Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC (24309 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi / Tinubu Replies Tom Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
The crisis rocking APC since its national convention in June this year  that brought John Oyegun as national chairman worsened  as one of the national chairmanship aspirants, Chief Tom Ikimi,  has announced his withdrawal from APC.

In a statement obtained by THISDAY, Ikimi said, "I have made the decision to withdraw my membership from the All Progressives Congress (APC) from today,  27th August 2014".
Details later

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/breaking-news-ikimi-quits-apc/187389/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good Riddance To A Bad Rubbish! PDP is gradually becoming a dumping ground for failed politicians angry

APC

Sai Buhari!

Let's Rid Nigeria of Corruption!

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by ratiken(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Why?

As much I am in full support of GEJ till 2019, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the opposition post 2015.

We cannot afford to go back to a one-party system. APC needs to hold forth at least for the sake of Nigeria and not their pockets. They should quit propaganda and build a strong structure towards 2019. They stand a good chance after 2019 and they have 4.5 years to prove they are the change. They should put the self acclaimed kingmakers within them in check to build a robust non-janjaweedian system.

We need APC to keep PDP in check without the negative politicking and propaganda. They should not allow their personal greed override their national essence.

This is coming from a core Pro-GEJ and a Nigerian dream believer.

122 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by ElFenomeno1: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
1United1: Good Riddance A To Bad Rubbish! PDP is gradually becoming a dumping ground for failed politicians angry

APC

Sai Buhari!

Has it been confirmed that he is defecting to PDP?

8 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
grin well, he merely resigned. A defection to the 'umbrella' party would have increased my comment at length.

1 Like

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Iluvberem: 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
Apc is a sinking ship

Sinking faster than titanic

While
With the heart of grieve their trolls are posting their failure on nairaland

34 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Goddex: 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
[size=16pt]No well-meaning Nigerian should remain in the APC.

You made the best decision uncle Ikimi. Like Ribadu and many others, I hope to see you join hands with President Jonathan to move the country forward.

[/size]

54 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
ratiken: Why?

"Tactical Manoeuvering" grin grin grin

The same way 480 solders ran to Cameroun for tactical manoeuvering tongue

13 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by kernel504(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
I think leadership is not a thing of strength, but wisdom.
Tukur's tenure gave all the advantage to APC, the new PDP chairman is such a smooth operator.
Imagine Ikimi opting for PDP, l guess it spells out doom for APC.

26 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Has it been confirmed that he is defecting to PDP?

Not yet but he is on a tactical manoeuvering!

4 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
Iluvberem: Apc is a sinking ship

Sinking faster than titanic

While
With the heart of grieve their trolls are posting their failure on nairaland

Dey console yourself! This is a rejected objects! Mumu!

4 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by nathx(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
lies!!! today's date is 26th

5 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
kernel504: I think leadership is not a thing of strength, but wisdom.
Tukur's tenure gave all the advantage to APC, the new PDP chairman is such a smooth operator.
Imagine Ikimi opting for PDP, l guess it spells out doom for APC.

Please who is Ikimi in the scheme of things? Can he deliver his ward when it matters? Wait till PDP conducts their State/Federal primaries before jumping in mr man

10 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Reptyle(m): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tom Ikimi like Fani Kayode, Ojo Maduekwe and Jerry Gana are very unstable politicians. Their only motivation is power by all means...so no surprise here.

13 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
I thought this man left immediately after the convention shocked
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Iluvberem:

Soon buhari will be a rejected object

Wake up APC is going down and 2015 will be their final burial

BTW

Otu nne gi

Ewu gambia

Opiaotu Nne ya, don't derail this thread, or I will remind Seun, Mynd44, Obynoscopy, you are the same BloodyKiller,Opiaoku,Bloodyassasin,the assassin, Mrjanjawid, prvparts etc

6 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by kernel504(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
1United1:

Please who is Ikimi in the scheme of things? Can he deliver his ward when it matters? Wait till PDP conducts their State/Federal primaries before jumping in mr man

Am not a partisan person, but an irrelevant person can't be going for the post of national chairman of APC. He is a super weight politician, please, google "Ikimi birthday", you will see all Nigerian elite gathered to celebrate him.

7 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
kernel504:

Am not a partisan person, but an irrelevant person can't be going for the post of national chairman of APC. He is a super weight politician, please, google for Ikimi birthday, you will see all Nigerian elite gathered to celebrate him.

That does not make him a political juggernaut. Who are his die hard followers in local politics? Sorry Methinks na only him waka go!

2 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
1United1: Good Riddance A To Bad Rubbish! PDP is gradually becoming a dumping ground for failed politicians angry

APC

Sai Buhari!

He's a frustrated and overrated politician with very very near insignificant political value. APC was only tolerating him. We are glad to have him leave!!!!!

APC

8 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Abbey2sam(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
M
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by QMark: 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
As if i care if he relocates to Pluto.

1United1: Ikimi said, "I have made the decision to withdraw my membership from the All Progressives Congress (APC) from today,  27th August 2014".

Nigerian politicians don't miss every opportunity to lie to us. That's why I don't use calenders printed and distributed by politicians. You go miss appointments tire. grin

1 Like

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by hotmolo(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
D apc ship has obviously sinked half way... More to come

5 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by iceberylin(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
how will it help Develop Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Kelvin0(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
APC is a failed experiment! quote me any day...

11 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Bazinga(m): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
1United1: The crisis rocking APC since its national convention in June this year  that brought John Oyegun as national chairman worsened  as one of the national chairmanship aspirants, Chief Tom Ikimi,  has announced his withdrawal from APC.
In a statement obtained by THISDAY, Ikimi said, "I have made the decision to withdraw my membership from the All Progressives Congress (APC) from today,  27th August 2014".
Details later
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/breaking-news-ikimi-quits-apc/187389/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

is today 27th of august?

1 Like

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by 1United1: 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
ratiken: Why?

As much I am in full support of GEJ till 2019, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the opposition post 2015.

We cannot afford to go back to a one-party system. APC needs to hold forth at least for the sake of Nigeria and not their pockets. They should quit propaganda and build a strong structure towards 2019. They stand a good chance after 2019 and they have 4.5 years to prove they are the change. They should put the self acclaimed kingmakers within them in check to build a robust non-janjaweedian system.

We need APC to keep PDP in check without the negative politicking and propaganda. They should not allow their personal greed override their national essence.

This is coming from a core Pro-GEJ and a Nigerian dream believer.

Shut up! Wait for the PDP primaries first

3 Likes

Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by disloman(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Nt surprised
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by johnwizey: 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Tom Ikimi Resigns From APC by Lagrage(f): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
sad I really liked APC...they are such a mess these days

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Members In Biu LG, Borno Hold Rally For Tinubu, Shettima / Tinubu: I Will Convert Yahoo Boys To Tech Experts / Offa Robbery: AGF Malami clears Saraki, says police lack evidence against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.