOW YOU CAN PARTAKE IN IT

Remain Blessed
Pastor William Oladipo,
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD,
KADUNA PROVINCE 1,
No. 3 Nuhu Aliyu Crescent Barnawa G.R.A Kaduna
Email: talk2pastorwilly @minister.com
GSM: 08098258686

2 Likes

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 10:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
avart:
HOW TO EARN N85,000 TO N340,000 AND ABOVE IN TWO WEEKS AND A MONTH, Powered by THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, KADUNA PROVINCE 1.

Calvary greetings to you, and may the divine love of Christ be with you and your entire household in Jesus Name, Amen.
I am Pastor William Oladipo, the Provincial Pastor of THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, Kaduna Province 1. @ No.3 Nuhu Aliyu Crescent Barnawa G.R.A Kaduna. And I wish to introduce you to a Wealth Empowerment Program tagged: HOW TO EARN N85,000 to N340,000 AND ABOVE IN TWO WEEKS AND A MONTH, Powered by THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD, KADUNA PROVINCE 1.

it's a financial empowerment program been introduced to members of the church under the RCCG KADUNA PROVINCE 1 and we decided to spread it out so that members of the church in other states and the general public can benefit from it.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE PROGRAM, SEND ME A MAIL OR SMS,TO INDICATE YOUR INTEREST.

THE MAIL OR SMS SHOULD BE SENT TO talk2pastorwilly@minister.com OR 08098258686 WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

1. YOUR NAME
2. CONTACT ADDRESS
3. OCCUPATION
4. PHONE NUMBER
5. EMAIL ADDRESS

THEN I WILL FORWARD YOU WITH THE PROCEDURES ON HOW YOU CAN PARTAKE IN IT

Remain Blessed
Pastor William Oladipo,
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD,
KADUNA PROVINCE 1,
No. 3 Nuhu Aliyu Crescent Barnawa G.R.A Kaduna
Email: talk2pastorwilly @minister.com
GSM: 08098258686

Sir, this thread is meant to sensitize christians on what could make them to miss the rapture. thank you.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
Unfortunately, the only kinda rapture that will take place is a Nuclear Armageddon.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by johnw74: 2:19am On Jun 26, 2015
Zoharariel:
Unfortunately, the only kinda rapture that will take place is a Nuclear Armageddon.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I speak a mystery to you; we shall not all fall asleep, but we shall all be changed;
1Co 15:52 in a moment, in a glance of an eye, at the last trumpet. For a trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall all be changed.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first.
1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2015
Rapture and its related events are perhaps the most prophesied in the whole of the bible.

JESUS is coming. Don't be deceived into believing otherwise.

Any moment, the trumpet will sound.

Repent and be converted. Be washed in the blood of Jesus Christ.

JESUScoming

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
Come out of worldliness. Worldliness will hinder a believer from rapture. JESUS is coming. stay ready.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
Everything is winding up. Time is up. And soon the bridegroom appears.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
WORLDLINESS
EXCUSES
DESIRES OF THE FLESH
SECRET SINS
UNCONFESSED SINS
PRIDE
AND LOT MORE ARE SOME OF THE REASONS MANY BELIEVERS WILL MISS THE RAPTURE.

WHAT EXCUSES ARE YOU GIVING? CAST OFF ALL EXCUSES AND RUN THE RACE THAT IS SET BEFORE YOU.

JESUS IS COMING. STAY READY,
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by ifenes(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2015
2 years after your thread,still no rapture OP
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
A man that has been warned severally that death will come to him someday will still live as though death will never come. Though, he still lives, yet, the fact that death has not come to him does not not mean that death will certainly not come.

You have heard that JESUS is coming. The fact that He is still giving allowance of some days to allow more people come to Him, even people like you does not mean that He will not come, Just grab the hands of grace He is extending to you while time ticks away.

ifenes:

JESUScoming
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by Etfash(m): 4:31am On Dec 14, 2015
ifenes:

I have seen you attack just anything God/Yahweh or Christ in this forum. You are entitled to your opinion as much as everybody else; but what baffles me is why you have so much hatred for the Almighty.

Is it share show of knowledge or something born out of personal experience? You are so young - but, from my experience in life, everyone will bow to one thing or the other eventually. Some to vanities and some to the Living God. Trust me, I have my questions too; but, I have come to see that my thoughts, perceptions and personal discoveries will eventually die with me.

A few people may swallow some of these your thoughts.. But, at the end, even when you are long gone, if Christ delays his return, many will still be serving Yahweh. You cannot fight what is bigger than anything and everything.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 1:08am On Mar 03, 2016
Strive to enter at the narrow gate
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 5:46pm On May 09, 2016
Lack of preparation like the foolish virgins is what will make many Christians to miss the rapture.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by analice107: 12:19am On May 10, 2016
annyplenty:
Q & A: REASONS WHY CHRISTIANS WILL MISS RAPTURE: PART 1
READ THE SCRIPTURE BELOW AND PROVIDE YOUR ANSWERS AS REPLY TO THE THREAD.
Luke 14:16-25

16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.

22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.

23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

KJV

INSTRUCTIONS
------------------
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
TAKE ALL YOUR ANSWERS FROM LUKE 14:1-24

PROVIDE YOUR ANSWERS AS REPLY.

1. Jesus Christ mentioned a certain ‘great supper’ in Luke 14:16. What is the meaning or another name for that ‘great supper’?

2. How many people were invited to that supper? Are you also invited for that supper?

3. In Luke 14:17, why were people invited to that great supper?

4. All the people invited to the great Supper did one thing why they could not attend. What was that? (Hint: Luke 14:18)

Read Luke 14: 18-20 and Say true or false to the following questions

5. Focusing on buying and selling alone (business alone) could make somebody miss rapture (TRUE OR FALSE)

6. Focusing too much on getting properties can make a person miss rapture (TRUE OR FALSE)

7. Can enjoyment make a Christian to miss rapture? (YES or NO) EXPLAIN your answer with example from the bible.

8. A Christian can miss rapture because of his/her marriage or some member of his/her family? (YES or NO) Explain

9. Mention 5 other reasons why Christian can miss rapture.

10. In what way are you comparable to the 3 people mentioned in the Scripture above?

For more information?
jesuscoming@yahoo.com
raptureglorious@gmail.com
www.jesuscoming1..com
Everything you typed there is so very superficial. Do you think Jesus is talking about physical landed properties or buying and selling, even though they are related?
Christians are going to miss rapture for the same reason the Jews missed the birth of Christ. Secularism.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by analice107: 12:22am On May 10, 2016
annyplenty:

Sir, this thread is meant to sensitize christians on what could make them to miss the rapture. thank you.
I tire for that guy oo. why not open a thread?
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by analice107: 12:39am On May 10, 2016
[quote author=ifenes post=40978945] 2 years after your thread,still no rapture OP[/quote
Lolzzzz. don't worry when it happens, you wont miss it, For we shall all resurrect. song worry about when it will happen, just know that it will happen. The birth of Christ was prophesied by Daniel in Babylon, the Jews waited and waited, it didn't happen, they, like you turned secular and went their own way, but the Babylonia Magicians/Astrologers who see into the supernatural, knew who Christ is, they didn't forget Daniel's Prophecy, so from generation to generation, they past down that Prophecy.
They watch and get information from the stars, When Christ was born, apart from the shepherds whom Angels visited with the news, Only the Babylonian Magicians/Astrologers Knew that the messiah was born and and were guided by a star to Bethlehem to worship Jesus.

Now his return has been foretold, Just like the Jews took it for granted, that's how men will take his return for granted too. But he will return, this time no longer like a lamp whom you now strike with your words, He shall return a Lion roaring against his enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by analice107: 12:46am On May 10, 2016
Etfash:

I have seen you attack just anything God/Yahweh or Christ in this forum. You are entitled to your opinion as much as everybody else; but what baffles me is why you have so much hatred for the Almighty.

Is it share show of knowledge or something born out of personal experience? You are so young - but, from my experience in life, everyone will bow to one thing or the other eventually. Some to vanities and some to the Living God. Trust me, I have my questions too; but, I have come to see that my thoughts, perceptions and personal discoveries will eventually die with me.

A few people may swallow some of these your thoughts.. But, at the end, even when you are long gone, if Christ delays his return, many will still be serving Yahweh. You cannot fight what is bigger than anything and everything.

Peace!
Brother, if you want to find out where his allegiance lies, open a thread against satan, it will be made very clear.
haven't you wondered why atheists ask and demand from God the same questions the serpent asked Eve and demanded from Jesus? They lie and say they don't believe in satan, to find out if they don't, just attack satan small and see.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by Theophinio(m): 7:29am On May 10, 2016
annyplenty:

MANY ARE MAKING EXCUSE AND THEY FAILED TO SEE WHAT IS GOING IN THE WORLD FROM SPIRITUAL PERSPECTIVE.
WHEN NOAH ENTERED THE ARK, THE LORD SHUT THE DOOR AND THOSE MAKING EXCUSE AT THAT TIME KNEW THEY WERE IN FOR DESTRUCTION WHEN THE RAIN STARTED. AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, SO SHALL IT BE WHEN THE SON OF MAN SHALL COME.
STOP THE EXCUSE AND RUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE.

JESUS is coming.

Shalom
www.jesuscoming1..com
More Grace upon you sir
A lot of Christians are giving excuses while they are no longer effective in things of the Lord, bearing in mind that no kind of it can justify you on the last day
#GLORYTOGOD
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by ifenes(m): 10:07am On May 10, 2016
[quote author=analice107 post=45475586][/quote]

He will arrive like a "roaring lion". August is when the Sun is hottest in the western world. August is Leo and Leo is Astrological sign as in Lion. The Sun shines the brightest in August after been dead from December to May. Rises in April( Aries),shines very bright like Roaring Lion in August. Yes the Sun God will come again, not Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by annyplenty(m): 9:23am On May 11, 2016
[quote author=analice107 post=45475586][/quote]

Thank you and God bless you
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by analice107: 9:45am On May 11, 2016
annyplenty:

Thank you and God bless you
Welcome sis. we are on the same boat.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by ifenes(m): 9:42pm On May 11, 2016
analice107:

Welcome sis. we are on the same boat.

On the same boat of undiluted ignorance. Ignorance is bliss

1 Like

Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by analice107: 10:17pm On May 11, 2016
ifenes:

On the same boat of undiluted ignorance. Ignorance is bliss
Guy, doesn't it surprise even you to see yourself chasing after threads like this, puke nosing into matters you call myth? Why are you sooo disturbed?
Let me help you. The idea of eternity terrifies you out of your wits, you just don't know what to do. The chains around you are held tight. All i feel for you now is pity.
Re: Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1 by ifenes(m): 10:28pm On May 11, 2016
analice107:

Guy, doesn't it surprise even you to see yourself chasing after threads like this, puke nosing into matters you call myth? Why are you sooo disturbed?
Let me help you. The idea of eternity terrifies you out of your wits, you just don't know what to do. The chains around you are held tight. All i feel for you now is pity.

Poor thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was Jesus Christ Handsome When He Was On Earth? / . / Leadership Training Programme At R.c.c.g Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.