Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister (32483 Views)

BREAKING: Nigeria Records New Ebola Cases / The Things Ebola Has/would Cause.*with PHOTOS * / See What Ebola Has Caused In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by ochejoseph(m): 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
surveillance have completed the 21 day observation incubation period and only one person was found to be symptomatic and is still being observed, he added.
More details to come…

See Tips on How to Avoid Contracting Ebola
http://tsuntsumediaservices..co.uk/2014/07/tips-on-how-to-stay-protected-from.html?m=1

BREAKING: Nigeria successfully blocks Ebola, has one case left- Minister https:///p2LdGt-Hw
Nigeria has successfully reduced the number of Ebola cases in the country to one, the Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, has said.

As of Tuesday, only one Ebola patient remained in isolation in Nigeria, down from the 13 cases the country confirmed since the outbreak of the virus in July, Mr. Chukwu said at a press conference.

The deadly virus was first brought to Nigeria 38 days ago by a Liberian-American man, Patrick Sawyer. Mr. Sawyer later died, but after health workers who treated him had contracted the virus.
Mr. Chukwu said so far Nigeria has had 13 cases including the index case. Five of those infected died, while seven have successfully recovered and were discharged.

Two of the nurses who managed Mr. Sawyer were discharged Monday at the isolation centre in Lago, Mr. Chukwu said.

He said Nigeria has been able to curtail Ebola in the country.

All the 129 people who were under surveillance have completed the 21day observation incubation period and only one person was found to be symptomatic and is still being observed, he added.

More details to come…
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/featured-news/167316-breaking-nigeria-successfully-blocks-ebola-has-one-case-left-minister.html

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by deeobserver209(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
If true this is great news smiley

27 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Blockus: 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
grin

And we did it without a Single Doctor.. grin

FHUCK the NMA, Nigerian Doctors and their Sponsors THE APC.. angry

GEJ till the Nigerian Flag changes to Yellow White Yellow..

#NIGERIANS.. We dont Die, We multiply. angry

248 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by DesChyko: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hmm.. Let me take this one with three pinches of salt

14 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by anag090: 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
Blockus: grin

FHUCK THE NMA, NIgerian Doctors and their Sponsors THE APC.. angry

GEJ till Nigerian Flag changes to Yellow White Yellow.. angry
[/b]

delusional ...... anyways common sense is a scare commodity in the family tree of the mad cows.

136 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by bigtt76(f): 5:03pm On Aug 26, 2014
See me dancing Etighi ......runs off to Obalende University of Suya grin ...Oya Suya Vice Chancellor release 5k torso delight joooooooor <dancing Etighi> ....no monkey or bat business here tongue

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by farano(f): 5:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
I'm so glad

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Dreal1247: 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
And some people in trying to take preventive measures cut short their lives through excessive use of salt. Fear of ebola kills more than ebola itself.

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Soji123(m): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
I hope it's true

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Gooci(m): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
nnameee, dat salt almost killed me... i culdnt still bliv i fell for dat trash undecided Even kola, i no chop am. how i com fell for dat salt trash, only God knos

22 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Blockus: 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
bigtt76: See me dancing Etighi ......runs off to Obalende University of Suya grin ...Oya Suya Vice Chancellor release 5k torso delight joooooooor <dancing Etighi> ....no monkey or bat business here tongue

Abeg add 2'k own join for me.. Nothing do you.

Up! Up! Jona!!

Down! Down!! Ebola..
grin

36 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by meforyou1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
This is good news. Next should be strict border control. For national interest, our border security officials should for once detest bribery and corruption and live up to their responsibilities

21 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by vedd: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
We were told that Adadevoh has been discharged with a clean bill of health before we lost her.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Meaning we should start eating bush meat again? Thank God o!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by ochejoseph(m): 5:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: Meaning we should start eating bush meat again? Thank God o!

Berem pls Hold fire !!!,I know you love wheat meal and draw soup + bush meat but Politics section is not ready to lose you yet

19 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by floma07(m): 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
farano: I'm so glad
Me too

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by eaglechild: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2014

You are incredibly stewpid.

Dr adadevoh that gave her life is a robot right?

Do you know that two doctors were also among those that recovered?

Do you also know that the bulk of the medical personnel that volunteered for training in Ebola patient management were resident doctors?

And you also forgot that First consultant is a private hospital run by the same doctors you deride.

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by desgiezd(m): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2014

Seems you have forgotten, so soon, that in spite of the strike action, some doctors volunteered to offer their services.

By the way, can we just continue to live our lives and do away with our doctors?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Idrismusty97(m): 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
Successfully? undecided This is what premium times have to say.
Nigeria has successfully reduced the number of Ebola cases in the country to one, the Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, has said.
As of Tuesday, only one Ebola patient remained in isolation in Nigeria, down from the 13 cases the country confirmed since the outbreak of the virus in July, Mr. Chukwu said at a press conference.

https://m.premiumtimesng.com/featured-news/167316-breaking-nigeria-successfully-blocks-ebola-has-one-case-left-minister.html
Have we even closed our borders? Or at lest imposed strict border control? Reporting at this early stage of a so called victory against ebola is a primitive thinking. This may come back to haunt those who publicly declared victory. Remeber the "We have rescue all the kidnapped girls" moment.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by jideomowunmi(f): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2014

I used to think I am d only one d doctors are annoying ooo...as in...my respect for dem has practically dropped to 1%.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by EMANY01(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
anag090:

delusional ...... anyways common sense is a scare commodity in the family tree of the mad cows.
For sure there were nurses , laboratory attendants and others in the health care ecosystem.The doctors were not/are not the only individuals involved.
That's the point the poster to whom you were responding to was making

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
ochejoseph:

Berem pls Hold fire !!!,I know you love wheat meal and draw soup + bush meat but Politics section is not ready to lose you yet
Lolz! grin grin
Good evening sir! smiley

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by iconize(m): 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Idrismusty97: Successfully? undecided

How many deaths has Nigeria recorded so far?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by anag090: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
desgiezd:

Seems you have forgotten, so soon, that in spite of the strike action, some doctors volunteered to offer their services.

By the way, can we just continue to live our lives and do away with our doctors?

that what you get when dope-fiends and alcoholics produce kids with alcoholic foetal disorder.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hope they know there are still some secondary, tertiary and quartenary contacts of the primary cases that weren't quarantined?

Not to sound like an alarmist though, doctors should still maintain their universal precaution protocol before we start hearing of stories that touch.

God is definitely a NIGERIAN !!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by anag090: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
EMANY01:
For sure there were nurses , laboratory attendants and others in the health care ecosystem.The doctors were not/are not the only individuals involved.
That's the point the poster to whom you were responding to was making

don't take the idi0t serious, he is suffering from the same syndrome afflicting pej... result of over ingestion of gej sëmen.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by FrankC3: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
eaglechild:

Dr adadevoh that grave her life is a robot right?

Do you also know that the bulk if medical personnel that volunteered for training in Ebila patient managementwere resident ssector?

You may be logically correct (the insult part aside) but NMA lost lots of credibility and public sympathy (emotional support) by insisting on the strike action. The perception of the masses is that the Government was able to manage EVD without the help of the doctors. That position is terribly uninformed, probably because NMA has made those same masses to believe that THEY ARE the doctors and without them, the National health system collapses.

14 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by PhockPhockMan: 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
vedd: We were told that Adadevoh has been discharged with a clean bill of healt before we lost her.
You no go shut up your mouth there?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by onihaxy: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
Good news
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Blockus: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
eaglechild:

Dr adadevoh that grave her life is a robot right?

Do you also know that the bulk if medical personnel that volunteered for training in Ebola patient management were resident doctors?

You saw my User i.d right?! grin

Dude... You needs to smoke some weed and chill the fhuck out. Life aint that serious. grin

10 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by PhockPhockMan: 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
berem: Meaning we should start eating bush meat again? Thank God o!
......... preferably bat and monkey.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
Owk waiting for an authentic source. Btw does that mean we should open our borders? Infact lets tighten it now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Photos Of Man Who Had Tumor On His Neck & Was Treated Abroad / Newly Married Final Year Student Dies During Child Birth / Timi Dakolo Raises Alarm Over Surge Of Black Soot In Port Harcourt (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.