Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

IS THERE GOD? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IS THERE GOD? (2758 Views)

Is There God / Six reasons for you to believe that there's God / There's Proof, There's God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Kay17: @OP

What's your interest in saving infidels and unbelievers? Is your salvation hinged on ours? Do you suffer from our actions and be condemned to hell by our sins?!
Buy and read the Bible,as it will tell you what I stand to gain or you can simply use your bing search engine.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2014
Kay17:

Be specific on the God
God of Istrael http://biblehub.com/commentaries/guzik/commentaries/0101.htm Check this link,scientists can't even prove the Genesis wrong,if you can't disprove the Genesis as you can easily disprove genesis of so many culture,including yours,you have no point disproving Bible.
If you use this criterion in addition to how violent and how fetish(blood sucking) these gods are,then you will agree with me that only the God of Istrael stands tall.
In olden days,if gods ask for something and you refuse to give it,famine is a sure thing.Now they have become dormant and some almost forgotten.Now that the world is disobeying the God of Istrael,Holy Spirit and Christ the Son of God,you can see how peaceful the world is.
Russia has begun the invasion of Ukraine against the order of western held NATO and the predictions of Christ looks more and more real,as nuclear war looks inevitable.A god even predicted the end of the world last year but our world still exist.
gods are so many because of man's long thirst for God,though some are very powerful e.g. SANGO but the influence of God has deeply injured their influence and power.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2014
Emmalot121: You keep twisting same question.The fact is that wrong password does not exist.It is just the term we say whenever you fail to write the right password i.e. Wrong password is not the opposite of Right password,but the absence of it.
isn't the right password also the absence of the wrong password? I'm programming if seun hadn't created a page where u would be redirected to when you wrote the wrong password then you would have be re-directed to a blank page
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 11:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Emmalot121: What do you do when you taste food on fire,is it not to measure its saltiness.Taste unlike sorrow can be regulated and exist independently(does not occur due to absence of one another.) Total sorrow like total Darkness cannot be measured and cannot be deepened and are mere oxymoron existing due to absence of something.Yes total sorrow cannot be deepened because you have no joy left.If you want to feel the fact that TOTAL SORROW (TOTAL ABSENCE OF JOY EXIST),burn everything you have,go to a prison in Egypt,where you have little food to eat a day and you are in a single sound proof room,where you can neither communicate or be communicated to,where you are molested day and night for like 30 years,that is when you understand total Sorrow exist,a state where there is no joy and your sorrow cannot be deepened.
DO YOU BELIEVE SWEET FOODS AND BITTER FOODS DON'T EXIST AND CANNOT BE TAGGED WITH ONE ANOTHER?Bitter foods are caused by certain enzymes and elements and sweet foods are caused by different enzymes and elements,it is the reaction of the brain to these enzymes and elements that causes the sensation of bitterness and sweetness.
like you said "Total absence": darkness isn't even the absence of light, how do you justify when a place is dim, is that also absence of light, or partly light and partly darkness, same as your food can be a bit salty or very salty...
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2014
pesty100: isn't the right password also the absence of the wrong password? I'm programming if seun hadn't created a page where u would be redirected to when you wrote the wrong password then you would have be re-directed to a blank page
What do you mean by wrong password?Because from what I know is a password only becomes wrong when it is NOT RIGHT for a particular function as the password can be just right to steal millions through ATM.
You no fit defeat me grin
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
pesty100: like you said "Total absence": darkness isn't even the absence of light, how do you justify when a place is dim, is that also absence of light, or partly light and partly darkness, same as your food can be a bit salty or very salty...
http://www.google.com/m?q=Intensity+Physics The higher the intensity,the higher the light,the lower the intensity,the lower the light.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Emmalot121: What do you mean by wrong password?Because from what I know is a password only becomes wrong when it is NOT RIGHT for a particular function as the password can be just right to steal millions through ATM.
You no fit defeat me grin
enough said, my aim was to show d loopholes in the prof vs stu argument, and I think have archive that

2 Likes

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
pesty100: enough said, my aim was to show d loopholes in the prof vs stu argument, and I think have archive that
In your utmost imagination angry Your arguements don't hold water but at least as you can see,even with your silly and fallible arguements,I have managed to push my thread to 2 pages,now I have to wait if there is a chance for sensible arguements (which i'll surely devore) coming up.
I OFFICIALLY BRING THE DOPEY,DAZED AND WITLESS ARGUEMENT TO A CLOSE. cheesy cheesy
Re: IS THERE GOD? by italo: 11:46am On Aug 29, 2014
Kay17:

Be specific on the God

"God" is specific enough.

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Elkewwty(f): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2014
Yes dairis God

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Kay17: 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
italo:

It doesn't disqualify Zeus, Baal and others from being referred to by this word. How then can you say it is specific enough?!

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Emmalot121(m): 6:56am On Aug 30, 2014
Kay17:

It doesn't disqualify Zeus, Baal and others from being referred to by this word. How then can you say it is specific enough?!
They are always referred with "g".Or you no go school? angry
Re: IS THERE GOD? by HFOG(f): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2014
Emmalot121: They are always referred with "g".Or you no go school? angry
Be wary of religious arguements. It a seldom achieves the right. You can win an arguement and lose a soul. Also you can also be throw off the faith road. May God keep you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Kay17: 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
Emmalot121: They are always referred with "g".Or you no go school? angry

Come to think of it, it is inconsequential whether it is in capital letter or small letters. What matters is who they are; and they are Gods. All Gods must be treated equal for all discussions unless when the contrary is proven.

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Kay17: 11:28pm On Aug 30, 2014
italo:

Christian God is more appropriate in order to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by Kay17: 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Emmalot121: God of Istrael http://biblehub.com/commentaries/guzik/commentaries/0101.htm Check this link,scientists can't even prove the Genesis wrong,if you can't disprove the Genesis as you can easily disprove genesis of so many culture,including yours,you have no point disproving Bible.
If you use this criterion in addition to how violent and how fetish(blood sucking) these gods are,then you will agree with me that only the God of Istrael stands tall.
In olden days,if gods ask for something and you refuse to give it,famine is a sure thing.Now they have become dormant and some almost forgotten.Now that the world is disobeying the God of Istrael,Holy Spirit and Christ the Son of God,you can see how peaceful the world is.
Russia has begun the invasion of Ukraine against the order of western held NATO and the predictions of Christ looks more and more real,as nuclear war looks inevitable.A god even predicted the end of the world last year but our world still exist.
gods are so many because of man's long thirst for God,though some are very powerful e.g. SANGO but the influence of God has deeply injured their influence and power.

Scientists are not necessary to disprove the Genesis. A reasonable minded person can disprove the Genesis. Starting from the 7 day creation claim. The writer of the Genesis couldn't have been an eyewitness and what he recorded is definitely a myth passed down from generation to generation.

I will ignore all you said about Ukraine and Russia, I'd assume you are not serious.

1 Like

Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
Emmalot121: http://biblehub.com/commentaries/guzik/commentaries/0101.htm
please check ishaiah 45 vs 7
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Kay17:

Christian God is more appropriate in order to avoid confusion.
Another name for Christian God is Supreme God.Do you want to engage me in a combat
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Kay17:

Scientists are not necessary to disprove the Genesis. A reasonable minded person can disprove the Genesis. Starting from the 7 day creation claim. The writer of the Genesis couldn't have been an eyewitness and what he recorded is definitely a myth passed down from generation to generation.

I will ignore all you said about Ukraine and Russia, I'd assume you are not serious.
Look at how this one is underestimating the power of the conflict.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
pesty100: please check ishaiah 45 vs 7
You must have turned his head upside down after making your first valuable point but as a MAN,I have an answer.
From what I read from the passage,God promised evil(absence of good) on the people who did not his will.Just like when a manufacturer manufactures an independently intelligent robot,everything personally intellectual thing the robot does was made by him,although he didn't programme it to be like that.
When God made man,he made sure he chose between good or the end product of good i.e. Evil.
Since God controls everything,I think no matter how bad the absence of good is,he made it and can command it.The same way Jesus cast demons from a mad man and gave it commanded it to go into swine.
The same way God can put evil in you at anytime because you are absent from him.
I now want to ask you why with how dynamic this world is,you still think the world came through scientific jargon and tell me where the energy that gave rise to our world came from since energy can't be created and also tell me where the matter that made up our complex world came from.It is then you realise you are gambling with hell.Brother Jesus loves you.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 5:56am On Sep 01, 2014
Misogynist2014: You must have turned his head upside down after making your first valuable point but as a MAN,I have an answer.
From what I read from the passage,God promised evil(absence of good) on the people who did not his will.Just like when a manufacturer manufactures an independently intelligent robot,everything personally intellectual thing the robot does was made by him,although he didn't programme it to be like that.
When God made man,he made sure he chose between good or the end product of good i.e. Evil.
Since God controls everything,I think no matter how bad the absence of good is,he made it and can command it.The same way Jesus cast demons from a mad man and gave it commanded it to go into swine.
The same way God can put evil in you at anytime because you are absent from him.
I now want to ask you why with how dynamic this world is,you still think the world came through scientific jargon and tell me where the energy that gave rise to our world came from since energy can't be created and also tell me where the matter that made up our complex world came from.It is then you realise you are gambling with hell.Brother Jesus loves you.
talking about robot, no robot thinks independently of what it has been programmed to do(Robots don't think), I don't know what u want after reading your so called bible and seeing your so called God admitting he created evil, the facts are there you only seems to be blind to it, I would rather say I don't know how the world came to be, than give ridiculous explanation about the origin of things, but I would like you to ponder on my signature
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2014
pesty100: talking about robot, no robot thinks independently of what it has been programmed to do(Robots don't think), I don't know what u want after reading your so called bible and seeing your so called God admitting he created evil, the facts are there you only seems to be blind to it, I would rather say I don't know how the world came to be, than give ridiculous explanation about the origin of things, but I would like you to ponder on my signature
Like you read even if God created evil,its still the absence of good as you can see from the passage evil came after the mention of good.Even if evil was created by God, you can clearly infer from the passage that it's in no way for the righteous.God puts evil in the heart of a man,when he leaves the man and not when he is with the man(Saul) or when he wants to destroy evil people e.g. Egypt,Sodom and Gomorrah with exception of if his faith is to be tested e.g. Job or if the evil had to occur for his own good.
Let me tell you my brother,anyone who creates good has created evil e.g. Cars Planes Nuclear energy e.t.c.If God hates the world he wouldn't have sent his son for the evil Adam brought upon man.
Christ himself came to this world and my brother did he cast evil on mankind?No! Is America not doing worse than Sodom and Gomorrah?Have they been destroyed?No! Though everyone knows that the power of America is diminishing daily.This is the world of New Testament,our God is very dynamic in ideas.He has given us the right to leave and suffer the consequences alone.
God created evil because it will be impossible to create good but in the day our world is gonna end,when all will be sieved,those who chose not to be absent from good and keeps to the words of the son of MAN will duel with God and evil will thus be sieved and cast into lake of fire to suffer the consequences of their evil deeds and another world of precious stones will be built,a word devoid of the absence of good,moon and sun and the followers of the son of MAN will reign supreme.
I THINK IT IS BETTER TO FOLLOW THIS GOD THAT HATES EVIL AND HAVE 100% PROBABILITY THAN NOT TO FOLLOW AND HAVE 100% PROBABILITY OF HELL.
What has made Bible different from quran is that in Quran Allah used same principles through out but in Bible God used lenient view of mankind(love,humility and peace;Jesus Christ ) in the NEW TESTAMENT(New Covenant) .
On if God existed,did you know the remains of Pharaoh and his army in red see is in Egypt,telling you God kept to his words and making that part very true and making it true that Moses rod that turned to a snake and ate the magicians snakes(showing the dominance of God over all other gods valid and very true).God said in the last days man will know unrest and CNN confirmed conflicts are rising more than they are being resolved.
God promised if Istrael did not heed his words,he will make Istrael eat one another and it came to pass during the Roman siege.
Even Muslims believe Jesus exist but was a prophet of God who would come back in the last days but read this verse in Bible John 10:30-33 which shows you that the Pharisees couldn't have attempted to Kill Jesus if he was not claiming to be son of God which made many hate him as was seen in the reason they let Barabas go. sad
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 9:28am On Sep 01, 2014
Misogynist2014: Like you read even if God created evil,its still the absence of good as you can see from the passage evil came after the mention of good.Even if evil was created by God, you can clearly infer from the passage that it's in no way for the righteous.God puts evil in the heart of a man,when he leaves the man and not when he is with the man(Saul) or when he wants to destroy evil people e.g. Egypt,Sodom and Gomorrah with exception of if his faith is to be tested e.g. Job or if the evil had to occur for his own good.
Let me tell you my brother,anyone who creates good has created evil e.g. Cars Planes Nuclear energy e.t.c.If God hates the world he wouldn't have sent his son for the evil Adam brought upon man.
Christ himself came to this world and my brother did he cast evil on mankind?No! Is America not doing worse than Sodom and Gomorrah?Have they been destroyed?No! Though everyone knows that the power of America is diminishing daily.This is the world of New Testament,our God is very dynamic in ideas.He has given us the right to leave and suffer the consequences alone.
God created evil because it will be impossible to create good but in the day our world is gonna end,when all will be sieved,those who chose not to be absent from good and keeps to the words of the son of MAN will duel with God and evil will thus be sieved and cast into lake of fire to suffer the consequences of their evil deeds and another world of precious stones will be built,a word devoid of the absence of good,moon and sun and the followers of the son of MAN will reign supreme.
I THINK IT IS BETTER TO FOLLOW THIS GOD THAT HATES EVIL AND HAVE 100% PROBABILITY THAN NOT TO FOLLOW AND HAVE 100% PROBABILITY OF HELL.
What has made Bible different from quran is that in Quran Allah used same principles through out but in Bible God used lenient view of mankind(love,humility and peace;Jesus Christ ) in the NEW TESTAMENT(New Covenant) .
On if God existed,did you know the remains of Pharaoh and his army in red see is in Egypt,telling you God kept to his words and making that part very true and making it true that Moses rod that turned to a snake and ate the magicians snakes(showing the dominance of God over all other gods valid and very true).God said in the last days man will know unrest and CNN confirmed conflicts are rising more than they are being resolved.
God promised if Istrael did not heed his words,he will make Istrael eat one another and it came to pass during the Roman siege.
Even Muslims believe Jesus exist but was a prophet of God who would come back in the last days but read this verse in Bible John 10:30-33 which shows you that the Pharisees couldn't have attempted to Kill Jesus if he was not claiming to be son of God which made many hate him as was seen in the reason they let Barabas go. sad
thank God you now agree that God created evil, and also talking about pascal's wager it has its defects... I will like you to know one thing even if am going to hell in the name of all morality your God should go with me. But well, nuff said
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2014
pesty100: thank God you now agree that God created evil, and also talking about pascal's wager it has its defects... I will like you to know one thing even if am going to hell in the name of all morality your God should go with me. But well, nuff said
grin grin grin grin 1st Peter 1:16 'Be holy;for I am holy.' This link will teach you how holy your creator is https://bible.org/seriespage/holiness-god Read this one who was a former atheist like you http://www.bethinking.org/is-christianity-true/from-atheism-to-christianity-a-personal-journey I really think you wish to learn which is the basic prerequisite to knowing your creator.
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Misogynist2014: grin grin grin grin 1st Peter 1:16 'Be holy;for I am holy.' This link will teach you how holy your creator is https://bible.org/seriespage/holiness-god Read this one who was a former atheist like you http://www.bethinking.org/is-christianity-true/from-atheism-to-christianity-a-personal-journey I really think you wish to learn which is the basic prerequisite to knowing your creator.
stop calling me what am not, who told you am an atheist... You bible should be renamed to : The Holy Book Of Contradictions (am holy God being the creator of evil)
Re: IS THERE GOD? by Misogynist2014(m): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
pesty100: who told you am an atheist... You bible should be renamed to : The Holy Book Of Contradictions (am holy God being the creator of evil)
I and the author have tried a lot,it seems you have hardened yourself and you simply cannot change your views of this benevolent God.You simply do not believe man was not created to suffer but born with the chance of choosing the good or evil life.And our suffering was inposed on us by Adam after eating of the powerful tree with the son of God comming to us to pay the ultimate price.
Did you know that the biblical genesis that God separated waters from waters is very true and if all water vapour air turns to water,the whole earth will be flooded and no human could therefore be created.I agree very much with you God created evil,and man chose it.Your case is better from atheists but I think you didn't bother to read the two links,expectially the second as it answers a lot of questions which ye fail to read.
Obedience is better than sacrifice,MAN cannot be wiser than his creator.If at the end you find out Jesus is the way and you end in hell,it will be very hard on you because the Bible didn't tell you to be evil,as the creator of a car is not a car and the creator of the evil which we have seen in old testament as been harsh(punishing) those that left their conscience and ran after evil and in new testament as being humble kind and loving to mankind whose laws if we follow,will lead us to a perfect earth but for MAN's hardheartedness.Hell is too strong for you to neglect it's power like this giving the fact the Bible never told you to do evil.
My explanations are not needed,just read the former atheist link.If God were evil,tell me a single evil he did by punishing good behavior in either the old testament or the new testament.Once again,read the second link cry cry
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Misogynist2014: I and the author have tried a lot,it seems you have hardened yourself and you simply cannot change your views of this benevolent God.You simply do not believe man was not created to suffer but born with the chance of choosing the good or evil life.And our suffering was inposed on us by Adam after eating of the powerful tree with the son of God comming to us to pay the ultimate price.
Did you know that the biblical genesis that God separated waters from waters is very true and if all water vapour air turns to water,the whole earth will be flooded and no human could therefore be created.I agree very much with you God created evil,and man chose it.Your case is better from atheists but I think you didn't bother to read the two links,expectially the second as it answers a lot of questions which ye fail to read.
Obedience is better than sacrifice,MAN cannot be wiser than his creator.If at the end you find out Jesus is the way and you end in hell,it will be very hard on you because the Bible didn't tell you to be evil,as the creator of a car is not a car and the creator of the evil which we have seen in old testament as been harsh(punishing) those that left their conscience and ran after evil and in new testament as being humble kind and loving to mankind whose laws if we follow,will lead us to a perfect earth but for MAN's hardheartedness.Hell is too strong for you to neglect it's power like this giving the fact the Bible never told you to do evil.
My explanations are not needed,just read the former atheist link.If God were evil,tell me a single evil he did by punishing good behavior in either the old testament or the new testament.Once again,read the second link cry cry
nuff said
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
Misogynist2014: grin grin grin grin 1st Peter 1:16 'Be holy;for I am holy.' This link will teach you how holy your creator is https://bible.org/seriespage/holiness-god Read this one who was a former atheist like you http://www.bethinking.org/is-christianity-true/from-atheism-to-christianity-a-personal-journey I really think you wish to learn which is the basic prerequisite to knowing your creator.
I never dismissed the existence of a creator, what am only trying to show is that if there is a creator, then he/she isn't your christian God simply
Re: IS THERE GOD? by pesty100(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
Misogynist2014: I and the author have tried a lot,it seems you have hardened yourself and you simply cannot change your views of this benevolent God.You simply do not believe man was not created to suffer but born with the chance of choosing the good or evil life.And our suffering was inposed on us by Adam after eating of the powerful tree with the son of God comming to us to pay the ultimate price.
I never harden myself(showed in me changing from Christianity) you are just the one who have refused to see facts even when it stares u in the face, and the link you posted I don't think the guy was a thinking atheist because the only thing he was talking about was C.S lewis, as the guy said his personal experience not mine... Nuff said
Re: IS THERE GOD? by 1ord: 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Loool simpletons
Re: IS THERE GOD? by 1ord: 12:04am On Sep 02, 2014
Misogynist2014: Like you read even if God created evil,its still the absence of good as you can see from the passage evil came after the mention of good.Even if evil was created by God, you can clearly infer from the passage that it's in no way for the righteous.God puts evil in the heart of a man,when he leaves the man and not when he is with the man(Saul) or when he wants to destroy evil people e.g. Egypt,Sodom and Gomorrah with exception of if his faith is to be tested e.g. Job or if the evil had to occur for his own good.
i have found the premise of eternal damnation in a lake of fire to be quite contradictory. How can an eternal and spiritual presence such as the spirit be harmed by the physical heat. Doesn't add up. Furthermore these concepts and statements are often repeated in religion. God gave man a choice and God has a plan for me. They are used interchangeably as will suit the argument of the religious folks. Not anticipating an argument but i call bu.llsh.it to such statements and every religious opinion on this forum. Baseless bul.lshi..t.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven Awkward Behaviours Around The Church Environment. / Joseph Ayo Babalola : His Early Life, Ministry And Death* / How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.