Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) (5077 Views)

Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. / Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Asisat Oshoala Scores A Goal For Liverpool On Her Debut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by Ridwan123(m): 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Golden Ball and Golden Boot winner Asisat Oshoala has expressed regrets at her failure to win the trophy for Nigeria following a 1-0 loss to Germany in the 2014 Fifa U20 Women's World Cup finals on Sunday.

The Falconets' midfielder, who was picked as the Best Player of the tournament and emerged the highest goal scorer with seven goals, said she is unhappy despite her remarkable personal achievement in Canada.

The Rivers Angels of Port Harcourt forward said her side was not destined to win the final after their
impressive display against the organised Germans.

"Everybody played their hearts out, our performance was great, I am very impressed. There was cohesion among us but we played [against] one of the best teams, missed our chances to score. It wasn't our day," Oshoala told Goal.

"I made a promise to do well and show myself to the world. I achieved that and I want to thank my mates for helping me fulfil my dreams, but missing out on the trophy is not what I wanted for my country," she concluded.

www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2014/08/26/5060012/asisat-oshoala-regrets-trophy-loss-despite-personal-awards

Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by ezeonline2(m): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
Thumbs up girl,we are proud of u

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by Ridwan123(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Her performance was great
Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
winning the trophy is the main thing
Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by ccollins(m): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
Is the moderator a family friend to courthney dike. Why has this topic not been moved to front page

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by Omero(m): 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
ccollins: Is the moderator a family friend to courthney dike. Why has this topic not been moved to front page
dat face is sad enough. am also sad but there is always another day. Baba God take control.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by dwag: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
It was really painfull!!! ...............
Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by lexyman(m): 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
She deserve to lift the trophy , it was quite unfortunate they lose to the lucky German side ....
Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by ccollins(m): 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
Omero: dat face is sad enough. am also sad but there is always another day. Baba God take control.
really feel for her. Seems she is a moslem and entered national team just after her secondary school. she is too talented too much. Better than all her team mates and very talented striker. I just feel for her because she gave her all
Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by Ridwan123(m): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
This topic deserves front page mods...
Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by Omero(m): 8:06am On Aug 27, 2014
ccollins: really feel for her. Seems she is a moslem and entered national team just after her secondary school. she is too talented too much. Better than all her team mates and very talented striker. I just feel for her because she gave her all
Yes u are so on point, she just look so dissppointed wit herself even wit all her exploits, she feels she didnt do enough, dats d heart of a TRUE patriot.
Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
You really tried asisat and infact u fyn pass courtney

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala Regrets Trophy Loss Despite Personal Awards (pictures) by Ridwan123(m): 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
ccollins: Is the moderator a family friend to courthney dike. Why has this topic not been moved to front page
bros I tire ooo, after all the time I wasted posting these pictures and even this topic below

www.nairaland.com/1868893/super-falconets-midfielder-asisat-oshoala

(1) (Reply)

IPL 2017 Match Prediction Today Match Astrology Bhavishyavani Who Will Win / 3+ Odds Lets Win Together. / Photo: Sami Khedira and his girlfriend Lena Johanna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.