Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68338 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Asek1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
The pot is a natural refrigerator. I grew up to see my grand peeps using it and ai naturally indulged. It keeps water cool all year long. There is this clayish flavour that comes with the drinking water after it has been heated with coal. The aroma is best known to those who know what am talking aboutgrin Good old days...
Lest ai forget, the pot is also a very significant item that must be added to the bride-price of a woman by the man that marries her. It symbolizes unity and homeliness. If in case of a quarrel, the woman decides to leave her husband's house and she leaves the pot behind after packing her belongings, the husband will know its IGG she is doing meaning that she will eventually return to her husband but if she carries the pot along na seriuos gobe be dat o. It means the marriage has been terminated.
It is called ABANG-ITIE in my dialect.
Can I get a witnesscheesy

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Godsate: 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lagusta: Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!
lol. you ONCE drank from it. How do you know that it's ALWAYS sweet and cold. Liar.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by skybeauty(f): 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
I did drink from it and once i go to d villa i will still drink from it, it has dis unique and refreshing taste
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by femi4: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

That's our 4fathers refridgerator
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Jabioro: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Right from day one l was born till when l passed my secondary school,till l left 4 town..
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Louislewis: 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Some people in Ajegunle are still using it since NEPA refused to change. LG fridge!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by 360command: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Where are the science guys, can they explain while that pot is a coolant?

Is it naturally safe to drink from the pot as to drinking from the fridge.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
I did, in my country home.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by RebelLeader15(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

omo leave that 1 oooo, if we don't belong to the indomie generation, we are part of the PAKOish generation
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by icedbreez(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ahhhhh. I remember this. If you did not drink from this Pot then you must be an 80s child or a city pikin. ..
with this you dont need fridge...sooo cold n actually sweet water from this pot
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Confession time! embarassed

Damn! I remember oo.. I was a child then (around 6-7yrs)the amusing part is the water inside was always refreshingly cold.. Good ol' days! cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Lucasbalo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
jennykadry: My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet and kind like her son my father. cheesy
To survive that, your immune system must be strong. Just looking at that pot sends my spine coiling.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Kespi(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
I drank from it when I visited my grandma in the village and it was always cool n refreshing.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Tinyemeka(m): 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
joebases: Can't forget my days in my south eastern village where we call it ite
Udu!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by romzyxy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
i didnt drink water frm dat calabash.mayb my ancestors did.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by seguno2: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
There must be a science behind its cooling [& filtering] capacity.
It would be interesting to find out through continuous research that can lead to its modern adaptation.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by searay(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Abang itie
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
still did this yr

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
I used it during my NYSC in Maiha lgea in Adamawa state. I never saw PHCN light. I resorted to this pot. I bet you, u'll enjoy the water from it. It's ok

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Otamayomi1(f): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
dats where i drink water from whenever i visit my mum. Its always cool, u'l always want more.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by MizMyColi(f): 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
I used it during service year.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
I always drank from this pot whenever i visited my grandmother

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by iamsmile(m): 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
lipsrsealed[color=#006600][/color]
oyesiju: my parent own is bigger than that one,anyways they are still using it,interestingly my dad buy it b4 he marry my mum about 40 years ago.
MY DAD BUY IT
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Tinyemeka(m): 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
360command: Where are the science guys, can they explain while that pot is a coolant?

Is it naturally safe to drink from the pot as to drinking from the fridge.

The pot is semi-porous. Minute amounts of water percolate through the pot and evaporate taking away heat of evaporation from the water left in the pot.
Happens continuously so the water left in the pot cools over time.
And besides, the pot is usually kept in a cool, shaded place.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nosaghae(m): 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy
warrer indeed! Nor be well water u dey drink for house? Na people like u dey form say dem eat fried rice and salad, at the end of the day u go come dey vomit eba and waterleaf soup.
Back to topic i drank water from that ancient fridge;very chilled
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Ogonimilitant(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
Whats that please? you mean people drink water from that shiit?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Akachukwuvic(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
jennykadry: My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet and kind like her son my father. cheesy
biography
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Reference(m): 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
No. I didn't enjoy the privilege.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by rennylaw(m): 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
Na Ancient deep freezer be this. Sure I have.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Endybest2424(m): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kuku in Nkoro-kirika
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Kespi(m): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
I drank from it when I visited my grandma in the village and it was always cool n refreshing. .
it's called "ongu " in izon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / 'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.