Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? (20167 Views)

What Are The Names Of These Common Nigerian Delicacy Leaves In English? / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy / How Do You Make Kulikuli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by marcyemi(m): 9:12am On Aug 26, 2014
You call it kulikuli, but in our area we call it "home boys cola". Please am kulikuli fans, where can I get the kulikuli alata.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by nagoma(m): 9:13am On Aug 26, 2014
Bunchersstab: Chewing my KULIKULI and watching u guys from a distance.
I stoped eating it at a time when i saw an old hausa woman preparing it. cheesy

Why it's not different from Akara and certainly more hygienic than gbomo which I will never eat.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by MztrChukwu(m): 9:14am On Aug 26, 2014
Can I get it on Jumia.com?
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2014
nagoma:

Why it's not different from Akara and certainly more hygienic than gbomo which I will never eat.
what is gbomo
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 26, 2014
temigracie: .... Lol....I dont see any side-effects ooo....i dont mess and i dont see pimples.....
c temi claiming ' I don't mess' since 1908

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by nagoma(m): 9:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Silkmoth33: what is gbomo

Gbomo is the cartilaginous thick skin of animals cooked with much pepper and condiments and eaten mainly by southerners.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Arysexy(m): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2014
Stopped eating when I saw an Hausa woman rolling the stuff on her laps. Yuck! Felt like vomiting all the kulikuli I have eaten ever since.

Very unhygienic snacks same as suya.

If u can prepare it at home, better for u, else u dey chop one aboki woman sweat coated snacks.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 26, 2014
nagoma:

Gbomo is the cartilaginous thick skin of animals cooked with much pepper and condiments and eaten mainly by southerners.
eh! Kpomoh no be cartilage oh! smiley
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Arysexy: Stopped eating when I saw an Hausa woman rolling the stuff on her laps. Yuck! Felt like vomiting all the kulikuli I have eaten ever since.

Very unhygienic snacks same as suya.

If u can prepare it at home, better for u, else u dey chop one aboki woman sweat coated snacks.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 26, 2014
DonCrust: Gone are those days when I tap mom's wallet to get myself enough kulikuli that can last me for 1 week but just to finish it within 2hours.... but now I don't eat anything relating to ground nut sad
u developed allergies to peanuts too?
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by radiant3(f): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2014
If u really want to buy original kulikuli,go to kwara state

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Btruth: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2014
Oh mine goodness!..I remember that song that say..#Kulikuli a komo l'ole!
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by 573V31D(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2014
Other names for kulikuli- kk, german stone, brown pako etc
pls add urs
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by JEITO: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2014
Kuli still dey na. Though not that common....

Nothing beats kulikuli from Bida...
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 26, 2014
Xtarxhyne: c temi claiming ' I don't mess' since 1908
...ayam a big gurl nah....u knw what am tryn to say.....big gehs don mess nah
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2014
That large army checkpoint halfway between lokoja and Abuja.

Kwuli.kwuli nah better food o.

But I wonder why Abo.ki don't carry it around again. They have all migrated to suya selling..

Abo.ki word has been censored.

Very soon una go censor suya and punna
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Ladybluecash(f): 10:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Uhmmmm kulikuli... I rememba hw i tak tap ABOKI kulikuli tire, d day d man catch mesef knw sey dem don catch me. We call it HOMEBOYS COLA
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by joe17: 10:50am On Aug 26, 2014
ITbomb: You will live long.
A friend is planning on packaging it alongside his other products (plantain and potato chips) but he couldn't get someone who could prepare it well
my man! You just sold out your friend, tho i blame him for telling you his biznez ideas. U might not undstand buh a gud enterpreneur wil. #peace
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by henryobinna(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2014
talk2riel:
The sugar coated brand of kuli does not give you the luxury of messing. Though I would have welcomed the chance to let out a little prumm- prumm-prumm
haha.
ok,
do you know any online retail out let I can get the sugar-coated brand?
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by joe17: 11:01am On Aug 26, 2014
grin grin
bjreal67:
No mind that AJÈ-BUTTER ... we are Naija and we are nt ashamed of our identity...
Akara, amala, asaro, akamu,dodo, pomo, kunnu, zobo, olèlè abi moi moi, guguru, KULI KULI...........Naija 4real cool
No mind that AJÈ-BUTTER ... we are Naija and we are nt ashamed of our identity...
Akara, amala, asaro, akamu,dodo, pomo, kunnu, zobo, olèlè abi moi moi, guguru, KULI KULI...........Naija 4real
grin
bjreal67:
Akara, amala, asaro, akamu,dodo, pomo, kunnu, zobo, olèlè abi moi moi, guguru, KULI KULI...........Naija 4real cool
Akara, amala, asaro, akamu,dodo, pomo, kunnu, zobo, olèlè abi moi moi, guguru, KULI KULI...........Naija 4real
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2014
Ha....Yes!....I miss the ole days.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by deletrue: 11:24am On Aug 26, 2014
DuchessLily: Shawarma, ice-cream, popcorn etc can not stop me frm eating my kulikuli oo...there is tym for everything - tym for kulikuli and tym for †ђξ other stuffs...†ђξ belle can accommodate all hahahaha...I stay i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ north so I always buy τ̲̅ȍ chew like dat, with chilled garri but †ђξ best n most delicious way τ̲̅ȍ eat kulikuli is with chilled-thick-bornvita and milk. Break †ђξ kulikuli into †ђξ thick mixture n eat with spoon. Try it and thank me later. wink hahaha
Bro. , am in Lagos now. Where can I get them to buy. Thanks.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by deletrue: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2014
MizMyColi: Its still sold around where I live cool
where you dey now? Am in lagos for now
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by peter4d2(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2014
Hw come ur forgot 2 mention Agidi jollof n kokoro good old dayz,abt kuli kuli I served @ ogoja n I fink I eat lik almost everyday wif yellow garri sugar n once in a while cold water.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by xtervaganza(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2014
Back then....not sure anyone likes kuli kuli pass me
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by drnoel: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2014
ITbomb: You will live long.
A friend is planning on packaging it alongside his other products (plantain and potato chips) but he couldn't get someone who could prepare it well
It can be packaged. Someone already packaged agege bread in England so it can be done. There are many Nigerian's eagerly awaiting what to package. U just need to find em.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by allanphash7(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2014
am sure this will be shekau best delicacy cos hin mess alone pass bomb wey him boys dey launch
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by ab2care: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
home boys collar and german stone
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
Davidbanky:

My only problem is out naming, imagine the white would have called kulikuli = cheese, but we chose an ugly name so they assume it's a poor mans food, baba dudu, zobo, kunu, all are just terrible names... Hahaha
Lol. I guess that's what makes us unique - our names.
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Davidbanky(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
360command: the names are not terrible,its just that you have accepted the white mans language thinking theirs sounds better. Imagine how a name like 'candy' would sound to those with no education,no modernity, but understands their local language. I bet you, 'candy' would sound ugly to them.

Ur point is off, candy to a those with no education is not a point, Here we are comparing how the name kulikuli sound to me and you since we both educated, so looking at it from our own educated standard should be our aim ...
Re: What Has Happened To The Nigerian Delicacy Kulikuli? by Godson201333(m): 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
MizMyColi: Its still sold around where I live cool

your name says it all...Mskulikuli

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Torley Vs Moet: Which One Should You Buy This Festive Season? / What's That Food You Cannot Do Without Eating? / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.