Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,453 members, 7,801,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68326 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by RAO1(m): 12:19am On Aug 28, 2014
R.I.P to Iya alaro (a seller of dye ), my maternal GREAT GRANDMA made me drank from this......my maternal GRANDMA has inherited this and still drinking from it....I drank from it in IBADAN 5 days ago B4 coming bk to my PPA in Kogi
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by itstpia1: 2:18am On Aug 28, 2014
make una purchase refrigerators for una grandmas o.

http://www.ngpricehunter.com/fridges.1030-PRICE_MIN--list.htm
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nafikowa: 3:23am On Aug 28, 2014
Randa is still visible in northern markets, in shops. Anyone could drink from it, irrespective of whether you know the owner or not. For me, I have never serviced myself from that market randa.

messiah: randa(?) in hausa undecided
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bengoodcreature: 4:47am On Aug 28, 2014
I drank from it throughout my primary and secondary school days, d pot is always chilled, wow!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by yomanovic: 5:44am On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=DickDastardly]Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer : Na wara you dey drink from bodu? O boy!!!! I sabi you na.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Kunlexic(m): 6:00am On Aug 28, 2014
Na dat ikoko my grandma use to take to stream and fetch water,,,the water insyd mehn,always cool nii
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by alaura: 6:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Yea i drank from it in my grandma's house lol
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by pyx: 6:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Yea, I drank from that pot while growing up But now am drinking from CWAY dispenser in my own house
..guess positive tranaformation
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by hadizadeezy(f): 6:46am On Aug 28, 2014
We call it RANDA down here in Maiduguri, seriously we can't do without it cos we don't only drink from it but we also birth with the water during ZAFI season

Those forming ajebutter shld come to maiduguri and let's see if they wunt drink from it( even the dangote's and the Adenuga's)
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by honygold: 7:03am On Aug 28, 2014
The water taste different,so refreshing,and very cold,it a natural fridge
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by joeldy26: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?
Lol.and the funniest is that u will all drink frm one cup.notin like personal cup.hahahah.I rep

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by joeldy26: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?
Lol.and the funniest part is that u will all drink frm one cup.notin like personal cup.hahahah.I rep

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by beeevan: 7:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Never drank from that but I have seen it mounted at strategic positions in people 's houses in the Villa. Didn't meet my paternal grandma and my maternal grandma was an Aje, so no one offered me the supposedly refreshing clay pot water.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by rabzy: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2014
That is our lovely Akhe (Esan name for it). We have it in Lagos here. Though we have our freezer and fridges but we still drink from this always.

Cool and refreshing always....may it never die.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by godwineli(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2014
I used one in school like six years back.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by rabzy: 7:21am On Aug 28, 2014
princefunmi:

My Grandma's Ikoko when she used to live in Tabon Tabon Agege. Oh boy, I always looked forward to drinking water out of that Ikoko. No matter how stressed up you are, or how hot and tired you are, all it takes is a drink of water that has stood in that Ikoko for some time. Meeeeeeenn that was heaven.

awon ti tabon tabon agege, gbogbo aina akera nko, akinleye, amoo, olurinde, ayige.....eku atijo. The whole of Orile Agege to AP was my thumping ground....The ghetto of the ghettos.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by mrspeaker: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2014
Before the existence of fridge and thereafter i drank from it.....It is natural and lovely bt i dont knw if it is still in existence now. nice memory Op thanks jst make me smile cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 28, 2014
grin We run that package that year
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Tnot(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2014
DAVE5:

it marvels me how the pot actually cools water... i drank from it while serving in kebbi about a year ago... shared 1 cup wit eybody who drank from it...

Dave, where did you serve in kebbi?
2010 was the last time I drank from a pot when I was doing my I.T in kebbi.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by darkenrahl2(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Me still get am for house,I still drink out of it dis morning... As In chill
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Abdulsalam20(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2014
I DRANK FROM IT WEN I WAS A KID BT LYK FOUR DAYS BACK I USED IT BECAUSE I WENT OUT TO SEE A FRIEND AND WHEN I'M COMING BACK ITS TIME FOR MOGRIB PRAYER SO I JUST OPT INTO A NEARBY MOSQUE AND TO MY SUPRISE THEY HAVE LYK 3-4 THERE grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by DJATM: 10:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Get Free MB From Airtel Now WORKING 100%

Airtel Mb Cheats.....
airtel free mb here (workin on some sim not all airtel sim) @ www.mastersloaded.com
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Richcreed(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2014
We are still using it in the north,infact almost every household have at least one water pot

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 10:55am On Aug 28, 2014
Wen we broke dat pot ..our dad almost killed us ..d pot can chill water wella

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by 9inches(m): 11:05am On Aug 28, 2014
Gboliwe: the pot is for everybody. Family, friends and passerby. Everybody drank from it and with one cup too. The thought of it now makes me want to throw up. Ewwwwww

Ahh! The cup is meant for taking water from the pot ONLY. My hyper-meticulous grandma will shout your head off if your hand touches anywhere else but the cup handle let alone drinking from it.
She bought aluminum cups for each of us and inspects them every now and then
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by mashaun(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2014
the cup is called "ikeemu" while the pot itself is called "Amu" in Oyo.
I grew up drinking water from this pot while living with my grandma.
such an experience...

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by MGeey(f): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

People still drink from that in my village! Like someone said, the water is always cool and refreshing. Its called "Abang" in efik/Ibibio/Annang
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Inyass76: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2014
Am even missing dis port now, please were can i get it buy ?
In igala land we call it (amor)
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by lharstborn(m): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
The water from this earthen pot is always so cool,irrespective of how hot the weather is
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
I am buying the pot soon.
I came across a research done on this and was very impressed.
Our forefathers were wise men but we tot they were local.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Sunbellar: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
chidyhels: I am buying the pot soon.
I came across a research done on this and was very impressed.
Our forefathers were wise men but we tot they were local.
Please tell us your research because I know the research must have been by a Nigerian or African. Tell us why it's better than my deep freezer

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / 'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.