Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) (17574 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by godG: 7:17am On Aug 26, 2014
imperiouxx: undecided undecided

In the kingdom of the blinds.......

finish am for me please

...a one-eyed man leads the pack.
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Standard007(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2014
Before u know it NFF go kari am put 4 super eagles undecided angry
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by DaWorshiper(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2014
gbaskiboy: Ar no get Enoff MB to stream it, i go wait till supersport go show am
Patience is a virtue!
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Truckpusher(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2014
Wetin my man wear for head,na Brazilian hair? grin

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 26, 2014
nairaman66: Good for him.. I wonder how many goals like this he has scored while in the premier league or the Serie A..

he did score some fantastic goals for newcastle though
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Carlmax(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2014
He try
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Ahmeduana(m): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2014
seuncyber: Nice one by Oba goal,this guy is good but the age he claim there is God oh

His younger sister who sch in oou then is 28 now oh
IF HIM AND SISTER ARE NOT OF THE SAME FATHER OR THE SAME MOTHER nko? THINK ABOUT THAT!
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 26, 2014
nairaman66: Good for him.. I wonder how many goals like this he has scored while in the premier league or the Serie A..
he scored a similar goal in d serie a in the match against atalanta 2002/2003 from d midfield .....he was termed "inters Pele"
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by spyg1(m): 7:56am On Aug 26, 2014
Nigerians scored 4 goals in the match, Martins and Fanendo Adi
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Cutekemitola: Have always respected Martins no matter what anyone says...he is a great striker

Same here. I have never doubted his ability. With him on field, there is this confidence that anything can happen.
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 26, 2014

If you watch football, you will know that Martins' goal, irrespective of where he played, are world class goals.

His goal vs Tottenham in EPL in his first season in England won goal of the week. It was described as one of the most powerful shots ever seen in the history of EPL.

His opening goal vs Aston Villa (I think) on the first day of 2007/2008 season was another stunning goal, a spectacular bicycle kick. He scored great goals in Italy, Germany, Russia and Spain too.

He scored 17 goals in his first season in England.

I don't believe the guy is spent. We need him for 2015 Nations cup. I believe was impatient with him the last time he invited him. Performance in a single match is not enough.
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by nairaman66(m): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2014
Jarus:

If you watch football, you will know that Martins' goal, irrespective of where he played, are world class goals.

His goal vs Tottenham in EPL in his first season in England won goal of the week. It was described as one of the most powerful shots ever seen in the history of EPL.

His opening goal vs Aston Villa (I think) on the first day of 2007/2008 season was another stunning goal, a spectacular bicycle kick. He scored great goals in Italy, Germany, Russia and Spain too.

I don't believe the guy is spent. We need him for 2015 Nations cup. I believe was impatient with him the last time he invited him. Performance in a single match is not enough.

You are probably right! Maybe he is not finished after all..
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by cadaverMortis: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2014
its better to score 25 ordinary goals a season like van nistelrooy in his Manchester united days than to score one spectacular goal then we wait till next season before another one comes.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by free2ryhme: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2014
Amazing
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Donkunxex(m): 8:35am On Aug 26, 2014
d commentators tho. 'are u kidding me'.....
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Goke7: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2014
Jarus:

truth is if he's called up for the eagles and refuse to score in a match, everybody praising him here will start pulling him down, that's how we Nigerians behave, remember plastic fans?
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by 2chains1(m): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2014
dagbenga: he scored a similar goal in d serie a in the match against atalanta 2002/2003 from d midfield .....he was termed "inters Pele"

Lol Bros. Vitor Hugo Pele (midfielder) was inter's Pele because that was his actual name not martins lol.
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Missy89(f): 9:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Good goal but MLS Sucks!.
A washout striker can be king there.
and ESPN soccer commentary is always ridiculous as usual
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2014
He tried...

But the other goal he scored from an impossible angle with one touch of his feet is more magical..
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2014
rill: Nna no mb to waste. Make person just help type d full tanscript of d video.

And you say you well..
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by koning: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Me too fit score fantastic goals for MLS. Dem no sabi defend.
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Raikishi(m): 10:05am On Aug 26, 2014
You people insulting MLS... No be the same Americans FLOG una senselessly. Haters always gon hate! Bad belle people

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Genea(f): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2014
I hate football
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2014
2chains1:

Lol Bros. Vitor Hugo Pele (midfielder) was inter's Pele because that was his actual name not martins lol.
he was termed african pele(the brazilian) and also called d new george weah becos of his ability to go solo ....I can send u d video if u want ....m a die hrt nerazzuri fan (internazionale de milano)
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by redcliff: 10:18am On Aug 26, 2014
rill: Nna no mb to waste. Make person just help type d full tanscript of d video.

Because you are who?
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 26, 2014
dridowu: If he continues to score may be the coaching crew of Nigeria may consider him again

in MLS...Nigerian football should be past MLS stage and all those other 20cent leagues that our players go to...Go play in one of those top leagues in europe and improve your skill as a player...Glad martins is having a good time with sounders but its about time we give the Green and white jersey to players who will actually do something for us,if it means we have to stick to Nigerian players in our league,so be it but our footballers need to start aiming higher....Yakubu is now missing in China and the same fate is about to befall Imoh Ezekiel by that stupid move to qatar or is it UAE?look at Gyan,very very talented footballer, who if he had stayed in a top league would probably be one of the top 10 strikers in the world(to still be as good as he is playing in UAE is shocking)
I repeat,happy to see Martins get some fame in the US for his footballing abilities but I would sincerely beg him to go back to a top european team and be a way better player than you are...I miss the martins of inter
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by omoredia: 10:29am On Aug 26, 2014
appearance is everything! get a great banner today! &*(( ^*

Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2014
Raikishi: You people insulting MLS... No be the same Americans FLOG una senselessly. Haters always gon hate! Bad belle people
and how many players from the American team were MLS players and how many remained in MLS after the WC....

Jozy Altidore Sunderland (England)
DaMarcus Beasley Houston Dynamo MLS
Kyle Beckerman Real Salt Lake MLS
Alejandro Bedoya Nantes (France)
Matt Besler Sporting Kansas City MLS
Michael Bradley Toronto FC (recently transferred from Mexican League)
John Brooks Hertha Berlin (Germany)
Geoff Cameron Stoke City (England)
Timmy Chandler Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany)
Brad Davis M Houston Dynamo MLS
Clint Dempsey Seattle Sounders FC (recently transferred from EPL)
Mix Diskerud Rosenborg (Norway)
Omar Gonzalez LA Galaxy MLS
Julian Green Bayern Munich (Germany)
Brad Guzan Aston Villa (England)
Tim Howard Everton (England)
Aron Johannsson AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands)
Fabian Johnson Borussia Moenchengladbach (Germany)
Jermaine Jones New England Revolution MLS
Nick Rimando Real Salt Lake MLS
Chris Wondolowski San Jose Earthquakes MLS
DeAndre Yedlin Seattle Sounders FC (Recently transferred to EPL)
Graham Zusi Sporting Kansas City MLS

and of all the MLS players on there,only Matt Besler,Clint Dempsey and DeMarcus Beasley are guaranteed starters
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by iconize(m): 11:53am On Aug 26, 2014
Whatever!

I still don't think there's much difference between Martins and Musa. They've got pace, but less football sense.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Krasid(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
Great goal.
Re: Obafemi Martins dribble entire defense to score MLS goal of the year( Video) by Celepope: 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
Even with this goal that doesn't stop Asisat Oshoala from playing better than him afterall she scored more better goals than this in the world cup.. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohamed Salah Covers For GQ Magazine [photos] / Danny Drinkwater Charged With Drink-driving After Crash / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.