Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (39095 Views)

Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Phame: 6:11am On Aug 26, 2014
doctokwus: So if for e.g,american troops enter mexico,dey wud surrender all their weapons to d mexicans.Which competent miltary force evn surrenders any inch of its territory to a terrorist organisation.Again,to show dat dis pr by d military hq might be a lie,y didn't d troops retreat back into a part of d nigerian territory.
D only gud news frm dis disastrous campaign is dat its becoming evident dat dat nigeria shudnt av bn united in d first place,dose far north are too different in many ways to share d same country wt saner minds elsewhere in nigeria.
u started well, only to end it like a phool.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Phame: 6:16am On Aug 26, 2014
whatlyf: Thanks for the clarification. As a patriotic citizen I ignored the defection "news" waiting for the Military's official statement. I believe in the capability of the Military in combating the insurgency, I hope for more wisdom to the President and Military High Command. To those that deliberately or unconsciously gv moral and psychological support to the insurgents through your comments and statements, I urge you to have a deep rethink on the effect of such actions on the morale of the military, our nation's security and our territoral integrity.

God bless the Military
God bless the C-in-C
God bless Nigeria
u fall my hand here!!

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Ekundayo7: 6:32am On Aug 26, 2014
SirShymex:

That's naij for you - Christian and Muslim divide and their innate hatred for each other.

However, you just need to overlook that and read the message.

Apparently, the guy said he used to work for Nigerian intelligence agency and he's legit, based on where I first saw the link on another sitrep website for things going on around the world. It's an investigative journalism website and they always vet their contributors.
Sorry, but there's no way to OVERLOOK this horrible message. It's very clear what his "message" is, and frankly he needs to be investigated and tracked as another Muslim radical who quite possibly is knee deep in aiding these eediots. All I saw was his "personal" take on things and an unnatural amount of info which tells me he's got his fingers into something. Those words are written from the mind of a dangerous brainwashed fool, and unfortunately ALL Abrahamic religions are the ones who have sown the seeds of violence, murder, misogyny and sect and tribal hatred since the beginning of time. I'll stick with my Ifa until I take my last breath, and woe to the Christian or Muslim who ever gets in my face about it, whether wielding a Kalashnikov or a bible. Though I hate to do it, let all NL read this rot pasted below. The man is truly sick in the head.
July 24, 2014 Religion Christianity, Islam, Religion

Aleem Faruq Ayodeji Al-Igbawi

CHRISTIANS!!! COME TO WHAT IS JUST BETWEEN US AND YOURSELVES!!!

REFLECT DEEPLY ON THIS:

The Response of Prophet ‘Easa(popularly called
JESUS){Peace be upon him} to Allaah’s Question on the day of Resurrection:
All perfect adorations be to Allaah; we beseech
His peace and blessings upon Noble Prophet
Muhammad(Peace be upon him).
Allaah informs us about the conversation which
will surely take place between Himself and His
Prophet which He sent to the children of Isreal.
Allaah says in suuratul Maaida; Verses 116 to
120:
116. And(remember) when Allaah will say(on
the day of Resurrection): “Oh ‘Eesa (Jesus),
Son of Maryam( Mary)! Were you the one who
said to mankind: ‘Worship me and my mother
as two gods besides Allaah?'” He(Jesus) will
answer saying: “Glorified are You! It was not
permitted for me to say that which I had no
right to say. If I said such(i.e that people
should worship myself and my mother), You
(Allaah) would surely have known it(that I said
such). You know what is in my inner-self
though I do not know what is in Yours; Truly,
You, only You are the All-Knower of all that is
hidden(and the Unseen).
Jesus continued with his response saying:
117. “Never did I say to them such except that
which You(Allaah) commanded me to say
which is: ‘Worship Allaah, my Lord and your
Lord.’ And I was a witness over them while I
dwelt amongst them, but when You ascended
me to Yourself; You(Allaah) were the Watcher
over them; and You are a Witness to all things.
Jesus still continued saying(clarifying himself
from people’s claim):
118. “If you punish them, they are Your slaves,
and if You forgive them, Verily You, only You,
are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise”.
Then Allaah will say to all these clarifying
explanations by Jesus that:
119. Allaah will say: “This is a Day on which
the truthful(i.e those who believed and
submitted to Allaah) will profit from their truth:
theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow(in
Paradise); they shall abide therein forever.
Allaah is pleased with them and they are
pleased with Him(Allaah). That is the great
success.
All these verses clarifies four very important
issues:
1. Jesus never commanded the children of
Isreal to worship him nor his mother. This is
why you will find it in many verses in the Bible
that Jesus only came to preach the worship of
One True God(Allaah).
2. Jesus was a slave of Allaah just as every
creature of Allaah.
3. Jesus was only sent to the children of Isreal.
This is also established in the bible that Jesus
was only sent to call the children of Isreal to
the worship of Only One True God(Allaah).
4. Those who believed in Jesus and followed
the scripture revealed to him by Allaah from the
children of Isreal were muslims.
Then who should those who attribute
themselves as christians today (other than the
then children of Isreal) meant to follow?
They are meant to follow Muhammad(Peace be
upon him) as he was the only prophet sent to
the entire mankind unlike the other prophets
who were sent to their tribes and people.
Allaah says in suuratul Nabaa; Verse 28:
And We did not send you(Muhammad) except
to the entire creatures; from the Jinns and Men.
Remember Your Parents, children, friends nor
relatives cannot avail you on the day of
Ressurection.
What can avail you is only the truth you affirm
and stand upon.
And Allaah Alone guides whom He wills.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Ramtzy: 6:56am On Aug 26, 2014
whatlyf: Thanks for the clarification. As a patriotic citizen I ignored the defection "news" waiting for the Military's official statement. I believe in the capability of the Military in combating the insurgency, I hope for more wisdom to the President and Military High Command. To those that deliberately or unconsciously gv moral and psychological support to the insurgents through your comments and statements, I urge you to have a deep rethink on the effect of such actions on the morale of the military, our nation's security and our territoral integrity.

God bless the Military
God bless the C-in-C
God bless Nigeria

You are just been unrealistic to yourself.. The same army said shekau is dead and you can see the "supposedly deadman" causing more destruction daily, even more deadlier than before.. wakeup to reality guy

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by size38: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2014
It is no longer news that the Boko Haram boys are winning the war over our soldiers. There is not truth in what the DHQ keep saying. They will always tell the public what they the DHQ, want the public to hear. The insurgency in the north is almost 3 yrs now. And that's how the govt keep saying in 3, 4 or 6 months boko haram will be a thing of past till date. But in all of these, boko haram keep growing from strength to strength . because it will be a serious f**k up to admit that.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Phame: u ar jst too slow to detect a lie. NA that allowed bh to attack and retreat to cameroon, and made no attempt to follow them down is now saying d officers crossed border in d course of fighting and u believe them.
needless arguing with you take it o leave it
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by ceasare: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2014
magaretogbonna: THE NATION AND WEBSITE E.G- WEBSITE, ON
TELEVISION AND RADIO STATIONS, AND
NEWSPAPERS. These vehicles are Nigeria Customs
Impounded vehicles given out at Auction prices.
We have these cars for sale right now. We deliver
all over the 36State in Nigeria. WE HAVE DIRECT
TOKUNBO CARS VERY CLEAN AND BRAND NEW
CARS FOR SALE AT A CHEAPER PRICES. These cars
were seized by government officials at border and
the time duration given to the owners to claim
their cars has elapse so they are been sold in a
give away price.All you need do is to call
07031902352 to place an order of your choice.
Contact us on 07031902352 & 07031937387
CAR FEATURES BELOW
Acura MDX #800,000
Acura TL #600,000
Acura ZDX #700,000
Audi 80 #300,000
Audi A4 #400,000
Audi A6 #400,000
BMW 3-Series #650,000
BMW 5-Series #750,000
BMW X5 #750,000
BMW X6 #550,000
Ford Escape #600,000
Ford Explorer #500,000
Honda Accord #350,000-#500,000
Honda City #350,000
Honda Civic #300,000
Honda Crosstour #750,000-#950,000
Honda CR-V #550,000
Honda Odyssey #550,000
Honda Pilot #750,000
Hyundai Accent #650,000
Hyundai Elantra #400,000
Infiniti FX35 #800,000
Infiniti FX45 #1,000,000
Infiniti QX4 #800,000
Isuzu Trooper #650,000
Jaguar S-Type #550,000
Jeep Liberty #1,000,000
Kia Sorento #350,000
Land Rover Discovery #1,000,000
Land Rover Freelander #1,000,000
Land Rover LR3 #650,000
Land Rover LR4 #450,000
Land Rover Range Rover #1,500,000
Land Rover #1,000,000
Range Rover Sport #1,600,000
Land Rover Vogue #1,000,000
Lexus GS #800,000
Lexus GX460 #700,000
Lexus GX470 #1,000,000
Lexus LX 570 #750,000
Lexus RX 300 #750,000
Lexus RX 330 #750,000
Lexus RX 350 #800,000
Mazda 6 #550,000
Mazda 626 #550,000
Mazda MPV #650,000
Mazda Tribute #950,000
Mercedes-Benz C-Class #550,000-#1,230,000
Mercedes-Benz E-Class #750,000-#1,200,000
Mercedes-Benz G-Class #550,000-#1,100,000
Mercedes-Benz GLK 570,000-#1,300,000
Mercedes-Benz ML #500,000
Mitsubishi Endeavour #450,000
Nissan Altima #650,000
Nissan Armada #550,000
Nissan Maxima #510,000
Nissan Murano #500,000
Nissan Pathfinder #500,000
Nissan Primera #300,000
Nissan Quest #700,000
Nissan Sentra #700,000
Nissan Xterra #600,000
Peugeot 406 #360,000
Peugeot 407 #290,000
Peugeot 607 #390,000
Toyota 4Runner #650,000
Toyota Avalon #600,000
Toyota Avensis#550,000
Toyota Camry #400,000-#600,000
Toyota Corolla #400,000-#650,000
Toyota FJ Cruiser #650,000
Toyota Hiace #550,000
Toyota Highlander #450,000-#850,000
Toyota HiLux #510,000
Toyota Matrix #300,000-#500,000
Toyota Prado #650,000
Toyota Rav4 #500,000
Toyota Sequoia #650,000
Toyota Sienna #500,000-#800,000
Toyota Tacoma #400,000
Toyota Tundra #650,000
Toyota Venza #600,000
Toyota Yaris #550,000
Volkswagen Beetle #200,000
Volkswagen Golf #200,000-#300,000
Volkswagen Jetta #200,000
Volkswagen Passat #250,000
Volkswagen Touareg #300,000
We deliver cars to all over the 36State in Nigeria.
Interested persons should contact the Auction
Officer: CUSTOM FEMI on
07031902352, 07031937387. Address: Customs Office,
IDIROKO
BOARDERs, OGUN STATE.
REQUIREMENT FOR CLEARANCE AS AN
INDIVIDUALS IS AS FOLLOWS:
1. SCAN COPY OF VALID NATIONAL ID-CARD OR
DRIVERS LICENSE]
2. SCAN COPY OF UTILITY BILL / RECENT MONTH]
3. SCAN COPY OF PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH ]
4. SCAN COPY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF ORIGIN]
NOTE:-NO BUYER SHOULD COME DOWN WITH
MONEY TO THE OFFICE FOR SECURITY REASON.
AND DO NO CONTACT US IF YOU ARE NOT READY
FOR BUSINESS.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PATRONAGE

It shall not be well with u and your generation!!!!
Carry this your SCAM to your family.....banza!!!
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by MyX1: 8:02am On Aug 26, 2014
Let them keep on manoveouring till they reach zaire from zaire they manouevre to morocco rabat from there cross strait of gibratar and enter madrid from madrid to real madrid I cnt stop laughing this zombie spokes man. they think say gwoza na BRT buses?

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by groovie(m): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2014
darqly:

And I still counter- what munitions did you see that left you so impressed?
I refuse to believe bokoharam has a more robust media presence than the Nigerian army albeit they use the media far more effectively.
Lastly, forget those 'few rolls' you mentioned. Unless we're watching different videos, the suppressing gunfire that BH unleashes against our positions ought to have exhausted whatever limited supply you assert they have. The army post BH attacked in garkida was totally decimated and had at least 4 pickup trucks, some fitted with GPMGs, blown up. Why don't you digest that for a bit and tell me what BH has that Nigerian army obviously lacks.
chief, bokoharam don't have rules of engagement, they are not afraid of humanitarian backlashes, they are not careful not to start a civil war, they can go in anywhere and use all they got. The Nigerian army cant do that. That is the major problem. Fire power isn't the problem. The need to buy more equipments isn't fire power, its the need for more tactical gear, so they can pick targets out more easily with less civilian casualties. Anytime you guys keep trying to portray that bh has more fire power, you are improving their morale, that's the truth. Just sit back and think through, the Nigerian army is well trained, although there are bad eggs, and they have what it takes, only their hands are tied. Haven't you ever wondered why Nigerian peace keeping forces always lead in Africa?

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by larryUG(m): 8:22am On Aug 26, 2014
arresa: Even nollywood go return this story back to sender...

Military lies, government lies the whole administration breath and eat lies....

Very shameful and pathetic..
there is nfn dishonest abt dis story. Nigerian troops cannot defect with our arms to cameroon. i knw it is hard for pple tpo blv d DHQ, buh on this occassion, guy, Olukolade has said the truth. if u are familiar with military rules, especially as regards operating on a foreign soil without the knowledge of the host country, then u wuld knw dt wht olukolade said is more logical than our military defecting to cameroon and surrendering their weapons to cameroon. for them to go thru danger(in boko territory)and fight boko boys, only to defect....nawao
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Phame: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2014
Nigerdeltaboi:
needless arguing with you take it o leave it
who wld argue with u when i knw that u can easily b convinced with a lie?

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Olyboy16(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2014
groovie: How can any sane person even compare the Gendarmes with the NA? Except they have support of the french they are no match anyday anytime. And some people here saying bokoharam have tanks? Mtcheew. I pray u guys never see war. Do u know wat damage a tank can do?
they do have amoured war tanks! Infact, not two nor even three!
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deeobserver209(m): 9:49am On Aug 26, 2014
komekn: There is a current co-operation and joint multi national forces agreement with Chad , Niger and Cameroon that was instituted through Holland in Paris a few moths ago.

Part of that process has seen cross border patrols and joint operations, it would be expected that there would be occasional but regular cross border incursions into each other's territories in pursuit of Boko Haram insurgents. There would be no requirement therefore for a surrender of weapons from such incursions which are co-operative and not hostile.

I am baffled beyond reason as the explanations presented by the NA just do not stand up to rational appraisal, I'm sorry but I find these propositions of events to be questionable, particularly a we have known the NA to tell blatant lies and then when caught retract their earlier statements.

Lets see as the real truth unfolds
Nice to see questions like this. It shows you're current with the ongoing war against Boko Haram.

It's international protocol that Soldiers from Neighboring countries who finds themselves across the border submit its arms to the host country. This is standard practice world wide, based on the UN convention of non aggression pact treaty by member countries signed since 1945 after the second World War.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by raphael1234: 9:51am On Aug 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Se awon were yi ro pe okola ni gbogbo wa abi Ode Omu l'ati wa?
kini ara odeomu se fun o?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by raphael1234: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2014
God will deliever nig from this boko haram
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 26, 2014
whatlyf: Must you be political? What has TAN got to do with the military? I am one of Jonathan's biggest critics when it comes to his leadership style and his administration but I will ALWAYS support him when it comes to National Security and the Wellbeing of the citizenry. We shouldn't play politics with National Security. In fact opposition and everyone must queue behind the President and the Military against insurgency and terrorism. I have faith that we shall end this war sooner than expected
we can only rally behind a serious president and a competent security establishment. Not some incompetent corrupt group of individuals that are in charge of our security establishments. In hard times like this brave and patrotic men are required. We don't wan't a president that only care's about staying in power without taking up responsibility that comes with it.
Until when we have the right man incharge that will be able to rally Nigerian's and motivate all sundry to join the fight against terrorism not the incompetent mofo we have as our commander in chief.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by emmyz09(m): 10:06am On Aug 26, 2014
great people of nairaland this is a very grievous lie am herein adamawa and i have soldiers who just returned from cameroun they fled from the insurgence as they dont have the firepower to man the insurgents they fled to cameroun in a bid to escape been killed like goats.
Gej n his MOD should face realities and come out straight, not fewer than 100 soldiers has absconded due to the lack of tools to carry out their job. PDP,GEJ,MOD dia ris God ooooo
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2014
raphael1234: kini ara odeomu se fun o?
Kosi. Mo ko n pa owe. Se Ode Omu l' e ti wa? E ma binu.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deeobserver209(m): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2014
ratiken: When I read comments from here, I seem not to understand why some folks are quick to acknowledge and believe news from the propaganda stables of Bokoharam but will always doubt statements from the defence headquarters. Are they really for a win against this insurgency I always ask?

I keep saying our enemies are the west. BBC was quick to peddle unsubstantiated false news. All professionalism have been thrown out by BBC, AFP, CNN all in a bid to quickly propagate negative news in Nigeria.

Nigeria, behold your true enemies.

Some of the commenters especially in the other thread are showing sympathy to Boko Haram because of their mis guided hate for GEJ. It beats my imagination really.
When Alshabab terrorist group attacked Kenya, the whole citizens
rallied round their President and gave him total support to deal with the terrorists group. That's patriotism on display. Sadly that's not the case here. Of course, everyone has the right to like or dislike GEJ. But when it comes to the point where bad reports about their own country is rejoiced over and admired, then it becomes entirely something else. What we see here is hatred on a massive scale to the point where any bad development about Nigerian troops whether true or not are celebrated. An act some of them believe will further ruin the image Goodluck Jonathan. Their hatred has clouded their sense of reason. It has made them very unpatriotic.
Let me give you a case scenario. I support PDP. I want PDP to capture Lagos in 2015. But my support for PDP cannot mean that I am totally against the government of Lagos State. That shouldn't mean that I wish Lagos State government a miserable time in governance.
Let's look at the case of Ebola for instance. As a PDP supporter I will never wish for Ebola to wreck more havoc on Lagos State just because the Lagos State government is APC. I will never wish that the deadly virus kill more Lagos citizens just so that the image of Babatunde Fashola be brutalized. Why will I want to support an epidemic that could threatened the lives of millions of people just because Fashola is the governor of Lagos? That would be wicked!
It's the same thing playing out here. Some individual's hatred for Goodluck Jonathan has made them sympathisers of Boko Haram not minding the fact that the terrorists themselves are criminals that destroyed properties and KILLED thousands of innocent lives over the years.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 26, 2014
The DHQs may be right, Gen Muhammadu Buhari narrated how he once chased a group of 'thugs' along the same border and unkwoningly entered Chad territory, he was queried by President Shehu Shagari for that act.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Hero10001: 11:53am On Aug 26, 2014
Mogbe! BH pursue 400 men reach cameroun!!

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 11:55am On Aug 26, 2014
I read it carefully just like u did...about "desert" according to
Wiki
"In military terminology, desertion is the abandonment of a duty or post without permission (a pass, liberty or leave) and is done with the intention of not returning.".....Russian said most of the 500 soldier returned home..so is that desertation ?

your first point..yeah Russia and ukrain are not best of friends..What about a scenenario where the Ukrainian troops chased some separatist into Russia, and were captured by the russian.? Russian now using that as propanganda to demoralize the ukranian army?

abot ur second point The ukrainian Authourity will not admit they are making millitary incursion into Russian territory...Official statement our soldier ran out of ammo and mistakenly strayed into ur land.

about your last point i did not read any part where Russia gave asylum to the Ukrainian soldiers in the link attached to my post..infact the official statement today is some of the soldiers have returned home.

By the way 9 russian paratrooper "Mistakenly crossed" into Ukrain....official russian statement....The ukranian stance is the opposite..

"The first casualty of war is truth" ...Hiram Johnson

SirShymex:

Read the link you posted again, and this time, read it carefully while paying attention to detail. And do you even know what "desert" is?

1). Russian isn't a friendly country with the Kiev regime, and there's absolutely no way those guys would've been "forced" into Russian territory, without them expecting the Russian to shoot at sight and kill them off, especially when the Russians were having military drills there during that period. So, they would've alerted the Russians before taking whatever actions they took.

2). A battalion is enough to fight through enemy fire, to find a way to reconnect with soldiers, without necessarily crossing over to a hostile country and surrendering there. Especially when the Ukrainian rebels they're fighting aren't that many as well.

3). Why did they all seek asylum in Russia and not return back to Ukraine?
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by billyG(m): 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
if dey pursue d vampires & dey ran into cameroun,Y didnt d cameronian army tells d vampires 1st to submit dia weapons,??was dia no cooperation/coordination btw naija & camerun soldiers
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by eunisam: 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
Dexema:
Una be wizkid?..bak to the matter jare
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by ratiken(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
deeobserver209:

Some of the commenters especially in the other thread are showing sympathy to Boko Haram because of their mis guided hate for GEJ. It beats my imagination really.
When Alshabab terrorist group attacked Kenya, the whole citizens
rallied round their President and gave him total support to deal with the terrorists group. That's patriotism on display. Sadly that's not the case here. Of course, everyone has the right to like or dislike GEJ. But when it comes to the point where bad reports about their own country is rejoiced over and admired, then it becomes entirely something else. What we see here is hatred on a massive scale to the point where any bad development about Nigerian troops whether true or not are celebrated. An act some of them believe will further ruin the image Goodluck Jonathan. Their hatred has clouded their sense of reason. It has made them very unpatriotic.
Let me give you a case scenario. I support PDP. I want PDP to capture Lagos in 2015. But my support for PDP cannot mean that I am totally against the government of Lagos State. That shouldn't mean that I wish Lagos State government a miserable time in governance.
Let's look at the case of Ebola for instance. As a PDP supporter I will never wish for Ebola to wreck more havoc on Lagos State just because the Lagos State government is APC. I will never wish that the deadly virus kill more Lagos citizens just so that the image of Babatunde Fashola be brutalized. Why will I want to support an epidemic that could threatened the lives of millions of people just because Fashola is the governor of Lagos? That would be wicked!
It's the same thing playing out here. Some individual's hatred for Goodluck Jonathan has made them sympathisers of Boko Haram not minding the fact that the terrorists themselves are criminals that destroyed properties and KILLED thousands of innocent lives over the years.

Same thoughts, you just illustrated better.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deeobserver209(m): 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
groovie:
chief, bokoharam don't have rules of engagement, they are not afraid of humanitarian backlashes, they are not careful not to start a civil war, they can go in anywhere and use all they got. The Nigerian army cant do that. That is the major problem. Fire power isn't the problem. The need to buy more equipments isn't fire power, its the need for more tactical gear, so they can pick targets out more easily with less civilian casualties. Anytime you guys keep trying to portray that bh has more fire power, you are improving their morale, that's the truth. Just sit back and think through, the Nigerian army is well trained, although there are bad eggs, and they have what it takes, only their hands are tied. Haven't you ever wondered why Nigerian peace keeping forces always lead in Africa?
You made very good points.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
deeobserver209:
You made very good points.

The Nigerian military has not been the best in Africa for YEARS. Past glory. The current state of it is embarrassing.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
deji68: I read it carefully just like u did...about "desert" according to
Wiki
"In military terminology, desertion is the abandonment of a duty or post without permission (a pass, liberty or leave) and is done with the intention of not returning.".....Russian said most of the 500 soldier returned home..so is that desertation ?

your first point..yeah Russia and ukrain are not best of friends..What about a scenenario where the Ukrainian troops chased some separatist into Russia, and were captured by the russian.? Russian now using that as propanganda to demoralize the ukranian army?

abot ur second point The ukrainian Authourity will not admit they are making millitary incursion into Russian territory...Official statement our soldier ran out of ammo and mistakenly strayed into ur land.

about your last point i did not read any part where Russia gave asylum to the Ukrainian soldiers in the link attached to my post..infact the official statement today is some of the soldiers have returned home.

By the way 9 russian paratrooper "Mistakenly crossed" into Ukrain....official russian statement....The ukranian stance is the opposite..

"The first casualty of war is truth" ...Hiram Johnson

You're still not making sense.

Where is the "tactical manoeuvre" in everything you posted up there? I'd say you further proved me right that they deserted. And the update on the news today is that they were with thousands of civilians who were also fleeing the BH onslaught.

As for the Russian border guards - they were arrested by the Ukrainians for territorial violation. So were the Nigerian troops also arrested by the Cameroonians? If so, why didn't the Nigerian defence hq allude to that, rather than claim fictitious ""tactical manoeuvre?"
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Let leave it at that u are not making any sense either...from "asylum" , to "tactical manoeuvre"....goalpost keeps changing... it is a free world u can believe what u like.... cool cool cool
SirShymex:

You're still not making sense.

Where is the "tactical manoeuvre" in everything you posted up there? I'd say you further proved me right that they deserted. And the update on the news today is that they were with thousands of civilians who were also fleeing the BH onslaught.

As for the Russian border guards - they were arrested by the Ukrainians for territorial violation. So were the Nigerian troops also arrested by the Cameroonians? If so, why didn't the Nigerian defence hq allude to that, rather than claim fictitious ""tactical manoeuvre?"
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
deji68: Let leave it at that u are not making any sense either...from "asylum" , to "tactical manoeuvre"....goalpost keeps changing... it is a free world u can believe what u like.... cool cool cool

It's obvious you have reading and comprehension problems.

You cited Ukrainian soldiers to buttress your point - and I asserted that the Ukrainian soldiers actually deserted, and begged for asylum in Russia.

Here is the proof:

438 Ukrainian troops seek asylum in Russia; government passes ‘war tax’

According to both Ukrainian and Russian news sources, several hundred solders were left without weapons or ammunition and crossed the border into Russia.

The Ukrainian news suggests that this was a forced withdrawal after being routed by rebel forces. The Russian news suggests that the troops were seeking asylum, no doubt tired of war.
http://www.sovereignman.com/trends/438-ukrainian-troops-seek-asylum-in-russia-government-passes-war-tax-14822/

and

Ukrainian troops cross into Russia to avoid fighting, talks underway

In Moscow, authorities acknowledged that Ukrainian troops had crossed into Russian territory - though they put the number at 438 - and Russian border guards said they had crossed during the night seeking asylum.

"They were tired of the war and wanted no further part in it," Vasily Malayev, spokesman for the border guards in the Rostov region of Russia, told Reuters by telephone. However, he added that 180 would be returned to Ukraine later on Monday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/04/us-ukraine-crisis-east-idUSKBN0G40YI20140804

Anyway, just give up - you clearly don't know what the hell you're spouting everywhere.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
I didnt want to reply ur post,

The Ukrainian news suggests that this was a forced withdrawal after being routed by rebel forces. The Russian news suggests that the troops were seeking asylum, no doubt tired of war.

3). Why did they all seek asylum in Russia and not return back to Ukraine?...from u

Russian news suggest that they were seeking asylum, and u claim they seeked asylum and did not return to Ukraine....i think u have serious comprehension problem..

SirShymex:

It's obvious you have reading and comprehension problems.

You cited Ukrainian soldiers to buttress your point - and I asserted that the Ukrainian soldiers actually deserted, and begged for asylum in Russia.

Here is the proof:

and

Anyway, just give up - you clearly don't know what the hell you're spouting everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / Panic As Firing Gunmen Enforce Sit-at-home In Asaba / UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.