Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? (24449 Views)

Can Sexual Sins Hinder One From Getting Married? / Question Of The Day: Can One's Destiny Be Altered Or Truncated? / Can The Church One Attends Hinder One From Making Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by golor(m): 5:15am On Aug 26, 2014
when I was very young I use to hear do not annoy any old woman be it ur grandma or any old person,that if she open her mouth to swear for u,according to them u will no longer see good until she reverse it.......but going into religious aspect,I learnt that we re created for a propose nt only that but with a genuine Destiny that we must fulfil.though sometimes it maybe delay bt not deny....
my question is can the swear (curse) of any old person or ur parents makes one not to fulfil his/her destiny at all?if yes.what about the swear of a step parents?and again is,there swear more powerful than God's word,plan and propose towards one's life?
a pleasant morning to u all.............@don Golor

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 26, 2014
grin destiny is written. I don't think curses can hinder it.

11 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2014
Fact... Destiny is written but its not read only... It is read write.... It can be cancelled and rewritten either by u or someone else that has a ladder into ur spiritual life.

Proverb says death and life and in the power of the tongue and those that love it shall eat the fruit thereof... Meaning either one u want u say for itself and not only the tongue but the authority that the tongue carries. Ur Parent's is supposed to carry much than urs but another thing that can go against that is if u have a greater power within you. If its God's power, are u sure sure not going against ur parents for them to give the curse?

Whichever, the curse is supposed to have been said and taking effect and the only way is to ask for forgiveness from God and man (if they are still alive). Ask for forgiveness and renounce such curses with fasting cos u need power to remove the curse believing by grace that u shall be free.

And about God's word with respect to someone's destiny from bring truncated, it all depends... Its no more let thy will be done... It is if I want, thy will will be done. Job has a destiny for his life and he has all stand to curse God is he wants to but he CHOSE not to and the destiny came alive... So Adam and Eve... They all had a choice even though God wanted them to stay in the paradise... So its our choice that determines out destiny.

26 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by hushmail: 8:03am On Aug 26, 2014
even d curse of one who in no way related can have severe effects

d main thing z d reason behind d curse and it can pass down generations if d reason behind is deep rooted in pains and agon

4 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by oyihou: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2014
In our society today where old women are extremely envious of the young ladies, they could go as far as cursing the lady if she refuse to associate with them and to do whatever they ask of her. So most of them use that oppurtunity to curse this innocent lady.
WHO IS HE THAT SAYETH AND IT COMMET TO PASS WHEN THE LORD COMNANDED IT NOT.

ANY CURSE OUT OF WICKEDNESS BACK TO THE SENDER.

A curse has no power over the righteous
(Numbers 5:23-28).

How shall I curse whom God has not
cursed? And how shall I denounce whom the
LORD has not denounced? – Numbers 23:9.

Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying
swallow, So a curse without cause shall not
alight. – Proverbs 26:2.

60 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by MizMyColi(f): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2014
oyihou:
In our society today where old women are extremely envious of the young ladies, they could go as far as cursing the lady if she refuse to associate with them and to do whatever they ask of her. So most of them use that oppurtunity to curse this innocent lady.
WHO IS HE THAT SAYETH AND IT COMMET TO PASS WHEN THE LORD COMNANDED IT NOT.

ANY CURSE OUT OF WICKEDNESS BACK TO THE SENDER.

A curse has no power over the righteous
(Numbers 5:23-28).

How shall I curse whom God has not
cursed? And how shall I denounce whom the
LORD has not denounced? – Numbers 23:9.

Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying
swallow, So a curse without cause shall not
alight. – Proverbs 26:2.

I concur cool
However we must follow and pursue peace with all men, especially our parents.

10 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by oyihou: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2014
MizMyColi:
I concur cool
However we must follow and pursue peace with all men, especially our parents.

Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that he should lie;
neither the son of man, that he should
repent: hath he said, and shall he not do
it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not
make it good?

IF YOU CONCUR THAT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS IT'S SIMPLY YOUR BURDEN TO BEAR.

8 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by ayusco85(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2014
golor: when I was very young I use to hear do not annoy any old woman be it ur grandma or any old person,that if she open her mouth to swear for u,according to them u will no longer see good until she reverse it.......but going into religious aspect,I learnt that we re created for a propose nt only that but with a genuine Destiny that we must fulfil.though sometimes it maybe delay bt not deny....
my question is can the swear (curse) of any old person or ur parents makes one not to fulfil his/her destiny at all?if yes.what about the swear of a step parents?and again is,there swear more powerful than God's word,plan and propose towards one's life?

from what i know, its only ur mothers and ur fathers curse that can hinder ur destiny or affect u negatively. but a fathers curse can be broken by a man of God, even if he dies without forgiving u, but that of a mothers cant be reversed if she dies without forgiving u.

last bullet: OP hope u havent stepped on plenty toes and gotten lots of curses and u want to know if u should take the curses serious or not. make peace while they are still alive, some people are as powerful as FATE itself.

*my 2 cent*

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 26, 2014
no... swear and insult no even fit tear shirt.... if swear d do anything , our politicians for don die from all the curse wey old men and women , young men and women , and even children and foetus (no ask Mr how) d give dem....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by QMark: 9:36am On Aug 26, 2014
As my parents, they have their powers, but that doesn't make them my God.

When they pray for me, I believe, it happens
When they pray for me, I don't believe, it doesn't happen

If they curse me, I have the right to believe it or not. My believe is agreeing or disagreeing with them before God. And the good news is, God loves me enough to grant me "my heart desire". IOW, "my believe".

In Kenny K'ore's words: "I'm what the Father says I am"

3 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by rill: 9:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Lol at destiny is not read only
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by shadowwalker101: 9:37am On Aug 26, 2014
yep
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by sirjohnson(m): 9:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Yes of course. Read this facts about curses [url=gyagh8pk3xr]HERE[/url] and you will agree with me.
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by MizMyColi(f): 9:39am On Aug 26, 2014
Okay. Noted.
oyihou:

Numbers 23:19

God is not a man, that he should lie;
neither the son of man, that he should
repent: hath he said, and shall he not do
it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not
make it good?

IF YOU CONCUR THAT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS IT'S SIMPLY YOUR BURDEN TO BEAR.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by otijah(m): 9:39am On Aug 26, 2014
I think curses can only take effect if the victim really did something abominable and outrageous. You can just come out and swear for an innocent person and expect it to work, that's a lie

8 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Kanwulia: 9:39am On Aug 26, 2014
Like religion. . . . .only it you have the "faith of a mustard seed"! grin
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Booty4me: 9:39am On Aug 26, 2014
My destiny is carved, engraved and not written
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by persie98: 9:39am On Aug 26, 2014
it is what it shall be
[img]http://smsh.me/axul.jpg[/img][img]http://smsh.me/azlb.jpg[/img]
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Samiceman: 9:39am On Aug 26, 2014
"can a swear of a parent hinders one destiny" who taught you English?

9 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by felifeli: 9:41am On Aug 26, 2014
It definitely has destroyed your grammar ."Swear of a parent " ? O ti o shocked shocked

7 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Blockus: 9:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Noooo!!

If not, I would be finished by now.. grin

My Mama use swear and curse scatter me. grin

10 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by msmon(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2014
NO! I don't think it can, destiny has been written and the curse may serve as the platform to make the destiny.
The prophet (s.a.w.) said: Allah write destiny, mankind fulfill it. I hope I'm right about that saying sha.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Op I asked that same question sometime ago. And NL'ers expressed their views.Here lies your answers https://www.nairaland.com/1840245/elderly-peoples-curse-blessing-superstion
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by josite: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2014
if the curse is unwaranteed in the sense that you have not done anything wrong.the curse is causeless and therefore shall not come to pass.
Proverbs 26:2 As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 26, 2014
golor: when I was very young I use to hear do not annoy any old woman be it ur grandma or any old person,that if she open her mouth to swear for u,according to them u will no longer see good until she reverse it.......but going into religious aspect,I learnt that we re created for a propose nt only that but with a genuine Destiny that we must fulfil.though sometimes it maybe delay bt not deny....

Abeg Seun what's the difference btwn this topic and this >>> Elderly People's Curse And
Blessing: Superstion Or
Fact?
https://www.nairaland.com/1840245/elderly-peoples-curse-blessing-superstion

I think your Mods are mixing things up.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:45am On Aug 26, 2014
It can.

1 Like

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by hayoakins(m): 9:45am On Aug 26, 2014
YES! Even when the child

Same way their prayers work like magic regardless of their religious background/faith.

Oops! my mama is yet to pray for me today, off to dial her number at once smiley
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by Liamm(m): 9:46am On Aug 26, 2014
will comment later
Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by bastien: 9:46am On Aug 26, 2014
Parents should always swear, that it will be better for there kids and not it won't be better for them

I once shun ma dad after saying it won't be better for me..........I replied, and told him it will be better for me

Maybe him parents tell am, dsame tin, That's why e no better for am,African parents self

7 Likes

Re: Can The Curse Of A Parent Hinder One's Destiny? by drstan(m): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2014
It can affect one and his generation, but if that person take charge in the aspect of prayers, no curse or swear, can stand in his destiny, jabez in the bible was curse unknowingly by his mother but when he cried out to God his destiny was change,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Second Coming Of Jesus Still Most Likely Between 2030-2040 AD - Don Koenig / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / Is Abortion Right In This Instance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.