Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister (32480 Views)

BREAKING: Nigeria Records New Ebola Cases / The Things Ebola Has/would Cause.*with PHOTOS * / See What Ebola Has Caused In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by EbuGeneral(m): 7:13am On Aug 27, 2014
since the EBOLA war is about to be ended, I think we should now channel the remaining fund to BH war
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by AzontoGhost(m): 7:21am On Aug 27, 2014
Keypha: I love this my country Nigeria, our doctor treat them without USA drug, shame to Ghana they too hide anything that happen in there country, ebola dey ghana but they are hiding it, that why there doctor tell m true to stop hiding ebola victims, 9ja too much.
I must say you are really obsessed with Ghana!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 27, 2014
milychocs:

There is a way out
Start saying you will live long and healthy...and happy
Start believing it

Let these thoughts be like a mantra
It will be like that

You attract what you think
Think life, not death

I am sorry if I sounded too preachy lipsrsealed
Cheers
thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by faithboi: 7:35am On Aug 27, 2014
jideomowunmi:

Yea right...! and dey go about striking at every opourtunity dey've gat..for wa..?I thought d aim of going to medical sch in d first place is to save lives..?I used to work in LUTH and stays at the staff quarters..and has lots of dem as my friend...I might not b a doctor buh I role wit dem..infact my ex is now a senior reg..so wa r u talking abt...there greediness and selfishness has gotten in d way..imagine an house officer earning 100k plus..and a senior reg earning close to 350k...and dey r not even a consultant yet..and dey go abt saying wa exactly..?going to strike saying a non medical personal cannot and will not be cmd.. nor cmac..dey go abt feeling dey are d head in all medical fields..not regarding d nurses nor d. pharmacists...talkless of d medical assistance...it's really so unfair and I think dey over did it dis time around no doubt...am sure da was why dey silently went ahead to call it off...on a norm, u will hear dem call meetings and all...buh dis time around, dey went underground...dis days we don't even know who strike pass...whether na dem abi ASUU....(inquote and inquote) I talk based on facts...i just don't blabb... sad sad sad
I'll answer ur comments serially... first of,u asked y they go on strike,they go on strike because they made demands for years now,and these demands haven't been met(for years)...they want the office of the surgeon general,is this difficult for the fg to create?...won't it benefit you and I if we don't have to fly our loved ones abroad for any surgery if our surgery departments improve?...amongst others,they also requested that they be paid risk allowance,imagine this doctors who lost their lives to ebola,that's what they anticipated when they requested that..the ministers and house members only sit in offices and earn millions,close to a billion for nothingg,wont it be beta if they make those who treat them happy?... ask urself y our doctors run abroad

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by GodZilla31: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2014
jideomowunmi:

And we did it without a Single Doctor.. grin

FHUCK the NMA, Nigerian Doctors and their Sponsors THE APC.. angry

I used to think I am d only one d doctors are annoying ooo...as in...my respect for dem has practically dropped to 1%.....

why are the doctors annoying you? Are you that idle? live your life and don't patronise them. babalawo is there for you. Ignorance at its peak.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by JuanDeDios: 8:08am On Aug 27, 2014
rickkid:
Actually yes, I did confirm. I had BBC World on and I checked every BBC News website. None carried it.
While I have not checked their website I heard it first on BBC Focus on Africa.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by GodZilla31: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2014
faithboi: I'll answer ur comments serially... first of,u asked y they go on strike,they go on strike because they made demands for years now,and these demands haven't been met(for years)...they want the office of the surgeon general,is this difficult for the fg to create?...won't it benefit you and I if we don't have to fly our loved ones abroad for any surgery if our surgery departments improve?...amongst others,they also requested that they be paid risk allowance,imagine this doctors who lost their lives to ebola,that's what they anticipated when they requested that..the ministers and house members only sit in offices and earn millions,close to a billion for nothingg,wont it be beta if they make those who treat them happy?... ask urself y our doctors run abroad

'Roll' not 'role'. You are getting worked up over your ex who is a senior registrar. Oga stop crying about doctors. concentrate on Boko Haram and bring back our girls campaign.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2014
Idrismusty97: Successfully? undecided This is what premium times have to say.
Have we even closed our borders? Or at lest imposed strict border control? Reporting at this early stage of a so called victory against ebola is a primitive thinking. This may come back to haunt those who publicly declared victory. Remeber the "We have rescue all the kidnapped girls" moment.
I don't wanna be a killjoy, but we need to realise that we can't afford to let down our guards and stop watching out for danger until we totally control our borders.

Just yesterday, a colleague was called from Sango Otta in Ogun state to come and check out the newly arrived maids from Cotonou. When she asked how they were able to enter despite the border control, the woman said it's a bushpath in a village and that they use okada riders to convey the immigrants to town and they 'settle' when necessary. Ofcourse she tried to educate them on why they should stop it for now, but it got me thinking:
* Do we really have border control?
* Are the villagers aware of the danger immigrants pose to our health system enough to alert the government so they can man those routes?
* Are the people in charge of our land borders ready to overlook the bribes for now and truly control movement?

We need to take stricter measures in keeping out all the illegal immigrants who have seen naija as a safe haven. I pray this good news will be permanent in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=MrsJoyAdeyemi][/quote]

Hello dear.....there is Friend who wants to meet you and be with you. His name is known to you already. All you have to do is call 080JUSTAPRAYERAWAY......and you will get more than you can get out of the relationship you seek.

Because, as many can say from experience, earthly things don't satisfy.

God bless.....now dial away.

In God's eyes, you are worth more than this. Are you going to beleive what God says about what you can become with His help?
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by sleekyjay(m): 8:37am On Aug 27, 2014
#NIGERIANS.. We dont Die, We multiply. angry
[/b][/quote]...

Neva touch down till we touch d sky!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by jideomowunmi(f): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2014
faithboi: I'll answer ur comments serially... first of,u asked y they go on strike,they go on strike because they made demands for years now,and these demands haven't been met(for years)...they want the office of the surgeon general,is this difficult for the fg to create?...won't it benefit you and I if we don't have to fly our loved ones abroad for any surgery if our surgery departments improve?...amongst others,they also requested that they be paid risk allowance,imagine this doctors who lost their lives to ebola,that's what they anticipated when they requested that..the ministers and house members only sit in offices and earn millions,close to a billion for nothingg,wont it be beta if they make those who treat them happy?... ask urself y our doctors run abroad

I get all ur point...buh yet...let's be real...is d strike needed...?dey of all pple shud kno by now dat norrin moves d govt..and doctors has been going on strike for ages now...dey need another means buh deff not by strike..cos it's to d detriment of d masses and not d govt in question my dear.... smiley
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by fajani(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2014
fact about Nigerian..... We lack political strategies but we fear to die. no one is excluded..
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Originalsly: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2014
Really?....,so why push back the reopening of schools to October?
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Tundeiab(m): 9:25am On Aug 27, 2014
vedd: We were told that Adadevoh has been discharged with a clean bill of health before we lost her.
you were misinformed by those hungry bloggers.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by fujirice: 9:54am On Aug 27, 2014
eaglechild:
You are incredibly stewpid.

Dr adadevoh that gave her life is a robot right?

Do you know that two doctors were also among those that recovered?

Do you also know that the bulk of the medical personnel that volunteered for training in Ebola patient management were resident doctors?

And you also forgot that First consultant is a private hospital run by the same doctors you deride.
Was it Dr. Adadevoh that was said to be discharged before her demise or another doctor entirely. I thought there were two different doctors in that scenario or am I mistaken? Somebody please clearify me.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 27, 2014
####:
Hello Guys…
I am a sugar mummy who does not like to talk too
much. I am looking for a handsome young man for a
fun but discreet relationship. Anyone interested
should call me ####

Na wow oooo. This woman don vex somebody well well. So you are posting some woman's name, number, and pictures on the internet and saying she needs a boy toy? E no go betta for you at all. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by PetroDolla3: 11:21am On Aug 27, 2014
Keypha: I love this my country Nigeria, our doctor treat them without USA drug, shame to Ghana they too hide anything that happen in there country, ebola dey ghana but they are hiding it, that why there doctor tell m true to stop hiding ebola victims, 9ja too much.
rubbish nonsense talk! how did Ghana hide anything? is ebola something to hide? you talk like a foooool. grow up, magg0t!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by chimerase2: 11:42am On Aug 27, 2014
ignis: Good news.....

Finish the remaining Zmapp drug on that one person. Give him overdose, even if he deletes, no wahala. ... so far he won't infect another person.
no fair u knw undecided
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
sexzskil:
For more jokes, send to 1666
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
u no well at all grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by iamord(m): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2014

What a daft. Person! Smh!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by selena(f): 3:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Ok so i dont want to spoil anyone's mood...But when they meant only one case of ebola is left,are they talking about the Doctor's sister?I thought i read somewhere that she too had contracted the disease.I am kind of lost here..
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Babaji111(m): 6:55am On Aug 28, 2014
Then why blocking school's gates till October?
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by EMANY01(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2014
cococandy: When will you get sense?
No offense.
Ebola a hoax?
Na wa sha. And you're proudly saying it all over the forum. So we should get careless about ebola because rabies exists?.

I blame you for paying that simpleton any attention.He is delusional I have said it so many times.
"Ebola is a hoax
Idi Amin was a hero of the Ugandan people
Abacha was the best leader Nigeria has ever had after Buhari of course"
If you are wise you will see a pattern and steer clear of him.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Leopantro: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Minister of health, professor
Onyebuchi Chukwu,
confirmed on Thursday that two
people in Port
Harcourt, Rivers State, have
contracted Ebola Virus
Disease (EVD).
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by graciousolo(m): 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nobleval: because I will. I know that sounds weird...but the truth is this:I have not less than 3 decades to live{30yrs}...don't ask further question bro. smiley sad
If you're even sure of 30yrs then use it well.dat can be alot of time.take care.
Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
graciousolo: If you're even sure of 30yrs then use it well.dat can be alot of time.take care.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Nigeria Successfully Blocks Ebola, Has One Case Left- minister by jpphilips(m): 4:18am On Sep 07, 2014
GenBuhari: Its not one case its zero cases.

I said all along that whole Ebola epidemic is a hoax

Rabies facts from W.H.O.

Fact Sheet N°99
Updated August 2014

Key facts

Rabies occurs in more than 150 countries and territories.
More than 60 000 people die of rabies every year mostly in Asia and Africa.
40% of people who are bitten by suspect rabid animals are children under 15 years of age.
Dogs are the source of the vast majority of human rabies deaths.
Wound cleansing and immunization within a few hours after contact with a suspect rabid animal can prevent the onset of rabies and death.
Every year, approximately 29 million people worldwide receive a post-exposure vaccination to prevent the disease at an estimated cost of US$2.1 billion.
Rabies is a zoonotic disease (a disease that is transmitted to humans from animals) that is caused by a virus. The disease affects domestic and wild animals, and is spread to people through close contact with infectious material, usually saliva, via bites or scratches.

Rabies is present on all continents with the exception of Antarctica, but more than 95% of human deaths occur in Asia and Africa. Once symptoms of the disease develop, rabies is nearly always fatal. Rabies is a neglected disease of poor and vulnerable populations whose deaths are rarely reported. It occurs mainly in remote rural communities where measures to prevent dog to human transmission have not been implemented.

More than 100 countries report cases of rabies in dogs putting people at risk. Vaccinating at least 70% of dogs breaks the cycle of transmission in dogs and to humans. Safe, efficacious and affordable dog rabies vaccines are available, and countries embarking on rabies elimination need easy access to quality-assured dog vaccines for vaccination campaigns and for outbreak management.

Symptoms
The incubation period for rabies is typically 1–3 months, but may vary from <1 week to >1 year. The initial symptoms of rabies are fever and often pain or an unusual or unexplained tingling, pricking or burning sensation (paraesthesia) at the wound site.

As the virus spreads through the central nervous system, progressive, fatal inflammation of the brain and spinal cord develops.

Two forms of the disease can follow. People with furious rabies exhibit signs of hyperactivity, excited behaviour, hydrophobia and sometimes aerophobia. After a few days, death occurs by cardio-respiratory arrest.

Paralytic rabies accounts for about 30% of the total number of human cases. This form of rabies runs a less dramatic and usually longer course than the furious form. The muscles gradually become paralyzed, starting at the site of the bite or scratch. A coma slowly develops, and eventually death occurs. The paralytic form of rabies is often misdiagnosed, contributing to the under-reporting of the disease.

Diagnosis
No tests are available to diagnose rabies infection in humans before the onset of clinical disease, and unless the rabies-specific signs of hydrophobia or aerophobia are present, the clinical diagnosis may be difficult. Human rabies can be confirmed intra-vitam and post mortem by various diagnostic techniques aimed at detecting the whole virus, viral antigens, viral-specific antibodies in the cerebrospinal fluid, or nucleic acids in infected tissues (brain, skin, urine or saliva).

Transmission
People are usually infected following a deep bite or scratch by an infected animal. Dogs are the main host and transmitter of rabies. They are the source of infection in all of the estimated 50 000 human rabies deaths annually in Asia and Africa.

Bats are the source of most human rabies deaths in the Americas. Bat rabies has also recently emerged as a public health threat in Australia and western Europe. Human deaths following exposure to foxes, raccoons, skunks, jackals, mongooses and other wild carnivore host species are very rare.

Transmission can also occur when infectious material – usually saliva – comes into direct contact with human mucosa or fresh skin wounds. Human-to-human transmission by bite is theoretically possible but has never been confirmed. Changes in the environment and close human contact with wildlife can lead to increased human exposure to rabies-infected wildlife species.

Rarely, rabies may be contracted by inhalation of virus-containing aerosol or via transplantation of an infected organ. Ingestion of raw meat or other tissues from animals infected with rabies is not a source of human infection.

I picked your national mumu card,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Miracle Juice That Kills Cancer And Fibroid Cells / 3, 500 Male Sex Workers, Mostly Married, Discovered In Abuja - NACA / Breast Feeding Mothers Can Also Enjoy Sex – Experts Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.