Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Congo's Match Relocation Request From Nigeria: Between The Kettle And The Pot - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Congo's Match Relocation Request From Nigeria: Between The Kettle And The Pot (668 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congo's Match Relocation Request From Nigeria: Between The Kettle And The Pot by zuzuonyi: 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
DR Congo have submitted a letter to the Confederation of African Football requesting for the relocation of their Group A opener of the Africa Cup of Nations Morocco 2015 qualifiers against Nigeria, scheduled on September 6 in Calabar.

The ‘Diables Rouges’ are concerned with the recent Ebola outbreak in Africa’s most populated country.

“I think that would be difficult and risky to play in this area. As a matter of fact, neighbouring Cameroon have closed their borders,” Congo coach Claude Leroy explained. angry

That news was as of Monday, 25th August 2014

Meanwhile, the latest news is that the Democratic Republic of the Congo itself appears to be battling the virus.

The DRC health minister, Dr. Felix Kabange Numbi, says two people have just died from Ebola during a deadly hemorrhagic fever outbreak in a remote, northwestern region of the country. According to reports, there were 13 deaths in total. cry

Now, how do you think CAF and DR Congo (especially their national team coach, Claude Leroy and their football federation) should react to this latest development? grin tongue
Re: Congo's Match Relocation Request From Nigeria: Between The Kettle And The Pot by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
The English man did not say " look before you leep" for nothing.
Re: Congo's Match Relocation Request From Nigeria: Between The Kettle And The Pot by robosky02(m): 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
cattle rearer de vex y you de sell meat.
who bring the meat from ugu awusa
nonsense
Re: Congo's Match Relocation Request From Nigeria: Between The Kettle And The Pot by Syenite(m): 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Excuse me, what is the source of this news? Nigeria is playing PR Congo aka Congo Brazaville and not DR Congo.
Last time I checked Claude Leroy was coach of DR Congo. Does he now coach PR Congo?

(1) (Reply)

Bafana Bafana Goalkeeper Shot Dead. / Download Arsenal 3-3 Anderlecht [UCL Highlights] / Courtney Dike: “why I Rejected The $7,000 Payment From NFF”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.