Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

So United State Also Have Homeless People? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / So United State Also Have Homeless People? (1018 Views)

Seyi Sodimu Celebrates Daughter's Birthday By Feeding The Poor & Homeless: Photo / 15 Celebrities Who Were Homeless Before They Became Famous / See The Homeless Man Who Rejected Davido's Monetary Gift - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So United State Also Have Homeless People? by nigerianvenom(m): 11:47pm On Aug 25, 2014
i felt i should share this with u guys.miley cyrus was nominated for an mtv award held last week,so she decided to go there with one of the homeless man.miley cyrus has been soliciting for homeless people in the US over the years and she decided to use this occassion to exhibit this to the world.

Jesse, 22, originally from Oregon, accepted
the Video of the Year Award on Miley
Cyrus's behalf

He told the emotional audience that he'd
spent much of his youth homeless in Los
Angeles
Cyrus used the opportunity to spread
awareness of the issue and gain attention
for charity for the homeless My Friend's
Place
Miley Cyrus stole the show at this year's VMAs
but instead of twerking and sticking out her
tongue, the pop star grabbed the attention of the
audience by promoting her pet cause - youth
homelessness.
The blonde singer won the Video of the Year
award for her song Wrecking Ball but rather than
take to the stage and mouth platitudes, Cyrus
sent in her stead a young man named Jesse to
read a speech about the subject close to the
star's heart.
'My name is Jesse,' the 22-year-old said. 'I am
accepting this award on behalf of the 1.6 million
runaways and homeless youth in the United
States who are starving and lost and scared for
their lives. I know, because I am one of those
people.'
'I've been an extra in your movies, I've been an
extra in your lives,' the blond-haired, blue eyed
Jesse told the audience. 'Los Angeles has the
largest population of homeless youth in
America.'
miley cyrus below

miley cyrus and jesse-the homeless man

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2733581/How-Miley-Cyrus-used-youth-named-Jesse-big-VMA-win-help-America-s-1-6million-homeless-teens.html
Re: So United State Also Have Homeless People? by lilprinze: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
Their is no country in the world that is without poor people even France, UAE, England, Germany etc they all have people who are very poor. It is just the numbers of poor people in Africa is to high or are too much.
Re: So United State Also Have Homeless People? by nigerianvenom(m): 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
the point here is dat no country or place is perfect.the world media such as;ABC,BBC,CNN,etc will never show us this negative side of theirs,but each day i watched the CNN,all it does is to showcase the poverty rate in africa and they will never show the potentials and to them,there is no positivity in africa.
i'm not happy knowing that almost 2million americans are homeless which might actually be more than that but why dont show us this in their documentary/news?
why make africa the weeping continent?sadly,their perception about africa has even made africans lose hope on themselves and their goals.
but gladly,i believe we still have great innovative minds that will surely drives us to our promise land.
when i see potentials sure as seun osuwa,linda ikeji,
innocent chukwuma,aliko dangote,mike adenuga,kanu nwankwo,tony elumelu,etc,my heart beams with joy cos i know we are heading somewhere positive in life and the "west" cannot stop we africans with their propaganda.
like jjc would say,"we are africans...africannnns we are".

1 Like

Re: So United State Also Have Homeless People? by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 26, 2014
Of course many people are homeless in US. Don't let their media fool you. They show you only the good parts of US and hide the dirty, ugly parts.

The media doesn't even talk about Detroit and hide that aspect of their country very well. grin grin

1 Like

Re: So United State Also Have Homeless People? by nigerianvenom(m): 12:09am On Aug 26, 2014
lilprinze: Their is no country in the world that is without
poor people even France, UAE, England, Germany
etc they all have people who are very poor. It is
just the numbers of poor people in Africa is to
high or are too much.
why havent they shown us their own even for once?
all they do is showcase to us their beauty and near perfect lifestyles

pDude: Of course many people are homeless in US. Don't let their media fool you. They show you only the good parts of US and hide the dirty, ugly parts.
thanks boss.they are biase to africa and that is why africa tends to be the dark continent and sadly we fall for their gimmicks
Re: So United State Also Have Homeless People? by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 26, 2014
Yes there are homeless and jobless people in US just like in every other country. The difference regrettably is, while jobless and homeless Nigerians are first class graduates from reputable universities in the country, the jobless and homeless people in US are MOSTLY people of bad record who are considered unemployable. The handicapped, pregnant ladies and other people, who for one good reason or the other cannot to work, are well taken care of by government.

3 Likes

Re: So United State Also Have Homeless People? by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 26, 2014
IdiAmin1: Yes there are homeless and jobless people in US just like in every other country. The difference regrettably is, while jobless and homeless Nigerians are first class graduates from reputable universities in the country, the jobless and homeless people in US are MOSTLY people of bad record who are considered unemployable. The handicapped, pregnant ladies and other people, who for one good reason or the other cannot to work, are well taken care of by government.
In fact most of these homeless people are on monthly employment insurance or one benefit of the other that could still come close to a thousand dollars but for reasons best known to them( gambling, drug abuse, e.t.c) they prefer to sleep on the streets.
Re: So United State Also Have Homeless People? by nigerianvenom(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2014
IdiAmin1: Yes there are homeless and jobless people in US just like in every other country. The difference regrettably is, while jobless and homeless Nigerians are first class graduates from reputable universities in the country, the jobless and homeless people in US are MOSTLY people of bad record who are considered unemployable. The handicapped, pregnant ladies and other people, who for one good reason or the other cannot to work, are well taken care of by government.

does d guy u see above looka like an handicapped or unemployable?
just watch the mtv award and tell me if that guy is a dullard.the ills u find here are also everywhere.
Re: So United State Also Have Homeless People? by lilprinze: 9:54am On Aug 26, 2014
nigerianvenom:
why havent they shown us their own even for once?
all they do is showcase to us their beauty and near perfect lifestyles

thanks boss.they are biase to africa and that is why africa tends to be the dark continent and sadly we fall for their gimmicks
propaganda, the truth is that they don't just like the blacks the British are racist so they would always look for things that would make us look like terrible and bad people and display it to the world.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yepa! What Is Iyanya Doing Again? / Malala An Amazing Young Woman Of The World / PLEASE; Help Me To VOTE This In Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.