Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha (611 Views)

Maryam Abacha Spotted At A Wedding (photos) / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha by phemmyutd(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
The economy is so bad today. The only ones
living large are those stealing government money
with impunity:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday
drew similarities between the present state of the
economy and the way it was during the regime of
General Sani Abacha, saying the current situation
has wiped out the middle class.
Obasanjo said a distress message he received
from a Nigerian requesting financial assistance
clearly indicated that the middle-class has been
destroyed. The former president, who was
addressing a group of traders who visited him in
Abeokuta on Sunday, read out the distress
message sent to him by SMS.
“I told him (sender of the message) we
experienced this at the time of Abacha, the
middle class was completely destroyed”,
Obasanjo said.
The former president also told his guests
about a Senior Military personnel who could
not afford a new car, saying that was a big
surprise to him. He said: “I was surprised
the day a Colonel in the Army came to me
complaining that he and his family could not
afford to buy a car (without stealing
government money).”
Obasanjo also cited a medical doctor’s family
that had to relocate outside the country to
survive. “A friend, Dr. Okoro, was a medical
doctor, his wife was also a medical doctor and
they have a daughter who is also a medical
doctor, but they could not afford a new car, and
had to go to Saudi Arabia”, he said.
But he said the situation did not change his
conviction that tough times do not last forever,
and when tough times come, tough people get
going.
On the way forward, he said Nigerians have to be
alert and vigilant, adding, “To be fore-warned is
to be fore-armed, if we will get ourselves out of
the morals we find ourselves in, it has to be done
by each and every one of us. We all have
contributions to make and should not leave our
responsibilities for others. If we fail to participate
in things that are meaningfully positive for this
country, we will all become victims”.
He said as far as the next political dispensation is
concerned, he could not decide yet.
“As for me, we don’t know where we are going
yet, may God show us the way to take this
country and make it great. For me, I understand
and I see the way, I will tell you, I pray that God
will show me the way, may God show you the
way.”
Re: Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha by Kanwulia: 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
The gospel truth. . . ,
No thanks to you BABA WOR-WOR! kiss
Re: Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha by Raxz(m): 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
He obasenjor is one of the people that annihilate corruption to this stage tht we are today. When he was opportune to write the wrongs did he? The answer is NO! He is part of the genesis of our predicament and now he is crying corruption corruption. He nw forget that a curropte system is easy to start bt never easy to fist. God willing we will get over it.

Mean while

VOTE GEJ 4 2015
Re: Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha by paul288yahoo(m): 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
pot calling kettle black....
Re: Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
I didn't read the post by the Op when I saw OBJ..smh. He ought to be arrested for making Nigeria a mess.
Re: Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha by Leboska(m): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mr obasanjo that ban & size other people goods just to give one man licence is good abi, attacking & clossing political opponents business good also, punishing the poor with fuel hike is also good. Investing billions in powere without any thing to show for it not corruption abi, refinery nko how much u put there? We know your problem, he gej pushed u out thats why you are bitter but don't worry go & relax & wait for your death cos people like me will never listen to the father of coruption like you.
Re: Obasanjo Cries Out: The Economy Today Isworse Than Abacha by Tolexander: 1:03am On Aug 26, 2014
paul288yahoo: pot calling kettle black....
definitely, one is darker!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon / That Ikimi Revelation / Despite Wounds,medal Of Honour Reciepient Killed 175 Enemies,saved Comrades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.