Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas (27326 Views)

Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you / Cbn’s Directive On Use Of Foreign Currency, A Confusing Signal / Ban On Use Of CBN's Dollars By Oil Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 4:16am On Aug 26, 2014
In a bid to encourage the use of
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG),
popularly called cooking gas in Lagos,
the State Ministry of Energy and
Mineral Resources has taken the use of
cooking gas campaign to the grass root,
tasking residents to adopt this clean,
safer and cost-effective fuel because of
its inherent advantages.
Speaking during the distribution of free
EKO Gas cylinders and accessories to
residents of Alimosho Local Government
Area by the Ministry of Energy and
Mineral Resources, the Permanent
Secretary in the ministry, Mrs. Regina
Iyabo Obasa disclosed that the Lagos
State Government is determined to
ensure that Lagos homes imbibe the use
of LPG because of its inherent
advantages.
She disclosed that Lagos State
Government introduced Eko Gas
Scheme as a domestic fuel of choice for
Lagosians in order to reduce carbon
emissions from the use of firewood and
kerosene and because of its inherent
advantages such as being cleaner,
healthier, safe, more efficient and
convenient to use for cooking.
‘’Lagos State Government is set to
introduce one million gas cylinders to
Lagos homes in the next five years to
make the use of LPG a success. This
exercise of sensitizing and distributing
free Eko Gas stove cylinders to
Lagosians has been undertaken in Isolo
LCDA, Eredo LCDA, and Badagry
Central LCDA,” she said.
She further stated that the State
government in conjunction with the
Lagos Chamber of Commerce and
Industry has mapped out plans to
sensitise and distribute Eko gas
cylinders with full accessories to other
local government areas on a weekly
basis till the end of 2014.
Also speaking at the event,
representative of the President of the
Lagos Chamber of Commerce and
Industry, Mr. Adewuyi Makinde
enjoined Lagosians and in particular
residents of Alimosho to embrace the
use of a cleaner fuel for cooking.
He disclosed that LPG popularly called
cooking gas is the cleanest and most
efficient fuel available today. Makinde
reiterated the determination of his
organisation to partner with Lagos State
Government in safeguarding the
environment against hazardous
substances emitted while cooking with
charcoal, firewood and kerosene.
Welcoming guests to the event, the
Chairman of the Local Development
Area, Hon. Israel Olusola Adekunle
represented by the Head, Human
Resources, Mr. Oluwo Ojo expressed his
delight at the initiative saying ‘’ words
cannot express how delighted and
inspired my humble self and members of
my cabinet are because this initiative
which is clearly an indication of
tremendous democratic development
and equitable distribution of the
dividends of democracy’’.
He re-echoed the importance of
switching to the use of LPG which he
said is possibly the cleanest and most
efficient fuel available today.
“Through the use of LPG in rural and
low income household, Lagosians can be
assured of better health, a cleaner
environment and more efficient and
faster cooking times,” he said.
Highlight of the event was the
presentation of free Eko Gas stove
cylinders to residents of the locality
including former National Deputy
President of the Nigerian Union of Local
Government Employees (NULGE),
Alhaji Arashi Omikunle and some food
vendors.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-tasks-residents-on-use-of-cooking-gas/187351/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Dreal1247: 4:35am On Aug 26, 2014
But some people wont view it to be safer and cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by tunwumi: 5:15am On Aug 26, 2014
Education is what gives knowledge of possibilities in impossible.

7 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Not many know of this devt. Far much better than kerosene wey dem go dey increase d price evry tym lyk say na their birth-right sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by drsteroid(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2014
This is really a welcome devt.gud move by LASG.fud cooked with gas cooker tastes gud n beta.Also,from a medical perspective,gas cooker is also far beta dan firewood or stove

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 26, 2014
The price of refilling a 12.5kg cylinder is quite on the high side. A common man cannot afford 2,800naira for that. The price should be reduced if they want a success in their campaign.

7 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2014
drsteroid: This is really a welcome devt.gud move by LASG.fud cooked with gas cooker tastes gud n beta.Also,from a medical perspective,gas cooker is also far beta dan firewood or stove

How does it help from the medical angle?

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2014
msmon:

How does it help from the medical angle?
the smoke from firewood and stove can be very dangerous to health you know.

6 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: the smoke from firewood and stove can be very dangerous to health you know.

Oh ok! Got it. I actually use gas anyway. Thanks
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Lilimax(f): 7:47am On Aug 26, 2014
This is a very good initiative and I hope that Lagosians will embrace this laudable act.
Again, they should make the price very affordable for the common man
out there. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: The price of refilling a 12.5kg cylinder is quite on the high side. A common man cannot afford 2,800naira for that. The price should be reduced if they want a success in their campaign.
Buying half when one can't refill fully is an option, it works grin embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by emiye(m): 8:46am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: The price of refilling a 12.5kg cylinder is quite on the high side. A common man cannot afford 2,800naira for that. The price should be reduced if they want a success in their campaign.

There are smaller gas cylinders like 3.25kg and 6.5kg which refilling cost should be 750 and 1,500 respectively. I believe it is cost effective than Kerosene.

Edit: pictures of the small cylinders. These pixes were taken from the thread at the launch of the programme last year

5 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2014
chimkaire: Buying half when one can't refill fully is an option, it works grin embarassed
Seriously? I didn't know one can buy half refill. There's nothing better than having a full refill anyway.
How long does a half refill last for you?
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2014
emiye:

There are smaller gas cylinders like 3.25kg and 6.5kg which refilling cost should be 750 and 1,500 respectively. I believe it is cost effective than Kerosene.
that one na camp gas nau! I am already used to 12.5kg cylinder and I have two of them in the house empty. cry
Na stove things I dey so till further notice. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: Seriously? I didn't know one can buy half refill. There's nothing better than having a full refill anyway.
How long does a half refill last for you?
Bought half during the Sallah hols (the Saturday) still on it. My first of buying half though grin. By my estimation, I have at most, 3 weeks more, hopefully undecided cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 26, 2014
If the common man should do his calculation properly, he will know that gas is cheaper to kerosine, I have been using gas since my days in the university till date. My 12.5kg last for 3 rmonths, let's assume am buying kerosine by now I would have spent more than that. Though one thing I see is that some families may find it difficult bring out the amount once to buy.

20 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 26, 2014
Are they gonna subsidize the price?
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2014
DikeOha882: If the common man should do his calculation properly, he will know that gas is cheaper to kerosine, I have been using gas since my days in the university till date. My 12.5kg last for 3 rmonths, let's assume am buying kerosine by now I would have spent more than that. Though one thing I see is that some families may find it difficult bring out the amount once to buy.
you are right. Folks prefer spending little continously to going for the real thing. Nigerian mentality....you see.

5 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2014
chimkaire: Bought half during the Sallah hols (the Saturday) still on it. My first of buying half though grin. By my estimation, I have at most, 3 weeks more, hopefully undecided cheesy
wow! If it has lasted this long,then its ok. I might need to refill mine this weekend. Probably half refill cool tongue

4 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by emiye(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: that one na camp gas nau! I am already used to 12.5kg cylinder and I have two of them in the house empty. cry
Na stove things I dey so till further notice. grin grin
Except you are cooking for the whole of your local government, the 12.5kg cylinder should at worst last 1.5 months.

7 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: wow! If it has lasted this long,then its ok. I might need to refill mine this weekend. Probably half refill cool tongue
grin grin grin
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 26, 2014
chimkaire: grin grin grin
babes,I just went to refill my cylinder an hour ago. The Eko Gas is real o! It is located right inside my estate. Lemme upload the picture of the flyer I collected. Unfortunately,I didn't take my phone with me to the refilling plant. I would have taken pictures.

4 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 11:07am On Aug 26, 2014
This topic deserves to be on FP!
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: babes,I just went to refill my cylinder an hour ago. The Eko Gas is real o! It is located right inside my estate. Lemme upload the picture of the flyer I collected. Unfortunately,I didn't take my phone with me to the refilling plant. I would have taken pictures.

Was it refilled for you at a relatively lower price?
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by TonySpike: 11:08am On Aug 26, 2014
Kerosene burns faster than methane or butane cooking gas, and therefore, kerosene is more expensive. I wonder how some people fail to realise this...

9 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by msmon(m): 11:11am On Aug 26, 2014
Has anyone learn about the gem fuel stove?
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2014
Dp
Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2014
msmon:

Was it refilled for you at a relatively lower price?
For where? I wanted to refill half but later changed my mind and refilled full price. Its 2,800naira for full refill. sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2014
berem: babes,I just went to refill my cylinder an hour ago. The Eko Gas is real o! It is located right inside my estate. Lemme upload the picture of the flyer I collected. Unfortunately,I didn't take my phone with me to the refilling plant. I would have taken pictures.
Really? Where can I access this and does it come cheaper?
Oh disregard the. Ogologo question...I got it now, reading your previous post. smiley thanks....

1 Like

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 26, 2014
chimkaire: Really? Where can I access this and does it come cheaper?
Oh disregard the. Ogologo question...I got it now, reading your previous post. smiley thanks....
my dear,its not cheaper o! Its the same price. Just that I didn't really need to stress myself going farther as I always did. The Eko Gas plant is right inside my estate. I guess there are similar plants scattered across lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 26, 2014
TonySpike: Kerosene burns faster than methane or butane cooking gas, and therefore, kerosene is more expensive. I wonder how some people fail to realise this...
not everyone is as educated as you are. that's why LAGS is doing a sensitization program to educate lagosians about the benefits of using cooking gas. most lagosians if you ask them why they don't use gas ,they will tell you it's dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
sis 12.5kg is equivalent of about 50 litres of kerosene and that about 7,500 naira. Btw there are smaller cylinders.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? / AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b / Azikel Refinery To Commence Operations In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.