Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (39096 Views)

Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by naptu2: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
From Defence Headquarters twitter feed and blog (also reported on BBC Focus On Africa).

DEFENCE HQ NIGERIA
@ DefenceInfoNG

Story: Confirming the Nigerian Soldiers found in Cameroun defenceinfo.mil.ng/big-story-the-… RT #CounterInsurgency #DefenceNewsNow
https://mobile.twitter.com/DefenceInfoNG/status/503948152526110722

[size=14pt]BIG STORY: THE NIGERIAN SOLDIERS FOUND IN CAMEROUN[/size]

The Nigerian troops that were found in Cameroun was as a result of a sustained battle between the troops and the terrorists around the borders with Cameroun which saw the Nigerian troops charging through the borders in a tactical maneuver. Eventually they found themselves on Camerounian soil. Being allies the normal protocol of managing such incident demanded that the troops submit their weapons in order to assure the friendly country that they were not on a hostile mission.

Following necessary discussions between Nigerian and Camerounian military authorities, the issues have been sorted out. Subsequently, the troops are on their way back to join their unit in Nigeria.

The reference to the incidence as a defection is therefore not appropriate considering the discussion between the two countries’ military leadership and the series of contacts with the soldiers who have confirmed that they are safe.

Meanwhile, troops are repelling a group of terrorists who are trying to enter the country through Gamborou Ngala. A group of them who fizzled into the town are being pursued.

http://defenceinfo.mil.ng/big-story-the-nigerian-soldiers-found-in-cameroun/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by fiverrwin(f): 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ok lie lie people

49 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
This is grade one lie.The men were working so hard that they crossed our lines (3) to enter another territory.
Chai...let's hear from their Cameroon Military authorities counterparts. So has Cameroon returned our weapons or are they holding them and our soldiers as prisoners of war.
Who is the GOC of this battalion? I smell sack soon.
Jona pls act grin

54 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
pls let them know ,#ignorance# i just couldn't just stop laughing while i read people comment on the other thread.
i blame our copy and paste journalist sha

9 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by untainted: 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is a believable explanation.
I have no reason to doubt it in the absence of further conflicting revelations.

59 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by arresa: 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
Even nollywood go return this story back to sender...

Military lies, government lies the whole administration breath and eat lies....

Very shameful and pathetic..

73 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by doctokwus: 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
So if for e.g,american troops enter mexico,dey wud surrender all their weapons to d mexicans.Which competent miltary force evn surrenders any inch of its territory to a terrorist organisation.Again,to show dat dis pr by d military hq might be a lie,y didn't d troops retreat back into a part of d nigerian territory.
D only gud news frm dis disastrous campaign is dat its becoming evident dat dat nigeria shudnt av bn united in d first place,dose far north are too different in many ways to share d same country wt saner minds elsewhere in nigeria.

23 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by DickDastardly(m): 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nigerian Lie-gerian Army

58 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Litmus: 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
What our military says makes more sense than the idea that more than 400 Nigerian soldiers fled to Cameroon. Although if true, i think that Nigeria is being too honoring of international conventions if they hand their weapons to Cameroon.

Question would be, what happened to the terrorists that they were pursuing into Cameroon ?

39 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by eunisam: 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
we are ontop of d matter

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by oduastates: 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Can't help but feel insulted by this clueless lie .
You wonder how bad the parents of the missing girls are feeling right now.
These guys are so dumb and that when they tell lies, you develop a migraine instantly.
Go to any government ministry in this country.
It is the same thing.
Insult galore.
Most lack basic customers service skills .
Even most of the so-called "puff"essor are anything but.
I have seen many first degree holders elsewhere, with more brains and practical experience than most of them.

33 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thanks for the clarification. As a patriotic citizen I ignored the defection "news" waiting for the Military's official statement. I believe in the capability of the Military in combating the insurgency, I hope for more wisdom to the President and Military High Command. To those that deliberately or unconsciously gv moral and psychological support to the insurgents through your comments and statements, I urge you to have a deep rethink on the effect of such actions on the morale of the military, our nation's security and our territoral integrity.

God bless the Military
God bless the C-in-C
God bless Nigeria

121 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by RedEboe(m): 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
When we warn Nigerians that Boko Haram has an extensive propaganda machinery being supported by a section of the local & foreign media,people doubt.

This statement by Defense head quarters makes perfect sense. If soldiers wanted to defect or desert they would have easily disposed of their weapons / uniforms and blended with the local fleeing populace. SIMPLE

God bless Nigeria.

73 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by kokoA(m): 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
I still don't understand o abeg. . They were chasing the bad guys and they mistakenly entered cameroun or the bad guys chased them and somehow somehow they found themselves in Cameroun?

39 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Arosa(m): 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
This makes sense to me. Ok carry on boys.

19 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
RedEboe: When we warn Nigerians that Boko Haram has an extensive propaganda machinery being supported by a section of the local & foreign media,people doubt.

This statement by Defense head quarters makes perfect sense. If soldiers wanted to defect or desert they would have easily disposed of their weapons / uniforms and blended with the local fleeing populace. SIMPLE

God bless Nigeria.
I believe the media keep sticking to falsehood for commercial gain and not necessarily political

22 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Se awon were yi ro pe okola ni gbogbo wa abi Ode Omu l'ati wa?

10 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by jmaine: 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
Okay .. . . .Over to the nay sayers and purveyors of chaos . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
i think the reason given is reasonable....how can a group of 480 people have the same aim to desert . undecided undecided..God will save us from the BH Propanganda

38 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by swaystunna(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Equip the military.Simple
Y is it so hard for them to do ?!

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by otokx(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
see better falling of hand; they would have kept quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by tit(f): 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
kokoA: I still don't understand o abeg. . They were chasing the bad guys and they mistakenly entered cameroun or the bad guys chased them and somehow somehow they found themselves in Cameroun?

either case is neither defection or desertion.
Running is an allowed military maneuver!

10 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by jmaine: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
otokx: see better falling of hand; they would have kept quiet.

So that you can run around town with your ignorance right ?

28 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
Abioo na him dey call retreat for english language....Yoruba go say "Moja masaa" literally mean he who knows how to fight must know when to beat a retreat grin grin...chikena!!! God will protect our soldiers
tit:

either case is neither defection or desertion.
Running is an allowed military maneuver!

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by komekn(m): 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
There is a current co-operation and joint multi national forces agreement with Chad , Niger and Cameroon that was instituted through Holland in Paris a few moths ago.

Part of that process has seen cross border patrols and joint operations, it would be expected that there would be occasional but regular cross border incursions into each other's territories in pursuit of Boko Haram insurgents. There would be no requirement therefore for a surrender of weapons from such incursions which are co-operative and not hostile.

I am baffled beyond reason as the explanations presented by the NA just do not stand up to rational appraisal, I'm sorry but I find these propositions of events to be questionable, particularly a we have known the NA to tell blatant lies and then when caught retract their earlier statements.

Lets see as the real truth unfolds

31 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by meforyou1(m): 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
fiverrwin: Ok lie lie people
how do u know it's a lie?

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by CharlieMaria(m): 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by kadas01(m): 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2014
We would surely Win this war!!!

No amount of "blackmail"; either local or foreign that would deter us from Winning this war!!!

God bless our Armed Forces!
God bless Nigeria!

16 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Babyboy1986(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Its a "lie" o,

Nigeria soldiers are "defecting" to Cameroun!

Boko Haram and BBC and Al Jazera, and Press TV and CNN are the ones telling the "truth"!

Any Nigeria who dares to accept the version from the Nigeria army and government are "paid agents" of the government!

I hope the above has made me a "progressive"?

15 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Fmdipo(m): 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by akpanikpe(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / Panic As Firing Gunmen Enforce Sit-at-home In Asaba / Lagos State Labour Party Secures Court Order Compelling INEC To Transmit Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.