Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? (853 Views)

Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? / Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? / Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by zboyd: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Snooping is just like crack - addictive as hell.

But is it ever justified?

Some people believe that the moment you feel like snooping through your partner's or spouse's emails, text messages, etc., you should probably end the relationship, regardless of what the truth is.

Others believe that what you don't know will hurt you and a-snooping they go.

But where do YOU stand?

Do you think you're justified to snoop on your partner or spouse, given the right circumstances or suspicions?

Or do you feel that snooping through partner's or spouse's emails, text messages, etc. is and will always be wrong?

Can Snooping EVER Be Justified?

How will you explain your actions, if you're caught red-handed?
Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by Godmystrength: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
When i go through my hubby's phone, it is not snooping because i have access to the phone anytime, any day and so does he with mine. I don't go through because i want to find something(i won't even see anything there if he doesn't want me to), but maybe because i need to use it or just doing it for fun helping him delete all those MTN messages etc. No time for SNOOPING.

but the very day he starts feeling uncomfortable with me using his phone, then story will definitely change.

2 Likes

Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
Snooping is not ok. The partner might have messages on his phone that contain conversations with his family or his friends, which they only wanted to share with one's partner. I don't want my best friend's husbands to know everything I tell my friends. It is called girl's talk.

When one of the partners feels like snooping though, then he / she is either too mistrustful or has very good reasons to be mistrustful.

To sum it up, snooping is not ok but there is an exception to every rule.
Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
carefreewannabe: Snooping is not ok. The partner might have messages on his phone that contain conversations with his family or his friends, which they only wanted to share with one's partner. I don't want my best friend's husbands to know everything I tell my friends. It is called girl's talk.
When one of the partners feels like snooping though, then he / she is either too mistrustful or has very good reasons to be mistrustful.
To sum it up, snooping is not ok but there is an exception to every rule.

Oh ok.
If you had one harmless opportunity, would you not snoop on your daughter stuff as a parent?
Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
onirugbon1:

Oh ok.
If you had one harmless opportunity, would you not snoop on your daughter stuff as a parent?

I hope, I will raise my dughter in such a way that I won't find it necessary to snoop on her.

If, however, she gives me a reason to do so, I will.
Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I hope, I will raise my dughter in such a way that I won't find it necessary to snoop on her.

If, however, she gives me a reason to do so, I will.

Why did you then discredit snooping? cheesy
Besides is it not possible to snoop on a partner out of sheer goodwill, no ulterior or sinister motives?
Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
onirugbon1:

Why did you then discredit snooping? cheesy
Besides is it not possible to snoop on a partner out of sheer goodwill, no ulterior or sinister motives?

Snooping on the partner and snopping on a CHILD are two different things that can't be comapred. How can I treat my partner like a child and vice versa?

It is possible to snoop on the partner out of suspicion. I never said it was right.
Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by beeevan: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
There is nothing like snooping in a healthy marriage. You are either hiding something or you are not.

1 Like

Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by Kanwulia: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
Oh yeah!
ONLY TO "SASSISSFY" curiosity!
Finito! kiss

BISIBODI dey taya? grin
Na full time work for some pipo o!
Re: Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? by orbis(m): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
Abegi, lets forget all the niceties....humans are naturally jealous and permit me to say "if you dont have a bit of jealousy for your partner, then you dont love them". I snoop and she snoops on me...it doesnt matter when you know there is no hidden secrets...

(1) (Reply)

Women Remember Their Families More Relative To Men / Newly Married Or Remodeling Your Home?(Decorative Pillows Advice) / I'm In Love With Actress Omotola's First Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.