Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Ebola: Oh My God!! See What The Nigerian Customs Intercepts And Destroys - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ebola: Oh My God!! See What The Nigerian Customs Intercepts And Destroys (2435 Views)

Nigerian Customs Destroy N11.5m Worth Of Frozen Products In Edo (photos) / Oh My! See The Cockroach Cake Someone Got For Her Party / Task Force Intercepts Expired Seasoning In Ogun State (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Oh My God!! See What The Nigerian Customs Intercepts And Destroys by olawalehenry(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2014
Truck-load of bush meat suspected to be monkey
meat smuggled into the country by a yet to be
identified smuggler, yesterday, was destroyed by
operatives of Kaduna and Katsina command of the
Nigerian Custom Service.
According to Customs Comptroller of Federal
Operations Unit (FOU, Zone B), Maina Tijjani
Suleiman, the truck was intercepted Thursday
morning at the Katsina border…
Suleiman also said the truck contained 351 bags of
bush meat and that each of the bags weighed 100Kg,
stressing that the seized meat may have come from
Libya.
He explained that the seizure was necessary in view
of the current challenge of the dreaded Ebola
disease, noting that had the meat made its way to
Nigerian markets, “only God will tell the extent of
damage it may cause.”
He warned importers of similar products to desist
from doing such or face the full wrath of the law,
assuring that the customs would not shirk from its
responsibility of supporting the ongoing fight against
Ebola.
“The driver abandoned the vehicle and ran away after
he was chased by our men. But then, some
hoodlums attempted to attack our men and it took
the reinforcement of operatives before the truck was
retrieved.”

2 Shares

Re: Ebola: Oh My God!! See What The Nigerian Customs Intercepts And Destroys by fiverrwin(f): 10:06am On Aug 26, 2014
What?
Re: Ebola: Oh My God!! See What The Nigerian Customs Intercepts And Destroys by Urine: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
OMG! The smugglers shouldn't go unpunished.
Re: Ebola: Oh My God!! See What The Nigerian Customs Intercepts And Destroys by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Someone's hard earned money cry
I believe the smugglers did not settle the corrupt custom officials.
I wonder when custom became interested in what happens to Nigerians and not their private pockets

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Oh My God!! See What The Nigerian Customs Intercepts And Destroys by armyofone(m): 6:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Depleting Natural Resources undecided

Yet UI zoo don't have enough monkeys undecided

Curious George saves the "African monkeys" undecided
Re: Ebola: Oh My God!! See What The Nigerian Customs Intercepts And Destroys by rhemal: 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
may God continue to people us from evil human beings.

(1) (Reply)

Carrots As A Substitute For Tomatoes / Pix: This Is The African Star Apple, What Do You Call It In Your Dialect? / The Science Of Manuka Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.