Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo (36488 Views)

Lorenzo's Wife / Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo / La Mujer De Mi Vida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by funmi2(f): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2006
this is a new mexican soap . i think it's going to be interesting. it just started today. i hope it is as interesting as WUAM. Soap opera "Lorenzo's Wife" by Iguana Productions and Venevision International is a story that portraits a perfect couple that actually is not. There are many missing ingredients that the perfect couple misses and that turns the story around to keep viewers plugged to their TVs. Isabella (Andrea Montenegro) is a rich woman, who wants to re-conquer the love of Lorenzo (Guillermo Perez). But Lorenzo is married and his wife Laura (Carolina Tejera) aware of Isabella's wish won't let go. Laura is married not for love. She gains Lorenzo's love when competing for it with Isabella. Laura realizes on love when it is too late for the couple to continue together. See it Monday through Wednesday at 10p.m. AIT , NIGERIA
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by elektra(f): 12:08am On Jul 25, 2006
I started today.
It's not too encouraging not like cuado seas mia.
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by snazzydawn(f): 12:16am On Jul 25, 2006
It is just like a Nigerian movie,only worse.Not so interesting.
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by Modups1(f): 10:33am On Jul 25, 2006
i laughed so hard yesterday once i heard the accent of the voice over, na south african or australian
the whole soap looks unserious but lets give it another week b4 i give final judgment
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by ontheair: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2006
Hey guys you are really discouraging me watching this telenovela without even seeing the first episode!
Well, right now, my TV now speaks SPANISH - official language of Mexico considering the number of Mexican telenovelas on Nigeria TV now after that soar away success of WUAM.
Well let's still give it another week b/4 condemning it. But truly, the success of telenovelas is really the first episode but some do pick up later though. I fear with all these comment it might just end up being drabby!
MISSED IT YESTERDAY ANYWAY!
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by funmi2(f): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2006
yeah. let's give it a week. abeg. u neva can tel. grin cheesy smiley wink
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by bagoma(f): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2006
i concur, its too early to pass judgement.
however ait should know that they ought to give viewers something that equals if not surpass the standard of WUAM so as to sustain the interest of viewers in mexican soaps.
i have not started watching this and i hope it turns out fine else i'll dump it. one time!
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by beyunce(f): 8:19am On Jul 26, 2006
For now. it sucks
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by ontheair: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2006
He beyunce, did you watch it yesterday?
Why do you think it sucks and what do you guys think of the new star advert as against the guninness'.
Just too similar and it's a big shame on NB PLC for that star advert in trems of concept.
Show.
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by BMusa1(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2006
I haven't watched any episode of the soap opera. Cos most of them span over year(s) b4 completion, keeping one committed 4 a long period of time. Only if i can hav an insight as to how many wks d soap will b on the air waves. undecided
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by Seun(m): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2006
I expect it to be bettter than When You Are Mine, but if you're already a fan of DIego and Paloma you won't be impressed with this one no matter how good it is! When You Are Mine has first mover advantage.
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by pati(f): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2006
it's not so encouraging but lets see how far it goes
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by shantell(f): 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2006
really so mexican films are already in nigeria its so much here in spain so many telenovelas like passion de gavilanes, rebelde, madrastra, contra viento y marea, la fea mas bella, la mujer en el espejo and so many others and they are quite interesting, smiley
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by djcrucifix(m): 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2006
what is this soap opera anyway?
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by annmarien(f): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2006
hey you guys take it easy on the telenovela. ok yes its not as interesting as WUAM for now but don't pass judgement till next week. it was kinda boring on monday anyway. could someone please update me on yesterday's episode? i stopped at the point isabella walked into lorenzo's office. please anyone could help me from there. wink
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by annmarien(f): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2006
hey guys i have been trying to look up the net to find any info on lorenzo's wife but didn't find much that helped. even the little i found was in very bad english. angry. from what i can see, the soap is not as loved as WUAM which has a lot of info on the net. please people i would really, really appreciate it if anyone could give me a site or something where i could find something of help. would be waiting for you guys, chao wink
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by annmarien(f): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2006
hi guys, i would like anyone who knows to please tell me if mexican soaps are aired in ghana and if so,is it in line with nigeria as in showing the same episodes or are we ahead or behind?
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by Jalal(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2006
Well am goin to watch it for the first time 2day
@Ann Marien are u in Ghana?
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by Bigtee(m): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2006
Well as for me. I'm not down with all the rejected soap operas they dump for us to watch in Naija.
well lets see how it goes, but i don't really expect much.

see how WUAM is winding up, so boring now.

ENCOURAGE OUR NAIJA SOAPS!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by Jalal(m): 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2006
I dont hav to giv it a week, it sucks big time, i was bored after only watchin for like 5 mins. Anyway thats my opinion o!!!
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by annmarien(f): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2006
@ jalal, i am not in ghana but i want to know because i would soon be going there. i don't want to mss my soaps.
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by ontheair: 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2006
First, I think bigtee is the only one who has really hit the nail on the head! As much as we love the telenovelas, can we have Nigerian soaps that can be as interesting as them?! I just hope we don't end up like the Americans who are complaining that Mexican telenovelas have become more popular than their once loved soap opera (GOOD FOR THEM THOUGH) but I wish we can use this opportunity to make our stories grow.
By the way, Fabian’s acting on last night’s edition of WUAM was wow!!!! I was just like, shouting all the way - the last scene of yesterday's edition. I just can bring to mind any Nigerian artist that can recreate that mood. That guy, despite being the villain was too good; I feel he is the hero of that telenovela.
Now, I saw last night's episode of Lorenzo's wife but I slept off after about a couple of scenes but then not probably because I was bored perhaps I just slept off. I did notice that, unlike WUAM, where the acting is so flawless in sync with its’ transliterations, Lorenzo’s wife isn't gotten it nor do the other telenovelas on the other channels!
All about camila (MBI, MITV, RSTV etc), WOMAN OF MY LIFE (GALAXY) and others that all those guys that get on the bandwagon of what sell are throwing at us now. As usual, it isn’t rocket science that all of this telenovelas will become boring, like, REALLLLYYYYY BO-RINGGGGGGG SOON!!!!!!!!!!
Well, Ann Marien, I think you can get to watch some Mexican telenovelas on Ghanaian TV like metro TV and even GTV, I believe, after-all Ghana is the hub of all the imported telenovelas, it thrives there! And if you are missing home a bit, get hold of some DSTV decoder and watch good old AIT, CHANNELS and all other Lagos based TV Channels expect perhaps, GALAXY TV.
GOOD LUCK!

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE NEW STAR ADVERT IN COMPARISON WITH THE GUINNESS VERSION ( TOO SIMILAR ISN"T IT?)
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by annmarien(f): 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2006
@ ontheair. thaks a lot for the contribution. yeah, the star and guiness adverts are similar alright. i think the star advert makers got the idea from the guiness advert but there is no problem cause the star advert is still kinda lame. tongue
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by naijadiva2(f): 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2006
i didn't know they had spanish shows in nigeria. do they have sub titles in english so that you can understand them.
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by Seun(m): 11:10am On Jul 28, 2006
The sound tracks are <dubbed?> by English voice actors.
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by densman(f): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2006
well i dont think we should classify the soap if you listened to the presenter's speech before the first episode you will understand that this soap is going to be very intresting, well not as intresting as wuam. smiley
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by gbadex1(m): 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2006
Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh GOD! not again! don't tell me they are about to start another stupid "diego and parloma" on TV. all thanks to World Cup, the allergy people suffered from that stupid show was drastically reduced. now there are introducing a new one.

just the names alone are depressing. the woman of my life. camila. when you are mine. before you know it, they would be introducing "Condoms are not the answer" cheesy

believe me people, watching Teletubbies for 3 agonising hours is better. even though, that one in itself is a near-death experience cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by Jalal(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2006
Gbade u don come again tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by funmi2(f): 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2006
densman:

well i don't think we should classify the soap if you listened to the presenter's speech before the first episode you will understand that this soap is going to be very intresting, well not as intresting as wuam. smiley

thank u jare my brother. this is a summary of this soap.

Laurita (Carolina Tejera) and Lorenzo (Guillermo Perez) have what everyone considers "the perfect marriage." He's handsome, refined, educated, rich and he adores his wife. She's beautiful, elegant, a true society lady: the ideal mate for a man like him. However, since not all that glitters is gold, there's something wrong with this couple. Laurita is bored with her marriage and this simple fact sparks off a series of events that no one will be able to control. It all begins with the appearance of Alex, a young and frivolous opportunist whose principal occupation is seducing rich women by using his job as a "personal trainer" to get close to them. When Laurita meets Alex (Yul Burkle), she feels an overwhelming physical attraction. As she continues to see him at the gym she attends, they become friends and, eventually, passionate lovers. Convinced that she is in love with Alex, Laurita makes the difficult decision to leave Lorenzo. But when she speaks to her attorney, he reminds her that the prenuptial agreement she signed will leave her penniless if she files for divorce. Crazy about Alex, but not willing to give up all the luxuries she is accustomed to, Laurita decides to find another solution. The plan is to have Lorenzo be the one to ask for the divorce and voluntarily give her half of his assets. How will she accomplish this? By making sure that he falls in love with another woman. The perfect candidate is Silvia (Adriana Louvier), Lorenzo's new assistant, a pretty, simple and sweet young woman. In cohorts with her best friend, fashion designer Giacomo Bonicelli, Laurita approaches Silvia, offering her an "innocent" friendship, and gradually molds her into the kind of woman Lorenzo would be drawn to. Little by little, Lorenzo and Silvia begin to feel strongly attracted to each other - but things are not as easy as Laurita expected, as Silvia is already in love with Alex, her boyfriend of several years. Laurita's scheme becomes even more complicated with the arrival of Isabela (Andrea Montenegro), Lorenzo's former fiancee, who returns from abroad intending to take over Lorenzo's company. Isabela is bitter because Laurita stole her man, and now she wants to get back at both of them. On the road to revenge, Isabela becomes Alex's lover, causing a lot of headaches for Laurita. In time, Silvia and Lorenzo acknowledge that a deep, true love has flourished between them, and Lorenzo finally decides to ask Laurita for a divorce. But now that everything is turning out the way she planned, Laurita realizes what she is about to lose, so she changes her mind and launches into a fierce war to recover Lorenzo. In the end, who will be Lorenzo's woman? Which one will be victorious?
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by Jalal(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2006
Lorenzo is a lucky guy o!!! All those women fighting 4 him!!! grin grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by annmarien(f): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2006
no be small oooo, i am just trying to find out who would be his woman at the end, either silvia or isabella but most likely silvia. then what would happen to poor isabella? i really hope she gets her revenge and the problem is that she is still in love with lorenzo.the poor thing cry cry cry. i hope laurita suffers a lot. she'll lose everything. does anyone have the summaries episode by episode? and please could someone kindly tell me what happened in tuesday's and wednesday's episodes? pretty please , i would be waiting eagerly for a reply
Re: Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo by snazzydawn(f): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2006
Jalal:

Lorenzo is a lucky guy o!!! All those women fighting 4 him!!! grin grin grin tongue tongue

WORD!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ike Almost Fought Seyi In Defense Of Mercy While Tacha Nearly Fought Frodd / BBNAIJA: The Moment Seyi And Tacha Came Back To Big Brother Naija House (Video) / BBNaija: Tacha Gets Verified By Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.