Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert (21349 Views)

Hilarious Letter To Sun Over Heat / The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD / Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 26, 2014
[img]http://2.bp..com/-3jmWtkR9JSs/U_u3Mrdr8rI/AAAAAAADZ6g/S5W_GqPj2PE/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

The Punch newspaper has threatened to sue Vanguard newspaper, the SUN and Thisday over a fake advertorial published on different days by the newspapers.
Punch has given the newspapers 5 days to tender a public apology and publish it prominently in their respective newspapers or face litigation.
Here's the genesis of the problem: A faceless group known as 'Agents for Collective Transparency", an anti-Jonathan group, photoshopped the cover pages of Punch newspapers and put copies of the pictures in advert form and gave Thisday, Sun & Vanguard to publish as advert, which the papers did.
Punch now says it has affected their integrity which is politically neutral. Also, the photoshopped headlines targeted against GEJ were never published in the real Punch newspaper, they were all fake stories. The affected newspapers are yet to react.

SOURCE: L.I.B

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Gbade60: 7:52am On Aug 26, 2014
Punch, pls face your work, cus u are all d same.. Wao FTC wit dis my small fone!! I give all d glory to God...signs of goodluck sha

8 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by scribble: 7:57am On Aug 26, 2014
everybody knows punch is pro APC

19 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by vedd: 8:02am On Aug 26, 2014
scribble: everybody knows punch is pro APC
Journalism for politics and the highest bidder.

16 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by fiverrwin(f): 8:08am On Aug 26, 2014
Na wao
Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Onlinebizexpert(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2014
Rubbish punch ko porsche ni
Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Fashola4thSon: 8:19am On Aug 26, 2014
........As if its wasn't their real ambition??

Punch AKA King of Anti GEJ

12 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2014
A faceless
group known as 'Agents for Collective
Transparency", an anti-Jonathan group
What happened to their anti-jonathan campaign that was being aired on TVC? I guess it has being banned by super powers in Aso Rock.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by MizMyColi(f): 8:33am On Aug 26, 2014
angryHow won't Vanguard be the first on the list. I'm not surprised.

Pursuing Non-Investigative Journalism Since 43A.D
undecided

21 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by amanda2013(f): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2014
interesting

1 Like

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by thunderrider: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2014
undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by PointB: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2014
If Punch is politically neutral, then I am the owner of Facebook, and Tinubu is a Catholic Priest! cheesy

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 26, 2014
What are they waiting for? Let the suing begin...

BIRDS OF A FEATHER.

4 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by tandj: 9:10am On Aug 26, 2014

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by dridowu: 11:24am On Aug 26, 2014
I will love this.
Let them meet at the law court

1 Like

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by MisterLongman(m): 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2014
Confusion everywhere because of 2015

1 Like

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
Sue them please especially sun.

1 Like

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by ayusco85(m): 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
2015 election begining to stink. dirty politics and desperate measures will be the order of the day from now to feb next year. only God knows who will be president nxt yr
Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Beesluv: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good
Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by BRAVO0(m): 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
National comic exclusive , pls stay tune cool

Nollywood will sell plenty after this nonsense administration

Pls pm me for another exclusive one title ; aso rock of ages grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by QMark: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2014
chimoz: Sue them please especially sun.

grin grin grin I hate that publication with passion.

5 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Lagrage(f): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
Sun newspaper to do follow follow...pls y'all should settle out of court ..no need to sue

1 Like

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Canme4u(m): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hhmmmm
Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by iceberylin(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
why them dh treathen
sue those Ba5tards especially SUN
Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
sue them especially that shitty vanguard angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Lilimax(f): 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Na wao!
These houses are divided against themselves undecided
Can they stand? NO!

I'm just following the event... smiley

1 Like

Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by Babyboy1986(m): 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ok ooo. Part1, I dey wait for part2.
Re: Punch Threatens To Sue Vanguard, Thisday & The Sun Over Fake Advert by AKMoney1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Sorry I don't know what to say cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Filling Station In Edo On Fire (Photos, Video) / Dead Mermaid Spotted At A Popular Beach In Benin Republic [pix] / 21 Lessons I Learned In 21 Years Of Living (birthday Post)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.