Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” (30129 Views)

Photo: Can You Wear This Outfit? / Video Tutorial : Download Free Makeup Tutorial For Black Women / Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by armyofone(m): 6:56am On Aug 26, 2014
Yes, it is. My hair is natural, I did shoulder length kinky twist for 250 (8hr +). For those who relaxed, it cost less (180).
Imagine such financial stress grin

Idowuogbo:
Trust me, its stressful going natural. I tried the whole natural thing this year, bloody expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 26, 2014
I wear my natural hair 30% of the time and I enjoy wearing other hairs 70% of the time. Its my head and my decision, it has nothing to do with complex or blah. We all have the right to express ourselves in whatever way we wanna!

4 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Bolt3: Why don't people say whites have inferiority complex when they tan.
Very good question!

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by GentleMimi: 7:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Most comments made here are mere fictions. An opportunity to bash females,i guess? Lol. The same males condemning weaves are still the same individuals in the real world who chase after such babes and ignore the ones with natural hair. Some even call them(natural hair wearers) ''deeper life sisters''. How many of ur sisters carry natural hair? Can u peeps who condemn weaves and relaxers marry a lady who goes natural? Pls spare us the rants and complaints. The hypocrisy on this thread got me gagging... Are the males out there diff from the ones posting on this thread?
I am not in support of wasting hard earned money on expensive hair weaves. But if u've got a good job and can afford it,pls go ahead! Look good,feel great!
@ blackweaver,bless you!
Yet they say females are confused. Males should make up their minds abt what they want in all honesty. Let us leave self-righteousness aside.

12 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by blackweaver(m): 7:06am On Aug 26, 2014
op does your gf leave her hair natural ? mine does and I know the stress she goes through, besides I can't count the number of times she's told me that some lady told her that if she doesn't use some other kind of hair, her man will leave her for someone else. don't get me wrong, i prefer natural hair or at least real hair, but it's easier to complain about how a woman wears her hair since YOU don't have to wear it yourself. truth is it's not as convenient as those weave-ons. besides if men really made it clear that they prefer natural hair - and I don't mean complaining to your girlfriend because of the money you'll have to spend - many of the people complaining her won't even give a woman with natural hair a second glance - if at the club or bar, it's the woman with natural hair that gets the most attention, believe me women will start to go natural. it's not a matter of self esteem, it's a matter of what's in high demand

10 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Idowuogbo(f): 7:09am On Aug 26, 2014
armyofone: Yes, it is. My hair is natural, I did shoulder length kinky twist for 250 (8hr +). For those who relaxed, it cost less (180).
Imagine such financial stress grin

Lmao! Tell them oo...trips to the salon for oil treatments, hair products nko? Them reach 20 wey u go buy to keep that nappy hair on check. As for styling, this wan na hours b4 the hair go stand in the right position. Natural hair rocks! BUT,It's time and mooooooooooney.

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by nutigal: 7:11am On Aug 26, 2014
Caracta: I don't wear my hair natural because the Nigerian weather isn't good on it. It breaks easily and hurts.

Most Importantly, I CHOOSE to go un-natural because I look tidy and cute when I get my hair done. I don't need to go everywhere with a comb or brush. Its economical and weather-friendly...attractive, protective and easy to maintain. It's not healthy to have your hair unprotected at all times, especially in seasons of Harmattan.

If it's about slave mentality, then why wear clothes and shoes? Afterall, your ancestors never had designer shirts and shoes.

Whoever hates it should humbly take a dive into the Mediterranean sea cheesy

God bless you for this comment.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Ezibless: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2014
Idowuogbo:
U dey apply relaxer and u still dey claim natural? U well so? undecided
I was comparing it to weave-on. Plus i well pass you seff tongue
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by SexyFox(f): 7:16am On Aug 26, 2014
armyofone: Natural hair is difficult to manage.

A big lie. Natural hair is easy to comb as long as you wash it atleast once in a while and put conditional in it often.
The only hard time to style it, it is when it is in medium length stage ( my present length). I put it in braid sometimes or bun it or afro puff or half afro puff.

I'm natural and I know what I am talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Smhart1(f): 7:18am On Aug 26, 2014
you call that inferiority complex, i call it less stress. I cant inagine myself going on natural hair again know the hours i cry when getting it done and combed. I would rather relax my hair and style is as desired for weeks or more when not in the mood for braz. Than cry like am about creating an artificial river all in the name of natural look.....
The question is, how many guys ask ladies with the natural hair out ? You would rather call them SU.
Even if i like going about with my natural hair,i do weaves to change my look.

3 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by SexyFox(f): 7:21am On Aug 26, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Trust me, its stressful going natural. I tried the whole natural thing this year, bloody expensive.
Natural hair care is cheaper. I am guessing you went for very expensive product. I use petal conditional, olive oil, once in a while I use mayonase. And my hair soft.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by ironheart(m): 7:31am On Aug 26, 2014
Caracta: I don't wear my hair natural because the Nigerian weather isn't good on it. It breaks easily and hurts.

Most Importantly, I CHOOSE to go un-natural because I look tidy and cute when I get my hair done. I don't need to go everywhere with a comb or brush. Its economical and weather-friendly...attractive, protective and easy to maintain. It's not healthy to have your hair unprotected at all times, especially in seasons of Harmattan.

If it's about slave mentality, then why wear clothes and shoes? Afterall, your ancestors never had designer shirts and shoes.

another slave in action, as a guy, I never like ladies that fix, make me think they are less a woman. if I need a lady with the kind of hair description you just gave, I will get an Indian, Brazilian or if its African I want with long hair, I will date an Egyptian or an Ethiopian, those foreign babe with long hair are cheaper on my pocket than you black women who needs a lot of money to copy those hairs. I LOVE A BLACK WOMAN WITH A NATURAL UNTREATED HAIR.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by SexyFox(f): 7:31am On Aug 26, 2014
We are free to do what ever we like with our hair. But let learn to care of our natural hair so we can take care of our children/future children hair. Let not pass the relaxer mentality to them.

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by ironheart(m): 7:33am On Aug 26, 2014
SexyFox:
A big lie. Natural hair is easy to comb as long as you wash it atleast once in a while and put conditional in it often.
The only hard time to style it, it is when it is in medium length stage ( my present length). I put it in braid sometimes or bun it or afro puff or half afro puff.

I'm natural and I know what I am talking about.
thank you, I don't know if ur a man or a woman, if your a woman I cab put a ring on it right now
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by deebrain(m): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Three7Ty9:

These Brazilian weavon manufacturers are looking for an advertising manager and here you are wasting away. grin

i thought the person u are quoting told u about diving somewhere?

2 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by ironheart(m): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2014
blackweaver: op does your gf leave her hair natural ? mine does and I know the stress she goes through, besides I can't count the number of times she's told me that some lady told her that if she doesn't use some other kind of hair, her man will leave her for someone else. don't get me wrong, i prefer natural hair or at least real hair, but it's easier to complain about how a woman wears her hair since YOU don't have to wear it yourself. truth is it's not as convenient as those weave-ons. besides if men really made it clear that they prefer natural hair - and I don't mean complaining to your girlfriend because of the money you'll have to spend - many of the people complaining her won't even give a woman with natural hair a second glance - if at the club or bar, it's the woman with natural hair that gets the most attention, believe me women will start to go natural. it's not a matter of self esteem, it's a matter of what's in high demand
why do you think guys go for village girls that knows nothing about weavon? its low esteem on the girls part. by the way those hair makes girl look ugly and smelly when they sleep over. I hate that morning nasty hair looks. what I hate the most is the smell when u cuddle at night. natural is beautiful n am glad guys no longer fall for the hair lies
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by areson: 7:48am On Aug 26, 2014
I attended a wedding late last year. The bride was all natural. NO fixing, fake eye lashes, lip sticks etc (not deeper life oo). Mhen! Dats d best wedding i've ever attended.

To our ladies, be unique, be different, be NATURAL!

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by mrspeaker: 7:56am On Aug 26, 2014
God who creates us in that form, knows best, why we should be like that but our women for whom they are will always have excuse to justify their act. that is the same way their mother Eve made us to lost God glory,giving excuses that the serpent made her to eat the forbidden fruit. Ur xtra hair is also forbidden by God if u dont know...........know it now.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by o2k(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Black man, 'why don't you dress like your fore fathers'?
Dont be so quick to point fingers at others

1 Like

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by thomasdareal(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2014
Ezibless: For this good point you just made,i promise you two HUGE

chewing gums wink
o ya give me ur pin.I mean ur BB pin.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by oluwabamis(m): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2014

Most Nairalanders are childish, you made good points, why spoil it with the last sentence
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 26, 2014
when u tink dis country can't get worse!!! everyone hav d right to do wateva dey want!y don't u preach dis to ur mother's or sisters?, do u males apply Vaseline? do u wear suits?do u wear shoes?do u wear jean/Polos/brush ur teeth? y dnt yall go all African too? u tink its ok to insult women but u guys do same? kudos to caracta who wunt bow to d male chauvinists here!!! and ooo,y do yall use phones? is it African? is internet African? and b4 u bring d world is evolving and technology oriented, is technology african? i tink its u men dat suffer frm d inferiority!! cos u wunt b bothered by such if u male ego ain't bruised by such!! y dnt yall dress like our ancestors? y dnt u tie wrapper to work? use chewing stick to brush u teeth? use ur barehands to eat? use calabash pots? stay in mud houses? bath in d streams? ooo,its ok for d men but wen women do stuff it bcoms inferiority?

8 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by thomasdareal(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2014
evegran: I wear my natural hair 30% of the time and I enjoy wearing other hairs 70% of the time. Its my head and my decision, it has nothing to do with complex or blah. We all have the right to express ourselves in whatever way we wanna!
give me ur pin now now.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 26, 2014
Bolt3: Why don't people say whites have inferiority complex when they tan.

Good question.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Edusouls(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2014
Black woman is inferior in every perspective, not only wearing vry nasty smelling so called western hair, they re also very fake in everything they do, fake loving, loves fake nails,hairs,height, loves lying, unfaithful, vry greedy, argue a lot, natural naggers, very poor.
Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 26, 2014

#Funny. Nakkedness isn't a culture., at a point in time everyone walked nakked. Clothing is but a product of civilisation. Weavons don't make black girls look better, the contrast between their skin and the hair is hilarious... Plaitings with attachments are even preferable, that weavon makes u guys look clownish(scary clowns). Natural hair better anyday, if its hard to maintain, u just crop it.(basically i fancy sisis with cropped hair)

2 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Caracta(f): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2014
Oh well I've seen men with permed hair too...even many of your pastors and role models.

Now tell me something different cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by jantavanta(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2014
Caracta: How many of your wives, girlfriends, mothers and sisters are 100% natural?

Permit me to say they suffer from extremely low esteem too.

Hypocrites!

Yes, they suffer from low esteem because they grew up on Caucasian dolls, white girl goldilocks story books, white women sleeping beauties & princesses, etc. In addition they were brought to worship limp-haired melanin-deficient people & their culture as their God.

2 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2014
most men in dis thread are intimidated by women, real men are not intimidated by such,work on ur ego's chauvinist males of Nairaland, yall smell of inferiority complex,dats y most of u cant marry successful women but wud stick to d village/local girls who aint exposed because u can easily change her views.. big ups to caracta ,i see a future chimamanda adichie

10 Likes

Re: Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” by 2CatWoman: 8:29am On Aug 26, 2014
To MR OP

I hope this is not another women bashing thread that you created?

@ pDude and others, is it any wonder some women have low self-esteem when you young men cannot discuss issues without using derogetory language? Is this how you relate to women face to face?

Back to topic. I don't have a problem with occasional artificial hair but I don't like the fact that they are everywhere. Having said that the vast majority of women wear them more for convenience ( not having to manage hair daily/weekly), because of other commitments and not because of low self-esteem.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Adegoke Rasheed Kolade Wins Mr. Universe Nigeria 2017 (Photos) / Return Of The Old School Wears For Guys {pics} / Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria Finalists Emerge As Grand Finale Holds 15th Dec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.