Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad (1473 Views)

Mexican Man With Biggest "Dick" Says Women Are Afraid To Sleep With Him / Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? / Afraid To Be Intimate With My Pregnant Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by 5minsmadness: 11:25am On Aug 26, 2014
Call me all the names you want, Nairaland don turn me to office tatafo cry cry grin grin

One of my colleagues recently got promoted after doing a very good job of meeting all his targets this year and has been given a prestigious position to work as manager in our UK branch. Now there's no need saying how much he is going to gain from this in terms of finances and new opportunities. We were all happy for him, small jelousy enter small I no go lie grin

The strange thing now is, he has refused to sign the acceptance letter and is opting for a higher position or even a similar post as long as its in the country(Nigeria).
His reason is that he:s worried about his kids. He has two sons and a daughter, the eldest is 7, the youngest 2yrs. He says his wife beats them 'mercilessly'. He was brought up in a home where corporal punishment was with words and yes there was the occasional caning but not so much. However he is complaining that his wife even uses her bare hands to beat the kids on their back, bumbum, pulls their ears and gives them heavy knocks on their head. He said the last one was when the eldest was given assignment from the summer vacation school and he didn't even know what happened the next thing he heard screaming and on coming in saw the boy crying and the wife pushing him into the guest room to lock him in for 'some time.' He confronted her and she said yes she beat him and wanted to lock him up cos he was being stubborn. The man had to bring the boy out despite heavy protests from the mother and do the assignment with the boy and he said the boy did it well that all it required was a little patience.

He says his wife feels he is spoiling the kids, that that was how she was trained when she was little. He disagrees that all she needs is to be patient that even if she must discipline the highest she can use is cane and not her bare hands.

Because of this he feels he will be 'abandoning his kids to a terrorist'(his words) and his conscience can't let him do so.

But this opportunity is once in a lifetime and will open doors one can only dream of, so some of us are encouraging him to go but be calling often and besides his family can come and join him in a year or two. Others think he should stay and take the higher Nigerian post since the salary is almost the same.

What do you guys think?
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by orbis(m): 11:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Well, tell him to give you the chance since he aint interested. Am sure you would have been the one if only you had stopped eying that babe across your office.... wink wink wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by pickabeau1: 11:48am On Aug 26, 2014
is there any issue with travelling with his family

How is the relationship with the inlaws.. his or her mom
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by Godmystrength: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
He needs to get this sorted out with his wife. My problem is not even with the traveling after all his wife has been doing a lot even with him in the country. But he should know that he can't be with the children 24/7..

[size=5pt]well, since he is not use to all the wife's kind of upbringing, even the smallest bum smack can be exaggerated sha. But which one is even better:bare hands or cane??[/size]
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by rolled: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
This ur so called company doesn't know that he is married
The family can't relocate with him?
Na wa for this kind promotion
5minsmadness: Call me all the names you want, Nairaland don turn me to office tatafo cry cry grin grin

One of my colleagues recently got promoted after doing a very good job of meeting all his targets this year and has been given a prestigious position to work as manager in our UK branch. Now there's no need saying how much he is going to gain from this in terms of finances and new opportunities. We were all happy for him, small jelousy enter small I no go lie grin

The strange thing now is, he has refused to sign the acceptance letter and is opting for a higher position or even a similar post as long as its in the country(Nigeria).
His reason is that he:s worried about his kids. He has two sons and a daughter, the eldest is 7, the youngest 2yrs. He says his wife beats them 'mercilessly'. He was brought up in a home where corporal punishment was with words and yes there was the occasional caning but not so much. However he is complaining that his wife even uses her bare hands to beat the kids on their back, bumbum, pulls their ears and gives them heavy knocks on their head. He said the last one was when the eldest was given assignment from the summer vacation school and he didn't even know what happened the next thing he heard screaming and on coming in saw the boy crying and the wife pushing him into the guest room to lock him in for 'some time.' He confronted her and she said yes she beat him and wanted to lock him up cos he was being stubborn. The man had to bring the boy out despite heavy protests from the mother and do the assignment with the boy and he said the boy did it well that all it required was a little patience.

He says his wife feels he is spoiling the kids, that that was how she was trained when she was little. He disagrees that all she needs is to be patient that even if she must discipline the highest she can use is cane and not her bare hands.

Because of this he feels he will be 'abandoning his kids to a terrorist'(his words) and his conscience can't let him do so.

But this opportunity is once in a lifetime and will open doors one can only dream of, so some of us are encouraging him to go but be calling often and besides his family can come and join him in a year or two. Others think he should stay and take the higher Nigerian post since the salary is almost the same.

What do you guys think?
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by 5minsmadness: 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
orbis: Well, tell him to give you the chance since he aint interested. Am sure you would have been the one if only you had stopped eying that babe across your office.... wink wink wink wink wink
D position is not transferable cry cry cry
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by 5minsmadness: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
pickabeau1: is there any issue with travelling with his family

How is the relationship with the inlaws.. his or her mom
He can't travel with them just yet. No provision for it. They are entitled to one month vacation with him over there travel expense paid by the company and that's it.
No problems with in laws as far as I know. Why asking?
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by 2CatWoman: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
He should be careful that the 2-yearold doesn't become estranged from him?
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by pickabeau1: 12:54pm On Aug 26, 2014
5minsmadness:
He can't travel with them just yet. No provision for it. They are entitled to one month vacation with him over there travel expense paid by the company and that's it.
No problems with in laws as far as I know. Why asking?

Normally,,, this is expected.. he will be housed for a period of time and then move to a place of his own
Other have gone and come back
Let him talk to them.. let them move with him

I was expecting objections such as her career etc.. if this is so.. let her rtake a study leave and move

if they cant move to uk for any reason,, the mIL or mum can move to the house
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by egopersonified(f): 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
He should tell his wife the reason he is about to reject the offer, so she knows she is compromising the safety of her kids and her husband's job. But I think the beatings would reduce when he isnt around as she might be dishing it out to level up the husband spoiling them. But most importantly, she gats to stop that rubbish.
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by davidif: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
Shouldn't this guys have discussed how they were going to raise there kids when they were courting? This are things you talk about before you get married.
I guess these things are not important to most Nigerians based on what i read here, all they are concerned about is just getting married asap.
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
So he is going to have to give up a choice position that the woman too will enjoy just becasuse she cant control herself.

Let him tell his wife the reason why he is not taking the position . . .which is that he cant trust her not to beat his kids to death. Maybe that will make her review her methods of discipline.

Let me just go before I start another topic on kids and discipline, but one thing I have seen time and time again is that naughtiest kids I have seen are the ones their parents beat the most.

Send your collegue the link to the news story where one woman was sent to jail for 11 years a few days ago for beating her 2 year old to death sad
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
He should pick up the offer and I am sure the company will make provision for his family as well.
One more thing, you guys should let him know the kids are no slaves and their mum should understand that you turned out good and she was proud to marry you despite not been treated with corporal punishment.
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by soulglo: 1:12am On Aug 27, 2014
egopersonified: He should tell his wife the reason he is about to reject the offer, so she knows she is compromising the safety of her kids and her husband's job. But I think the beatings would reduce when he isnt around as she might be dishing it out to level up the husband spoiling them. But most importantly, she gats to stop that rubbish.

It won't change anything. I know someone like that woman. Stubborn as a mule. Totally incapable of learning. She'll finally learn in her 60s when her daughters would rather have their MIL with them for omugor
Re: He Is Afraid To Travel Abroad by 5minsmadness: 11:49am On Oct 14, 2014
Trishiaprinkle pls send message directly to my email nkpablo@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Memories With The Dial Up Phone. / Regular Sex Can Make You Look 7 Years Younger, Scientist Says / The Kids Av Been Found... Thank God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.