Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Meet President Obama’s Brother Who Lives In A Slum & Drinks Battery Acid - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet President Obama’s Brother Who Lives In A Slum & Drinks Battery Acid (1260 Views)

Meet President Jonathan's Look Alike. Smashing Resemblance / Obama Brother Lost By 99% Vote In Kenyan Election / Meet Barrack Obama's Step Brother Who Lives In A Slum In Nairobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet President Obama’s Brother Who Lives In A Slum & Drinks Battery Acid by taurus21: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
As a tall, strangely familiar figure leaves his one-room shack in a notorious African slum this week, a few people jokingly call out to him:‘Mister President! Mister President!’ Heading for breakfast through his junk-strewn yard, stepping over streams of sewage, the appearance of this slim, angular man prompts giggles
and pointing from children in rags playing in the muck. The man’s name is George Hussein Obama and his half-brother is President Barack Hussein Obama, Kenya’s most famous son, the first black President of the U.S. and the most powerful man in the world. The two men may share the same father, but while Barack Obama was born in Hawaii to his father’s American second wife, George — born in Kenya was the product of Obama Senior’s fourth marriage. Today, while Barack entertains at the White House, flies aboard Air Force One and is a friend of film stars and royalty, George, 30, is to be found slumped in his corrugated iron shack which even fellow slum-dwellers regard as a hovel. Details of his unorthodox lifestyle emerged with news that he has agreed to appear in a documentary film being made by one of Barack Obama’s most trenchant critics.Called '2016', and directed by the production team behind Schindler’s List, the film sets out the supposed horrors of another four years of Obama in office though George does not criticise the President on screen. It is the idea of U.S. author Dinesh D’Souza,whose book The Roots Of Obama’s Rage paints a deeply unflattering portrait of the ‘narcissistic’ President. George has also written a memoir, called 'Homeland'. Published in 2012, it details how he turned his back on a middle-class Kenyan upbringing to live among the desperately poor in Nairobi’s infamous slums. The book’s precis tell us:‘George chooses to live in the Nairobi ghetto, where he works to help the ghetto-dwellers, and especially the slum kids, overcome the challenges surrounding their lives. And the book quotes George thus:‘My brother has risen to be the leader of the most powerful country in the world. Here in Kenya, my aim is to be a leader among the poorest people on Earth: those who live in the slums.’ In what sounds like the script for a Hollywood film, he claims to have been the driving force behind the transformation of a slum football team into one of the top sides in Kenya, known as ‘Obama’s champs’. Such, apparently, is his devotion to good works that many Kenyans want George to stand for President, believing anyone sharing the name and blood of the most powerful politician on the planet can transform their lives. As for the President, he mentions George in his autobiography Dreams From My Father, saying he is a ‘beautiful boy’, but admits that when they met as adults in Kenya‘it was like meeting a complete stranger’.
George says, apparently without a shred of self-awareness, that he is under pressure to follow his older brother’s footsteps into politics.‘I have got a lot of people telling me to stand as a member of parliament. But I’m not interested in politics.’ Then he pauses, and adds:‘But if Barack was President, and I was president of Kenya it would be easier to meet.’ He says it is only his poverty that prevents the two of them having a closer relationship.
‘He’s got responsibilities. He’s not supposed to take care of me,’he says.‘I’m an adult. Everyone thinks he sends me cash. But I’m not a beggar.’But asked if he’d take cash if Obama offered it, George smiled and said:‘Seriously! Yes! Who wouldn’t?’
Though he is consumed with self-pity about his plight, he is, officially, the co-ordinator ofHuruma Football Club, a township team made up of orphans, former prisoners and reformed drug addicts.
Source:DailyMail Online

Re: Meet President Obama’s Brother Who Lives In A Slum & Drinks Battery Acid by Hohaiiiode(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
He sounds great
Re: Meet President Obama’s Brother Who Lives In A Slum & Drinks Battery Acid by Genea(f): 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Their father was a very good striker scoring goaks in open nets ,sah I wish him luck in watever he wishes to do

(1) (Reply)

15 Things Typical Nigerians Do / JULONG Cutter Suction Dredger Dredging In Nigeria / 100% Dry Vapour Steam Wash Now In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.