Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

What Can We Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can We Do? (1292 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2006
look guyz, nuff of the hate threads and all, muslim or christain, we are all human beings(apart from Afeni ofcourse) and forget your prejudices and think and think fast, apart from praying, what do you think we can do about the situation in the middle east? i mean, we have got to be able to do sumfin apart from seeing people suffering and cryin out our hearts!

i mean today, i saw something on CNN, and they showed an 8-months old baby, the brother and the mother(who just recieved news of her husband's death!) i mean, couldnt hold back the tears, a rocket had hit them and it was packed with a chemical that burns whoever it hits! the baby as well as the young boy had burns, the young boys own was so bad that he couldnt open his eyes and his screams and cries were soul tearin, thinkin about it is painful. you should have seen'the baby's spasm when being treated!

guyz we have got to do sumfin, pls, soon.

what do you guyz suggest? and please no meanies here!!!
Re: What Can We Do? by diddy4(m): 12:11am On Jul 25, 2006
what exactly can we do? tell me exactly what we can do. it is to go to the white house and abduct bush forcing him to send soldiers to the middle east to stop the war or should we all buy plane tickets and go there to form human walls so they will stop the bombings? we can only pray for them and hope the battle ends soon. those that are in a better positon to do something are working on it. our prayers will aid them and they will come to a resolution. wonder why humans cant live in peace and harmony without war and hatred. i saw same thing and i just starred for mins cuzz it stung me. nuffin is above God so dont rule him out. if he hears our cries he will help and im sure He is already helping.
Re: What Can We Do? by m4malik(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2006
me,myself:

look guys, nuff of the hate threads and all, muslim or christain, we are all human beings(apart from Afeni ofcourse) and forget your prejudices . . .

Ha! Can't laugh enough. What makes you think Afeni is not a human being like the rest of us (even though I don't agree with his ideas)? Did I read you say "forget your prejudices"?

See, no one really wants to hate nobody. But these things can't be helped as long as it's in the Qur'an to hate Christians, Jews, atheists, and everybody else who is not a follower of Muhammad. I'm not seeking to stir the boiling pot - it's just there in Islam's holy books to hate people.

It's sad to see the pains trailing the on-going crises in the Middle East. Political talks are being attempted to quell the onslaught. However, it seems to me that this long-winding crises will continue for as long as it takes the political stake-holders to recognize and deal with the root of the problem. The media is happy to show the pains and sufferings of Palestinian children and women caught in the cross-fires with Israel; but how many times have the media paid attention to the plight of Israel during the threats of Hezbollah and associates to annihilate her? Until we come straight with the crux of the crises and stop the pretenses of "political correctness", this would most probably continue for as long as man lives on planet earth.
Re: What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 6:26am On Jul 25, 2006
about Afeni being a human being, i was just being sarcastic,
and m4malik, i said no meanies! ok? learn more about islam b4 u start postin false accusations here, ok?
Re: What Can We Do? by diddy4(m): 6:34am On Jul 25, 2006
are u a muslim?
Re: What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2006
@ diddy4, yup im a muslim, a non apolegetic one! i love my religion and it hurts me to see that people just dnt understnd it or just don't want to understand it.
and thanks but u know whta i think we can do? everybody in general, christains and muslims, we can all get the addresses of the govts in whatever country we are in and pressurize them.that way, maybe they'll be a cease fire and they can talk things out. most of the people sufferin are civilians and i saw a 19yr old, isreali soldier, you could tell the guy was scared sh*tless! lets do sumfin, please, this saddens my heart, this are human beings and i don't know what i'd do if i were in their shoes!
Re: What Can We Do? by diddy4(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2006
where were u when 9/11 happened? isnt it the same muslims dat caused the wahala huh? pressurize which government? for which country? go to aso villa and see if baba wont send monkeys on you. i said pray and u no one pray abi your muhammed (forgive the spelling) no dey answer prayer?
Re: What Can We Do? by m4malik(m): 9:56am On Jul 25, 2006
me,myself:

about Afeni being a human being, i was just being sarcastic,
and m4malik, i said no meanies! ok? learn more about islam before u start postin false accusations here, ok?

Which one U dey vex put for the matter? You want others to forget their prejudices but not your own, abi? As for the false accusations and meanies, sista no vex - I don't see where you read me so. It's simply there in the Qur'an -  Muhammad hated Christians and Jews; and if you add the Hadith to that as well, you'll only find strong confirmation to that (not to talk of his treatment of atheists).

me,myself:

@ diddy4, yup im a muslim, a non apolegetic one! i love my religion and it hurts me to see that people just dnt understnd it or just don't want to understand it.

Please don't be so hurt - truth hurts, yes. . . but we're all seeking to understand these matters. It's not that people just don't want to understand your religion; what we can't understand is why all the hate and instigation in the Qur'an against non-Muslims? On the one hand Muhammad said there should be no compulsion in religion; and on the other hand he actually tried to coerce people into Islam and won't let them be if they chose not to follow his religion. The point is, why put them to death simply because they chose other religions?

As for the idea of pressurizing Governments in whatever country to act towards a cease-fire, that may be a brilliant idea; but in reality it will achieve virtually nothing while the war goes on. I'm still of the view that negotiations and diplomatic round-table talks based on "political correctness" is only scratching the surface of the matter. They should come full circle with the issue and address its roots without treating such groups as the Hezbollah with kid gloves.
Re: What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2006
guys, i sigh, why does this have to change to another islam hate thread? the head of the thread says "what can be done"? not why islam is like this or why you guys only see the bad side of islam, but (aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, i sigh again) i guess i have to deal with the different accusations, one by one.
diddy4:

where were u when 9/11 happened? isnt it the same muslims that caused the wahala huh? pressurize which government? for which country? go to aso villa and see if baba wont send monkeys on you. i said pray and u no one pray abi your muhammed (forgive the spelling) no dey answer prayer?
- well, 1) have you ever watched the documentary about the 9/11 commission(inquiries into what really happened on sept 11? if u have, how can u still say that its muslims that did this? have u read Micheal Moore's book, Fahrenheit 9/11? if u have and u still still blame muslims for 9/11, then we need to talk and besides even if Osama bin Laden actually did that, which i don't believe he did, how can you blame muslims for his actions? he is an independent being and i am an independent being, you can't blame me for his actions, just the way i can't blame you for Judas betraying Jesus or for the actions of some nasty christains on nairaland just because you're all christains.

Pressurerizing the govts doesnt mean, you go to the presidents house to talk to him personally, u can send letters, email or what'er to head of your local govt or whoever is in charge! and besides, it was just a suggestion, if u have a better idea u can bring it up, i am open to ideas.
"isnt it the same muslims that caused the wahala huh?" diddy, you're totally misunderstandin me here(purposely or genuine, i don't know) but do u know its not just muslims who r being killed in this conflict? there are so many Americans who are there for tourism. Isreali's are also being killed and Isreali's are not muslims as we both know.

so please lets get back to the issue, if im the only one feelin this sort of sympathy for the victims, you can just tell me to take my head and stick it where the sun don't shine and cry my heart out ok? i wont die, i see suffering in Nig, i know i'll get over it but i just want to feel like i've done something, i may not succeed but it wont hurt to try.

just tot i'd deal with this, we dont see Prophet Muhammed (u got the spellin rite) as God, ahn ahn, he is human like us and not above makin mistakes, he acknowledged that himself. Allah, is our only GOD.
Re: What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2006
m4malik, ok i admit it, i was a lil bit nasty to you and thats bcuz i have read some of your posts and i'm seriously not impressed, u sound like someone who just hates muslims! but thats ok(not really) because they are alot of muslim haters here and they(some of the christains) quote the hadiths(real hadiths or fake) just to try and support their claims! the real hadiths, they twist it to support their arguments.

i'm willin to forget my prejudices, only if you promise we discuss this civilly, no name callin(its not my thing), no false accusations, any accusations you make, you must have a solid proof,ok?
m4malik:

Please don't be so hurt - truth hurts, yes. . . but we're all seeking to understand these matters. It's not that people just don't want to understand your religion; what we can't understand is why all the hate and instigation in the Qur'an against non-Muslims? On the one hand Muhammad said there should be no compulsion in religion; and on the other hand he actually tried to coerce people into Islam and won't let them be if they chose not to follow his religion. The point is, why put them to death simply because they chose other religions?

what proof have you that Prophet Muhammed(SAW) killed anybody who refused to accept islam? you know thats not true, rite? muslims actually believe in Jesus, we think he was also a prophet but not God. like you said, there is no compulsion in religion, i wont respect you any less because u don't believe in my God, what makes me respect you is the way you handle yourself and the way you treat me. by coerce, i think u mean force? then no, he didnt coerce them, he just tried to convince them but never forced anyone

"As for the idea of pressurizing Governments in whatever country to act towards a cease-fire, that may be a brilliant idea; but in reality it will achieve virtually nothing while the war goes on. I'm still of the view that negotiations and diplomatic round-table talks based on "political correctness" is only scratching the surface of the matter. They should come full circle with the issue and address its roots without treating such groups as the Hezbollah with kid gloves. "--- i'm glad you think its a good idea, and yeah i agree with adressing the problem from its roots but for now, and we take things step by step and so lets start by stoppin the killin of these innocent people in the middle east through cease fire, then we can start discussin issues, killlin people isnt dealin with the matter from its root, you know?
Re: What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2006
i think i've dealt with the different accusations, and i hope ii did it well, now can we go back to the issue at hand? incase you have forgotten its the "middle east crises"pple pls come up with realistic ideas! thanks in advance.
Re: What Can We Do? by TayoD(m): 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2006
memyself,

No doubt the root cause of all these problems lies in Islam as a religion.  When the supreme leader of a nation called Iran, sanctions and approves the wiping out of another secular nation, then what do you expect?  Hezbollah is a military organization with a spiritual foundation that is based on Islam.  So this problem goes beyond Hezbollah to the clerics who teach these people that violence pays and killing an infidel is a means to everlasting enjoyment in the bossom of 72 virgins.  And where do these clerics get their information?  You guess right, it's the Qu'ran.

So we see here that Islam is the root cause of these problems and I hope you will maintain this perspective while trying to profer a solution, because anything short of this will only be a waste of time.
Re: What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2006
Tayo D, i beg to differ, how can Islam as a religion, be the root cause? Islam as a religion that has taught me EVERYTHING good about myself? Tayo D, i seriously disagree with your statement, there is absolutely nothing bad about my religion but there is something imperfect about the people practising the religion, we are ALL imperfect.

don't generalise, it aint rite! just because some muslims do this, doesnt mean all muslims are like this, its just not rite. i NEVER generalise, i let your attitude determine my attitude towards you-christain, muslim, jew, atheist or whoever. im not God, i never judge so why should you judge me by someone else's actions?

and yeah, pious men that go to paradise have been promised 72 virgins, well, i dont know why but sumfin dt God has said, mere mortal minds can not figure it out, so dont try to and drop it! and where in the Qur'an, have you seen where it said, violence is the rite way? pls quote.
Re: What Can We Do? by diddy4(m): 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2006
@me, myself

stop deceiving yourself ooo, muslims are responsible for 9/11 and no folklore will change ma mind cuzz i know dat islams where responsible and no fictious movie or book will change ma mind about that. i was watching CNN live when it happened.
Re: What Can We Do? by diddy4(m): 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2006
on a second thought, which government are u even talking of? is it the present state of naija or are u talking of USA cuzz i know there aint no kind of letter u will send dat will make them look at u. they dont even listen to the poor man begging on the roadside, it is us dat want them to go to isreal dat they will listen to. my suggestion is PRAY. or dont Allah answer your prayers?
Re: What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2006
ok fine, if you say so, u know all, rite? even if 9/11 was as a result of some stupid block head callin himself/herself a muslim dont judge the other muslims based on that. but like i said, i dont want2start arguing dt out, i shld be sleepin but i cant, Allah answers my prayers, u have no idea how well.

tell me its my imaginaton but do i sense some kind of hostility from u? why?
Re: What Can We Do? by diddy4(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2006
u havent seen me hostile so dont even go there. i dont know all but i know muslims are responsible for that and i aint judging no one cuzz i aint no one's god.
Re: What Can We Do? by memyself2(f): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2006
ok sir!!! so i guess we pray for them, ehn?
ok, i will but im so worried.

(1) (Reply)

Has God Left Africa? / What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness / Prof. Condemns Gay Son’s Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.