Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (39094 Views)

Defence Headquarters Detains Generals And Recalls Others Over Missing Cash / Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
[s]
deji68: I didnt want to reply ur post but once

The Ukrainian news suggests that this was a forced withdrawal after being routed by rebel forces. The Russian news suggests that the troops were seeking asylum, no doubt tired of war.

3). Why did they all seek asylum in Russia and not return back to Ukraine?...from u

Russian news suggest that they were seeking asylum, and u claim they seeked asylum and did not return to Ukraine....i think u have serious comprhension problem..
[/s]

It's now glaring that English language isn't your forte.

Can someone please translate my posts to this guy in his local dialect? lool
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
They were ur own words...maybe i should speak to u in your local dialect... grin grin grin

SirShymex: [s][/s]

It's now glaring that English language isn't your forte.

Can someone please translate my posts to this guy in his local dialect? lool

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
deji68: They were ur own words...maybe i should speak to u in your local dialect... grin grin grin

This is what happens when dealing with stark illiterates. I'll outline the argument again and hopefully someone would be willing to translate it into your local dialect or whatever language you can decipher.

- You cited Ukrainian soldiers crossing into Russia to back the claims that Nigerian soldiers must have "tactically maneuvered" into Cameroon. And I asserted that Ukrainian soldiers actually deserted and did ask for asylum in Russia, with two proofs: one from an independent source and another one from reuters.

Obviously, that shows you clearly don't know what both "desert" and "asylum" mean.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
438 Ukrainian troops seek asylum in Russia; government passes ‘war tax’

According to both Ukrainian and Russian news sources, several hundred solders were left without weapons or ammunition and crossed the border into Russia.

The Ukrainian news suggests that this was a forced withdrawal after being routed by rebel forces. The Russian news suggests that the troops were seeking asylum, no doubt tired of war.
http://www.sovereignman.com/trends/438-ukrainian-troops-seek-asylum-in-russia-government-passes-war-tax-14822/

...so a "suggestion" is fact? logic 101....... mr Literate grin grin grin

SirShymex:

This is what happens when dealing with stark illiterates. I'll outline the argument again and hopefully someone would be willing to translate it into your local dialect or whatever language you can decipher.

- You cited Ukrainian soldiers crossing into Russia to back the claims that Nigerian soldiers must have "tactically maneuvered" into Cameroon. And I asserted that Ukrainian soldiers actually deserted and did ask for asylum in Russia, with two proofs: one from an independent source and another one from reuters.

Obviously, that shows you clearly don't know what both "desert" and "asylum" mean.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ukrainian troops cross into Russia to avoid fighting, talks underway

In Moscow, authorities acknowledged that Ukrainian troops had crossed into Russian territory - though they put the number at 438 - and Russian border guards said they had crossed during the night seeking asylum.

"They were tired of the war and wanted no further part in it," Vasily Malayev, spokesman for the border guards in the Rostov region of Russia, told Reuters by telephone. However, he added that 180 would be returned to Ukraine later on Monday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/04/us-ukraine-crisis-east-idUSKBN0G40YI20140804

So because a Russian Spokesman said they are seeking asylum in russia it is fact abi .....Reuter is neutral but is the russian spokesman neutral U are really intelligent grin grin grin

SirShymex:

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by deji68: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
deji68: Ukrainian troops cross into Russia to avoid fighting, talks underway

In Moscow, authorities acknowledged that Ukrainian troops had crossed into Russian territory - though they put the number at 438 - and Russian border guards said they had crossed during the night seeking asylum.

"They were tired of the war and wanted no further part in it," Vasily Malayev, spokesman for the border guards in the Rostov region of Russia, told Reuters by telephone. However, he added that 180 would be returned to Ukraine later on Monday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/04/us-ukraine-crisis-east-idUSKBN0G40YI20140804

So bacause a Russian Spokesman said they are seeking asylum in russia it is fact abi .....Reuter is neutral but is the russian spokesman neutral U are really intelligent grin grin grin

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
deji68:
438 Ukrainian troops seek asylum in Russia; government passes ‘war tax’

According to both Ukrainian and Russian news sources, several hundred solders were left without weapons or ammunition and crossed the border into Russia.

http://www.sovereignman.com/trends/438-ukrainian-troops-seek-asylum-in-russia-government-passes-war-tax-14822/

...so a "suggestion" is fact....... mr Literate grin grin grin

Le sigh! Educating a stark illiterate is like talking to a darn table lol.

From reading the line that said: they were tired, without weapons and ammunitions, and crossed the border into Russia - a literate person should be able to deduce that they deserted. Where is the "tactical maneuver" in that?

Desert = abandon...that's simple English right there mate lol.

Another proof that they did seek asylum in Russia:

American media refuse to meet with Ukrainian servicemen who asked for asylum in Russia

MOSCOW, August 6. /ITAR-TASS/. Journalists from leading US media working in Russia refused to personally interview Ukrainian soldiers, who earlier in the week crossed the border into Russia asking for asylum, a deputy head of the Russian Foreign Ministry’s press department said.

On early Monday a group of 438 Ukrainian troops and border guards from pro-Kiev forces fighting against militia in the embattled southeast of Ukraine asked Russia’s southern border authorities for permission to enter Russia seeking asylum, and a humanitarian corridor was opened for them.
http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/743699

And please don't quote me back - illiteracy is contagious lol.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by SaintEddie: 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
whatlyf: Thanks for the clarification. As a patriotic citizen I ignored the defection "news" waiting for the Military's official statement. I believe in the capability of the Military in combating the insurgency, I hope for more wisdom to the President and Military High Command. To those that deliberately or unconsciously gv moral and psychological support to the insurgents through your comments and statements, I urge you to have a deep rethink on the effect of such actions on the morale of the military, our nation's security and our territoral integrity.

God bless the Military
God bless the C-in-C
God bless Nigeria
Thank u so much my dear brother, I so much appreciate ur comment. We don't have to give credit to the insurgent.
Although the only problem I ve with the military high command is that they are a lot of compromise here and there. Its either a top military personnel is divulging information to the insurgents or the military authority is not utilising the funds collected/received from Fed Govt well. They don't pay the soldiers their allowances very well, they don't buy modern weapons for the soldiers etc. I almost weep when I spoke with one of the soldiers who recently returned from Maiduguri 3 months ago. Even If they run/fled to Cameroun, I don't blame them cos if I were to be in the military, I would have done same. U can't expect me to combat and win an enemy with higher fire power more than I do o.
God Bless my dear Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
SaintEddie:
Thank u so much my dear brother, I so much appreciate ur comment. We don't have to give credit to the insurgent.
Although the only problem I ve with the military high command is that they are a lot of compromise here and there. Its either a top military personnel is divulging information to the insurgents or the military authority is not utilising the funds collected/received from Fed Govt well. They don't pay the soldiers their allowances very well, they don't buy modern weapons for the soldiers etc. I almost weep when I spoke with one of the soldiers who recently returned from Maiduguri 3 months ago. Even If they run/fled to Cameroun, I don't blame them cos if I were to be in the military, I would have done same. U can't expect me to combat and win an enemy with higher fire power more than I do o.
God Bless my dear Nigeria.
the most annoying is to see nigerians insult the military battling the insurgents. Some are even wishing the military to fail. I sincerely appreciate the soldiers for risking their lives for the sake of myself and family. Honestly, the Presidency need to look into their welfare and if possible create a special fund for the servicemen drafted to fight the insurgents. This funds should be handled by the Finance Ministry or the Defense Ministry but not the Service Chiefs.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by SenatorJames(m): 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
oduastates: Can't help but feel insulted by this clueless lie .
You wonder how bad the parents of the missing girls are feeling right now.
These guys are so dumb and that when they tell lies, you develop a migraine instantly.
Go to any government ministry in this country.
It is the same thing.
Insult galore.
Most lack basic customers service skills .
Even most of the so-called "puff"essor are anything but.
I have seen many first degree holders elsewhere, with more brains and practical experience than most of them.

Public office holders now lie to remain in office, all in the name of protecting the image of the nation. See report from mature and senior military officers, like a primary school pupil.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
SenatorJames: Public office holders now lie to remain in office, all in the name of protecting the image of the nation. See report from mature and senior military officers, like a primary school pupil.

God bless Nigeria.

I read the statement to my parents, and they were angry. The English is an embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
hansad: Estimate: about 90% of Nigerians who blame President Jonathan for non military defeat of B/Haram are those who do not bother or are praying for present Nigeria to be turned into Islamic Sharia Repubic of Nigeria. Others are ignoramuses who do not even understand how military force works in conflict situations.
And the remaining 10% are the Fifth Columnists who support GEJ in hopes that he'll mismanage the country so badly that all sides will start fighting and they'll finally get the country which they had earlier sought in '67.

1 Like

Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by comos: 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: And the remaining 10% are the Fifth Columnists who support GEJ in hopes that he'll mismanage the country so badly that all sides will start fighting and they'll finally get the country which they had earlier sought in '67.
what stop you from joining the army, if you are so patriotic
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
comos:
what stop you from joining the army, if you are so patriotic
Fighting for the Nigerian Army could open me up to treason charges in my homeland. I do not owe allegiance to Nigeria, nor do I have any responsibility to defend her sovereignty or integrity.
Re: Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. by olajide8(m): 7:40am On Aug 31, 2014
whatlyf: the most annoying is to see nigerians insult the military battling the insurgents. Some are even wishing the military to fail. I sincerely appreciate the soldiers for risking their lives for the sake of myself and family. Honestly, the Presidency need to look into their welfare and if possible create a special fund for the servicemen drafted to fight the insurgents. This funds should be handled by the Finance Ministry or the Defense Ministry but not the Service Chiefs.
Again, the Ministry of Finance - that is not capable of monitoring how the supposed budget they are releasing every quarter is being spent or stolen ? A ministry that releases the budget on paper and never gets executed or better still is stolen The service chiefs are still better then the ministry of finance-

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Can Solve This Maths From Frank Donga, Which Was Reposted By Ben Bruce? / UN Bodies Denounce Threats To Igbo In Northern Nigeria / Panic As Firing Gunmen Enforce Sit-at-home In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.