Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (39093 Views)

Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by YourCoffin: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
Enough of all these nonsense. Both reports are lies. I'm off to the border to confirm myself.

Which one of the borders is that again?

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Amya(f): 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
dking123:

i strongly believe that bh has strong media machinery.

True. And somehow people actually believe that 400+ men will all decide at once to defect to Cameroon of all nations! Are people really that dumb to believe that? What's the point of the defection exactly? They all of a sudden want to be cameroonians? What about there wives and children? Their families? Friends?

Do people know what defection mean? Why in the world would people choose to believe propaganda fallacies even when it's staring them right in the face, and choose to believe lies that even a 3 year old can see through.

SMH for some people.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Missy89(f): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lol at tactical maneuver

Nigerian military is now very rotten and needs a complete overhaul .

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
Amya:
True. And somehow people are actually believe that 400+ men will all decide at once to defect to Cameroon of all nations! Are people really that dumb to believe that? What's the point of the defection exactly? They all of a sudden want to be cameroonians? What about there wives and children? Their families? Friends?

Do people know what defection mean? Why in the world would people choose to believe propaganda fallacies even when it's staring them right in the face, and rather choose to believe lies that even a 3 year old can see through.

SMH for some people.

ode oponu ayirada.

did they defect or desert?
didn't you see them running in boko videos?

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by gudnex22(m): 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
doctokwus: So if for e.g,american troops enter mexico,dey wud surrender all their weapons to d mexicans.Which competent miltary force evn surrenders any inch of its territory to a terrorist organisation.Again,to show dat dis pr by d military hq might be a lie,y didn't d troops retreat back into a part of d nigerian territory.
D only gud news frm dis disastrous campaign is dat its becoming evident dat dat nigeria shudnt av bn united in d first place,dose far north are too different in many ways to share d same country wt saner minds elsewhere in nigeria.
america this america that beleive it or not who send you
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by DECOtech(m): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: Thanks for the clarification. As a patriotic citizen I ignored the defection "news" waiting for the Military's official statement. I believe in the capability of the Military in combating the insurgency, I hope for more wisdom to the President and Military High Command. To those that deliberately or unconsciously gv moral and psychological support to the insurgents through your comments and statements, I urge you to have a deep rethink on the effect of such actions on the morale of the military, our nation's security and our territoral integrity.

God bless the Military
God bless the C-in-C
God bless Nigeria
God bless you too
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by signz: 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
It makes more sense now. How can a whole battalion deserting (with our army uniform and guns) still be together if it wasn't tactical?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by MARKone(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mariopgomery: If the nigerian army are as spineless as most of u say, dont u think boko haram would have overrun the country by now?

Nobody is saying that they are spin less. The problem is that the whole system is corrupt. The soldiers' moral are in its lowest ebb, motivation appears to be an illusion. In contrast, these are the same soldiers that performed gallantly in UN peace missions, Liberia and Sierra Leone, so what is happening?

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by kingschild123(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Why soldiers no go run, using boko haram soldiers to fight boko haram how do u expect them to win the war.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Missy89(f): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mariopgomery: If the nigerian army are as spineless as most of u say, dont u think boko haram would have overrun the country by now?

Dont be ridiculous. That is not a good defense. The army is spineless and in total shambles! It is just the basic truth.
Why would boko haram want to overrun the whole country? that is tactically impossible because of logistics and supplies not because of one imaginary military might .

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by gudnex22(m): 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
noblezone: Its a "lie" o,

Nigeria soldiers are "defecting" to Cameroun!

Boko Haram and BBC and Al Jazera, and Press TV and CNN are the ones telling the "truth"!

Any Nigeria who dares to accept the version from the Nigeria army and government are "paid agents" of the government!

I hope the above has made me a "progressive"?

beleiving cnn bbc aljazeera is like beleiving that salt and water can cure ebola

4 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
Reski: Another TAN ambassador commententing.
Maybe you didnt read the first report which the camerounian authorities claimed the Nigerian troops sort refuge in cameroun.
As for Dhq telling us its a tactical manuever. Is Nigeria not big enough again for them to manuever or watever name they call outright desertion that they have to enter camerounian territory.
Must you be political? What has TAN got to do with the military? I am one of Jonathan's biggest critics when it comes to his leadership style and his administration but I will ALWAYS support him when it comes to National Security and the Wellbeing of the citizenry. We shouldn't play politics with National Security. In fact opposition and everyone must queue behind the President and the Military against insurgency and terrorism. I have faith that we shall end this war sooner than expected

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Emekamex(m): 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
This country is hopeless.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by gudnex22(m): 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
aroleodua:

ode oponu ayirada.

boko haram uses thesame uniform as 9ja army may be that vedio was shoot by bh as propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by numericalguy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
BIG STORY: THE NIGERIAN SOLDIERS FOUND IN CAMEROUN

The Nigerian troops that were found in Cameroun was as a result of a sustained battle between the troops and the terrorists around the borders with Cameroun which saw the Nigerian troops charging through the borders in a tactical maneuver. Eventually they found themselves on Camerounian soil. Being allies the normal protocol of managing such incident demanded that the troops submit their weapons in order to assure the friendly country that they were not on a hostile mission.

Following necessary discussions between Nigerian and Camerounian military authorities, the issues have been sorted out. Subsequently, the troops are on their way back to join their unit in Nigeria.

The reference to the incidence as a defection is therefore not appropriate considering the discussion between the two countries’ military leadership and the series of contacts with the soldiers who have confirmed that they are safe.

Meanwhile, troops are repelling a group of terrorists who are trying to enter the country through Gamborou Ngala. A group of them who fizzled into the town are being pursued.

Liegerian troops charging through the borders in a tactical maneuver trying desperately to escape from BH grin

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Amya(f): 8:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
aroleodua:

ode oponu ayirada.

So any videos you see soldiers running ultimately means it's the present battle between boko haram and the NA.

Funny enough if they are really winning as they want dumbasses like you to believe, they won't be desperate enough to start posting videos of their 'supposed winning' on the internet. By now, they'd have simply hoisted there flag in aso rock, and we'll now be know as BH Republic.

ODE!!!

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by dady12: 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
how can 480 people flee the same time to cameroon just because of boko haram over powering them?this countries and thier allies sponsoring boko haram want to make.jest of our gallant.soldiers through propaganda.nigeria soldier are know for thier bravery.now i can conclude that we are.not only fighting with boko haram but with their sponsoring.countr es.why should we mobilize our army to fight terrorist t in mali?why cant US and british come out and do the same to nigeria?this is similar thg that make the world fight the terrorist when then were seizing and hosting their flag in mali but they remain silent in our case because they predicted nigeria to break up before 2015.who know who is behind this boko haram?their fighter jet can spot chibok girls but they cant rescue them.there is God oooo

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Ishilove: 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
pDude: After watching this video do you now believe that Nigeria is in deep shyt?

See our soldiers running to the hills like pussi.es cry cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dg4fna60eA
Better they run like pusssies than die like chickens. Morale is very low, the weapons given to them, pre-historic and those Kevlar vests can't even stop a nail, talk of bullets. The boko pigs have better and more sophisticated weaponry. Abeg who wan die like chicken?

We can call these boys cowards when those fat cats in Abuja start fighting side by side with them, but until then, I totally stand with them in their decision to flee.

3 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by datribune: 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
another committee thingz
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Ejovwoke(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
This answers it all......best comment of this thread....
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Amya(f): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Missy89:

Dont be ridiculous. That is not a good defense. The army is spineless and in total shambles! It is just the basic truth.
Why would boko haram want to overrun the whole country? that is tactically impossible because of logistics and supplies not because of one imaginary military might .

So what's the terrorist's point anyway If they are not trying to overrun the whole country. What are they fighting for exactly?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by segend(m): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
YourCoffin: Enough of all these nonsense. Both reports are lies. I'm off to the border to confirm myself.

Which one of the borders is that again?

Abeg, confirm quick make we know the truth grin wink
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Missy89: Lol at tactical maneuver

Nigerian military is now very rotten and needs a complete overhaul .

Since there were three battalions taking on Boko Haram houdini in that theatre.

It's safe to say, this battalion tactically maneuvered their overpowered and exhausted ar.ses to Cameroon for safety, while the other two tactically maneuvered to either their graves or Niger. But how come we've not heard anything about the tactical maneuver of the other two? grin

Anyway, since they might be cotching in Niger - let me Nas give you an official statement on how things got ugly. "They got Nigeria and Niger, two different countries/Somehow Niger turned to nig.ger, and shiit got ugly." - Nas cool

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Mobsync(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
Litmus: Guys, it just does not make sense that 480 soldiers fled to Cameroon if you ponder the idea and enormity. If 450 ordinary citizens suddenly got up and fled to Cameroon as refugees because of the fighting around them this would be extraordinary let alone 450 soldiers. What part of the army is even 450 men, is it a platoon, unit, squad undecided

450 soldiers are about two companies or half of a battalion. It depends.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by cadaverMortis: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
I think the FG should ban BBC and other western media who just take delight in reporting lopsided news in bokos favor, even the ebola news was bloated out of proportion, just to make Nigeria look bad, i think many stakeholders will delight in the spliting up of nigeria, BBC and CNN serve as propaganda machine for boko, conducting fake interviews, showing bogus videos etc, i feel its time they are censored and their activities monitored, their news about tleven the most mundane of issues concerning nigeria is always suspect and malicious

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
DECOtech: God bless you too
Amen same 2 u
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by DonaldGenes(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
What happened to the famous Civillian JTF that used to support our military? Or have the frizzled OUT
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Missy89(f): 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
Amya:

So what's the terrorist's point anyway If they are not trying to overrun the whole country. What are they fighting for exactly?

They create acts of terror till the get want they want.

I dont need to tell you what BH wants, that's pretty clear
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Mariopgomery(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
Missy89:

boko haram have been giving the nigerian army and fg sleepless nights for years now, do you really think without our military defences they would stop in the north only? Supplies aint their problem.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by DonaldGenes(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
segend:

Abeg, confirm quick make we know the truth grin wink
Evil comment grin

Silly boy
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by nagoma(m): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: Thanks for the clarification. As a patriotic citizen I ignored the defection "news" waiting for the Military's official statement. I believe in the capability of the Military in combating the insurgency, I hope for more wisdom to the President and Military High Command. To those that deliberately or unconsciously gv moral and psychological support to the insurgents through your comments and statements, I urge you to have a deep rethink on the effect of such actions on the morale of the military, our nation's security and our territoral integrity
God bless the Military
God bless the C-in-C
God bless Nigeria

But my Dear, the terrorists are in Zambisa forest hundreds of miles from Cameroon.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Missy89(f): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
SirShymex:

Since there were three battalions taking on Boko Haram houdini in that theatre.

It's safe to say, this battalion tactically maneuvered their overpowered and exhausted ar.ses to Cameroon for safety, while the other two tactically maneuvered to either their graves or Niger. But how come we've not heard anything about the tactical maneuver of the other two? grin

Anyway, since they might be cotching in Niger - let me Nas give you an official statement on how things got ugly. "They got Nigeria and Niger, two different countries/Somehow Niger turned to nig.ger, and shiit got ugly." - Nas cool

LOL.

They cant even come up with a good lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / CBN Did Not Ask Banks To Dispense & Accept Old Naira Notes - Dr Isa Abdulmumin / "You Failed Nigerians Because You Didn't Listen" - Obasanjo Slams Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.