Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here (5891 Views)

How Can A Food Technologist Work In An Oil N Gas Firm / Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria / What Is The Prospect Of The Science Laboratory Technologist In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by Baddo101(m): 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
I am an environmental technologist wth certifications in safety and i will like other environmental & safety fields: engineers,scientist. etc in nigeria and diaspora to join me in this discussion.
I have been having this notion that despite safety and environmental challenges the world is having of which nigeria is not exempted it seems safety and environmental fields are not given much value in terms of employment in nigeria even as a voluntary job..pls share your opinion.
what could b d way out?
tnx
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Following strongly. A proud Urban and Regional Planner with HSE certification.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by ayoola190: 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
space booked
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 1:00am On Aug 26, 2014
I read Environmental Engineering in Civil Engineering dept. I have never practice. Presently into multimedia.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by edwardjr: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
kel4soft: I read Environmental Engineering in Civil Engineering dept. I have never practice. Presently into multimedia.
Kel4soft wats d difference btw environmental engr. In civil dept n dat of chemical engr.?
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
edwardjr:
Kel4soft wats d difference btw environmental engr. In civil dept n dat of chemical engr.?

The difference is that in Civil Engineering, you are meant to be train as an engineer on environment for example, you are required to know structures courses very well because of constructions of Dams, Waste Stabilization pond, Sewage ponds, Water Reservoirs and other Environmental Engineering related constructions. So without the knowledge of Civil Engineering especially structure courses like strength of materials, Theory of Structures, Structural Analysis and other Geotechnical courses like Soil Mechanics, Engineering Geology and Survey. Even you must know Traffic & Highway Engineering because you need it for Noise & Vibration Control. One can't be a well trained Environmental Engineer.

Environmental Engineering in Chemical engineering has to do with the construction of chemical equipment that can help keep the environment clean. For example: Refineries flare gasses, the environmental engineers are required to built a stack (check google) to trap the plums released from different combustion. Sulphurisors Construction and others. So without the knowledge of Chemistry of combustion, there will be difficult in designing a proper stack.

From the above explanation, you can see the differences.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by edwardjr: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
thanks a lot bro.4ur detailed explanation Pls lets extend dis network beyond nairaland at email:ubongesin@gmail.com. Thnk u! Thnk u!! Thank u!!!
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by Baddo101(m): 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
indeed Environmental profession is so vast..... u can only major in one aspect.....
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by edwardjr: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
how do i knw d schools in nigeria which their MSc in environmental engr.deals more abt chemical engr.?
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by galaxi(m): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2014
wow!!! i like this.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
edwardjr: how do i knw d schools in nigeria which their MSc in environmental engr.deals more abt chemical engr.?

University of Port Harcourt MSC will help you.I remember as an undergraduate I helped a Chemical Engineering student in her final year project in designing Plums system. The geometrics involve in plums are exhaustively discuss. Please if you can get Environmental Engineering Textbook by Sincero & Sincero. Both are couple who read Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering respectively in their first degree bit proceeded in Environmental Engineering in MSC. The truth, No Civil Engineering, No Environmental Engineering and No Chemical Engineering, Branched Environmental Engineering.

Also try Intergrated Solid Waste Management (Engineering Principles and Management Issues) by George Tchobanoglous. In this textbook Engineering Solid Waste Management is analaysed with designs of modern routing of waste haulaging and you should know the essence of engineering is to maximize profits and reduce cost. This textbook helps you to that with your knowledge in Traffic/Highway Engineering.

1 Like

Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please any questions on Environmental Engineering as a discipline suc has career, scope, etc. Please I am ever willing to answer.

1 Like

Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by segzysexy(m): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2014
Hallo friend, I really appreciate your contributions toward moving environmental engineering and science to a great peak. I am currently a student of water resources and environmental engineering in ABU zaria. The course is so nice and broad.currently am on IT. Where can I get those textbooks u listed above in lagos and which part of these two branches can u advise me to go for in my masters degree. Tanks for your response

1 Like

Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by princemike2005(m): 1:50am On Sep 05, 2014
kel4soft: Please any questions on Environmental Engineering as a discipline suc has career, scope, etc. Please I am ever willing to answer.
Please am a recent graduate of environmental science based in delta state and am due for service in march 2015.I would like to ask if der s any training or openings I could apply for to keep myself busy for the next 6months cause idleness is d devils workshop.thanks
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by Baddo101(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2014
princemike2005:
Please am a recent graduate of environmental science based in delta state and am due for service in march 2015.I would like to ask if der s any training or openings I could apply for to keep myself busy for the next 6months cause idleness is d devils workshop.thanks
If u have the money there are lots and lots of training courses. it just depends on wat u re intersted in..............
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
princemike2005:

Try HSE courses, you can get connect to some good companies that will need your services. Trust me, Environmental world is a broad one and can be lucrative if our country encourages young graduates who are ready to create a new world.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
segzysexy: Hallo friend, I really appreciate your contributions toward moving environmental engineering and science to a great peak. I am currently a student of water resources and environmental engineering in ABU zaria. The course is so nice and broad.currently am on IT. Where can I get those textbooks u listed above in lagos and which part of these two branches can u advise me to go for in my masters degree. Tanks for your response

Sorry, I saw this late that is the more reason why you should quote any moniker you are asking question on this forum. On your question, I don't know where you will get the textbooks in Lagos, but go to University of Lagos Bookshops or any Engineering Bookshops. You will definetly see them. I bought mine here in Port Harcourt at a certian Bookshop in Choba campus of University of Port Harcourt.

Please, Where is your attachment? Please go to a place that is related to your course of study. On M.Sc, when you are through with your first degree, you can then decide if you are furthering.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by segzysexy(m): 12:00am On Sep 07, 2014
kel4soft:

Sorry, I saw this late that is the more reason why you should quote any moniker you are asking question on this forum. On your question, I don't know where you will get the textbooks in Lagos, but go to University of Lagos Bookshops or any Engineering Bookshops. You will definetly see them. I bought mine here in Port Harcourt at a certian Bookshop in Choba campus of University of Port Harcourt.

Please, Where is your attachment? Please go to a place that is related to your course of study. On M.Sc, when you are through with your first degree, you can then decide if you are furthering.
tanx for the response kel4soft i really appreciate your reply.which course or certification can i apply for apart from my previous degree that can make me marketable and productive in the labour market.thanks
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by poiZon: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
kel4soft:

bro no mind our differences when it comes to politics, abeg hw much will i pay to enrol in HSE course? though wanted enterng maritime sector, got certificates in oil n chemical tnker familiarizatn n mandtory. :hv B.Sc in environmental science. thnx for ur response.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
poiZon:

bro no mind our differences when it comes to politics, abeg hw much will i pay to enrol in HSE course? though wanted enterng maritime sector, got certificates in oil n chemical tnker familiarizatn n mandtory. :hv B.Sc in environmental science. thnx for ur response.

My guy, leave politics for politics <laugh>

Well to enrol in HSE, it depends on your location. Here in PH, I paid HSE 1 &2 80K. So it depends.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
segzysexy: tanx for the response kel4soft i really appreciate your reply.which course or certification can i apply for apart from my previous degree that can make me marketable and productive in the labour market.thanks

M.Sc is the way forward bro.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by poiZon: 8:56am On Sep 08, 2014
kel4soft:

My guy, leave politics for politics <laugh>

Well to enrol in HSE, it depends on your location. Here in PH, I paid HSE 1 &2 80K. So it depends.

so basic mandatory from maritime academy cant substitute hse?
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by segzysexy(m): 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
kel4soft:

M.Sc is the way forward bro.
are you currently practising your profession or have diverted to something else?
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by chidi4eze(m): 12:00am On Sep 09, 2014
I studied human physiology for my bsc...and I want to goto the environmental health and safety line..what do I do?thanks
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 4:55am On Sep 09, 2014
segzysexy: are you currently practising your profession or have diverted to something else?

I am currently into multimedia but I also don't missed my library.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 4:56am On Sep 09, 2014
chidi4eze: I studied human physiology for my bsc...and I want to goto the environmental health and safety line..what do I do?thanks

That is HSE, you are good to go. HSE is not restricted to a particular discipline.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by kel4soft: 4:57am On Sep 09, 2014
poiZon:

so basic mandatory from maritime academy cant substitute hse?

Well it can. I am thinking of getting some marine papers. Just saying.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by segzysexy(m): 10:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
kel4soft:

I am currently into multimedia but I also don't missed my library.
thats great. Is it possible for me to apply drilling or marine engineering for masters degree with my b.eng in water and environmental eng?
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by edwardjr: 9:30am On Sep 10, 2014
@Kel4soft:u did environ.engr.in uniport? As a chemical engr(B.Eng).can i do MSc in environmental engr.in uniport because i found out it is under civil engr.dept. or wud i b given options to specialize?
P.S. Why am asking is i dont knw of a skul rite nw in nigeria dats do environmental engr.in chemical engr.dept so,if u r aware pls help me. Thank u
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by galaxi(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
The bitter truth is that getting a job as an environmentalist with your first degree is very difficult in nigeria and going for professional certification is also very expensive.
Is a good discipline but getting started as a begineer is not easy.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by Baddo101(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
galaxi: The bitter truth is that getting a job as an environmentalist with your first degree is very difficult in nigeria and going for professional certification is also very expensive.
Is a good discipline but getting started as a begineer is not easy.
Brother i quite agree wth u.
Re: Environmental (environmental Technologist,safety Etc):lets Meet Here by galaxi(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Baddo101:
Brother i quite agree wth u.
Do you know companies that employ environmentalists with first degree?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acca P3, P4 & P5 Lsbf Video Lecture For June 2013 / Compliance Manager Duties,pls Explain / Start A Career In Public Speaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.