Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? (20191 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / How Do You Make Kulikuli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by YoursGEJ(m): 6:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Everybody don turn ajebo. In the good days, I used to drink garri with it

Chei, I don old o grin grin
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Hemanwel(m): 6:35am On Aug 26, 2014
It's one of the dirtiest Nigerian delicacies in terms of preparation.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by segradino(m): 6:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Still very much around, depends on where u look

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d best data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by temitemi1(m): 6:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Direct d question to kulikuli manufacturer(s) or do we ve one here on NL
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by davidif: 6:37am On Aug 26, 2014
OP,
Nice one. Bring back our kuli-kuli.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Dreyl(m): 6:38am On Aug 26, 2014
I ate kulikuli 6yrs ago,it's like they don't sell it like before
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by vision2050: 6:41am On Aug 26, 2014
The fear of boko haram, even those st.upid militant don killed most of the maker finish. Gone are dos days if I eat it finish and fart the smell is so good.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Dreyl(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2014
MizMyColi: Its still sold around where I live cool
cry

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by kevoh(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:
My only problem is out naming, imagine the white would have called kulikuli = cheese, but we chose an ugly name so they assume it's a poor mans food, baba dudu, zobo, kunu, all are just terrible names... Hahaha
Wat da fuq ? undecided There's nothing wrong and terrible with those names. It is ours. It is purely Nigerian. It is our identity and the world should learn to call it that way.

I am sure you are the type who prefers to hear bean-cake to Akara because Akara is not english. Who told you ''cheese'' is not an ugly name?

11 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by dljbd1(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2014
This is one of the effects of globalization.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by ElekeNtioba: 6:47am On Aug 26, 2014
What do u think?? The originators changed their minds and now prefer making bombs.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Moblord(m): 7:01am On Aug 26, 2014
Local Biscuit
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by disloman(m): 7:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Kuli kuli + garri with chilled water.My best food combo while in sch n still take it once in awhile.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by ceejay80s(m): 7:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Nairaland own don finìsh o!
Dis one too na front page news?
Dem supose quarantine the mod wey put am 4 FP
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by blakky97(m): 7:03am On Aug 26, 2014
talk2riel: Last friday On transit from zaria to kaduna at jaji motor park I couldn't resist the urge. I bought #100 worth of kulikuli.
Did you eat it when those soldiers front of jaji cantonment searched your car?
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by campusflavour: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2014
The reason Why you have not seen kulikuli for long is dat the producers are now into bomb production

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by amnestylaw1(m): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2014
DuchessLily: Shawarma, ice-cream, popcorn etc can not stop me frm eating my kulikuli oo...there is tym for everything - tym for kulikuli and tym for †ђξ other stuffs...†ђξ belle can accommodate all hahahaha...I stay i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ north so I always buy τ̲̅ȍ chew like dat, with chilled garri but †ђξ best n most delicious way τ̲̅ȍ eat kulikuli is with chilled-thick-bornvita and milk. Break †ђξ kulikuli into †ђξ thick mixture n eat with spoon. Try it and thank me later. wink hahaha

Abeg na whish wan be Sharwama again
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

My only problem is out naming, imagine the white would have called kulikuli = cheese, but we chose an ugly name so they assume it's a poor mans food, baba dudu, zobo, kunu, all are just terrible names... Hahaha
This is the height of inferiority complex.

10 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 26, 2014
smiley
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by bjreal67(m): 7:05am On Aug 26, 2014
Tymax: That thing is too hard! angry small time na mess sure pass. No nafdac, nothing! angry
Forget that talk, what does Nafdac have to do wt KULIKULI? ? then what should we say abt GARRI

2 Likes

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by disloman(m): 7:05am On Aug 26, 2014
barackodam: I ate that thing last '09 when I was in Kwara.....havnt tasted till date.....na lag cause am
Bro no lie.dem still dey sell am 4 lag.even in lekki,u go get am.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by msmon(m): 7:06am On Aug 26, 2014
Nice piece, u remind of baba dud and sisi pelebe. All dis are gone due to so called civilisation, right?
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DaWorshiper(m): 7:09am On Aug 26, 2014
DuchessLily: Shawarma, ice-cream, popcorn etc can not stop me frm eating my kulikuli oo...there is tym for everything - tym for kulikuli and tym for †ђξ other stuffs...†ђξ belle can accommodate all hahahaha...I stay i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ north so I always buy τ̲̅ȍ chew like dat, with chilled garri but †ђξ best n most delicious way τ̲̅ȍ eat kulikuli is with chilled-thick-bornvita and milk. Break †ђξ kulikuli into †ђξ thick mixture n eat with spoon. Try it and thank me later. wink hahaha
U too like sweet tins!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Elmickzy(m): 7:10am On Aug 26, 2014
Nah U Think So O@op I Still Dey Chop Am For Ibadan Here
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Lailerh(f): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2014
At home, we never run out of kuli kuli because my grandmother sends it almost every month but she's late now sad no grandma, no adequate kuli kuli, no more sweet love sad
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by DaWorshiper(m): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2014
campusflavour: The reason Why you have not seen kulikuli for long is dat the producers are now into bomb production
Oga, u're on ur own o.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by NaLaugh: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2014
campusflavour: The reason Why you have not seen kulikuli for long is dat the producers are now into bomb production

cheesy
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by buoye1(m): 7:13am On Aug 26, 2014
Going extinct and i'm nt happy

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by persie98: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2014
i havent seen this for a long time...used to love it
[img]http://smsh.me/axul.jpg[/img][img]http://smsh.me/azlb.jpg[/img]
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2014
dz days ehn....kulikuli+ garri

kulikuli mola..epa mola...iso mola
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by eaglechild: 7:14am On Aug 26, 2014
kevoh:
Wat da fuq ? undecided There's nothing wrong and terrible with those names. It is ours. It is purely Nigerian. It is our identity and the world should learn to call it that way.

I am sure you are the type who prefers to hear bean-cake to Akara because Akara is not english. Who told you ''cheese'' is not an ugly name?
Thank you so much.

Some people can be outrightly silly.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 26, 2014
Xtarxhyne: dz days ehn....kulikuli+ garri

kulikuli mola..epa mola...iso mola
.... Lol....I dont see any side-effects ooo....i dont mess and i dont see pimples.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's That Food You Cannot Do Without Eating? / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits! / How To Make Delicious Ofada Sauce With Ease In Details (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.